The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, XaW said:

That's the trick, have extremely poor players, it helps with the intake! :D 

I see what you guys are saying. My first intake in Vanarama North most players showed with 5 stars (4 yellow + 1 "white") PPA, but when I checked what that meant by looking at some of the OGs (original non-newgen players), 5 stars basically meant a player good enough for "tier 6" in England. :lol:

42 minutes ago, fries said:

Unfortunately, I can't. At least not right now. I hope I get the chance to cancel before the confirmation of the transfers

Phew! I got the possibility to cancel the transfers when I received the confirmation mail. No wasted money that could be put into the youth setup instead. And no unhappy players on my reserve team.

Usually when I'm in to this challenge I get to a point where I come up with the idea of trying to turn my side into a Ajax/Barcelona (classic Ajax not current one :D) style side and have that running through my club, usually it happens when I'm in the Championship but for some reason at the end of this past season I have a desire to try it again. 

Now I'm not sure it's possible to really do it in this challenge as you can't go out and but the players you need to play that style and you're so reliant on what players come through, I'm certainly sure it's not possible to play that extreme possession and pressing style in Vanarama National league North but here I am trying to work out a tactic to try and play it like a crazy fool :D 

vor 38 Minuten schrieb darren1983:

Usually when I'm in to this challenge I get to a point where I come up with the idea of trying to turn my side into a Ajax/Barcelona (classic Ajax not current one :D) style side and have that running through my club, usually it happens when I'm in the Championship but for some reason at the end of this past season I have a desire to try it again. 

Now I'm not sure it's possible to really do it in this challenge as you can't go out and but the players you need to play that style and you're so reliant on what players come through, I'm certainly sure it's not possible to play that extreme possession and pressing style in Vanarama National league North but here I am trying to work out a tactic to try and play it like a crazy fool :D 

Please let us take part in this journey and post about the attempts 

@XaW few pages ago you posted an incredible youth intake: how do you explain that?

Just now, HanziZoloman said:

@XaW few pages ago you posted an incredible youth intake: how do you explain that?

Explained it a few post on from it. My squad is really bad, and the players, while good, are not world beaters, they are simply very good for my current squad. 

The best one, Jim O'Leary 26a, is still only rated as a standard player in my league:

image.png.3d5276616426f4531891073e29cb4893.png

But compared to the dross I have, he is excellent! Lots of players from my original squad are rated "Good" for the tier below, like this guy who is still playing for me!

LOgWHnC.png

He is now 2 stars, before I got the intake he was rated 5! That was the kind of level of players I had, so thus player rated decent at this level will come through with amazing ratings! :D 

Irrational things that make you like one of your youth products more?

I'll start, you put a 15 year old kid on the bench for the first time, you go to assign him a squad number and he tells you he wants the number of your star player.  You got brass ones kid, I like you :D 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SuperRedditch:

It can happen, I got this guy in the National League North on FM23. This is him on intake day. Best player I've ever had (and probably will ever have)relative to the quality of the league/squad. I still see him rinsing the defenders of the VNN when I close my eyes at night.

20221101171523_1.jpg.5d2d149466966e324d4

With that class of players I’m in EFL1 :onmehead:… when I close my eyes at night I see something else..

Got a little bit of time to get started on my Israel save and there are a few interesting points straight away.

1. Here is my 19 year old keeper who was already here :eek:
    S1_Melika.thumb.png.d5160f2f3d8ebd9375bb96b21545bbce.png

2. Melika doesn't want to talk to me about a new contract as the squad isn't strong enough

3. Melika cannot play in league games as month to month contract players are ineligible (luckily my back up keeper who is also 19 looks to have potential but not at the same level as Melika who is already with the Israeli U23s)

4. I didn't realise there was a National League Cup so I've had to amend my bingo card
    S1_BingoCard.thumb.png.da033b6ff04e87fa050d1e31962b028b.png

5. I said I was going to go attacking........here's my first 4 games in charge
    S1_First4Games.png.21f0c97921a93029e80be18ef7a6dc77.png

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

Irrational things that make you like one of your youth products more? 

