The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Haha yeah his base wage is 25% of our wage bill, but for the absurd number of goals he's scoring as well as captaining the team & mentoring all our strikers its totally worth it. What shocked me was I have never had an issue with him wanting a release-clause as that is what gets you in the Caribbean. 

The MLS trying to poach him as been interesting. He has to have max loyalty because every transfer window at least 3-5 MLS teams put in bids for him but he has no interest in signing for a MLS Team! I find this crazy because he was a pure American Foreign intake player, so you would think would have a preference to return to the USA. In my game universe It also helps that without your NACL mod-file the reputations of the leagues have shifted and this is the current state of North America:

image.png.7e22e95722ca58f1eda668297c6237a4.png

Even though Barbados doesn't have much money in the league (yet), you don't get that big of a negative reputation effect for star players wanting to leave to other North American Leagues. I have both Costa Rica and Honduras loaded in my game and it seems they are out-gaining the MLS in reputation (probably a balance issue?). It has been just MLS & Liga Mx teams trying to buy him off us thus far...

This changed this summer after Carrillo's performance in Club matches as well as the North American World Cup Qualifying he was runner up for NA POY and was the starting striker in the Best XI.

image.png.9dcd97a799448ceeff177ba02a32f90b.png

image.png.ee1ed046707cabbedb6b55719b249c54.png

Now that he's got onto the world stage, we immediately we got interest from European Clubs primarily from 2nd and 3rd level nations. Yes he got upset about it, but it wasn't that hard to manage. Only big downside was his performance dipped for our early season Continental Match, which was frustrating. Bids were half decent though:

Hide contents

image.png.7f654c254b1819e848eba5c7679bd2d0.png

image.png.a22bc67c709ae617a78e2955629ab249.png

image.png.74f913e631ff27a881e8b87b8391be25.png

Then since he was unhappy he was open to MLS moves, but again I easily waited him out. What's more amazing is how much Real Salt Lake were willing to pay us for him. I do remember in my St Vincent save my star CM did get some larger offers to move to the MLS, but I don't think that big.

Hide contents

image.png.e6b2a48ff4537005a4910e6c52410579.png

I still have him for another 3 years on the current contract, but I'll probably be having him sign a new one shortly, so we will see what he asks for next.

I've been meaning to ask you, have you started on the 2024 version of your database? If you are, are you editing NACL/CCC the same way? I ask because that file locks in the league reputations in the Caribbean due to how the continental competition is changed. Because this save I forgot to add it I'm seeing these interesting changes in ranks, though I do miss your CCC tournament - that was fun!

I'll definitely be making it. Even going to try and add Trinidadian School football and accurate U20 competitions (who knows if it'll work). I can't start before official release as that's when the editor is out.

I am hoping all-star teams work this year, as I had them all set up properly with the advanced rules last year, but they didn't work as the game clearly ignored them. 

I think it every year, but yes I'm hoping I can get it more fluid so you're not stuck in the earliest stages. I'm wondering if I have a hidden stage where the game ranks teams by their reputation and then use that to feed them into rounds... I've never been able to get something similar to dynamic coefficients work, but with the official coefficients being released it might be possible this year.

2 minutes ago, V50 said:

I'll definitely be making it. Even going to try and add Trinidadian School football and accurate U20 competitions (who knows if it'll work). I can't start before official release as that's when the editor is out.

I am hoping all-star teams work this year, as I had them all set up properly with the advanced rules last year, but they didn't work as the game clearly ignored them. 

I think it every year, but yes I'm hoping I can get it more fluid so you're not stuck in the earliest stages. I'm wondering if I have a hidden stage where the game ranks teams by their reputation and then use that to feed them into rounds... I've never been able to get something similar to dynamic coefficients work, but with the official coefficients being released it might be possible this year.

Exciting! I'm planning on abondoning my save and heading to the Carribean as soon as I can

@DazRTaylor great Cup Run and congrats to your promotion. Wonderful stuff to read! I enjoy the looks of your dutch midfielder excellent player, I'd like to have him. 

