The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

3 hours ago, Virtual Male said:

image.jpeg.a62b532235d5851737fa6af5932c0982.jpeg

Season 5 2028/29

image.png.fc634bfa16370f82e114d6b1c5fea868.png

Manager Profile - Competitions - Finances - Facilities

Competitions

• Vanarama National League (Past Positions) - A rough season, we never found any consistency and the defence and keeper let us down a lot throughout the season. Spent the majority of the season hovering 5/6 points above the relegation zone but a tough run in at the end of the season left me thinking we were going down. Luckily the teams under us were just awful and we avoided the drop by 1 point.
  • The Emirates FA Cup - Made it into the FA Cup proper again but no heroics this year with a 1t round exit.
  • The Isuzu FA Trophy - My first trophy!!! (winning the play-offs doesn't count right?).  Quite a fortunate run to be honest, the first team we faced that had anything about them was South Shields in the Semi-Final, a late winner saw us get the better of Julio Arca's team and would see us come up against Bath in the final, who had just lost the play-off Finals. The game ended up being rather dull, an early red for Bath saw them sit back and defend pretty much nullifying our attack with the only goal of the game  coming from a direct free kick and handing Merthyr Town their first silverware of my reign... Hopefully plenty more to come. 

Squad - The lack of quality at the back really let us down again this year, especially our keeper who conceded 12 more than the xG showed and we had a league low of 5 clean sheets in the season. I'll have to try to figure that out over the summer.

• Zack Maher - My spotlight player should probably be Ryan Astley since he won both the league Top Scorer and Player of the Season but I can't talk about him every season so I'm spreading the love. Zack Maher is one of the legacy players that's still getting a good amount of game time and he came up big this season with 11 goals and 9 assists in the league from DM, since he's only 26 too he should have plenty of time left in him which is good given the youth players don't really develop much with part-time training.

Youth Intake (Preview) - 5 A's in the preview left me rushing to March when I'd get the intake and it defiantly didn't disappoint. 11 5* players with one that'll walk straight into the first team and hopefully solve some of our defensive issues. 

• Sam Jones (2029YP1) - Just turned 16 and already they best keeper at the club. He'll be rotating with Cogman next season just to avoid over playing him at such a young age because I've got it in my head that's in some way damaging to youth development but I'd happily be corrected by one of you guys who knows more.

Transfers & Finances - One out this season, no-one important though. The finances aren't looking good with nearly a £500k loss over the season, I'm not sure there's much I can really do about that though so We'll just have to try to ride it out I suppose. 

Other - A couple of upgrades this year, the board decided to up the Youth Category of the club so were category 4 now, the yearly cost will be about £300k though and I'm not sure we can afford it really. I got my National A Licence too but I think that'll be it for a while now given the financial state of the club.  

Bingo Card - 9/100, when I started filling this in I was a little disappointed that the win the vanarama south box would be forever red but given how we played this season we might well end up back down there soon :lol:

Congratulations on winning the FA Trophy.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ReinMeer Aomori FC

Youth Intake

A very poor intake which is to be expected given the youth recruitment and junior coaching is at very low levels. No elite or top talents. The pick of the bunch is probably attacking midfielder Tsuneyasu Matsuzaki while striker Musashi Nishioka might not be totally hopeless. Still all the players from this bunch will only play as a last resort

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

7 hours ago, Virtual Male said:

He'll be rotating with Cogman next season just to avoid over playing him at such a young age because I've got it in my head that's in some way damaging to youth development but I'd happily be corrected by one of you guys who knows more.

I have had great success with playing my young talents at a young age. My theory is that when the training quality is so poor in the lower leagues it is better for their development to get game time. I see the best development from the players I use a lot. But this could of course be biased as I may tend to use my biggest talents most.

But be aware, I have no great insight and it is only based on my own experiences.

1 hour ago, fries said:

I have had great success with playing my young talents at a young age. My theory is that when the training quality is so poor in the lower leagues it is better for their development to get game time. I see the best development from the players I use a lot. But this could of course be biased as I may tend to use my biggest talents most.

