*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Deletes your preferences and cache folders out of AppData/Sports Interactive.

Start the game, it will load very slowly.  When it finally loads, close it, then restart and it should be OK.

If you are using a custom skin the first time you try advancing the game might crash to desktop, but after a restart it will work fine.

If I had to guess its an issue with the update having conflicts with the prexisting preferences and cache, and it has to go to the process of rebuilding them.    

That seems to have worked for me so far...

Still the same problem with loading the game that takes a very long time. I did and deleted as you stated but it's still the same problem.

Loading the game the same as if it has no natural from but I always have to press the space button to start something slowly. This wasn't this morning, this was created right after the update. AMD RAZEN5 3500; RX 580, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11, Steam. All drivers are updated.

Edited by sanela.hodzic79

This update has completely killed any amount of realism the game had. All you had to do was fix the few bugs (that the game shouldn't have been released with) but you've somehow managed to completely ruin passing and reverted back to the FM22 one touch perfect passing nonsense with teams not misplacing one pass. Absolute garbage to watch. Just had a random spanish 3rd tier team finish the game with 94% passing accuracy (With my high pressing) with 800 attempted passes. My team also attempted way more passes than usual, up to unrealistic levels

Oh and defenders are still doing dumb stuff and my goalkeeper has forgotten how to save a shot going at 2mph that's hit right at him. Congrats guys! Not only was the first release filled with bugs you've now gone backwards!

Edited by leo2r

46 minutes ago, Ragazzo 1904 said:

"Added a January registration window to the new Champions League format to address player changes during the January transfer window"

What was happening before? Does anyone know? Couldn't sign up players contracted mid-season?

Yep u couldnt register players in the new format that signed in January. Kinda annoying when u have players that left but their replacements cannot be registered for the last 2 matches of group stage.

10 minutes ago, sanela.hodzic79 said:

Still the same problem with loading the game that takes a very long time. I did and deleted as you stated but it's still the same problem.

Yeah, I ran into the same issue again when I reloaded after changing a skin.

Try @EdLcommand line fix, it worked for me.

So far, so good. I only have a small sample size of 3-4 games, but it looks like some of the major issues are fixed.

There still are some questionable things, though I'd need more games to draw conclusions. One thing that stands out to me right now is how hesitant the goalkeepers are when dealing with crosses/through balls. I did notice it before the patch, and a few times already after the patch. GKs would just go, then stop, then go again, then stop, not really committing to either.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Arthur50 said:

you know what you lot don't half come up with some stupid stuff to do we should not have to do any of this at all it was working fine in FM22 no lagging at all i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it at my Graphics card is a NVIDIA G force RTX 2060 and i9-9900k cpu with 32GB Ram so basically shouldn't have a problem running it at all  as i don't have any issues with my other games so please don't try saying its are PCs when its down to your side not ar's

I can only offer my apologies if you read general troubleshooting advice and asking for further information to mean suggesting its an issue with an individuals PC. That isn't the case. Sometimes things that should work don't. Asking for more information helps identify where an issue may rest if troubleshooting doesn't work. Ultimately we're always going to fall on the side of "Tell me a bit more" than "Eh it should work, you're on your own"

Just played my first game. Continuing from a beta save. Match Engine feels good. Better passes, alot less long balls. My team is playing like i wanted them to. Watched my keeper do some crazy diving save, very impressed. This is the game i wanted to play on release! I was actually 'Instant results' my game before becuase i couldnt staand the continuous long balls and iffy defending. A very big improvement. Thanks SI. Now the only thing you guys need to do is.... keep communicating with the community. Great job guys!! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Arthur50 said:

this is why you have a bug forum so we can tell you the issues we have and if 100 people are saying the same thing over the lagging then 100 people must have crap PCs or laptops so another words stop trying to push the blame on all of are PCs or laptops and get this fixed please

With the due respect, all Michael Sant have done here is to try and narrow down the potential problems by asking. PCs are complex as a lot of people are running a lot of different configurations. With people mentioning it here instead of bug reports, they can only ask where the problems are mentioned and narrow down the problems from big range of potential issues. From what is being mentioned, it seems that the graphic card are potentially the issue so they can focus on the GPU and fix the issue. Without asking or receiving any bug reports, they can't fix. 

Aggressive demeanor on the texts doesn't help. You and SI staff both want the same thing, to try and sort this out. Help each other. 

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, Arthur50 said:

this is why you have a bug forum so we can tell you the issues we have and if 100 people are saying the same thing over the lagging then 100 people must have crap PCs or laptops so another words stop trying to push the blame on all of are PCs or laptops and get this fixed please

If at any point you've been advised that an issue you're experiencing with the game being laggy is due to you having a PC not good enough then please feel free to PM this to me so that we can look into this further.

Couple of games in on the new update, miles better, appears on the surface that most the bugs I've complained about have been squashed - especially the long ball bug. Need more time to play further, obviously, but so far looks and feels good. Some users are saying they are experiencing slow game launch times, and match lag, but I'm not experiencing this (I'm on Mac, not PC by the way). Good steps forward, see if I feel that same by midnight tonight :D 

However, this is what launch should have been.

18 minutes ago, leo2r said:

This update has completely killed any amount of realism the game had. All you had to do was fix the few bugs (that the game shouldn't have been released with) but you've somehow managed to completely ruin passing and reverted back to the FM22 one touch perfect passing nonsense with teams not misplacing one pass. Absolute garbage to watch. Just had a random spanish 3rd tier team finish the game with 94% passing accuracy (With my high pressing) with 800 attempted passes. My team also attempted way more passes than usual, up to unrealistic levels

Oh and defenders are still doing dumb stuff and my goalkeeper has forgotten how to save a shot going at 2mph. Congrats guys! Not only was the first release filled with bugs you've now gone backwards!