Ricay News report the highest transfer out. Brian Milicevic is a wonderful player and it's hard to lose him, especially as he is very young and promising. The Australian only played 1 1/2 season as a regular starter. We're losing money every month and the savings are nearly spent, the 500k from this transfer will see us through the year. We already promoted a new youngster to develop as the next WB.

500k is a special offer

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-31um20_12_31.thumb.png.5486428c45021c9f6b6474e4aa3a4b44.png

Brian Milicevic a wonderful servant

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-31um20_19_05.thumb.png.b987b0acb91240d134b3e8eb73f4bfff.png

The other Aussie left us too. Deng Ross Oh he will be missed. He scored some nice ones and is still so young. but 250k are worth the deal.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-10-31um20_37_55.thumb.png.dcded90e24b03b02fb29ebd8e635970a.png

Edited by HanziZoloman

1 hour ago, V50 said:

Duh of course, editor isn't out yet - my bad! 

All Sar Teams would be pretty neat! What is the real-world all-star games? I of course know of the MLS one, but didn't know about Caribbean All-star teams. If there is a real-world tournament between them that would be perfect for the long off-season breaks you get in the Caribbean.

Are you considering adding the Caribbean Shield as the stepping-stone competition for Amateur/Semi-Pro nations to get the final slots in the New Carribean Cup? Sort of like a Lichtenstein-chain type system in place to take the tiny islands to glory over multiple years of successful qualification tournaments. I'm not fully versed on the new CONCACAF Cup format, just that we are almost to the finals of the tournament and it only had the 10 big-nation teams. I've tried to watch a few of the matches when I remember, though its way easier to watch the national team games on ESPN.

Totally get that the dynamic rep is a tricky beast to tackle, I honestly didn't realize there was dynamic reputation in the base game until I accidently forgot the file. I like the absurd goal to get the Barbadian Premier league to be higher reputation than the MLS. Get the next Messi to come here instead :) 

Edited by WhiteCat33

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Exciting! I'm planning on abondoning my save and heading to the Carribean as soon as I can

Please don't hold your breath - my job is full-on during term times so I don't realistically plan on being able to complete it before Christmas. I won't play until it's made, so it's a wait for me too!

53 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Duh of course, editor isn't out yet - my bad! 

All Sar Teams would be pretty neat! What is the real-world all-star games? I of course know of the MLS one, but didn't know about Caribbean All-star teams. If there is a real-world tournament between them that would be perfect for the long off-season breaks you get in the Caribbean.

Are you considering adding the Caribbean Shield as the stepping-stone competition for Amateur/Semi-Pro nations to get the final slots in the New Carribean Cup? Sort of like a Lichtenstein-chain type system in place to take the tiny islands to glory over multiple years of successful qualification tournaments. I'm not fully versed on the new CONCACAF Cup format, just that we are almost to the finals of the tournament and it only had the 10 big-nation teams. I've tried to watch a few of the matches when I remember, though its way easier to watch the national team games on ESPN.

Totally get that the dynamic rep is a tricky beast to tackle, I honestly didn't realize there was dynamic reputation in the base game until I accidently forgot the file. I like the absurd goal to get the Barbadian Premier league to be higher reputation than the MLS. Get the next Messi to come here instead :) 

So a couple of islands have cool regional competitions. Saint Lucia, for example, has regional "all star" teams made up from the clubs in their region, for example Vieux Fort South would include players from the teams in that area. Grenada has something similar, those are the two I remember, but there might be more. 

The file you're using has effectively got the Caribbean shield, just integrated fully into the NACL. I'm wondering whether to separate it or not, as it's nice to have a trophy. Unfortunately they only live-streamed the matches and didn't record them, but I watched the mall (even posted on Twitter a best XI in my opinion). I'm hoping next year they do record it. 

Apologies for off-topic, but just to note I hope to have a dynamic NACL and feeding competitions, but not sure how to achieve that! 

On 30/10/2023 at 22:35, DomD said:

@the_hdk congrats on getting promoted to J1.

