Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 03. May 21) *links updated*

En 1/9/2022 a las 14:16, Daveincid dijo:

To be honest I can't remember exactly how it was in FM21. My brain is already half into FM23:D But it won't be that bad overall.

I do not recomend to add leagues at a later stage. Removing lower leagues once you get promoted in a lower league save is fine.

Will there be a problem if after eliminating the lower leagues the database is much larger than necessary for the remaining leagues? I read somewhere that this could cause dysfunctions in the transfer market with too much supply for too little demand

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @Daveincid

I'm starting a new save on FM22 so perfect time to update everything. I just want to check the two things provided by you are:

- the realism megapack

- game setups

Is that correct? Am I right in saying the game setups haven't changed from when you first did them for FM22? Obviously the realism pack has been updated. Is the realism pack where I can experience a faster game speed?

Thanks!

Edit - Just realised I've written this in the old thread. i'll leave it here for now rather than typing the same question again.

Edited by middleweight165

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Fugado:

Will there be a problem if after eliminating the lower leagues the database is much larger than necessary for the remaining leagues? I read somewhere that this could cause dysfunctions in the transfer market with too much supply for too little demand

As I wrote, I don't really remember how it was in FM21.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb middleweight165:

Hey @Daveincid

I'm starting a new save on FM22 so perfect time to update everything. I just want to check the two things provided by you are:

- the realism megapack

- game setups

Is that correct? Am I right in saying the game setups haven't changed from when you first did them for FM22? Obviously the realism pack has been updated. Is the realism pack where I can experience a faster game speed?

Thanks!

Edit - Just realised I've written this in the old thread. i'll leave it here for now rather than typing the same question again.

I've adjusted them slightly since I've first added them.

Yes, the speed improvements are included in my megapack.

Cheers
Daveincid

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2022 at 10:13, Daveincid said:

As I wrote, I don't really remember how it was in FM21.

I've adjusted them slightly since I've first added them.

Yes, the speed improvements are included in my megapack.

Cheers
Daveincid

So Dave will you make a new setup file?

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Thank you! Not yet. It's low priority for me right now. It will most likely be out in January

Daveincid - When will your realism patches for FM23 be available? I’m excited about your work at Patreon. Thanks!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb phd_angel:

Daveincid - When will your realism patches for FM23 be available? I’m excited about your work at Patreon. Thanks!

The information is on all my plattforms ;) :

Alpha-Version: 11th November
Beta-Version: 18th November
Early-Access: 25th November

vor 3 Minuten schrieb rristola:

Hi, Daveincid!

Do you know, if the FM22 package of Increase realism would work with FM23?

Are there usually technical or "syntax" changes year by year, or is it about old data?

I guess - "You can try. No guarantee given...".

It won't work. It will create a mess in several areas.

Gerade eben schrieb rristola:

I meant with all the stuff you are working within Increase Realism project.

It would be bad if it doesn't:D There are some new challenges this year, some improvements in the vanilla game, which are great and some other stuff i don't like but I was able to fix ;) So yeah, I can recomend it:brock:

Gerade eben schrieb Dbuk1:

When do you recommend starting a long term save with your realism pack because on fm22 you update things every month???

If you want to have the latest data: every month a new save.

I've heard that question so often. There is simply no answer for it.

8 hours ago, Daveincid said:

If you want to have the latest data: every month a new save.

I've heard that question so often. There is simply no answer for it.

Dave - Maybe you could survey your followers to ask them how often they would like to install your realism patches. I doubt that most players start a new save every month (At least that's not my case: I spent five months in my last FM22 save). To have an idea of the best cadence of updates would allow you to better spend your time with this or other projects.  Just a suggestion... Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Dave - Maybe you could survey your followers to ask them how often they would like to install your realism patches. I doubt that most players start a new save every month (At least that's not my case: I spent five months in my last FM22 save). To have an idea of the best cadence of updates would allow you to better spend your time with this or other projects.  Just a suggestion... Thanks. 

