The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, V50 said:

I had a Saint Lucian team get a rich backer in my game too (Platinum FC, appropriately. Their backer just withdrew support though, so their team of mostly expensive Jamaicans might be in trouble!). When you loaded your FM23 game did the Caribbean qualification not come over too? Mine did;

image.thumb.png.c851427ca94702dc3f2010ffb9adc680.png

I forgot to activate your "NACL Modfile" when I created the game so in my save there is the vanilla CCC & NACL. Luckily Barbados gets one of the slots in the NACL for whoever wins the domestic cup (hence why I was so mad BDFSP beat us on penalty kicks). I considered restarting with your modified continental file, but I liked how League Reputation was changing in my game and wanted to see how high I could get Barbados even if it meant not having the CCC.

7 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Great 2nd season. Please share how you’re playing, if you don’t mind, I am always interested in the football part. 
funny the winger with TEC 1 I am almost missing the days.

My tactical setup is pretty simple, just a 4-3-3 with standard instructions on offense and a counter press on defense to get advantageous turnovers. If the counter press fails, we run a mid block and an inside trap to again force turnovers in advantageous positions. The player roles are suited to the individuals, but I found having an IF(A) gets involved more than a winger regardless of footedness. I'll have more details on individual players in the end of season update, but Callum Graham 01a and the technically-poor Rayon Messam 01j are both having solid seasons.

tEqmfz.jpg

vor 3 Minuten schrieb The_Gato_In_Goal:

My tactical setup is pretty simple, just a 4-3-3 with standard instructions on offense and a counter press on defense to get advantageous turnovers. If the counter press fails, we run a mid block and an inside trap to again force turnovers in advantageous positions. The player roles are suited to the individuals, but I found having an IF(A) gets involved more than a winger regardless of footedness. I'll have more details on individual players in the end of season update, but Callum Graham 01a and the technically-poor Rayon Messam 01j are both having solid seasons.

tEqmfz.jpg

Thanks man! Great to see some tactical insights. Especially a 433 which is considered „technically more advanced“ 

I am really a newbie to tactical things and it helps so much to see how your ideas went into a sound shape. 

Edited by HanziZoloman

Do you guys know if games in the EAFF E-1 Championship hsould be counted as caps? because my players played for Japan but those games are not counted to the caps. Not sure if that is how it should be or a bug?

I unfortunately forgot to screenshot my end of season stuff, but in an update on the first year of my Belfast Celtic save I went into the last day of the season top of the league, but lost on the last day sinking my promotion hopes. I had more than 1 XG over my opponent and my striker who led the league in goals missed a penalty. I realized that most of the team in inherited has the dreaded "hates big matches." 

Other than that I got a good youth intake, upgrades to youth coaching and recruitment, and the board decided of their own accord to become an affiliate of a team in the premiership, worth 10,000 a year.

image.thumb.png.e1d4cedaec6b0052411bdee40632bba4.png

Well then this complicates things, the season just ended and I lost £6 million for 'Ground Maintenance' about a week after the final game. Anyone know what happens next? I'd imagine a points deduction but not sure how it works in the game... And to top it off the new stadium which should have been ready for the start of the upcoming season has been delayed for 3 months at a minimum.

Edited by Potat

Here we go. I am stoked to be able to manage Macclesfield FC for this challenge.

We have a decent squad although with some ageing players particularly in midfield.

The Manager

The Squad

Facilities

Finances

No initial transfers

The starting youth players look quite good. Especially Dieter Bickerdike. What a name.

spacer.png

Edited by andershs

8 hours ago, Potat said:

image.thumb.png.e1d4cedaec6b0052411bdee40632bba4.png

Well then this complicates things, the season just ended and I lost £6 million for 'Ground Maintenance' about a week after the final game. Anyone know what happens next? I'd imagine a points deduction but not sure how it works in the game... And to top it off the new stadium which should have been ready for the start of the upcoming season has been delayed for 3 months at a minimum.

You are "just" close to administration. I and my club, Dulwich Hamlet, have survived 2 years now after this message. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. Maybe the board will invest some funds into the club or you will see a takeover. Maybe it was just an extraordinary cost and the club will be just fine from now on.

1 hour ago, Perre8 said:

Oooh yes you need it :) a tool that changes your newgens faces to real ones in a few clicks depending on what region they come from

Am I an idiot? The answer is probably yes.

I have downloaded the tool and installed it. I have moved the "filter" and "views" file into the the fm24 folder in documents. I have also downloaded a newgen facepack and moved it to the fm24 folder under documents. I have also reloaded the background in-game, but not working. 

40 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Am I an idiot? The answer is probably yes.

I have downloaded the tool and installed it. I have moved the "filter" and "views" file into the the fm24 folder in documents. I have also downloaded a newgen facepack and moved it to the fm24 folder under documents. I have also reloaded the background in-game, but not working. 

Don't worry, I do not know how to use it either. I am trying to use the NewGAN-Manager and I have no idea what to do.

You will have noticed I have just been promoted for the third successive season - A first for me in this challenge.  It happens all the time for me in the dafuge Challenge, but not in this one.

So, a question.  I have noticed my players have developed at a much faster rate this season than in previous FMs.  Have you too or have I just got lucky?

Edit - I forgot to add, I was predicted to finish 23rd at the start of the season though this rose to 12th by the end of the season.  That is how much my players developed.

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

You will have noticed I have just been promoted for the third successive season - A first for me in this challenge.  It happens all the time for me in the dafuge Challenge, but not in this one.

So, a question.  I have noticed my players have developed at a much faster rate this season than in previous FMs.  Have you too or have I just got lucky?

Edit - I forgot to add, I was predicted to finish 23rd at the start of the season though this rose to 12th by the end of the season.  That is how much my players developed.

I am currently working my way through the first season in VNLN with Macclesfield, and I can easily say, that after 18 games, I have never started better in any save. The save is not open currently, but it is something like 15 wins and three losses.

I am beginning to wonder if it is some kind of bug, because this has never happened to me before, and I haven't suddenly become a tactical genius or done anything radically different.

On the player development side, I cannot say yet.

Edited by andershs

@DazRTaylor You're flying through the leagues!! You'll be all wrapped up with the challenge by 2040 at this rate :lol: Congratulations mate, I've no idea how you're managing it. 

I can't say I've noticed the player development being any faster than usual to be honest, but that could just be because I'm still Semi-Pro so no-one trains anyway.

Edited by Virtual Male

Macclesfield FC - Season 1 2024-25 Yout Preview

The Youth Preview is here. It is difficult to say whether this is good or bad. But it could be worse, I guess.

In other news, in the 37th try, we finally managed a draw.

It has been a very strange season. Either we are on top in games and winning relatively comfortably or otherwise we are quite clearly beaten.

But gone are the days of winning the first nine matches and 14 out of 17. We are slowly but steadily sliding down the table.

This is no catastrophy though, as I will be glad to just survive in these first difficult years of the challenge until the player intakes are flowing.

Edit: This is however, easily the best start to a FM save I have had in many years.

Edited by andershs

20 hours ago, the_hdk said:

For some reaosn i'm not getting chance to improve youth facilities and I fear its the same bug/feature we had last year where the chaiman doesnt have bug enough youth skill

I'm getting exactly the same in Japan as well, and they are pretty low level. Little bit worrying!

As is likely clear by my lack of any update I've not really taken to the Dulwich save but I do have an idea for another team. Will wait till Monday for the full release before starting as not going to have a massive amount of time to play before then anyway.