But be aware, I have no great insight and it is only based on my own experiences.

my exp In Japan is same. my facilities are meh, so players i'm using in games do develop better....but indeed I also use whose with highest potential and or personality.

generally under teh age of 18  youth teams should be better to develop, but I do not really see it that much in my game so far. compared to fm23

vor 13 Stunden schrieb fries:

Original Dulwich Hamlet emblem created in 1893, and reintroduced in 2018 to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the club

Vanarama National League

2026/27 (season 3)

Season Summary

Before the season I was close to giving up. My morale was gone. The board had decided to build a new stadium which put the club into financial problems. We had to revert to a semi-pro status and we have no new upgrades in sight.

But then the season started! In the youth intake of 2026, we got three exciting attacking talents. Therefore, I left behind the defensive 5-4-1 formation and employed a very offensive 4-4-2/4-2-4. The new tactic worked wonders. We started to score a lot of goals immediately. However, we also conceded a lot of goals.

But in the end, massively 132 league goals were enough to secure a playoff spot.

image.thumb.png.555e8b2744c065578c54aa26678c9b50.png

In the play-off semi-final, we were up against Rochdale. We scored an early goal and tried, maybe for the first time in the season, to defend the lead. It was successful and we were off to Wembley.

image.png.313e6b4f20a1b5a1b8446b3a7c1ddaa4.png

The play-off final was against Swindon. We scored an early goal again. And then another. But Swindon made a great comeback and it was 3-3 with just a few minutes back. However, just before injury time, we managed to score after a corner. AND WE WON PROMOTION TO LEAGUE 2!!!

It was a typical game for this season. Lots of goals in both ends.

image.png.c5b591ce11dc7eb552946edcf5285c39.png

The most important players must be the striker duo, Frederick and Asante, with 39 and 37 goals respectively. Another very important player was Morris, who produced 27 assists and 13 goals. The young trio had a great season after they came through the intake just last season. The last guy of the front four is Baxter with 15 assists and 9 goals.

Binnom-Williams was again important with 17 assists from the left full-back position.

image.png.9afd34d6928a1cfec0ed3ff2cd996f3d.png
image.png.6accc9a311a47823855ebaa306563492.png

I will provide a screenshot of my 4 best players, Asante, Eze, Frederick, and Morris.image.thumb.png.c21c05290bcc46aa48c92f4d746189ee.png
image.thumb.png.68debe6441f829d99ba6e35cfd21bab6.png
image.thumb.png.a6f76b06e444d39e0a83e7c65ffaa247.png
image.thumb.png.c01c3feb839f7654f5c82ae69a2d39d7.png

The youth intake preview looked good with 5 stars but only a single A.
image.png.8a3401a93662448ed81e4a484eb97f05.png

The intake was great with Karakas and Vidovsek, who can provide some attacking depth to my team, which I currently lack. They look decent with ok personalities.

Unfortunately, the third most exciting-looking player, Zakaria, has a bad personality. And Nembhard lacks any kind of physical talent.

image.png.6494e453010613fab6364e8fb1303e07.png

My former best player Wightwick left on a free transfer to Italy before the season. Otherwise, no transfers of significance.
image.thumb.png.eb80c0f54c45f85e2ca579da414c0489.png

Finances and Upgrades
Because of the financial trouble we did not get any upgrades this season.

However, I managed to get assigned to one new trainer course, and I am currently studying for the continental B license.

I hope the League 2 status and the new stadium, which should be ready for the new season, will help clear out the financial problems. Or that the board will just pay like they already did a few times in the season when the balance got too low.

The gate receipts from the play-off final on Wembley actually helped a lot with £300,000 and cleared most of the negative balance!

Strangely, my junior coaching is exceptional compared to excellent last season. But maybe it just takes time for an upgrade to have an effect?

image.thumb.png.f818c8b4fa0c059962c25688d03c6511.png

Next season
Next season, I hope to be free of relegation. Hopefully, I can keep my best players and develop the team.

Great man you did it!!!! Congratulation for the comeback into professional football!! The young lads look fantastic, I never had players like them, they are truly special. 

Please talk about how you go financial in League Two. I am losing 150k per month and all saving are nearly gone (300k left in January), despite good cup runs ...