Are you using this AI face pack for your new gens? https://www.fmscout.com/a-ultra-realistic-newgen-faces.html

Is it easy to setup?

thanks!! I actually use midjourney to create my own faces. than I add them based on id into the game. its about 30 min work each intake...but its fun. you can create quite realistic faces and play around with it. 

If you have any Qs let me know or pm me and I can explain the proces. 

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

OFabCSg.png

PG6DP0e.png

Transfer History

Well season took a while due to real life commitments. Buts it's finally here. J1 and we survived. Just about (3 points from relegation) but we stayed.
In the end we dit well. Our Brazilian youth ERNESTO PAULO broke into first team at center defending position. Grew into a 4 star ability player so that is great. Our midfield youths are not improving anymore so i'm kinda disapointed about it. But than we have TANAKA. our Star striker. 18 years old. And already TopScorer in J1! with 30 goals in 37 games. He got called up for Japan but did not play yet. So good chance he will be our first producted international. Bad thing is that major European clubs are interested. PSG offered already 3 mln. He does not want to extend. He still has a contract for 2 more years...but that means I will probably have to sell him next year. Lets hope his value will go up a bit and we can cash on him. Our board is mad at me as I failed to repair the club's financial situation. We went from nealry 3 mln in debt into 2mln in plus...but that seems still bad for some reason. I even sold MISAWA just to get extra bucks.

J1 deserved new Kits and a new banner!. Away kit inspired by Ajax, Johan Cruijffs main club. Seemed fitting.

MBAPPE with his 4th Ballon d'Or. Fun to see BARDGHJI and YAMAL in the top3. In Japan VISSEL KOBE with their first championship.

New Chairman

0D74fr6.png

MISAWA left for our biggest transfer so far. 1,2mln.

JJh3UFw.png

And than this happened. Moniezzzzz. Now we are in the plus.

IRxIwYJ.png

YASUDA Intake 2029

xWw6SCy.png

Looked good on paper but once the players joined the u-18...only 4 players had higher than 3 star potential so this intake seems to be really bad. No Foreign intake.

oJBfHmD.png

KOBAYASHI seems as the best of the bunch. Already at 2,5 star ability so that is great. Love the pace. Let's see. Will probably join the first team as I will have to sell soon.

Good job ! intakes = only Japanese regens ?

IFK Lidingö - Season 1 Review

image.png.f316613298d0b6704a7e1970040e5ed3.png

A very successful season on the pitch as we win the league title at our first attempt and secure promotion to Division 1 and the third tier of Swedish football. Only a mid-table finish was expected but some stellar performances throughout the season put us in the title challenge and we ended up winning the league by 8 points. And it was all done using a grey goalkeeper until the final few games of the season where I was lucky enough to get one in our first youth intake.

League Table, Squad and Transfers

Spoiler

Division2NorraSvealand_Stages.thumb.png.703d71388f74301b4f6a449ed7d97000.png

IFKLidingFK_Overview.thumb.png.6ea377f7a36c5f22a8371bdedc4708c4.png

IFKLidingFK_TransferHistory.thumb.png.924dda66a4f60827a8507c48c4147216.png

Youth Intake

Spoiler

ya11.png.f06f4524dc0d15eb40ff2593e757992c.png

ya12.png.748dd26604482f1d293a256c5cefd56f.png

ya13.png.0c1c7bbd62ede953c7a6d2a4d11242f5.png

All of the candidates were signed with a handful moving straight into the first team. Miloš Marić definitely the standout player from the intake.

Spoiler

MiloMariYP01a_Profile.thumb.png.9f63187a955c7e3b4055eb3318908f1b.png

The board expect us to be relegated so there isn't much pressure on us in our first season in the third tier but I'm privately hoping/expecting we can carry on our good momentum and survive the first season at least.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Virtual Male:

image.thumb.png.f870ac157d61acb398a34c16fd48abf5.png

I'm at a loss, we're creating chances but can't convert and at the other end we're letting in nearly twice the number of goals we should be. It's got to be a player quality thing right? 

