The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Intro

I couldn't find my rhythm in Iceland so time for a country I've never managed before... Luxembourg !

image.png.7d73a8150bf5833a2f48c966dbf2bc72.png

Since last year @WhiteCat33 got really far in Luxembourg with ASL Porto, I was interested in Luxembourg. I live relatively close to Luxembourg myself and that combined with a fast league structure, many nationalities and a kind of build a nation save, a lot of boxes are ticked.

91b8a11d08c72555459c5d391bc7b3d4.png

Luxembourg ranked 100th in the FIFA world ranking. They have a population of +- 660k and the capital is Luxembourg City .

364d754b4c877924c10479a5114a7323.jpg

Hide contents

Luxembourg is a developed country with an advanced economy and one of the world's highest GDP (PPP) per capita as per IMF and World Bank estimates. The nation's levels of human development and LGBT equality are ranked among the highest in Europe. The city of Luxembourg was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994 due to the exceptional preservation of its vast fortifications and historic quarters. Luxembourg is a founding member of the European Union,OECD, the United NationsNATO, and the Benelux. It served on the United Nations Security Council for the first time in 2013 and 2014.

image.png.8cda39004a1670fd5e8a91bf4a19a1a9.png

FC Luxembourg City - Luxembourg- 2th tier - Promotion d'Honneur - Intro - 2024/2024

Database | Manager |  Wikipedia | Club visionSupporter Profile | Finances | Facilities

34a0a76c5bf2d7e72420b0448e09768a.png

FC Luxembourg City is a Luxembourg football club from Hamm, a district of the capital Luxembourg. Matches are played at the Estádio do Cents.  I had to holiday one season and Luxembourg City got promoted from the third tier.

8018bceb312883fad620fb341c6fa5b5.png

On 14 May 2020, the members of FC Blue Boys Muhlenbach and RM Hamm Benfica agreed to a fusion between the two clubs. The new club took the name FC RM Hamm Benfica and took Blue Boys Muhlenbach's place in the Nationaldivisioun in the 2020/21 season.

The name Benfica had been causing controversy for some time. The name and logo are based on that of Portuguese club SL Benfica. Partly because of a threatened claim for damages from the Portuguese, it was decided to change the name to FC Luxembourg City in 2022.  Since Hamm Benfica received a lot of Portuguese and Cape Verdean players through the intakes, I now expect the same at luxembourg City

d8a7b3fc6ebab456ec85586297e0cefa.jpg

Luxembourg_City_1.png.39bef4720700217ee471c565ae964285.pngLuxembourg_City_2.png.eb4bdf26a3a2df89096156d34b90c46b.png

Squad

f6476487448942404c532db51991b9e1.png

17 potential senior players and already added 6 academy players from the first intake. Some of them could make the first eleven already.  First need to sort out a lot of players with an ending or no contract. There seem to be no homegrown rules in luxembourg in this DB.  We also have one pre arranged transfer, i could not cancel this one since i took over at 21/6.

Key Players

bfb6f6ab884351a638061f7530d494ec.png 2b7183372cee87807335e3f82741ff39.png
b2d0eff922a815224d135124248f143f.png

Youth Intake during holiday - Class 2024

f78aed43d49e436282e693fbd892d37f.png
A lot of nationalities !

Reveal hidden contents

0b00ccc3ce4fc8f399046ec6fe4d217b.png

Hot Prospects

8e8c85525331239bd9d4b348a6a1ffce.png  365624e4b8d100eaa11874a8e646d8d6.png 918ba7fdb6f6b03dcdc1bea5db25254b.png

Above three could start in my first eleven already.

