Guide how to set up an optimal database for a balanced savegame and ways to increase realism (updated 03. May 21) *links updated*

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many leagues/nations do you recommend for Ryzen 5 3750H with 16gb of ram for a smooth experience?

My old laptop had a i3 2350m with 4gb of ram, so I was loading only the top 5-6 european leagues + english championship, Brazil and Argentina and it was kinda slow.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Vali184:

How many leagues/nations do you recommend for Ryzen 5 3750H with 16gb of ram for a smooth experience?

My old laptop had a i3 2350m with 4gb of ram, so I was loading only the top 5-6 european leagues + english championship, Brazil and Argentina and it was kinda slow.

You could try something like this:

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others leagues view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with small/medium/big db:

This is the start of a balanced world for longer saves. It depends how many playable leagues your system can run at a decent speed. For some it's 15 nations for some 30.

Cheers

Daveincid

• 2 weeks later...

is there any difference in amount of players in Brazilian youth intake in these cases? (while I am managing a team in Europe) 

1. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: Playable and Detail level: Full.

2. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: Playable and Detail level: None.

3. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: View-Only and Detail level: Full.

4. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: View-Only and Detail level: None.

vor 1 Minute schrieb mouli:

is there any difference in amount of players in Brazilian youth intake in these cases? (while I am managing a team in Europe) 

1. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: Playable and Detail level: Full.

2. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: Playable and Detail level: None.

3. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: View-Only and Detail level: Full.

4. all Brazil leagues loaded up to third division as: View-Only and Detail level: None.

detail-level doesn't affect the amount of newgens.

View-Only is complicated...some Nations produce almost the same amout of players and other Nations struggle more. Brazil should be similar if you set them "view only" or "playable". 

Thanks for helping. Few more questions

1. Suppose the league I want to scout is set to be Playable. The game tells me that i won't be able to see highlights if detail level is set to None. But can my scouts watch the match and give me full 100% scout reports on players in those leagues? 

Since from my (little)experience scout can gain full knowledge of the player only if he can watch him play games. 

2. Same question as above but this time the league is set to be View-only. 

Gerade eben schrieb mouli:

Thanks for helping. Few more questions

1. Suppose the league I want to scout is set to be Playable. The game tells me that i won't be able to see highlights if detail level is set to None. But can my scouts watch the match and give me full 100% scout reports on players in those leagues? 

Since from my (little)experience scout can gain full knowledge of the player only if he can watch him play games. 

2. Same question as above but this time the league is set to be View-only. 

1. you will get 100% knowledge about their attributes but not their match-stats, as they are not simulated at the same level as on full detail.

2. See answer 1

5 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

1. you will get 100% knowledge about their attributes but not their match-stats, as they are not simulated at the same level as on full detail.

2. See answer 1

But what if a wonderkid comes in a club intake and gets signed, sent to u20s. Will my scout be able to gain full knowledge of his attributes if the league is set to be

1.Playable 

2. View-only

(Assume detail level: None) 

Gerade eben schrieb mouli:

But what if a wonderkid comes in a club intake and gets signed, sent to u20s. Will my scout be able to gain full knowledge of his attributes if the league is set to be

1.Playable 

2. View-only

(Assume detail level: None) 

scouts will always be able to scout the attributes if it's not a greyed-out player

33 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

scouts will always be able to scout the attributes if it's not a greyed-out player

That's interesting, I remember reading thread below and someone said scouts can't really scout unloaded leagues, because after the revamp a few years ago they need to attend actual matches in order to generate reports.

Would you say there's no difference between unloaded and view-only/playable leagues when it comes to scouting then? Apart from the fact there will be less players in obscure nations, if they're unloaded.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zemahh:

Would you say there's no difference between unloaded and view-only/playable leagues when it comes to scouting then?

as I said, player-attribute-wise no, player-stats of course it makes a difference.

• 3 weeks later...
vor 7 Minuten schrieb karanhsingh:

I have a question on the new-gen production. Have noticed that even if I load "players from top clubs" in say Africa for example, many of the areas produce new-gens the first season and then they stop. Is there any way around this?