I‘m not sure, could easily be a tactical issue. I had the same problems many times and switching the tactic like more solid or more aggressive or less tactical challenging. Just recently I tried to play more like the Brazilian and it worked wonderful but we didn’t score and conceded a lot.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb RCola1:

Almost all my players have acceleration and speed over 10 so it seems I'm just blitzing teams

:D
great posting! Especially as you dropped some tactical insights which is a rare sight here.

Yes you all should tell a bit about how you playing, it‘s still a football simulation.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb The_Gato_In_Goal:

Jl4uMp.jpg

The good luck ran out. It turns out when you rely on an inconsistent striker who hates big matches, if his form drops so does the club's. We went all of November, December, January, and February without a win.

That’s horrible and reminds me of those days … I still got nightmares. Are you already fired?

you can turn things around, I know you can. Try a more simple approach, play to the strengths chose the players carefully.

Edited by HanziZoloman

bNuZVv8rJiwUNglInXJDjIucqrj6LC8nFp3gxkR_tKISWacig89e0GNL2LGX4OJck3b7UjM5TqRJ4aRnBBdD2YNs_kHyMAdvs5yFTe6JMf6OXBAHsu5Tx7rjeE0b3jY6XQqq_eg-kNlQzDsLxyksJxs

Jimmy Coyle’s Belfast Celtic FM23 Youth Only Challenge

Hello Everyone,

(Please note this is an FM23 SAVE)

I am back again after an amazing 3 Seasons.

i have finally written up another 3 seasons on the document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WzdxnIKCEr6Nx6ODf1ax9jj7RUukOsJ5sDP503mpuKY/edit?usp=sharing

For everyone who read my previous installment there is a quick link for you to continue your progress on season 4.

We have been promoted to the Top division, we have a new stadium and just survived a tough opening campaign at the top of Northern Ireland.

I feel like we are starting to Stagnate with our youth intakes, so I want to try and upgrade our recruitment/facilities as soon as possible however the money is really, really scarce in this division.

Anywhoo still having great fun - and thank you for reading :)

COME ON YOU CELTS!

-Jimmy

52 minutes ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

You probably noticed the new feature where when you're loading up a game it says how much you played. However, under that, it says what level of time you have. I'm only "mildy addicted"

Gotta get higher on the leaderboads tbh

"Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket"

I remember they had those in the past too.   I got  "You can turn the underwear to the other side or something like that.

ForumLogo.png.ac343551e0fb00037a0d30e18f73a1e8.png

FC Drava Ptuj - Slovenia
Season 2 - 2025/26

History

Spoiler

League

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-10-31160747.png.3851f6674a0f3a72701d7370006d8807.png

Welcome welcome! Second season is finished, top half this time. Really consistent season, no negative streaks at all. Home record top 4 of the league, away record bottom 4, I think that summarizes it pretty well. In terms of promotion and relegation the "new" teams left the league after 1 year. After 2 seasons nearly every team in the league got taken over by some business men but as it seems none of them are now saudi rich or anywhere near it. We maanged to get a third sponsorship deal covering up for the affiliate team costs. But we still losing money, not much but in 4th season I guess we go into the reds. Back to the football, the first 3 players from our U19 debuted...

Screenshot2023-10-31160832.png.28f20155f94abf218d17d909c19283f5.png

... with Sinisa and Marko already 2 of them going straight into the season's best eleven. Dino was our man upfront, the man can score like a norwegian ballon d'or runner up. The midfield feeds him with juicy passes. 

Screenshot2023-10-31160938.png.fe61f14225851e94f3aab494e1e637d4.png

Nothing special at the award ceremony, but the first regen got a trophy. Our center back Marko is a passing machine (with some errors).

Screenshot2023-10-31161108.png.349b222737aed8885c0a7dacac5b4df8.png

That a croatian is the best player in a slovenian team, shows the current state of football here quite well.

Stadium

Spoiler

image.png.098448e71aa148627ea02676f66549c1.png

2 new high passion fans bought a season ticket this time. We're making progress...