I enjoy seeing good newgens from smaller/weaker nations. Even when they belong to an AI team, I add them to a shortlist and follow their careers. 

See this game sometimes...

My first attempt in Norway, which I didn't even get round to posting, was a disaster, players all turned on me due to poor squad depth and how terribly I'd handled this!

I'm getting same again - I've had 3 games in charge, won all 3 and playing great football with a 4-3-3 with an inverting left back causing hellish overloads in the middle, great wingers and forwards, but now team want a meeting about lack of squad depth at centre back (which is true, we really only have about 3 and they are all rubbish!)

But team atmosphere was good as you'll see (excellent in fact) due to great start to season, they all want a meeting moaning about squad depth, and because i tell them no I think we're good we are doing well, now the atmosphere is abysmal!

I know this challenge is meant to be difficult but this is such an unnecessary obstacle to put in your way, how many squads pull up the manager about the squad depth, i get it all the time in these challenges!

6 minutes ago, aldojags said:

My first attempt in Norway, which I didn't even get round to posting, was a disaster, players all turned on me due to poor squad depth and how terribly I'd handled this!

I'm getting same again - I've had 3 games in charge, won all 3 and playing great football with a 4-3-3 with an inverting left back causing hellish overloads in the middle, great wingers and forwards, but now team want a meeting about lack of squad depth at centre back (which is true, we really only have about 3 and they are all rubbish!)

But team atmosphere was good as you'll see (excellent in fact) due to great start to season, they all want a meeting moaning about squad depth, and because i tell them no I think we're good we are doing well, now the atmosphere is abysmal!

I know this challenge is meant to be difficult but this is such an unnecessary obstacle to put in your way, how many squads pull up the manager about the squad depth, i get it all the time in these challenges!

Yeah it can be a bit illogical at times.

I found when I got the squad depth issue I said about the youth prospects, it only buys some time and obviously if you are in the first season its likely they'll be annoyed about it but it was usually manageable.

Don't they understand its a Youth Challenge and we can't strengthen? :idiot:

Compared to my Danish save in the first few months the board sanctioned:

Coaching Course
S1_CoachingCourse.thumb.png.02a8c209208b1cd7e7359b3bfdc2f9a7.png

Junior Coaching Increase
S1_JuniorCoachingIncreased.png.8afae77fce0a16df0145ccbfea9d4268.png

Youth Recruitment Improvement

S1_YouthRecruitmentImprovement.png.12b855c1a03d6a6a6ad8b0deddbf85d1.png

I have a good feeling about the start of this save and I'm finding being aggressive and on the front foot is more often than not yielding results.

14 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Yeah it can be a bit illogical at times.

I found when I got the squad depth issue I said about the youth prospects, it only buys some time and obviously if you are in the first season its likely they'll be annoyed about it but it was usually manageable.

Don't they understand its a Youth Challenge and we can't strengthen? :idiot:

Yeh i did that in Norway, and they were all immediately happy (but as I say I got fired after 11 games so didnt see it through)

Trouble is in croatia, i have no young CB's, none, so I didnt want to promise this and then let them all down!

I know we are the 0.1% that play the game this way, but I'd love an option to have an option to have a board change their policy to be a youth heavy club as its a pain in the ass playing it this way but u cant explain it to the game! :D rant over!

Good luck @the_hdk!

il y a 33 minutes, aldojags a dit :

Yeah I usually tell them some young players will get better and create the depth they want. 

