Match 24: Argentina vs Mexico - ITV1 7pm GMT live from the Lusail Iconic Stadium

Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Harryseaess said:

Surprised by that. Still scoring a lot in the MLS.

Yeah I was surprised too. Checked his record in the MLS and he's still producing at a good level. Not that I'm an expert on their squad and options of course but you'd have expected him in there even as an option off the bench. 

I'm not going to lie, I can't explain what happened to Argentina.

Watched a lot of their games over the past years, they always played well, even if they didn't the plan was clear.

Now against two average teams they completely reverted to 2018, something is just off.

Idk if it's the massive pressure or whatever, but this is just inexcusable.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Watched a lot of their games over the past years, they always played well, even if they didn't the plan was clear.

Now against two average teams they completely reverted to 2018, something is just off.

The midfield is crap.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

If you didn't follow them, you'd assume Sampaoli was still in charge and they hadn't progressed from 2018 at all

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

they’ve gone with Big Sam Allardyce-style 4-4-2 with loads of width and massive distances between players? Seems bonkers.

How did this Argentinian side go unbeaten for 30+ games? They look so average, no spark whatsoever.

Also Latauro Martinez is the SMS of strikers. Incredible in FM and FIFA but I’m yet to see why when I’ve seen him live. Italian researchers need a word!

Edited by Weezer

3 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Also Latauro Martinez is the SMS of strikers. Incredible in FM and FIFA but I’m yet to see why when I’ve seen him live. Italian researchers need a word!

Maybe watch a few of his games when the entire team doesn't look useless?

He scored two agains Arabia, one from half a centimeter offside.

5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Maybe watch a few of his games when the entire team doesn't look useless?

He scored two agains Arabia, one from half a centimeter offside.

I can only go off what I see, I’m not blessed with hindsight. I’ve never seen him play a big game to deserve his reputation.

Just now, Weezer said:

I can only go off what I see, I’m not blessed with hindsight. I’ve never seen him play a big game to deserve his reputation.

Well, again, you haven't seen big games then.

If you're going with that, when has Messi shown that he's even close to his club level while playing for NT?

7 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Considering he's possibly 45 minutes away from never winning the World Cup, Messi has been very poor so far. Hardly noticed him for the last half-hour of that first half.

He was very poor first game too. Rumours that he's carrying a calf injury that's being kept on the relative downlow. 

Edited by craigcwwe