Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I would say no as he holds Russian nationality.

That was what I thought when I signed him and two others, but all 3 are foreigners according to the game. My squad is that thin without these "foreigners" that I think I've ruined my save..... Not impressed.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the shortlist, yes, but I only use it when I'm at or near the foreign player limit (and it's been a long time since I was in that situation, not on FM13 at least), and withnail didn't think he was.

'

The rules in Russia mean that they are only considered as Russian if they can play for Russia nationally, as this guy is only available for Ukraine he is Foreign.

That's fair enough then. However, I do believe my scouts should then filter him (and others) out when I ask them to produce reports for Russians.

Quick question.

I am currently enjoying the game with a few challenges. I have a side in the Premier League, having taken it from newly promoted to the Blue Square North. I also have another save, the Big Club Small Country challenge on the go.

Now I want to try a Youth Products Only save. Where would you guys advise I do this? I do not want any of the "Big Five" of England, France, Germany, Italy or Spain as I have played there extensively. So, where would you go? Where is fun to play?

That's right although with youth facilities there doesn't appear to be many minimal (rented) but just minimal instead.

Thanks mate.

My new club will be the brilliantly named Chimney Corner in the Northern Irish third tier. Their Youth Facilities are listed as Minimal (Rented) so their facilities really are pants. :D

Predicted to finish 16th out of 16. :)

When catching up on threads today, I noticed someone mentioning having a soft spot for his first ever FM club, which has got me thinking about past clubs (to the point I might try drawing up a list of all the ones I can remember). Mine was Siracusa in the Italian Serie C2 (though I started off with England in my first ever save), and I was wondering what everyone else's first club was, if you can remember.

My first SI game was Championship Manager Italia. I started in Serie A with Cremonese, who were exceeding expectations in real life back then, finishing 9th with Andrea Tentoni up front. I used to love playing as them and I retain a huge soft spot for the club to this day. This was in 1992 on the Amiga. :D

Mine was Man Utd - I used to always play as them in earlier CMs, and was never one for any kind of career game where I moved around. Portsmouth were probably the team I first remember playing as seriously, but it all really started in an epic Stockport County save. Loved them so much I got one of their home strips delivered up.

Seriously cannot remember my first CM team as that was on the long gone days of CM3 or CM99/00, but the team I've probably got more attached to was Modena of Italy. Got a few long seasons out of them in a few FMs back (FM07 or 08, around that time), sadly think I just fell short of the Italian title then!

Unrelated, but what are folks using to upload their photos? I've used Photobucket, but they always (especially the league tables) seem to come out so small as to be unreadable when I post them in here.

My first club I managed with in FM 09, or World Soccer Manager as it was called here then :) I managed Braintree in the BSS and have ended up following them in real life now.

First ever club? Inter Milan on CM Italia (as they still had Bergkamp)

Throughout the years I've been Stevenage (CM01/02), Kristiansund BK (CM02/03), West Ham (CM03/04), Stevenage (FM05), Paris FC 2000 (FM07), Hamburg (FM08), Empoli (FM09), Sparta Rotterdam (FM10), Leiria (FM11) & Santarcangelo (FM12)

My first ever club was Plymouth on CM 97 IIRC. If they wasn't the first then they were certainly the second :D

Now i've left Skjold i'm undecided what way I want to go in my save now and rather than clog that up with more questions thought i'd ask here. I've got a few names in the hat that i'd like to manage but obviously there's no certainty of those jobs ever coming up, so wondering what approach others think would be the best to take? My 2 plans at the minute are

1) Take on a bottom division club and repeat what I managed at Skjold

2) A noisy neighbour challenge and take on a lesser side in whichever City/Town comes available (or region if there isn't a direct city rival)

*bonus option, just see where I end up :D

Derby County fans are dancing in the streets! :D

And Fylde :D (Yes I know, that's the point)

Sparta is one I think I forgot about, meaning I am at my 100th (subject to further rememberings) known FM club after all. Shame as I was hoping to be able to announce it beforehand. Maybe if I discount the 3 clubs from a tournament I ran on a forum a while back (where 2 people would do a season at the same, randomly selected club, by way of fixtures)...

I like the second idea too.

I kno... I think we're both on completely different books here, not just pages. Being Ipswich failing I decided to ignore the bottom of the table and refer to your winning team at the top.

Hi all. I have only recently visited this part of the forums, due to SRL88's new career thread, and was impressed with all the threads. I liked it so much so that I am considering starting my own career thread. My main question is how do you get the club badge up? Do you copy an image and upload it to somewhere like imageshack or is a copy and paste job. Any help would very much be appreciated.

P.S. apologies if this is the wrong area to ask but the rules thread didn’t seem to explain this point.

Archived