Screenshot2023-10-31162030.thumb.png.06c637ea8cb096f95d8416fef1c62ea4.png

...more people come and watch our games. Because of Beltinci we dropped to 5th place, next season they are gone and we reach for Tabor's numbers. (hopefully)

Screenshot2023-10-31162054.thumb.png.19ac5460f4e5640fd81824dd279d1698.png

El Clasico once again was a crowd puller with two losses for us. But since we have like 19 fans noone really cares about the result.

Intake

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-10-31132230.png.6ca48094f2005c2ba1ae2204e8a5cd66.png

Decent intake again, unfortunately this time they are all turning 17 in May 2027 - after the season.

Screenshot2023-10-31131810.thumb.png.5d5be231f11a8af30094035d5c709b55.png

Kristian is the fancy striker don't know what he's capable of with that 17 Flair, probably turning up at Tour de France with all the bicycle kicks.

Screenshot2023-10-31131823.thumb.png.3abb5225d8856037a4dab2be9cd1d898.png

Darko gets the crowd going with his crosses, but gets blown away by the wind.

Screenshot2023-10-31131845.thumb.png.f6c21fe0f21d74885ce90eec7faf1185.png

Friday joined on a Wednesday and is our first foreign youth player. Drava Ptuj has a nigerian affiliate and that now bear fruit. He is also the wind that blows Darko away looking at his players traits.

Summary

image.thumb.png.269e5d04a9bee53a6849cbd1f63034f9.png

Thanks for reading!

What do you guys usually do in terms of friendlies? Do you play bigger sides to try and earn a little extra cash? Or go against tiny clubs to build up morale?

1 hour ago, Braumiller said:

Due to a dearth of central defenders (and senior players complaining about that lack of depth) I threw a youth in at DC for the season and he mainly swam (and didn't sink! lol). 

I had the same thing happen in my save. Ended up making a promise to 'develop youth players at centre-back'. Luckily it has not backfired. At least for now.

IjC2VLY.jpg

Austria Salzburg, Season 1, 2024/2025

Austria_Salzburg_Logo_svg.png.402fc9eabf2bddf5d5a3681b5f2ff75e.png

Season Recap :
20231024121929_1.thumb.jpg.0605306d8105cae13a2c88b59be1d97d.jpgWe finish our first season in 9th, 6 points ahead of the 10th-ranked team. We were seen as favorites for relegation so this is quite positive. 

Finances

Révélation

20231024122001_1.thumb.jpg.0b47b2b75cf45087899da2be64352d77.jpg
Nothing really noteworthy here, the interesting bit will be to compare season after season. 

Squad :

Révélation

20231024122014_1.thumb.jpg.1503a4f2ad329829d83f958455f94d30.jpg

20231024121859_1.thumb.jpg.6ea30ffa28c3e31d9768123541b1fe88.jpg

Our tactic(s) all have the same base, a 4-4-2 "Wing Play". I am only adjusting if I want to play my wingers as midfielders or in a more advanced position. On the left wing, Fötschl is equally adept in both positions, whereas Fonjga is more comfortable further back, in a ML position. On the right, Sorda likes to play as an AMR with an Inside Forward position, his back-up Schwaighofer can play both AMR & MR but as a winger. Fötschl & Sorda are my 2 best wingers so I ended up tweaking my formation and making it somewhat assymetric. Wiedl is more comfortable defending only but Sandmayr can play as a WB so they complement that formation well. 

If we look at my squad stats, we can clearly see that I have zero depth for my central defenders. I was lucky they never got injured, I tried my best to give some playing time to Idrissa Bah against lower-ranked teams because he is already my third best option. I still do not have any real left full-back, Wiedl plays there and Bah covers the odd game where Wiedl is hurt or suspended. 
In the midfield, Volkert is our star player but he wants out :( so Todorovic will probably become my Ball Winning Midfielder for lack of good options. Wings are pretty well covered as stated above, and some of my wingers can play striker if needed, but there is a clear gap between the Dorfmayr - Zottl pair and the rest. 