Maybe I shouldn't had accepted the U21 League invitation because my biggest expenses are "youth set up".

@DazRTaylor which league, still VN?

Edited by HanziZoloman

DQoOjLA.png

Vendée Les Herbiers Championnat National-2024 2025

les Herbiers exeeded expectiona this season and were one of the feel good stories as  we impressed week after week . It was a season of unlikely yet jubilant success for us we found form due middle of the year and never looked back. 

Leauge table - we mad an impact ok we did not win this,

Past Positions- but as you can see we should of only to nancey win on the last day we could of won but pleased we managed to get an automatic promotion spot.

Cup DE FranceEntente Feignies Aulnoye Football Club  beat us 4-1. 

squad-we have a small team here but players did well. 

under 18-youth candedates signed are theses players who only stood out, 

transfer hisrory- Sacha Semaoun  was the only  one player who let on a free transfer, 

finance summary-curentley spending 14,055pw and commited spending is 14,055pw with clun overall balance of 218.360

KEY PLAYER Profiles:

Maxime Carneiro- right winger had play in most of the games and was quality.

Michaël Nilor-was the top scorer this season. 

Valentin Rémy- was the highest rated player who coverd the distance over 90mins,

David Djigla-Had the highest average rating per game.

Youth PLAYERS:

Adrien Boulet- looks like an avrege player but will see how he gets on 

Paulo Vasconcelos-a player who i have high hopes for,  these were the only ones who stood out really,

Carrer Overview:

Season         Leauge                            Position       Achievements
2024-2025      Championnat National              2                Promotion

NeXt season:

to hopefully avoid relegation and try pick few wins up here and there. 

ReinMeer Aomori FC

END OF SEASON REVIEW - SEASON 1 - 2024

I was not very confident going into the season but a strong start, stronger middle and end meant we rose to 1st place by half way during the season and did not fall from there. It was a season of high scoring games but we kept winning these games, quite few by scores of 5-4 and 5-3. Part of the reason for this is my positive 4-4-2 diamond tactics and part because our attacking players are simply better than our defenders. Six players scored 10 or more goals.

Star Player

I had many players who did brilliantly during the season but start player was advanced forward Hibiki Wada

Transfers

There was one transfer in which was organised before I got there and I could not cancel. I put him in the reserves and he played no games for me.

My Profile

I was able to start on a coaching course towards the end of the season

Hi everyone, long time lurker here over the past two years admiring youth challenges... Looking to give it a go this time round! Any disadvantages to starting the save on the early access? I'm guessing it would be about potential bugs in the game but relatively safe otherwise? 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb unfocused_alex:

Hi everyone, long time lurker here over the past two years admiring youth challenges... Looking to give it a go this time round! Any disadvantages to starting the save on the early access? I'm guessing it would be about potential bugs in the game but relatively safe otherwise? 

works fine here

13 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

Youth Intake:

YouthIntakeResults.thumb.png.80eeb4752cbb1142b5975f4344a4245d.png

Sadly the best player can't be used cause we don't play with Wingbacks, so overall not great class because we can't use by far the best player. We'll see if I can still get SOMETHING out of it.

Always happy to see another Caribbean adventure! I know its early in your save, but from my experience in the Caribbean you find a way to work every high potential player later in the save as you don't get nearly enough of them. Considering you use both FB-R & AM-R, he should be able to be useful for you as a wide cover for both position after retraining.

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Always happy to see another Caribbean adventure! I know its early in your save, but from my experience in the Caribbean you find a way to work every high potential player later in the save as you don't get nearly enough of them. Considering you use both FB-R & AM-R, he should be able to be useful for you as a wide cover for both position after retraining.

I'm training him at centerback because he has some skill there, although we'll see if it works out.

Bradford (Park Avenue) - Update 1

image.png.a85f3cf829f91ec0e6a9dfb0414180fd.png
We're on our way! 

image.thumb.png.64a761837982e639afc07131709cdc1c.png

image.thumb.png.6bc6eed9255bed7e24a1de71092c7169.png

Time to sort out some kits and badges before getting fully stuck in to sorting the staff out... 

