The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, aj6658 said:

I think Miles would disagree with you. Great that you love it. It didn't capture me at all. Least played for me 

It was the best ME in my opinion, Miles said they were disappointed with the development cycle, and that they didn’t get in everything they wanted.

Just now, aj6658 said:

I think Miles would disagree with you. Great that you love it. It didn't capture me at all. Least played for me 

Fm23 seems to be marmite. I liked it, by far the worst was a few years ago (FM21 maybe, but everything from FM19 to FM21 was bad IMO) the ME that year which ever it was, was just awful. Strikers couldn't score mainly because they had 50 one on ones each per game so they nerfed finishing. Defenders were utter clowns who'd just stand and watch a 80 yard punt just sail straight down the middle of the pitch. Unplayable, I gave up in December.

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Fm23 seems to be marmite. I liked it, by far the worst was a few years ago (FM21 maybe, but everything from FM19 to FM21 was bad IMO) the ME that year which ever it was, was just awful. Strikers couldn't score mainly because they had 50 one on ones each per game so they nerfed finishing. Defenders were utter clowns who'd just stand and watch a 80 yard punt just sail straight down the middle of the pitch. Unplayable, I gave up in December.

I have problems getting strikers to score nearly every year :onmehead:

7 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It was the best ME in my opinion, Miles said they were disappointed with the development cycle, and that they didn’t get in everything they wanted.

FM23 was best by a mile for me. The introduction of chaos was incredibly important. Hope that's stayed in for FM24.

Found 20-22 really poor.

Think my fave engine is between 12, 13 and 23.

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

FM23 was best by a mile for me. The introduction of chaos was incredibly important. Hope that's stayed in for FM24.

Found 20-22 really poor.

Think my fave engine is between 12, 13 and 23.

A lot of people had love for 12, but I always preferred 13. Not just for the ME, but the whole game. Still my highest play time of any edition and I had my best ever newgen. Jeff Cullen. Club legend and legend of my heart.

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I have problems getting strikers to score nearly every year :onmehead:

I don't mind if strikers don't score because they aren't getting chances. This was they were clean through on goal multiple times per game and would miss because if they didn't every game would have been a basketball score.

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

I don't mind if strikers don't score because they aren't getting chances. This was they were clean through on goal multiple times per game and would miss because if they didn't every game would have been a basketball score.

I do remember that. Wasn’t the issue created because the one on ones were created in an unrealistic way, like the striker running straight through the middle with a vertical ball over the top. And as they didn’t have real life data, they just made them miss.

1 minute ago, SazoJohnno said:

FM13 was my favourite mainly because I won the lottery in regards of youth academy. 3 of the youth academy became world class. Never got that luck since then. :D

They might have been good. But they weren’t my Jeff

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

They might have been good. But they weren’t my Jeff

Got any screenshot to show? I lost my save in FM13 after my computer got corrupted. Lost everything and never had heart to restart a new save after that. 

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

I do remember that. Wasn’t the issue created because the one on ones were created in an unrealistic way, like the striker running straight through the middle with a vertical ball over the top. And as they didn’t have real life data, they just made them miss.

Pretty much yep. Long ball from the centre-back or keeper. Striker go straight through smash it straight into the goalies face, rinse and repeat 50 times per game. Only time I've ever uninstalled FM.

7 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Got any screenshot to show? I lost my save in FM13 after my computer got corrupted. Lost everything and never had heart to restart a new save after that. 

Alas no. Similar situation, only involving a washing up bowl full of water knocked over while stripping wallpaper.

8 минут назад, gunner86 сказал:

a washing up bowl full of water knocked over while stripping wallpaper.

at first I thought it was some kind of allegory :D

my favourite save was in fm10 and I ruined it when added advanced leagues after 30+ seasons. Why? I just didn't realize that it would affect the performance of the save. And I played on an office PC, which was absolutely not ready for this 

8 hours ago, gunner86 said:

image.gif.1491bd8b91afafed6b733cb7ee0fc77c.gif

So, todays topic while we while away the hours waiting for Beta; Rival players you have a soft spot for.

I’ll get us started:

Sergio Aguero - loved him at Atletico (thanks FM) was so jealous when he moved to Citeh, but what a player.

Diogo Jota - don’t really know how this one happened, just really love to watch him play.

David Ginola - Beautiful man, beautiful hair, beautiful football.

Bergkamp - One of my favourite players of all time.

45 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

This gives me an idea for a new topic

image.gif.24ef6ca94d9e7c25753e3380425bc6eb.gif
Post your unpopular opinion on a footballer.

Once again, I’ll go first:

Erling Haaland is not that good.

Blasphemy! As the resident Norwegian this cannot stand unanswered! Well, really, he has some limitations to his game, but for finding space and getting the ball into the back for the net he is excellent. But don't depend on him making others around him better.

42 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

A lot of people had love for 12, but I always preferred 13. Not just for the ME, but the whole game. Still my highest play time of any edition and I had my best ever newgen. Jeff Cullen. Club legend and legend of my heart.

Same here. Think I got to 2054 with Huddersfield. Can still name a ton of newgens now, even ones that never played for me!

Has the best striker England ever had. Cameron Turner. What a man. Supported by Almedia, the Brazilian born in Dewsbury.

Honestly, the players just seemed to have such unique play style on the ME.

EDIT: I do have screenshots I think. Will look to share tomorrow 

Edited by Domoboy23

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

Blasphemy! As the resident Norwegian this cannot stand unanswered! Well, really, he has some limitations to his game, but for finding space and getting the ball into the back for the net he is excellent. But don't depend on him making others around him better.

This is pretty much my view point to be honest. He is very effective at what he does. But he’s not going to single handedly turn a game on his own. Martin Ødegaard on the other hand…

Edited by gunner86

16 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

This is pretty much my view point to be honest. He is very effective at what he does. But he’s not going to single handedly turn a game on his own. Martin Ødegaard on the other hand…

Antonio Nusa, mark that name, he is the next one!

2 minutes ago, priority76 said:

Unbelievable that he's not yet at a bigger team, so they say.

He rejected a move to Chelsea this summer, as he felt his development would be better at Brugge. He said so in a Norwegian interview. So he seems quite grounded too, kinda how Haaland took one step at a time before ending up at City. Pretty sure Nusa will move next summer.

Just now, XaW said:

He rejected a move to Chelsea this summer, as he felt his development would be better at Brugge. He said so in a Norwegian interview. So he seems quite grounded too, kinda how Haaland took one step at a time before ending up at City. Pretty sure Nusa will move next summer.

Still sad he did that. We always have room for more teenagers here at Chelsea. Just ask Boehly.

image.jpeg.c60dee0a55ef129d09a989e6b47212a6.jpeg

Always staggers me, in a positive way, that people can remember saves and ME's from year to year. I have certain saves I can remember very vaguely in terms of teams but certainly not players and certainly not the pluses and negatives of certain ME's.

There was one ME where target men were massively overrated and Peter Crouch was one of the go to signings every year.

2 minutes ago, SMV90 said:

@priority76

Nah, no invitation. Myself and my friend don’t have alpha access.

But the fact that someone is testing it (a fairy popular streamer) has to be good news for Monday, right?

Streamers test it the weekend, final touches on Monday AM and a Monday PM release?

This means they would probably release a video soon, Last time beta came out 2 days after the alpha video

17 minutes ago, SMV90 said:

@priority76

Nah, no invitation. Myself and my friend don’t have alpha access.

But the fact that someone is testing it (a fairy popular streamer) has to be good news for Monday, right?

Streamers test it the weekend, final touches on Monday AM and a Monday PM release?

Last year, a bunch of content creators got access at some point for a day and they ALL published a YouTube video on Oct 18, 2022 - the day before the Beta was available.

I'm not sure you can read much into the fact a person has played a version of the game 🤷  I could be wrong though 😉

Personally, I think it will be out Thursday as usual (with a chance for Wednesday).

29 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

Still sad he did that. We always have room for more teenagers here at Chelsea. Just ask Boehly.

image.jpeg.c60dee0a55ef129d09a989e6b47212a6.jpeg

I think Boehly learned Soccer from FM.

Buy wonderkids, buy more wonderkids, buy all the wonderkids, success! Wait, not success, oh dear.

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

The best ME? I respect your opinion (really, I do), but in my opinion it was so bad that it made the game unenjoyable.

Lets hope for a great 24 that we will both enjoy! 

57 minutes ago, priority76 said:

So it's more a friend of a friend yeah? Can you do some digging and find out where his house is? I'll meet you there in an hour.

SLAP - Sounds Like A Plan!

You bring the drinks, I’ll order the food, night is sorted 👉🏻

23 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

The best ME? I respect your opinion (really, I do), but in my opinion it was so bad that it made the game unenjoyable.

Lets hope for a great 24 that we will both enjoy! 

I personally thought 24 was miles ahead of 21-23 and the best for a very long time. Each to their own though.

11 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

I personally thought 24 was miles ahead of 21-23 and the best for a very long time. Each to their own though.

Maybe I didnt play the latest patch to get a good enough impression of the game. When I stopped playing in february the match engine got so bad i had to stop. It was basically a few tactics/strategies you could use, nothing else. Those tactics/strategies were so overpowered the game wasnt enjoyable at all.

But the clips/post I have seen from 24 seems very promising!