Admin & Facilities

Révélation

20231024095719_1.jpg.cf4e04cefa21b50dddef3fb7e3dc0129.jpg20231024095911_1.jpg.ad5285d8da989ff8c629c784e2700004.jpg20231024104559_1.jpg.d96c709224090937fcdd833a74606f9f.jpg20231024104607_1.jpg.b1ef17fa8c9c54c776e0bd7e37236591.jpg

Around the end of February, our President was looking to sell the club. My hopes of getting a sugar daddy were quickly killed by reading the following sentence : "There are no plans to provide the club with any investment at this stage.":rolleyes:

Nevertheless, at the end of the season our training facilities had lost a step, and to my surprise the board agreed to some work.

20231024122504_1.jpg.ad8c88db6f2e27e5de116479d3ea4853.jpg

Youth Intake

This is the part where everyone goes crazy. And for the first intake as a manager, I was in for quite a surprise... As a reminder, this was our intake preview : 20231024075245_1.jpg.a2746f156da06978aed52b9646d4c610.jpg

I was super excited to get a Central Defender to bridge the gap between our two starters & the rest of the team and...
20231024104112_1.jpg.14f108fa2d9db9bdb01b98fc920c31bb.jpg
WHERE IS MY CENTRAL DEFENDER ENES:mad::seagull: ? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HIM ???

Like I have seen for others on the topic, the intake distribution and grading does not seem to work, but I have taken a screenshot of all elite & top talents (my apologies, I took the screenshots before tagging the players).

Dominik Abesser : We do not play in a formation that needs a Defensive Midfielder at the moment, but I have already begun to train him as a Central Midfielder with a Ball Winning Midfielder role. He and Todorovic are clearly our future duo in midfield. Resolute personality and 16 in Determination are the icing on the cake.

Révélation

20231024104134_1.thumb.jpg.140001b0481af9bc6ec35f2e27eb3287.jpg

Maximilian Bandlow : Only 15 but already super fast. If he can add 3 or 4 points in his technical abilities I can foresee him running up and down the right line. Good determination grade !

Révélation

20231024104140_1.thumb.jpg.46cda5c4939f0db282071ca9d0849230.jpg

Fatih Gül : I was initially hoping to get some depth in defense behind our 2 starters, but I think instead I got depth behind my two strikers. Gül seems to be the most "first-team ready" of our intake and I believe he will be fighting for a starter spot in no time.  

Révélation

20231024104147_1.thumb.jpg.b16486f3757774c17cd0bcb64c3bd382.jpg

Justin Amborn : Another promising striker. Seems further from the first team than Gül but could be a good option if he progresses well. Might train him to play Inside Forward on the right wing. 

Révélation

20231024104226_1.thumb.jpg.24b782bd8107a67efeffb9bf448920ed.jpg

Kristijan Varga : A promising goalie a year seems to be the norm. He has better mental traits than Tsvetan Dimitrov, our 2024 GK trainee who has barely progressed in a year. Maybe Varga will soon be our GK3.

Révélation

20231024104235_1.thumb.jpg.e4a352d4915aa441407656ed410ad272.jpg

Nils Fellner Left wing is clearly one of our strong point in the first team and I do not believe Nils will be able to crack it, but I will pay attention to his progression and may call him up if I have several injuries. 

Révélation

20231024104243_1.thumb.jpg.a664599f8f1c12b6e813af6ae210f875.jpg

Petko Kaishev : I took a screenshot because he was the only one who could "maybe" be our vaunted Central Defender. I doubt he will ever see first-team minutes.

Révélation

20231024104315_1.thumb.jpg.72e01a1871260ae4dd6b572f34194d99.jpg

Game in a nutshell :Saison1.thumb.jpg.570c9db8f38483248a7db8fee88d3c50.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ikthop said:

What do you guys usually do in terms of friendlies? Do you play bigger sides to try and earn a little extra cash? Or go against tiny clubs to build up morale?

I always go for morale unless the club is so broke its to the point where you can't re-up contracts because the board won't approve any salary. Usually provides you with an early boost to the season performance until reality sets in...

