Guardiola Sack Watch

15 of February. Thats how long he lasted, witch btw is a new record for any of my FM games and saves. How come this issue cant be fixed? Year after year, the best manager in the world\game with the best squad in the league is the first to get the boot. Why havent SI fixed this? or is it really just me who have this issue?

17 minutes ago, Linus_Shepard said:

15 of February. Thats how long he lasted, witch btw is a new record for any of my FM games and saves. How come this issue cant be fixed? Year after year, the best manager in the world\game with the best squad in the league is the first to get the boot. Why havent SI fixed this? or is it really just me who have this issue?

Definitely not just you, seems to happen on a lot of my saves too.

I don't know if his tendencies and attributes just don't work in the match engine? His teams aren't as dominant on FM when you play against them.

It's something that definitely should have been looked at by now, as I've had countless saves like yours where he's not even lasted one season.

I do play with Man Utd. but that really shouldent matter, right? I had some report from the beta, witch I did not play myself; that Liverpool and Man City was hitting the 90+points mark. But I have never seen it myself in any game\save. The other top teams drops point left right and center in the latest versions and dont manage 80p making you win the league by default. So was kind of exited about the prospect of a difficult challange. At 15 of Febuary Liverpool is sitting at nr 2 with 55p in 26games, making them hit 80p if they keep it up. I get that playing  as Man Utd will influence it to some degree, me taking points from them, but the rate at witch they (City, Liverpool) drop points from the 6-20 teams have been an issue for me for many games. I could start a new save, see if its a one off.

Interesting thread, considering tt's not been Long since the hasthtag #fraudiola used to be quite popular. But that's how Things go in Football (both directions). One Season you're invincible, then you're suddenly *****. 

That said, the ME clearly doesn't favor his style once again anyways. Just played Chelsea, and not only did they take the lead, they had more possessioni than City in their own backyard, lolz. :D 

edit: On a more serious note I would be tempted to write something About FM's AI, and how every time the AI is capable of doing something it must be the "AI cheating" according to your average FM'er, but I won't do that now. :D If an AI managed side seems "invincible" hard to beat to some (Liverpool this term, United a while ago), it's rage over the place supreme. Nothing to gain here probably for SI in upping the ante, sadly. 

Edited by Svenc

I don't know if some clubs are set to be more sack happy than others, but last year I noticed Mourinho, when he was still at United, could get away with a lot more than Guardiola while performing (far) worse. Guardiola had won the Carabao Cup, was in the FA Cup final and was still in the CL, but was fighting for 4th place: job insecure. Mourinho didn't win anything, was out of every competition and sat in 6th: job safe. Still, I don't think it's as bad as it was in FM17 and 18, where it was almost a guarantee he would be sacked in season 1. Same for Klopp back then by the way, who has been 'fixed' since.

I have also seen Guardiola getting sacked four hours after winning the CL, but that happened with other managers too.

It's not real life, it's a whole different parallel universe. Each and every save. 

We had people moaning at the game when the chap posted the YT video of 50 years into the future and the same teams were winning everything. 

One day, people will buy the game, install it, and just play and enjoy it for what it is, instead of over-reacting when Everton get 3 more corners in the game than in real life. 

No offence meant to the OP.  

8 minutes ago, Showerman said:

think this year is better for pep and his style

fm19 especially before the winter patch was a disgrace

Generally I feel like this game is good at creating realistic results. City and Liverpool are indeed uncatchable, as they should be looking at them IRL. I haven't seen anything crazy like top team in relegation battle, which was happening in FM19. 

As for Pep, he never made it through season 1 in FM19 in my saves, but in FM20 he stayed in Manchester until season 2023/24. Then he went to... Liverpool 

• 11 months later...

I always run 2 saves each year, I've noticed he's been sacked a few times. Klopp once or twice to, but other times they stay. In one of my FM20 saves, Pep took over at Liverpool & Klopp at City a few years after that.

The best way to check, would be running say 3 saves on hoilday to see what happens.

• 11 months later...

He won back to back Champions Leagues in the first two seasons for me, with Klopp's Liverpool winning the two league titles. 

Guardiola promptly left (job done I guess). Klopp then took over at City leaving the Liverpool job open for.... yep..... Guardiola.