Not really. The game tries to balance the overall player-count, so in some cases this means that they don't create newgens in a specific year. Keep in mind it's still a Beta, so there might be changes until public release.

Cheers

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Sonic Youth:

I take it the concept and application of this won’t change for FM22?

I will update the post as soon as the full game is released. there will be some smaller adjustments needed :)

Cheers

Daveincid

26 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

I will update the post as soon as the full game is released. there will be some smaller adjustments needed :)

Cheers

Daveincid

Will look out for it! I like the concept, and hope to get deeper into saves this version round. This will help with game world balance :thup: :)

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Acidpunk:

Do you have the updated recommended setup for a long term file for FM22 @Daveincid?

not yet, my realism-mod comes first and after that, there will be a new thread created for this guide, as some things have changed in FM22.

Cheers
Daveincid

vor 3 Minuten schrieb tomi6:

How many leagues/nations do you recommend for 2019 macbook pro with 8gb of ram for a smooth experience?

It's like asking me how fast can my Mercedes drive without any details about the engine:D CPU-Specs are important to know.

Cheers

Daveincid

53 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

It's like asking me how fast can my Mercedes drive without any details about the engine:D CPU-Specs are important to know.

Cheers

Daveincid

Processor: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

vor 1 Minute schrieb tomi6:

Processor: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and top 20 as view only with players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option: 

You will have a higher player count, and these players from the top 20 will be newly generated in the future. This leads to a more balanced gameworld. It will give you a decent db for low to mid-range systems.

It won't be that fast, but I would go for this one

Edited by Daveincid

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

- Loading top 5 nations and top 2 in South America playable and top 20 as view only with players loaded from the top 20 nations with the advanced-db option: 

You will have a higher player count, and these players from the top 20 will be newly generated in the future. This leads to a more balanced gameworld. It will give you a decent db for low to mid-range systems.

It won't be that fast, but I would go for this one

Was hoping I could load up 20 leagues as playable ffs

vor 1 Minute schrieb KOSGS1:

Thanks for all your help. Was wondering what your long term save set up recommendation would be for laptop Ryzen 7 4800H, 8GB Ram?

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

This setup Is IMO the general sweetspot for a realistic longterm-save. Mid-range processor recommended.

5 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

- Loading top 20 nations playable, all the others view-only, international games, games from National-Teams and the games in your league simulated in full detail, with the advanced db-option for all players from first divison and national reputation

This setup Is IMO the general sweetspot for a realistic longterm-save. Mid-range processor recommended.

Does speed slow down considerably if I also set the top 20 leagues to sim in full detail?

vor 1 Minute schrieb themadsheep2001:

@Daveincid I'm sure I'm missing this somewhere obvious, but do you have your list of top 20 Nations?

it's the hidden first post (Slightly more than 20 I realized:D):
All of them with number 1 are the most important IMO

Most important Nations to load according to my database for a balanced world (1 highest, 4 lowest)

I usually set number 1 and 2 as playable, 3 view-only and number 4 I don't load at all. This guarantees you a balance between Continents aswell

18 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

it's the hidden first post (Slightly more than 20 I realized:D):
All of them with number 1 are the most important IMO

Most important Nations to load according to my database for a balanced world (1 highest, 4 lowest)

I usually set number 1 and 2 as playable, 3 view-only and number 4 I don't load at all. This guarantees you a balance between Continents aswell

Cheers Dave, would you then load the leagues as shown in your images?

vor 1 Minute schrieb themadsheep2001:

Cheers Dave, would you then load the leagues as shown in your images?

This is the setup which I consider as "sweetspot", so yes^^ If your PC/Laptop, or your patience, can handle more then go for it:lol:

hace 26 minutos, Daveincid dijo:

This is the setup which I consider as "sweetspot", so yes^^ If your PC/Laptop, or your patience, can handle more then go for it:lol:

Thanks for your great guide! one question.. with no budget limit what hardware (cpu / ram / ssd) do you recommend to activate everything??