Luxembourg Facts 

Reveal hidden contents

d66cde0fa4332463cca3992f62d6ea53.png

Club Facts

5994c438d32d5173c57f5b7fb53df9b0.png

Bingo

003f5c8c875a78a7542030a2107aeeca.png

Thanks @Perre8 for the great kits (they look exactly like how they play in real life , and even better) and @ToMexico!! who has a career save topic himself with Luxembourg city (he was the trigger to finally start this adventure)

Nice bingo card you got there OliverL

Romania
image.png.98610992d9c2bca60849f61570b0f595.png

So I lost an amount of games in a row that led me to be straight up fired from this one, I kind of deleted my save files out of rage so I don't have pics or anything, but this is over. I spun the wheel again, off to Wales, hopefully being back in Britain sorts me out.

image.thumb.png.ec56f324eaaa3a08a37775e37a0119fa.png

14 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Putting my save on ice for a bit, will come back to it later, but not really enjoying it as much this year.

I'll still be in here reading what everyone is doing though so still tag me for things just in case I miss them. 

You’ll be back ;)

it’s always about finding the right save, the one that just hooks you…..if you don’t find it then it’s hard to be motivated for this challenge as it’s all about the club you choose and the league they play in.

For me I always struggle in the close season, no idea why as you just generally need to continue to progress :lol:

2 hours ago, Winski said:

FK_Tinec_logo_svg.thumb.png.73d0f062fabf5cffd6068c722a8e71af.png

FK Fotbal Třinec

It's time for a new adventure! This time in Czech Republic. I have a very succesful save in Sweden with IFK Lidingo at the moment, but I wasn't enjoying it anymore. So it was time for someting new and fresh.
I decided to go for FK Trinec. I know nothing about the club, but I chose this club because of their nice logo and kits. I tried to make their kits as realistic as possible.
There is €1.9M in the bank, which is quite a lot. And the financial projection looks really nice as well. So hopefully it will help me to get some early upgrades!
And the board already got "develop players using the club's youth system" as their board culture. Perfect!

LIn7oLQ.jpg

dnufzZo.png

nJnOkbO.png

rhMNJKY.png

vQtWc7V.png
0Z9p3Uc.png

Ironically, during my Youth Academy Challenge in Poland with Motor Lublin last year, they became the best team in Czechia when I had the league loaded as a result of loading up all of the teams that get recommended for doing a Polish League save. So I'd been considering doing a save with them as a result. Hope you have fun with them.

I've got a league and team in mind for my next attempt, but I've also gotten distracted by other save ideas that I'm tempted to try. So, it might be a while before I make my next attempt.

13 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Ironically, during my Youth Academy Challenge in Poland with Motor Lublin last year, they became the best team in Czechia when I had the league loaded as a result of loading up all of the teams that get recommended for doing a Polish League save. So I'd been considering doing a save with them as a result. Hope you have fun with them.

Nice to hear! So there is a lot of potential in this club. Thanks for letting me know! And for setting the bar high....:D

This feature is B R O K E N this year.

Screenshot2023-11-21135802.png.3f47f640d8497628decb1ec6e7009bea.png

We're mid-table first season in the top division, we have lost the last 2 games, but we won the 2 before that. Just flat out plain busted. I've managed to get 1 badge in 8 years, btw.

Edited by SuperRedditch

32 minutes ago, SuperRedditch said:

This feature is B R O K E N this year.

Screenshot2023-11-21135802.png.3f47f640d8497628decb1ec6e7009bea.png

We're mid-table first season in the top division, we have lost the last 2 games, but we won the 2 before that. Just flat out plain busted. I've managed to get 1 badge in 8 years, btw.

I had a terrible time getting coaching courses in Denmark (didn’t get 1) but in Israel I’ve had every one I’ve requested in 2 seasons (3 in the first season and 2 in the second).

I do think there are massive flaws in the logic used, if your objectives were to avoid relegation and you are mid -table then the reason given is garbage.

Also I tested out some dynamics in another save and one of the things that made me laugh the most was the line about losing the manager to a better team, I gave the ultimatum a]that I couldn’t continue to work unless granted and they say “maybe you should resign then” :lol:

Just now, Neo_Geo said:

I had a terrible time getting coaching courses in Denmark (didn’t get 1) but in Israel I’ve had every one I’ve requested in 2 seasons (3 in the first season and 2 in the second).

I do think there are massive flaws in the logic used, if your objectives were to avoid relegation and you are mid -table then the reason given is garbage.

