Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go on then i'll bite. How do we do this?

How to play an online versus match

First you need to export your current squad. That is done here.

If you want to host a versus game, choose 'Versus' from the start screen. Set up your tournament and then wait for people to join.

If you know someone else has set up a versus game, go to 'Join Online Game' from the start screen.

Create your manager, then when you choose your club select 'Import Team', you should see the team you exported.

Once enough people have joined, just continue and play your match.

Good game, you dominated as i expected but my shot conversion was far superior to yours :D. I was down to 10 men after the injury on the 62nd minute which probably didn't help my come back, still managed one goal though ;)

Happy with a 4-2 loss though, i haven't even won the Champions League yet!

Further to that, if anyone fancies testing something out for me I'd appreciate it. Has anyone got a top class team without any regens? If not, would anyone like to start a new game with a top side (like Barca etc.) and export the team and play against mine so I can see if the regens compare well with the original database players?

I just got my answer to this, someone just beat me 3-0 with an original Chelsea team.

Demba Ba got a hattrick :(

My first one was a dell, didn't last long. My sister had one that she still used for ages even though it was falling apart (the cable being the only thing connecting the screen to the rest of it). Had Sony Vaio´s ever since, and they´ve lasted much better.

I had a Sony Vaio that suffered a hard drive failure after less than 2 years.

Been using a Samsung R580 for about 3 years now and it's still chugging away (aside from my "R" key having come unattached)

I only ever start a new save if one of three things happen.

1. My save dies.

2. A new version of FM comes out that I prefer to change to than continue my previous version save.

3. I (have to) get a new computer. Even the last time this happened, when I got my current laptop, I transferred my save over.

I only ever start a new save if one of three things happen.

1. My save dies.

2. A new version of FM comes out that I prefer to change to than continue my previous version save.

3. I (have to) get a new computer. Even the last time this happened, when I got my current laptop, I transferred my save over.

Same, though I always transfer the save in the case of 3.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are, or experiences are with this sort of thing.

It appears my current South American game has developed a bug. In Season 1 in Chile I made the Cup final, but because the opposition were also in the Closing Stage Finals, and the Club World Champs, the Final was moved to January 1st, now in Chile the season changeover date is Dec 31st, so this has then meant the Copa Chile has not been scheduled for 2014.

Has anyone had an experience with this type of bug in the past, will the Cup be scheduled when 2015 rolls around? Or is it now bung forever?

What is the most international caps you have ever seen in a game?

In my save, Real Madrid have a 20 year old Costa Rican, with a Spanish passport, who has over 60 caps already. He is a beast and surely the greatest Central American ever.

Highest in mine is a Jamacian guy who has 188 caps at the age of 35

This bug has been around for a while, so hardly one to beat with the FM13 is awful stick. Personally I think it's around scheduling in the festive season. There's usually boxing day fixtures, and then ones on the Saturday either side where possible - games in hand may be fixed for mid-week, hence the situation above. Only a guess though.

This bug has been around for a while, so hardly one to beat with the FM13 is awful stick.

I merely commented that it is one of the most bugged FM releases ever, which it is. Whilst this is clearly a minor bug, I have had several saves ruined by game breaking bugs which has never happened before in previous versions. Hence my comment.

Have a good evening.

Edit - Taken out what may have been construed as rude, which was not my intention.

At least you got the right player. I remember reading in GD about someone who was looking for a target man, found an ideal player but found out when he signed him that he was actually a keeper.

Plus presumably you won't lose him on the same day you signed him. That happened to me with a Brazilian player on my last career, due to having to wait a couple of years for him to turn 18, the trouble is the way the game acts as if it's an immediate transfer in the contract screen, so the contract expiry date was set as the day he arrived. I have had a few cases of players having just a year left when they arrived, but that's the only time they've had no time left. I felt a complete wally when I realized, and actually admitted as such on the thread so everyone was free to laugh at me. I got him in the end, but only after a couple of years and rather more money than I'd have paid otherwise, simply because I felt it was only right to get him back somehow.

Is it 'sad' that I got excited when I uploaded a gif to imgur 2 days ago and saw it today and it had 300,000 views?

No. I had the same on Twitter a while ago when I tweeted a joke about the American gun lobby and it went viral. A well known American radio host (well known the Americans, I haven't a clue who he is (I can't even remember his name!)) retweeted me and so did many others. I was chuffed to bits. Lol.

Answers on a postcard for this one please.

In my current save, this is my Christmas schedule. Please note, I have no fixture congestion as I made an early exit from the Capital One Cup. Why do I have games on successive days?

afcfyldefixturesschedul.png

Won't the whole league be playing on those days? If so, it's the same for all clubs.

Archived