Fun fact about Bradford (PA) - they used to be called just Bradford before Bradford City overtook them as the main club in the city, hence why they had to take on the "PA" section of their name after their old ground Park Avenue. So extra challenge to return them to their rightful place as biggest club in the city.

Let's get stuck in then!

Edited by unfocused_alex
Adding badge

On 29/10/2023 at 20:43, Ralph96 said:

How long did it take for you to get them available, seems like been simming all day but couldn´t

A few hours, seems that I was pretty lucky I guess...

11 minutes ago, Basschaapje.2 said:

This is likely gonna be my last game...

I'm facing last in the league and did a team talk. Told the lads to do their best to try and stay up. 14 out of 16 were furious???

image.png.d584c04d215685a88c5eb468a9fb1e54.png

Watch me get beating and straight into the last place where I have not been all season :(.

Hate this ****ing game sometimes. U can just smell it. 

image.png.6df51fd2e57dc2b2003d829fcda78a6f.png

15 minutes ago, Basschaapje.2 said:

Hate this ****ing game sometimes. U can just smell it. 

image.png.6df51fd2e57dc2b2003d829fcda78a6f.png

We were expected to finish deadlast but with a flying start my hopes where sky-high. All came crashing down in the end though. image.png.261919e56ebe80dbc4b3b073ff77c92d.png

Now will need to cool off and see where the next save takes me. Hope they fix holland.

Anyone suggest a reason why Olivares YP25-A wouldn't get any impact from the group for mentoring?

S2_Mentoring.thumb.png.36efdc257e67308f1d7102ce64eb9d6c.png

Is this a bug, new feature or something that has been around for a while that I just never noticed?

I tried adding Olivares to a group of only secondary social group and he still had zero influence on the group or effect from the group

PqZZ5Gtkq3uk8g43A59yLMoi5K451c9T99V3uRrEBuxhNfS0eDku_LvQgZdRJX7ege-oWzWEwDA1u3Jt3rMTwLi6uwSgCVARpLtVOLiVOQJDRCAplv3L96juPhu3U-LRYz2_mgLic6sXUfjFa9Bbdro

Jimmy Coyle Belfast Celtic FM23 Youth Only Challenge

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WzdxnIKCEr6Nx6ODf1ax9jj7RUukOsJ5sDP503mpuKY/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys not sure if making a google doc was allowed or not but I had 3 seasons to write up. I wanted to get things moving and introduce you all to my save game.

Not the best writer in the world but I hope some of you enjoy looking at it!

I just won a treble in the 3rd season - although im now preparing for a world of hurt in season 4.

If I need to provide any more screenshots or if people want me to change anything on it please let me know as I have never done one of these before.

-Jimmy

vor 13 Stunden schrieb WhiteCat33:

Young Talent:

The big development in the team is we have fully transitioned to "The Next Generation" with at least 6 starters who are 18/19 and 2 rotation players of the same age. This includes all 3 Starting CDs moving the older players to the bench; 3/5 CMs with only the BWM not having a young talent & 2/3 Strikers. The older starters are 24-26, so have plenty of runway left in their careers.

The positions where we are light on young high potential players is at Wingback. We have one WB-L who is 18 and defensively good, but lacking going forward. For WB-R we have the reverse problem with multiple AM-Rs who have been retrained there, but none are good enough defensively to be trusted. 

Congrats to your achievements and of course the work you put into that save. 

One question: How do you calculate CA of your players?

Thanks

So the team I have chosen have zero goalkeepers on the books. What's the ruling with grey players, can we offer them contracts or is it a case of just having to make do?

Edit: Ignore me, I've seen it in the OP now.

Edited by MaxeyN17

Halfway through the second season and then this pops up. I cant load any backups too. 

image.png.edc39add0c2b98fec780412f637299c3.png

I was in contact to the support and this is a known issue that comes up if you add or remove leagues.

Spoiler

Unfortunately at the moment we will be unable to offer you any solution but this is a known issue to us and we are currently working on a fix for that issue. What we know is that exactly adding any nations/leagues or removing any leagues causes the "The save game could not be loaded" issue to appear. 

For now we can only suggest to start a new save, but don't add view-only nations/leagues OR remove any league.