FC Honda - No Update - Just a post for accountability

It looks like I have one transfer, but it is just a youth player I offered a contract to and he took a while to accept (I did offer it 2 days before his trial ended to be fair to him). He also will not make much difference. Luckily I had a rolling save 2 weeks before, so you can see him still in my youth intake on trial with the club. You can also see him here in the youth intake screen (although not yet labeled as YP01N)

image.thumb.png.4d254865238d888178775b2f0fabe039.pngimage.thumb.png.b793252a3fa4aca54d55a79f6b277d1d.pngimage.thumb.png.b331cfd66b17a7db3c7317ea481a95c0.png

image.png.c8ff01620c318330b0386a2e327c3467.png

CSC Ghiroda - Liga II - Romania - Season 4 - 2027 - Start

image.png.8d4913610af712982571acb9c5cc8d03.pngimage.png.cb804ddf632670f38ce92fdb421d8084.png

We use the relegation to rebuild the team and give more youth players a chance even though we might have better options from older guys. So a lot of key players, that were in the team before I came, were released and a lot of youth players joined the senior squad from the U19 Team.

Sold/Released/Loaned Players:

Spoiler

transfers3.png.fc847e1b19daca9a2c4798eb13780e58.pngtransfers2.png.bfbe7c1095df6d28f7bf6c0ef689d522.pngtransfers1.png.c84ff34c1c6178f8920c1e60c4a073f0.png

Promoted Players from Class of 24/25:

Spoiler

neu24Radoi.thumb.png.64f3c0602929c31b7bf53517735d8648.pngneu24Macavei.thumb.png.9d6b70f6d2742202e3634b08d0c26faa.pngneu24Grosu.thumb.png.e8cdac7f1cb65dea9d47896193e91691.png

Positions: Grosu - Backup Striker; Radoi - Backup LW; Macavei - Backup GK

Players to watch: Grosu. Grosu did develop his personality from frickle to ambitions and I see that in his training results and overall development. If he continues like that and performs well in the cup and as a sub, he will be a contestant for the starting position.

none

Sonea, a good player from that year is already playing in the senior squad and the rest is still young enough to play for our U19 and develop there.

Spoiler

neu26Pop.thumb.png.81aa8b7f464704a23d2882b582ec20f7.pngneu26Dima.thumb.png.332a9516feb3d5c7fbf077fd71e53560.pngneu26Ciocan.thumb.png.f7bcc8770dbea3f9e91009b4c9c2ab7e.pngneu26Voicu.thumb.png.a1c39224bed51dc132c2508131adda4d.pngneu26Vilci.thumb.png.c45929440e431684af4f2010ef8726aa.pngneu26trancau.thumb.png.86fd56481dc7830c0d9fe32ba4063006.pngneu26rata.thumb.png.846d77da7681711de59927ce84672daa.png

7 Players from lasts year "Golden Generation" made it into the first team. I dont want to overwhelm them so only Voicu and Dima will start. The rest will be back ups at the beginning of the season and we will see how they develop.

Season Preview

The quality of our squad is still below average but we are not dead last which is nice. If my players develop well we might have a shot at the promotion playoffs but the experts dont really think so.

Spoiler

technikschnitt.thumb.png.956d1ff4fe88a02137935da1fba47a39.pngvorschau.png.c8fcc626ab8391650f058165b44176c6.png

Anyway with this season the big rebuild started and from now on I want to replace the remaining old players by new youngsters so we need better YIs. I expect a similar Yi like last season which will massively help me.

Im currently not able to improve facilities since finances are very bad and in the second league they will get even worse. Overall I am pretty confident for this season, I just hope that the new Youngsters develop well so we can take a realistic shot at promotions in the next season.

9 minutes ago, Perre8 said:

No seasonal update yet, i just wanted to show my intake, one player i HAD to share already with you guys!

WhatsAppImage2023-11-14at12_26_26.jpeg.f06d4514f8383d2dade8d7f6b26892e1.jpegWhatsAppImage2023-11-14at12_26_44.thumb.jpeg.4c42a1450e5a16a033e92fd08b32dff2.jpeg

This is only my third season in Austria, absolute beast!!

Good personality too. Enjoy him before Salzburg inevitably unsettle him in a few years. :D  

2 hours ago, the_hdk said:

@Neo_Geo thats a tactic straight out of the 70s :D

I think Netherlands played like that in the WC.

It’s not for the faint hearted anyway, I only watch key highlights but there are dozens in most games :lol: