Multi-Tasking while playing FM: Music, TV, Work?

Just curious, do you do other things while playing FM? Such as, music (what type of music do you listen to during FM),  TV shows, radio or podcasts, social media, etc.?... Or do you focus entirely on FM and do nothing else?

Edited by phd_angel

I always have the TV on in the background, if a match is on, great, otherwise the missus can watch whatever tosh she likes and I can focus on the in game world.

Although, playing the same match in FM that’s on on the telly can really hurt your brain.

Normally I play in window mode, normally is either:

- Music (Classical, Pop or Irish music to keep my edginess in check. If I listen to Rock, and I have a match that is tight in the result, makes a bit edgy, so normally avoid the genre, but I do love rock… Metal, try once, I was so wired that I took me while to go to sleep (I normally play at night), BabyMetal is probably the exception (in all Metal scene), don’t know why, probably because don’t understand Japanese, is just white noise).

- Podcasts (include in this category youtube videos that has some sort of panel discussing stuff, normally is about movies, Star Wars or Minimalism (things that doesn’t require form me to store the information, since not the best multitasker. Can’t do podcasts or youtube about writing, as for me is important to absorb the information discussed)

- just the TV noise… no news (I hate news, stresses me out… :P normally is either National Georgraphic or Discovery or some documentary or some movie I just watched. Some occasions I put some concerts I have on Blu-Ray (normally is André Rieu or Celtic Women or Lord of the Dance are my go tos) or some concert that is available on a streaming service. Or just football match that is on… I also avoid seeing the team I managing in FM on TV… It also scrambles my brain.

Edited by grade

i think i may have undiagnosed adhd lol  i play fm, have youtube open, and twitch, discord, facebook, then on tv will have either skysports news or a live match of some kind..

Thanks for sharing, guys. I'm all of the above.

I may listen to radio podcasts on paranormal topics, toggle across online news, social media and Loki Doki videos, or listen to some music on Spotify (usually classic), sometimes some random TV news.

But I may stop it all to concentrate on FM if there is something specially important happening in the game.

Edited by phd_angel

2 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

6 music. Reptile vids on YouTube. @phd_angelhave you listened to the Battersea poltergeist and uncanny?

Hey. No, I don't know that.  I listen to Coast to Coast AM, which is the most popular late-night radio (and podcast) show in the US for over 20 years. It only covers paranormal, UFO, spiritual and conspiracy topics (It doesn't mean I believe in any of that though...). :D

Edited by phd_angel

On 27/08/2023 at 17:34, gunner86 said:

I always have the TV on in the background, if a match is on, great, otherwise the missus can watch whatever tosh she likes and I can focus on the in game world.

Although, playing the same match in FM that’s on on the telly can really hurt your brain.

Same as this. I make a fuss of letting the wife choose what she wants to watch, but its really an excuse to play FM :D

12 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yep, I have 2 PCs. One is my FM PC and my other is for other games. So I often play FM while playing another game like Dynasty Warriors or Total War or something on my other PC. Done a fair bit of FM/Pokemon multi-gaming too.

FM and Total War at the same time?!... Wow, that can be intense. :thup:

On 29/08/2023 at 14:34, rusty217 said:

Yep, I have 2 PCs. One is my FM PC and my other is for other games. So I often play FM while playing another game like Dynasty Warriors or Total War or something on my other PC. Done a fair bit of FM/Pokemon multi-gaming too.

:eek: Multi-gaming... that is not possible... mind blown.

How do you manage that?

20 hours ago, grade said:

:eek: Multi-gaming... that is not possible... mind blown.

How do you manage that?

It's pretty easy. I run FM with a lot of leagues loaded so things take awhile to process anyway, I also massively prefer turn based games so whichever game it is you can just not do anything in it for a bit and things will still be fine when you come back. Like I said Pokemon is one I like to pair with FM. Haven't done it with any Switch Pokemon yet, but with older ones I'd just sit the console on my desk in front of my keyboard. Look up for FM, look down for Pokemon. Also helps to have FM to do when grinding for levels or rare encounters on Pokemon games :D

Also one of the reasons I bought a new PC rather than upgrading my old one. The old one is plenty good enough for FM, so it's my FM PC. My new one with a fancy graphics card is for the games that need that.

Well, fortunately FM's sound is crap, so I can play it silently while watching TV with the wife (although I rarely look up at the TV), but I'm also texting on my phone and playing my mobile game...I have a bit of a problem doing only one thing at a time. 

i almost always multitask with FM...at home i watch movies/sports and sometimes email/catching up on work added in.  At work, well working, and maybe watching a show too...all on one pc at home and one pc at work 

Edited by garmac

FM and a football match on TV in the background is the perfect scenario for me. I even like to play a save with the same team that plays on the TV at this time to add more immersion to my game, as I tend to have multiple saves with different clubs that I like (besides my main journeyman save).

If there is no football game then I usually watch my favourite football channel on YouTube.

Edited by gggfunk

I am unemployed now, but when I was working from home I was playing lots of FM while working, sometimes in the office too. Nobody gave a damn as long as I did my duties.

While I play at home I always listed to music(Mostly 90s hip hop or early 2000s), watch YouTube, watch a show or a podcast and having 2 monitors help a lot with this task as I can play on 1 and watch something on the other.

I usually play FM while watching footy on TV, and while watching critical role/twitch streams on my 2nd monitor.

Its a great game to multitask with because the sound is pretty bad so nice to turn the sounds off and do/watch other things.

Edited by Siven