Dulwich Hamlet - Season 1 Review

5N439mV.jpgubpuzBa.jpg

bct0buC.jpg

Not too much to say other than I was super glad we had Danny Mills this season and have managed to extend his contract for another year! The whole season was carried by us putting the ball on his head as often as possible during each 90 minutes, he managed to stay injury-free and we performed really well because of it. I think that if we had a bit more squad depth to cover serious injuries elsewhere we may have made the playoffs but I'm also fine with spending another year building with the new youth that came through.

Tis4Qpo.jpg

The intake looked decent but I was pretty disappointed in the lack of DMs and STs predicted to come through as we only have 1 decent DM currently and no real backup for Danny Mills up top. The intake was pretty much as previewed but there are a couple of attackers who may be able to fill in up top if need be. 

376KML9.jpgoqexTMc.jpg

9 elite talents was a pleasant surprise and although none of them are going to be setting the world on fire anytime soon, there are at least 3 who will go straight into the first team and a bunch more who will be filling in on a regular basis. (Players are nicknamed after my stream viewers!)

TOP 3 TALENTS

FW4PPiN.jpg

Simon is an exciting prospect able to play as WB on either side. With a professional personality I'd expect him to progress nicely given the amount of minutes he's likely to play. Technique isn't great and he's a tad short but he performed well enough in the last few games of the season.

OJCf10f.jpg

Jasondubu is a pacey Inside Forward who will get a lot of matches for us next year. From what I've seen of him he likes to dribble and is capable of moments of magic but his lack of determination may hamper his development. I'd still expect him to do well for us at this level over the next year or two.

OwGyjOb.jpg

Jubee is a really solid option for us in defence or even in the midfield and they're an aerial threat up top via set pieces. They will probably start around half the games next season as with the low natural fitness of 3 they got extremely tired after each game they played and couldn't be risked for the following fixture.

zJ7yrCj.jpg

There's the proof of no transfers!!

Time for me to crack on with season 2! 

8 hours ago, Ikthop said:

I had the same thing happen in my save. Ended up making a promise to 'develop youth players at centre-back'. Luckily it has not backfired. At least for now.

IjC2VLY.jpg

I tend to favour smaller teams at first, sprinkle in a few for money but always end on smaller teams to keep morale high for the season start.

Having just returned to this save I'm not sure what I do in this circumstance.  Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

All my players are on Amateur contracts, barring a couple of younglings.

image.thumb.png.0c4354ab3880ecbf62cbb3e1b2f3c23f.png

Daniel Pinto, amongst others, is in the middle of negotiating a (semi) pro contract.

Current Contract
image.png.299e65c4c5358d22233e68680ee35bae.png

Negotiated contract
image.png.2efeb62f4243f358fd422a9069f5a9f5.png

So, as per the parameters of the save, do I:

1 - have to withdraw from these contract negotiations, or
2 - can I let them play out and just accept the outcome (signs or rejects) with no further intervention

I'm making the assumption that in no way can I change the current contract offer or re-negotiate it should he reject.

Thanks.

For a youth only challenge this is an ideal addition in the league, bonusmoney for selecting enough domestic players! This is now for the second Bundesliga in Austria, i am curious if it is also in the first Bundesliga...

ScreenHunter3763.png.24354474c156805a6da3d4da76c94f12.png

Are there other leagues wich have these kind of bonussytems?

Edited by Perre8

42 minutes ago, andydick said:

So, as per the parameters of the save, do I:

1 - have to withdraw from these contract negotiations, or
2 - can I let them play out and just accept the outcome (signs or rejects) with no further intervention

I'm making the assumption that in no way can I change the current contract offer or re-negotiate it should he reject.

Thanks.

Sorry if I've missed something but I'm a little confused about what the situation is? Was he a player already at the club? If he was, you can renew his contract as you wish and keep him.

16 minutes ago, MaxeyN17 said:

Sorry if I've missed something but I'm a little confused about what the situation is? Was he a player already at the club? If he was, you can renew his contract as you wish and keep him.

Ahh ok, thanks - I was interpreting "You're allowed to keep any player that starts under contract, you can extend their contracts as often as you like" as only applying to players who have fixed contracts with end dates.  I didn't think it applied to Amateur contracts.

That is good news though and thanks for clarifying.