Edited by neosho

vor 2 Minuten schrieb neosho:

Thanks for your great guide! one question.. with no budget limit what hardware (cpu / ram / ssd) do you recommend to activate everything??

An AMD Epyc Server CPU worth 50k+ with like 126 cores:lol:
I mean without a budget-limit you can just buy the latest gaming hardware for 10k+ or so.

hace 44 minutos, Daveincid dijo:

An AMD Epyc Server CPU worth 50k+ with like 126 cores:lol:
I mean without a budget-limit you can just buy the latest gaming hardware for 10k+ or so.

Ok ill ask it in another way.. lowest price cpu/ram combo to activate everything?? :lol:

image.png.58eabe03d24ead70bf07de19de126242.png

hello I read the whole thread from cover to cover :)
What is sweetpot?
What is IRL?

Now I would like to boast, I play the following equipment:
i5 8600K 3,6 (default -> 4.0 (actual) -> 5.0 (max I can)
32 GB RAM
SSD 18 free GB for saves, and all saves go to HDD if i have no space on SSD again
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
win 10

I play in all leagues and use all players from all continents plus full level of detail of all competitions (xD)
On the first day I spent about 90 days with periods to load the game for the AI community and test being the manager of the national team and the club and giving up the national team and other elements of the game. (so this time should be longer)

What do you think: 90 days in 1 real day is good? I want to play 30 seasons, in the first window the transfer market is closed so that the game speeds up faster: D additionally I turned off conferences in the middle of the season - I handed them over to the assistant
The following IRL days are approximately 40 INGAME days. This is because I spend about 6-7 hours away from work.

The worst thing is that I can hire a scut 5/5 xd playing in Northern Ireland lvl 3, so it should be normal xD
Saturdays and Sundays are the most loaded when it comes to the transition to the next day, often over 5-10 minutes waiting for the results to be processed, this way, I have time to read a book, study or turn on the movie on YT (although at the same time processing is taking place, so better to do on the phone)

The attached graphic shows what my assumptions are to play 30 full seasons until the next edition of FM (31 days to play every day)
I plan to start one more save, but with a better team because I have been doing this save on average since the middle of the season, I don't know what's wrong.
An additional advantage of a career in this league is that in the season we have 20 league games plus a few cup games (especially when we are weak), not 40+ as in most of the top leagues.
I plan to play in this location because in FM22 you can count on the youth ratio variables depending on the results in the cups, I want to make a power out of a weak league and the national team

What do you think about it?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb bluejoe561:

Hi daveincid

Do you have any updates on your fm22 preferences? 

I had a go at the beta but I'm now ready to dive into a save 

Cheers

Hi mate

Yes, it's currently at BETA-Stage and available on Patreon. Public release will be in the first week of December :)

Edit: If you mean my setup for leagues, this will also be available arround early December, as my focus is still 100% on my "Increase Realism"- Megapack ;)

Cheers

Edited by Daveincid

@Daveincid Looking to have a large database of players for my save. I have a i9 9900k so it was top end but not anymore.

From my tests, FM22 runs over a minute slower over just 1 month vs FM21 which is sad, but it still feels pretty quick. I was planning to load 30 playable leagues, would that be enough without adding extra players on top? The only extra players I have on top are loaded from all national teams. Maybe you could suggest an alternative option or do you think my plan is good?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

vor 1 Minute schrieb Gee_Simpson:

@Daveincid Looking to have a large database of players for my save. I have a i9 9900k so it was top end but not anymore.

From my tests, FM22 runs over a minute slower over just 1 month vs FM21 which is sad, but it still feels pretty quick. I was planning to load 30 playable leagues, would that be enough without adding extra players on top? The only extra players I have on top are loaded from all national teams. Maybe you could suggest an alternative option or do you think my plan is good? 

With that kind of CPU I always recommend loading player all over the world for the balance, so the same as the setups in FM21.

2 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

With that kind of CPU I always recommend loading player all over the world for the balance, so the same as the setups in FM21.

I worry about loading a small amount of leagues but then adding thousands of players as I read that it can flood the market with too many players meaning the transfer market is negatively affected, but maybe that's not the case?