If there's anything else you want to point out or have any feedback, let us know.

So do not add view-only nations/leagues OR remove any league.

Sadly the last playable save file is from the end of the last season.. I had some crazy games that I cant recover, so I am currently lacking motivation to continue the save and do that all again. I will probably continue as soon as the full game released. :/

1 minute ago, MaxeyN17 said:

So the team I have chosen have zero goalkeepers on the books. What's the ruling with grey players, can we offer them contracts or is it a case of just having to make do?

I had the same problem (as I also play with Lidingö :D). You cannot offer a contract to a grey player. So you will have to play with a grey player on goal, until you'll get a GK with your next youth intake.

16 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

image.png.e789b5bc1da5d0133de0b91a5f60d373.png

FM23 Barbados YAC: Road View FC

2044 Season 22 – BFA Digicel Premier League

Youth Academy Challenge FM23 Thread:

Youth Academy Challenge FM24 Thread:

Reveal hidden contents

League Performance: CHAMPION

image.png.321972b4c2a86ec1db6e1c46b8096b2f.png

Cup Performance: CHAMPION

image.png.15e9337655239a0be097c92541c7f482.png

North American Champions League:

We dominated our group with the win against Humble Lion as especially important as the lone Jamaican team in the group. 

image.png.fe959a420fd6233de876d0d177ca432a.png

In the playoffs we got Arnett Gardens, who aren't usually dominant in Jamaica but had a great 2043 winning the Caribbean Cup & runners up in Jamaica, so were very difficult opposition. The 1-1 draw in Jamaica is about all I could hope for, but then we turned up on home soil to get a deserved 2nd leg victory to advance to the 2nd Round of the NACL!

image.png.4e2fe4469673d0b4d60ff8865d9173b1.png

Again we get a difficult draw. I don't expect much here, but who knows!

image.png.06209350409e28bd968d46b3198198b4.png

Squad:

Overview:

Hide contents

image.png.aa1d3435e38c14b001c6ebef011f6e9c.png

Young Talent:

The big development in the team is we have fully transitioned to "The Next Generation" with at least 6 starters who are 18/19 and 2 rotation players of the same age. This includes all 3 Starting CDs moving the older players to the bench; 3/5 CMs with only the BWM not having a young talent & 2/3 Strikers. The older starters are 24-26, so have plenty of runway left in their careers.

The positions where we are light on young high potential players is at Wingback. We have one WB-L who is 18 and defensively good, but lacking going forward. For WB-R we have the reverse problem with multiple AM-Rs who have been retrained there, but none are good enough defensively to be trusted. 

Standard Lineup:

Hide contents

image.png.6208d58b26660e87574a93d7a9cf862e.png

Player Profiles:

Defenders: Overall shorter than I prefer with a Back-3 setup, but having 2 who can become BPDs is useful for our central possession play.

Hide contents

image.png.743989c0c977e954fd43ff69e7666425.png

image.png.7935aa21eb5b761e5ffdebf7b8aabbf0.png

image.png.13873fba58bdbbbad469dc76b5a0d9dd.png

Midfielders: Here we have 2 BBM and an AP, which fit 2 of our 3 spots in the central midfield. I like playing a CML-D to keep space open for Carrillo to drop-deep for give/go's and such as well as provide a ball winner in the midfield. Sadly none of these 3 can play that role. If I generate a big-man CD in the next couple of years this 3rd slot will be filled by moving one of the BPDs up into midfield.

Hide contents

image.png.9f33315246cf2cdb79cf7ad3a65c1df2.png

image.png.ebf8f115b6beff166197298beb69fafb.png

image.png.419120895dd82293da08ecededa6ea3a.png

Strikers: Here we have 1 fast and 1 more skilled striker. Both started as Fickle and while one has improved to "Fairly Ambitious" the other didn't keep his ambition and is just "Fairly Determined". 