Didn,t notice aby problem with passes. Played two games - one game 76% vs 83% accuracy, second game both teams under 80% accuracy.

And number of passes between 400-500

Edited by pow4h

1 hour ago, (sic) said:

I know ME is the main thing here, but I can't seem to find any changes about the squad planner. I swear it was reported as bugged, it often kept resetting, or not working correctly.

Maybe I have missed those changes when reading through the patch notes, but right now it doesn't seem to reset anymore. Any changes I make are working, and they don't immediately revert back after a few in-game days... at least so far.

1 hour ago, dkouv said:

IGNORE: just a stupid Mac security thing, had to enable permissions for Steam in settings...

Anybody else having the disc write error below? Using a Mac. Can't install the update because of this, tried restarting steam/Mac/clearing cache/verifying game files, nothing seems to help.

image.thumb.png.00652462b8cb274722eb34c8a8dfaded.png

what permission? i can't see it and my game is saying that as well

Just now, gregchristie said:

what permission? i can't see it and my game is saying that as well

go to System Settings, Privacy & Security, Full Disk Access, click the + and authenticate, Applications, Steam, click "open". Ensure the button is over to the right next to Steam in the apps list.

image.png.a72211b4cc98fb7c2431788821590751.png

17 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

It should say "23.2" if you head over to game status in the game. 

I thought so. It's still saying 23.1

I've got Steam online - is there any way I can 'force' the update?

EDIT. Got it. Had to close the game and Steam and restart steam. Happening now.

Edited by phnompenhandy

5 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

go to System Settings, Privacy & Security, Full Disk Access, click the + and authenticate, Applications, Steam, click "open". Ensure the button is over to the right next to Steam in the apps list.

image.png.a72211b4cc98fb7c2431788821590751.png

legend

1 hour ago, Emozil said:

Hey all. Ever since I've installed the latest patch my FM is just a black screen when trying to load. Anyone else getting this/any help? - Been stuck like it over 10 minutes now. I've closed and re loaded and it seems to be happening again. 

image.thumb.png.7e821b1c15605507b85a93bab93becbd.png

This is exactly what is happening to me.  Windows... pretty souped up computer.  It has stayed like that for over 10 minutes

15 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I thought so. It's still saying 23.1

I've got Steam online - is there any way I can 'force' the update?

Restart steam. It should hopefully pick up the update

15 hours ago, Blutarsky said:

This is exactly what is happening to me.  Windows... pretty souped up computer.  It has stayed like that for over 10 minutes

Restart your PC. Start Menu - Type: Check for updates. 

Hopefully that will update any drivers that may be outstanding

Hope it helps

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Restart your PC. Start Menu - Type: Check for updates. 

Hopefully that will update any drivers that may be outstanding

Hope it helps

Thank you, had to go back to work, but left it trying to load.  I'll see what I have when I get home.

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, Teep said:

Receiving a ton of warning-and-errors on start-up. Tried to remove cache/preference, verify game file, reinstall, it's still bugged and I cant get in the game :(
Worked fine before today's update
image.png.dd02193dd0675c430af0fa922090a084.png

FM23_bug.bmp 937.92 kB · 2 downloads

It looks like there are a number of issues going on here, if you create a support ticket our team will look into this with you further: https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

1 hour ago, EdL said:

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

can confirm this works after trying everything else regarding loading screen time

Edited by Mush1983

48 minutes ago, Teep said:

Receiving a ton of warning-and-errors on start-up. Tried to remove cache/preference, verify game file, reinstall, it's still bugged and I cant get in the game :(

Try these steps

1. Uninstall FM23 completely, removing any add-ons and skins you may have

2. Start Menu, Type: Check for updates (will update your drivers)

3. Reinstall FM23

Hope this helps

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Mush1983 said:

can confirm this works after trying everything else regarding loading screen time

Hmm this shouldn't affect the loading time as far as I would imagine, odd

48 minutes ago, Teep said:

1. Delete Sports Interactive folder from %appdata%
2. Delete Sports Interactive folder from Documents
3. Delete Sports Interactive folder from Public Documents
4. Verify Files on Steam
5. Disable Anti-Virus
6. Update Windows
7. Update GPU (if you use NVIDIA, today has posted the 527.37 Version; install it like this)

42 minutes ago, pow4h said:

Didn,t notice aby problem with passes. Played two games - one game 76% vs 83% accuracy, second game both teams under 80% accuracy.

And number of passes between 400-500

Teams have gone from having 500 attempted passes per game to 800+. It's just one touch perfect ping passing all game, and I'm talking about average teams, ridiculously high and would NEVER happen IRL. They have completely ruined the game and taken any realism out of it when all they had to do was make the defenders not act like 4 year olds. I guess because idiots on here were moaning their teams played long balls from time to time, which happens in real ife, they've now switched to tiki-taka 900 pass per game nonsense. FM22 V2.  Wish there was a way to roll back this update. Awful

4 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

1. Delete Sports Interactive folder from %appdata%
2. Delete Sports Interactive folder from Documents
3. Delete Sports Interactive folder from Public Documents
4. Verify Files on Steam
5. Disable Anti-Virus
6. Update Windows
7. Update GPU (if you use NVIDIA, today has posted the 527.37 Version; install it like this)

If he's using a skin, he should be fine removing the skin out  of the folder to like the desktop, deleting the preferences and cache folder out of App data, start the game in the base skin, shut it down then put the skin he was using back in and restarting the game again.  And you should only have 1 skin in the skins folder.
That's been my experience anyways.

Jellico