Also I tested out some dynamics in another save and one of the things that made me laugh the most was the line about losing the manager to a better team, I gave the ultimatum a]that I couldn’t continue to work unless granted and they say “maybe you should resign then” :lol:

The "losing me to a better team" has been the reason given all the way until I got to the top division. I have made a bug report on it, it's so massively overtuned. It'll be some random attribute of the chairperson that's the sole decider.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Brentmeister:

Can you top it up with bonuses and clauses?

I might try - he is still on a youth contract for one year but i want to give him a pro contract to keep him here - the highest payment i can offer is 10k p.a but he starts with 21k wich is horrible in VNN

5 hours ago, Brentmeister said:

ea.png.842a9e18c7508dff8be1405d646ae0f4.png

Season 3

Division 2 Champions!

BrentMeister_EndofSeasonReview.png.3176a9ac35bd0788024caa984b086028.png

A perfect storm of a season where everything came together to see us crowned champions.

Our demotion to semi-pro may have been a blessing in disguise. With less training, our injury record was great, and our running costs were much lower. No u18 competition also helped in this regard.

The title was never really in doubt and we were quite dominant all season.

BrentMeister_Inbox-12.png.6191a9e48567463ac3da4686d0a2f6a0.png

Our professional status was immediately restored upon our title win.

I expect next season to be a struggle but we only need to finish 5th bottom to avoid the relegation group.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Youth Intake

An excellent intake was promised and delivered.

6 elite talents arrived and although the personalities weren't great, it should put us in a good place when the real players start to retire.

BrentMeister_Inbox-9.png.c572e3c4ae243c3f4404426c2e289290.png

Young Ghanaian midfield Boateng was considered best in class.

EdwardBoateng_Profile.thumb.png.d9abf7c719928f48c5c3c52d8214714c.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Stuff

No transfers in.

I'm now a National B rated coach.

Our junior coaching and recruitment are both now excellent.

Ticket prices went up again. Our season ticket holders should double next season.

Our board decided to expand the stadium at a cost of 4.4m. I'm not sure where the money is coming from though because it isn't showing in the overall balance or debts and loans.?

BrentMeister_Inbox-10.png.da4a8a7943f4d897cbc73b23ccb6190e.png

Sneak Preview of Season 4

JupilerProLeague_SeasonPreview.png.4200c953ceb93efa1ec6df3c0efb7c87.png

image.png.9b5305f566070cdd3145a9b09be0d927.png

You are doing a great job.  In real life there are a lot of troubles with the Turkish owners. The complete youth department resigned last week after lack of respect and issues with the facilities for the youth players, money problems etc. First team is doing good with ex Belgium and everton player Kevin Mirallas as their DoF.

14 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

You are doing a great job.  In real life there are a lot of troubles with the Turkish owners. The complete youth department resigned last week after lack of respect and issues with the facilities for the youth players, money problems etc. First team is doing good with ex Belgium and everton player Kevin Mirallas as their DoF.

It's a sad story a lot of lower-league clubs around the world are finding themselves in. Mis-management, lack of funds...

I still have one Turkish board member despite a takeover, and Mirallas has just left after I didn't renew his contract. (no need for a dof)

As for me in the Jupiler Pro this season, relegation is looking sadly imminent :(

I won't lose my job though so hopefully I can keep building.

Edited by Brentmeister

8 hours ago, Scraborn said:

Are we alloed to use affiliate clubs? to get money or send players out on loan?

Yes, you are allowed, just no players IN. You can loan your player OUT to other clubs or affiliates. And you can have a senior affiliate to get money, just not loan IN any players.

@WhiteCat33 Thanks for putting that here - I've been playing around with it this morning! Is it possible to add an "ideal 11" or something like that? 

Taking a bit of a proper look, I'm curious if the effect of being a part time club means priority is given to mental attributes over physical. I've got a couple of players with extremely good mentals, but very poor physicals.

Edited by Anners

Where is everyone getting their database add-ons from when using leagues outside of the original game? I'm tempted by Luxembourg or maybe somewhere like Kazakhstan. I just don't want to get into a save and then discover the format is incorrect or there are bugs. Cheers,

Bradford (PA) - 26/27 Season - The Run In

image.png.3002689dd54df43edc50c2371af66d0e.png

Well, it seems our third season has turned into somewhat of a disaster... 