Hide contents

image.png.78871a9521e8bed5f9def25772297ba0.png

image.png.fbeb2ed978f795078fd40745410d595e.png

Transfers:

Hide contents

image.png.12d252266e66374139e0287ea05220e0.png

Best XI:

FM Screenshots:

Hide contents

image.png.aaf995e0173ff30cd6ff8970b270ccde.png

Excel Tables:

Hide contents

image.png.2226771254e80398707807ff6ef96342.png

image.png.0e2d001a1d5c45de2da3ba1065ae6a09.png

Club Legends:

Carrillo has officially become a Club Legend at the age of 25!

image.png.c3099ef4e5c4134339380fdcde8938b7.png

Hide contents

Carrillo heard me complaining that he wasn’t scoring enough goals to make the 1000 club by retirement. He scored just in the league this year as many goals as he scored all last season for the Club. This is in a 22 Game season:

image.png.63bcab4ca560af9e5234d13b3a14a148.png

image.png.08e86ffa9110b72bc040fa81a86177b5.png

Here is his Cup Performance: This is normal, and interestingly our old Poacher who I sold to BDFSP (to help them get better & free up minutes for my group of young strikers) did really well until he got a hip injury to miss out on the end of the season. Notice above it was his old season record that Carrillo broke.

image.png.40d9252034cdc0d3c4d1ae7102a7488e.png

Carrillo is going to become not just a Road View legend but a Barbados Legend. In the Nations league, Barbados played 6 games and scored 14 goals total. He scored 12 of the 14, absolutely insane numbers. [This is from before the WCQ campaign, so he's even more amazing at 27 goals in 25 games].

image.png.71d663beaadfe3291a90c8270f0a7a45.png

image.png.87e96ccabc781e7caab4b826e60daaf0.png

Head Coach:

Still here, still a Legend

Club Improvements:

We are getting more money from Sponsorships & Cup Winnings. Thankfully, the new board has ambitions and has continued to agree to invest it into whatever I ask for! Last year we did the Big Youth Facility Upgrade. This year the board agreed to do our first Stadium Expansion as we are over 90% Avg Attendance as well as a Training Facility Upgrade. Our Youth Facilities will still be 1 notch higher when this is finished.

image.png.0498cdb95e5fc3d9bb49fc739c425da4.png

image.png.f6f6b3f75005876a51dee059c89dfadd.png

Some Season Review Screenshots:

Hide contents

image.png.67296769870e1e5b8e48e958df01aeb7.png

image.png.df5e20fc9c5259b3ea6f5c45aba35c26.png

image.png.a6e1153a695e7ad61de681c22013aebc.png

Youth Academy:

HOYD:

Same

Youth Intake Preview:

image.png.5eaa62b8b4cad4652975b13f70ebe158.png

Youth Intake: : Best part about this intake is the large number of Fairly Professional players

image.png.a7db0a19cdc072a55ead698d11277df2.png

image.png.1ebf2b71c6f467ec1036cd3ca04f7287.png

Top 3 Players:

Best 3 CA Players are all pretty bad.

Hide contents

image.png.51029622a4d187807516709a6d2f2fcd.png

image.png.c162a872ee6531bdb18ad6c12de92551.png

image.png.f64b54bde9e78c4597662ba0b8f6c003.png

Best looking to me is another Poacher, who is Fairly Professional. Won’t challenge Carrillo, but will develop in our youth side and probably make another Barbados team happy. 

image.png.fb79b260538791d0e43bab607cb3ae3f.png

Excel Tables:

image.png.ade180227cd4ffbff9b9b5ce76e38823.png image.png.eb822140417d6ac6d581c86295a9150d.png

image.png.61f7a3aff6834322aa6e8f0aaff38435.png

Barbados National Team:

Barbados advance to the World Cup Qualifying Group Stage!!! I attended the game and was rewarded with a bonkers 2nd half of ET Hat trick by Carrillo with all 3 assists COMING FROM MY GOALKEEPER! He really should have won the game for Barbados in regular time as the VAR offsides was by the narrowest of margins. 

