(Worst) Team of the Tournament

Coulthard's Jaw

4 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

More Polish players than Qatari or Welsh makes no sense

tbf Poland managed to be rubbish in the game they won, and if it's match rating averages then the low expectations on Qatari and Welsh players are going to help. Still not sure how Zielinski made it in bearing in mind he scored a goal in their victory though

Would probably be more fun compiling a list focused on good reputation players playing for sides that reached the knockouts and bring the likes of Lautaro and Upamecano who played in the final in for obscure players nobody expected anything from.

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Would probably be more fun compiling a list focused on good reputation players playing for sides that reached the knockouts and bring the likes of Lautaro and Upamecano who played in the final in for obscure players nobody expected anything from.

We need an over hyped and under delivering XI. Lukaku and Lautaro up front definitely. Navas maybe the keeper seeing as he somehow managed to let past everything Spain hit in their first game.

Thomas Muller? Although you could pick a number of the German players tbh.

Edited by Weezer

My team would be:

Borjan (Canada)

Oviedo (Costa Rica)
Khoukhi (Qatar)
Rudiger (Germany)
Lamptey (Ghana)

Boudiaf (Qatar)
Buchanan (Canada)
Pellistri (Uruguay)

L. Martinez (Argentina)
Cheddira (Morocco)
Almoez Ali (Qatar)

Manager: Kasper Hjulmand (Denmark)

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

We need an over hyped and under delivering XI. Lukaku and Lautaro up front definitely. Navas maybe the keeper seeing as he somehow managed to let past everything Spain hit in their first game.

Thomas Muller? Although you could pick a number of the German players tbh.

Lukaku? Seriously? He only played 45mins and was lacking match fitness cause he didn't play for quite some time.

59 minutes ago, buffalo said:

Lukaku? Seriously? He only played 45mins and was lacking match fitness cause he didn't play for quite some time.

He missed more chances than the rest of the team combined.

Those best/worst teams are always up for discussion, but this one strikes me as being particualarly weird.

3 players from Poland, who made the knockout stages? Zielinski even scored a goal, and Cash was part of a defence who had two clean sheeets ffs :D  And if anyone from Poland should be selected for this team, it should've been Krychowiak who had a very poor tournament.

Also really weird with only one Qatari player and no Costa Ricans in the defence (11 goals conceeded in three games ffs).

Surprised no Germans made the team - Müller, Götze, Schlotterbeck and Süle are all worthy candidates. And although I completly agree about Skov Olsen having a bad tournament, Jensen was as bad, while Damsgaard and Dolberg were probably even worse. As for Belgium, both Hazard and Batshuayi should be concidered.

And also I miss the player I thought was worst at the tournament - Walid Cheddira. As great as the Moroccan team was, he was absolutely clueless. It genuinly looked like they had picked some random fan from the stands and put him on the pitch.