It seems we certainly have not been good enough and not quite as prepared for the gruelling season as I had thought. After a pretty okay-ish start it was evident that it would be a struggle this year. Multiple big losses as well as high calibre squad loses proceeded to damage us further. Brad Dockerty (an experienced head from the original squad) refused to accept he was no longer the star player he once was and left in the summer when his contract expired and Jaromir Kucera (our gem of a Czech right winger) left on a free transfer after not accepting a part time contract with us due to our squad being "too weak". To lose our brightest prospect was hard enough, losing him for nothing is what really hurts. 

Transfers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.17ce017831dce0d12e8d2f3394bc4bc8.png

image.thumb.png.ded67276009bf471424e8b08d5d2c027.png

Heartbreaking!

It seemed as soon as Jaromir left in January, our squad checked out... What followed was an 18 game winless run which brings us up to today. We have 3 games to save our season. We are 7 points from safety and on the back of 3 draws on the bounce, where we have looked really good. Is it too little too late? We have a favourable run in so I'm actually quite hopeful we can pull of the greatest of escapes. Also we've literally just got our youth intake so maybe it's the perfect storm! We need plenty of results to go our way and the odds are heavily stacked against us but, you know what, I believe. 

Intake

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6fbdf19542dbd77a70ca21db06da8b40.png

image.png.acd38c4819110f6b85f28fa50a54f594.png

The positives of this season so far? Simon Owen has developed pretty nicely and put in some good performances. Other than that there's not really been too much to shout about. No upgrades to facilities and the board still reject every request for me to get a coaching badge. We switched to a strikerless formation this year and that could explain our bluntness up front but we actually lack a real good attacking player anyway so I'll blame that. 

So on to the business. The business being whether we keep our job (and save) going. 

Game one - Darlington (A)

Spoiler

They sit 12th and nothing to play for. Could we put an end to 18 games without a win and get a victory toward safety. Like I've mentioned we have played well in the last 3 games, so morale is good.

WIN. GET IN! Kristian Neill steps up and bags a brace playing as a shadow striker. The journalists have coined our route one football as "revolutionary"! 

image.png.5e34395f83bdb8998d6049addd8da61d.png

Here's how the table looks going into game two 

Game two - Tamworth (H) 

Spoiler

Now this could be the trickiest of the run in. They are 4th in thje league, but looking a bit out of form for a play off team. Maybe we've caught them at the right time... Let's see how this revolutionary route one football goes.

Well it's 2-2 going into added time and I think our time might just be up... I've stuck it on Very Attacking as one goal is all we need to stay alive.

Ball into the box and Lancaster is bundled over! PENALTY BRADFORD! 
Jamie Spencer has the opportunity to keep the great escape alive...

BURIES IT! WE'RE NOT DONE YET. 92ND MINUTE!

The game ends 3-2 and after a quick glance at the results from the days play we are well in this. Leamington lost and we are now just a point behind going into the last day of the season. Here's the table ahead of the final day

image.png.b137a45bd01c52c3ada651210f2e2139.png

Game Three - Stourbridge (A) 

Spoiler

Now, this perfect storm I mentioned earlier? Well this could be the eye of it. 
Stourbridge sit rock bottom of the league with just 20 points and long relegated. Our relegation rivals Leamington face top of the league Scarborough, could this really be the greatest escape ever orchestrated? 
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

So the permutations are - 
- We draw and Leamington lose, we are still down on goal difference (unless there is a 12 goal swing) 
- We win and Leamington lose / draw, we survive.

Essentially, we have to win.  

Going into the game, a quick look through their squad and a name pops out to me... None other than our former "star" - Brad Dockerty. Surely Mr Dockerty can't stand us now? 

We're underway here... 

And just like that, it's half time. At half time, Leamington are level with Scarborough. So we need a goal here. 