Hide contents

In extra time a defensive error let their skilled CAM dribble the team and slot a ball far corner, and it was looking dire for Barbados going into the ET halftime. The manager switched up the tactics for 2nd ET going for a true route-one English longball. Luckily, Carrillo is the perfect type of big strong and reasonably agile Pressing Forward to excel in that role. Dude cemented his legendary status getting 3 solo goals in 5 minutes from long GK kicks over the top. Guatemala are ~80th ranked in the world while we are 140 so this is a huge upset getting Barbados into WCQ for the first time ever!

image.png.e65bae15e1228f6088bae03053fdacd4.png

image.png.f0d886be653310c1ed21a7dc9565d3ed.png

World Cup Qualifying Section: 

Drawn with Mexico is a real bummer, but Panama and Haiti are oppositions where I can see Barbados having some success.

image.png.ffca8a3a942994198f2bfc3010be8acd.png

Road View Internationals:

Barbados Main:

image.png.dd989c5175904ab5041015db6e70dc04.png

Barbados Youth:

image.png.6d08a5125e929b4a0d1082b62da71821.png

Italy Callup for my Foreign CD!

image.png.248e411067cacb1ed35000d8174233bd.png

Barbadian’s Around the World:

English Academy Players:

In other news our Poachee is a full-fledged England International! Not a bad defender who funded our going professional.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.63112d226cef4790e393a1c268357777.png

Summary

This save is a blast to play right now. We've all been there when "that striker" appears. Carrillo is that man absolutely destroying teams both for club and country. He put 6 away against Granada in a competitive match, and you saw his ET hat-trick above:

Hide contents

image.png.924539a0ffb270d62c063b9f6fcb9822.png

2044 Season Summary:

image.png.30380e23f5a1e8c5203db473f893044d.png

International Performances:

image.png.46ec65975b773ed876de2d6b855c2f0f.png

We also have a good batch of 18-19 year old players who are now starters and putting in great performances while improving as players. The league is increasing in reputation and slowly generating more prize money. We haven't had the explosin in TV revenue I hoped for (still under 100k a year), but we are still making plenty of money to upgrade facilities and pay players what they want.

I'd say the team has hit the 'final phase' of the save where we are going to begin becoming competitive against the MLS & Liga MX teams. Sure there is a huge gulf still, but players have potential and are young enough to reach it still as we push up facilities. I estimate we have 10 more years of Carrillo to make our mark in the history books.

image.png.ef14e32909699d7284369a61b59336f2.png

image.png

Crazy good stuff. I was wondering how you held on to Carillo, then I saw his WAGE lol. That's the sort of cash you have to lay down to keep him I guess? I'm genuinely shocked an American or Canadian team hasn't nicked him yet. He must be at his potential or nearly there. 

18 minutes ago, V50 said:

Crazy good stuff. I was wondering how you held on to Carillo, then I saw his WAGE lol. That's the sort of cash you have to lay down to keep him I guess? I'm genuinely shocked an American or Canadian team hasn't nicked him yet. He must be at his potential or nearly there. 

Haha yeah his base wage is 25% of our wage bill, but for the absurd number of goals he's scoring as well as captaining the team & mentoring all our strikers its totally worth it. What shocked me was I have never had an issue with him wanting a release-clause as that is what gets you in the Caribbean. 

The MLS trying to poach him as been interesting. He has to have max loyalty because every transfer window at least 3-5 MLS teams put in bids for him but he has no interest in signing for a MLS Team! I find this crazy because he was a pure American Foreign intake player, so you would think would have a preference to return to the USA. In my game universe It also helps that without your NACL mod-file the reputations of the leagues have shifted and this is the current state of North America:

image.png.7e22e95722ca58f1eda668297c6237a4.png

Even though Barbados doesn't have much money in the league (yet), you don't get that big of a negative reputation effect for star players wanting to leave to other North American Leagues. I have both Costa Rica and Honduras loaded in my game and it seems they are out-gaining the MLS in reputation (probably a balance issue?). It has been just MLS & Liga Mx teams trying to buy him off us thus far...