I'm waiting for my lower league add-on and Dave's mod. Dave says his alpha version should be out today/tomorrow, which coincides with my lower league file. i'll holiday them a few years first to see if there's anything drastic, but once i fire up a longterm save, I'll have to ignore subsequent improvements to his files. I'm fine with that. As they're FM23 versions of what he's done in previous years, I don't anticipate any serious issues.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb phd_angel:

Doesn't matter. My updates remain monthly ;)

22 hours ago, Daveincid said:

The information is on all my plattforms ;) :

Alpha-Version: 11th November
Beta-Version: 18th November
Early-Access: 25th November

Cant wait for it :)
Would you say your version differ a lot or just small fixes that you make?
Also did not notice at Patreon, but what are you planning to include in first pack?

vor 1 Minute schrieb saihtam:

Would you say your version differ a lot or just small fixes that you make?

You'll see

vor 1 Minute schrieb saihtam:

Also did not notice at Patreon, but what are you planning to include in first pack?

Patreon is a "forbidden" word in this forum, so I can't answer it;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
vor 2 Minuten schrieb DarkXess:

Hey @Daveincid does this thread/guide still work as much for FM23 or you gonna update it? 

There is one for FM22. That one is closer to FM23
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/535530-guide-how-to-set-up-an-optimal-database-for-a-balanced-savegame-and-ways-to-increase-realism-updated-03-may-21-links-updated/?do=findComment&comment=13571810

Did SI break something in later updates for FM21? I recently got the game and have simmed through two seasons on full detail in top leagues, and big goalscorers like Lewandowski, Mbappe, Salah, Haaland etc barely score any goals, usually below 10 league goals per season. They do better on 'none' detail level.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So Ive been messing around all February trying to get the balance right for the update with different settings and Ive settled on the below 2

I loaded the top 5 leagues plus Ireland and majority of others on View Only
I added in advanced settings of the view only leagues division players and the usual all playes from top clubs (About 140k)

TOTAL      SEASON
                          GAME        GAME          
                     TIME(hours)   TIME

Season 1 1.35  
Season 2 3.44 2.09
Season 3 6.00 2.16
Season 4 8.34 2.34
Season 5 11.31 2.57

So it looks like it adds on about 15/20 minutes per season.

Ive changed it to the top 8 leagues playable plus Ireland and no view only but increase the advanced settings players to all leagues top 2 divisionsin Europe/South America, a good few in Asia and Africa (About 170k)

Season 1 1.23  
Season 2 3.27 2.04
Season 3 5.39 2.12
Season 4 8.01 2.20
Season 5 9.55 1.54

Season 6.         12.05         2.10

It seems view only takes up an extra bit of usage alright so far. So the question I have, is there any difference in regens between View Only and having a league disabled. Is the only difference the actual tables? It would seem so far its better to have less view only and more players? What I have noticed that with the leagues disabled and players from the top 2 divisions added there is far more squads full of players and most clubs have 5 or 6 under 19s in place. 

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2023 at 23:37, grade said:

Not sure if this been asked.

I'm thinking doing a Lowe management a sort of park to premier league, using Lionnel Messi wonderful database, by picking a team from Level 10.

What would be recommended setup?

Just run the English Leagues on Large Database but with extra players for Continental and international competitions. You can always add more when you progress up the leagues and delete the lower leagues  

The problem with 'adding leagues' later in a save (and all the YouTubers know this, which is why they do it) is it seriously affects the quality of newgens for the newly 'active league'....

Makes the game very unbalanced.

On 28/02/2023 at 18:13, Maviarab said:

The problem with 'adding leagues' later in a save (and all the YouTubers know this, which is why they do it) is it seriously affects the quality of newgens for the newly 'active league'....

Makes the game very unbalanced.

How does it affect the quality of newgens?

4 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

How does it affect the quality of newgens?

Makes them very, very good fior a short while as the game tries to blanace the newly added league.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, saihtam said:

Anyone has saved good set up file for journeyman save? Have good   CPU to run a lot

Load all leagues playable and all players (via advanced setup) if you have good CPU. Did the same with i7 8550U and it is ok for such CPU. Otherwise check my workshop, I have one Game Setup and Advanced.

Edited by fc.cadoni

Am 21.12.2023 um 18:26 schrieb fc.cadoni:

Load all leagues playable and all players (via advanced setup) if you have good CPU. Did the same with i7 8550U and it is ok for such CPU. Otherwise check my workshop, I have one Game Setup and Advanced.

Hello, thank you for your data. Could you possibly upload the training sessions via Google Drive? That would be great! Thank you very much

• 2 months later...