Short corner and Simon Owen is not being closed down here. OWEEEENNNNN!!! 1-0 BRADFORD!!! 

image.png.e529996f7191ed3c1be81c5516e5552a.png

70 minutes gone here and we're safe as it stands. Bradford win the ball back in the centre circle and Longbottom plays a long ball over the top for Luke Tyler. He is in here! AND HE FIRES HOME!!! 2-0!!! I don't believe it!!! 

I don't believe it even more... Leamington lead against Scarborough... We're down as it stands

87 minutes on the clock... 

SCARBOROUGH HAVE EQUALISED!!! WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!

IT'S FULL TIME!! THE GREAT ESCAPE HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED!!! 

I genuinely cannot believe it. How have we done that?

image.png.616c12eb7df2461da26baa8474e2e536.png

End of Season Awards - 

Spoiler

Thought it would be fun to include a little End of Season Award section to give some recognition to the lads in what has been a tough year. 

Manager's Player of the Year
Simon Owen - Simple, he's developed really nicely and looks like he can really lead us into the future.

Most Improved Player of the Year
Kristian Neill 

Who am I expecting to come through next year? 
Kyle Lamey - Although his development hints at decline. I'll look to getting him to realise his potential next season. I'm looking to push him into Centre back rather than full back. 

Nat Noble-Lazarus - I'll look to see Nat pushing through next year and getting plenty of minutes. 

Manager and Club Stats / Info

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9251b695a91d0b35b70ba558a4f0286f.png

image.thumb.png.f81646a4a9dd617240508f08511f7e9d.png

image.png.a8953f7feae2fd8f923d9050b4e23601.png

image.thumb.png.a16d166d82e0b2c8b41c5af646ad2557.png

I'm hoping next year we can start to push on! I don't know, maybe even get a coaching badge! You never know

Edited by unfocused_alex

AK7aPaD9faKrTFCtobUljkx7DAvu5w_Rbxaf0Oiq

Kavala Football Club / Αθλητικός Όμιλος Καβάλα

Season 0 - 2023/24

InfoGeneralFacilities / Squad

I'm going to give Greece a try. Meet Georgios Angelopoulos, a 50-year-old Greek stepping into football for the first time as a manager of the newly promoted second tier side Kavala FC.

Edited by CJ'43

14 hours ago, Potat said:

image.thumb.png.313b4857130aaa6bb8e901ae8f74e1bc.png

Plus he is literally valued higher than our entire club and as far as I know I won't get any future fee now as he was on a non-contract for us

Bummer to lose him, that's the rub playing in the Caribbean in these early years. Are either of the other dominant clubs professional? I don't remember if they start professional.

If he gets transfered outside of Barmuda you will get a small percentage of the transfer as the development club,  like 2-5%. A pittance I know, especially with how valuable each dollar is in the Caribbean. 

6 hours ago, Anners said:

@WhiteCat33 Thanks for putting that here - I've been playing around with it this morning! Is it possible to add an "ideal 11" or something like that? 

Taking a bit of a proper look, I'm curious if the effect of being a part time club means priority is given to mental attributes over physical. I've got a couple of players with extremely good mentals, but very poor physicals.

You're welcome, happy to share it! I'm away from the computer for the next few days (thanksgiving holiday here in the US), so what follows is from memory. 

I started something like that with the idea of building a starting XI in your chosen formation by best player who has played above a minimum number of minutes and is able to play the position. It just wasn't something I needed in Barbados and I wanted more longitudinal tracking, so I paused on it and removed it from this posted version.

Parts of its calculations are still in the sheet, specifically rank ordering CA players by position. That's what the minutes Selector is for on the "Summary" page. You change that and it will alter the threshold. I'm pretty sure in the playing stats and international performance calculating page the listing of starters vs reserves is still in the sheet and working. It lists UID and CA in order per position splitting players into the two groups above and below the threshold.

With regards to part time: From my experience the way to get any physical development from part time is to choose training roles that highlight the max number of atteibutes. This is why I train all my strikers as pressing forwards and midfilders as box2box/segundo volante when we are part time. 

Once you are full time then you can specialize into more technical players.

Edited by WhiteCat33