This changed this summer after Carrillo's performance in Club matches as well as the North American World Cup Qualifying he was runner up for NA POY and was the starting striker in the Best XI.

image.png.9dcd97a799448ceeff177ba02a32f90b.png

image.png.ee1ed046707cabbedb6b55719b249c54.png

Now that he's got onto the world stage, we immediately we got interest from European Clubs primarily from 2nd and 3rd level nations. Yes he got upset about it, but it wasn't that hard to manage. Only big downside was his performance dipped for our early season Continental Match, which was frustrating. Bids were half decent though:

Spoiler

image.png.7f654c254b1819e848eba5c7679bd2d0.png

image.png.a22bc67c709ae617a78e2955629ab249.png

image.png.74f913e631ff27a881e8b87b8391be25.png

Then since he was unhappy he was open to MLS moves, but again I easily waited him out. What's more amazing is how much Real Salt Lake were willing to pay us for him. I do remember in my St Vincent save my star CM did get some larger offers to move to the MLS, but I don't think that big.

Spoiler

image.png.e6b2a48ff4537005a4910e6c52410579.png

I still have him for another 3 years on the current contract, but I'll probably be having him sign a new one shortly, so we will see what he asks for next.

I've been meaning to ask you, have you started on the 2024 version of your database? If you are, are you editing NACL/CCC the same way? I ask because that file locks in the league reputations in the Caribbean due to how the continental competition is changed. Because this save I forgot to add it I'm seeing these interesting changes in ranks, though I do miss your CCC tournament - that was fun!

3 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Congrats to your achievements and of course the work you put into that save. 

One question: How do you calculate CA of your players?

Thanks

I use the attached spreadsheet with the view for squad screen I've attached. I export as html and then you can have excel open html files and just add the sheets in every year. This weekend I can put together a clean/blank version if you don't want to wade through 20 years of teams & intakes and the mess of old versions & unfinished secondary projects in this current file.

Sheet works by just editing the yellow cells in the top left of "Summary". You just have to use the same naming convention I did: "YA-YEAR" for Intakes & "Team-YEAR" for the squad for the drop-down lists to work.

image.png.5bc76e62ba536a40a8bb7fd56acf0b12.png

This generates the big table. The hidden Columns M-W have by-position ratings, but that doesn't currently have all the positions added (no WM or CM). I stopped using that really, so haven't updated it

image.png.27b979e9b2b609cfbc4eed1c33a4fe5d.png

Then you'll see all my year summaries show up to the right of the table, which is what I copy and paste to my Save tracking document to build my graphs.

image.png.80b7560a87e87a0e759f774938cab94f.png

With then the Top 10 lists to the right of that and the International players below it. If you want to see where I do the calculations for CA its in "CalcSheet". There is a lot happening there, and I can explain it if you have questions. 

Road-View CA Calculations v4b.xlsx WhiteCatStats - CA Calculator.fmf

Edited by WhiteCat33

That sucks @KingKCrush if I lose progress in a save by more than a month it’s usually curtains for that save.

Appreciate the heads up as I only have England selected right now but if/when I get higher up I usually load in the other big 5 leagues, though I won’t fe there anytime soon and I’m sure they’ll prioritise a fix for this upon full release or shortly after.

44 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

I use the attached spreadsheet with the view for squad screen I've attached. I export as html and then you can have excel open html files and just add the sheets in every year. This weekend I can put together a clean/blank version if you don't want to wade through 20 years of teams & intakes and the mess of old versions & unfinished secondary projects in this current file.

Sheet works by just editing the yellow cells in the top left of "Summary". You just have to use the same naming convention I did: "YA-YEAR" for Intakes & "Team-YEAR" for the squad for the drop-down lists to work.

This generates the big table. The hidden Columns M-W have by-position ratings, but that doesn't currently have all the positions added (no WM or CM). I stopped using that really, so haven't updated it

Then you'll see all my year summaries show up to the right of the table, which is what I copy and paste to my Save tracking document to build my graphs.

With then the Top 10 lists to the right of that and the International players below it. If you want to see where I do the calculations for CA its in "CalcSheet". There is a lot happening there, and I can explain it if you have questions. 

Road-View CA Calculations v4b.xlsx 1.01 MB · 1 download WhiteCatStats - CA Calculator.fmf 15.81 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah you should probably explain the CalcSheet cause that’s the part im the most confused about.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb WhiteCat33:

Road-View CA Calculations v4b.xlsx 1.01 MB · 1 download WhiteCatStats - CA Calculator.fmf 15.81 kB · 0 downloads

So helpful,thx!