A difficult situation but SI have to act.

Court cases pending or not, SI Games will have to follow FIFA's lead and remove Mason Greenwood or give players the facility to remove him from their new and save games immediately. 

If you or anyone you know is suffering from violent abuse, you are not alone, seek help immediately. If you can't face speaking to the police yet....... 

https://www.samaritans.org

Sadly this isn't the first time a player has been suspended by their club following legal action. There is a well established precedent for how they deal with it in FM. 

It is nice to see something is finally high profile enough to elicit a response from EA though. 

I will keep hiding posts that break the rules, you know who you are. If you are unwilling to do so and continue, the mod team might have to step in further.

For any questions regarding this look at the linked Tweet from Miles and the post by Neil as to why we cannot discuss it.

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

I will keep hiding posts that break the rules, you know who you are. If you are unwilling to do so and continue, the mod team might have to step in further.

For any questions regarding this look at the linked Tweet from Miles and the post by Neil as to why we cannot discuss it.

You hid my question?

Just now, MasterKano said:

You hid my question?

Yes, since it is about an ongoing court case, and that is something we are not to discuss here. UK law still reigns here.

2 minutes ago, MasterKano said:

Surely the whole thread should be hidden then?

That is an option, but for now it can stay up, provided no one talks about the case. This might mean that others who wonder will have the same info rather than start new threads.

15 hours ago, XaW said:

Miles have said this:

And just in case anyone does not know. Please don't discuss ongoing UK legal matters here.

Players should be removed based on moral grounds, not on legal basis.

"Not everything that is legal is moral" is the first thing you learn on Law school. Example, the Apartheid was legal, slavery was legal. Civil disobedience was illegal, interracial marriage was illegal.

So, if a club sues a player based on some contract disagreement, will SI get rid of the player?!... This needs to be revised.

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

"Not everything that is legal is moral" is the first thing you learn on Law school. Example, the Apartheid was legal, slavery was legal. Civil disobedience was illegal, interracial marriage was illegal.

So, if a club sues a player based on some contract disagreement, will SI get rid of the player?!... This needs to be revised.

That just never ever going to happen :D It would mean FM becomes the judge who is not moral enough. SI moral office would have to be built too because the case numbers would be massive. :D Which would basicly be start of an end to rights use player real names in games.

7 hours ago, phd_angel said:

This is a football game... if a player isn't a part of a football teams squad, or any squad, and unable to play football.. of course they will be taken out of the game... 

Morality isn't a factor while a court case is pending

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

That's a good example, actually. Certainly guilty but never convicted. Where do you draw the line?

At players who are suspended by their clubs indefinitely due to on going legal issues. It seemed quite clear. 

8 hours ago, kentonizking said:

I don't know if he has remained, but it touches on a wider debate about rehabilitation and forgiveness

In a Christian sense, forgiveness can't be given if the perp never confesses his sin and asks for forgiveness. Apparently, the man has no remorse for his actions.

On 02/02/2022 at 07:10, XaW said:

Yes, since it is about an ongoing court case, and that is something we are not to discuss here. UK law still reigns here.

You aren't allowed to talk about ongoing court cases in the UK? Sorry, but that's ****ed up.

4 hours ago, PeeDub said:

You aren't allowed to talk about ongoing court cases in the UK? Sorry, but that's ****ed up.

I agree, I'm not from the UK and it sounds strange to me too, but this forum follows UK law, so that's why it has to be like this.

8 hours ago, PeeDub said:

Cases could collapse due to information released on a public forum would you be happy if a rape case got dismissed due to somthing read on here? Better to shut the **** up if you don't know what your talking about.

A Forum member here has discussed a case when he was on the jury it was the case was easily indentifiable by what he was posting, which is illegal if it'd been spotted by the defendants they could have used it to get the case dismissed if it's still availbe for viewing is it possible to have the case retried?