Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Its his code, he owns the copyright to it. It's not like he's using SI code. It works in the very similar way to apps on smartphones, they need to use various API's to work they NEED the smartphone but its fine for them to cost.

I do E-Business and am going into technical consulting and have done IT law and copyright, this is kind of my thing and I care about it quite a lot :D

Very good point indeed, good way of looking at it. I did a few classes in Computer Law as part of my degree, but I was truly, truly awful at it. Didn't enjoy that side at all, but full respect to those who can get any kind of degree or work on the law side. Soooo much reading to do, the sort that bores me to tears

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish more of my degree was based around e business but sadly it's not :(

On a side note I think I have found a bug, my manager is still on an amateur contract even though I have asked for a new contract and the club has been professional for 2 years, would anyone have anything against me giving myself a 1 year contract for £100 p/w so the board can offer me a proper one in a year?

Just wondering guys, am I okay to make a career update thread in here if it's a career i'm running on FM10, or is this forum for FM13 careers only? It won't be anything fancy (i'm not too fussed if it doesn't garner much/any interest), it'd just be cool to have somewhere to keep an update of a European-type challenge i'm trying to do on 10.

Just wondering guys, am I okay to make a career update thread in here if it's a career i'm running on FM10, or is this forum for FM13 careers only? It won't be anything fancy (i'm not too fussed if it doesn't garner much/any interest), it'd just be cool to have somewhere to keep an update of a European-type challenge i'm trying to do on 10.

It can be any FM so please feel free. :)

I would start your title with [FM10] so people know. :)

changing topic slightly could do with any advice,

been for a job and been told that i may not be offered the job due to:

A) my length of notice work wouldn't let me leave earlier than 4 weeks.

b) a holiday that's booked and paid for. in a few weeks

A) They clearly don't want to wait for the right person if they are not prepared for the right person to serve their notice at their current employers, and 4 weeks is standard in most 'worthwhile' roles.

B) They have to honour any holidays already booked.

Hey guys, anyone know why I can't create a new thread in the forum? When I go to preview or post my thread, I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server.

Is that just an error the forums are experiencing at the moment, or do I need a certain number of posts or something? The little box at the bottom of the screen says I'm authorised to post new threads, so... I dunno. :/

I wrote it all directly into the reply box initially, copied and pasted into Notepad and saved it. Then got the error from the forum. Then I tried again a few times by copy/pasting. So I wasn't C+Ping originally, but I have been the last few times.

Edit: Aha! It let me post a new topic if I just wrote something short. Then I edited the post with the C+P'd update. Seems to work that way. Thanks for the idea!

Edit: No, wait, that didn't work either. It seems any time I C+P, it refuses to post, reply, edit or anything. Hmph, I'm not writing the bloody thing out again... maybe it's a browser issue...

A reply I got from a senior mod:

Probably a software glitch that will be resolved by loggong off and logging back in. He has already posted a thread in GD today, so its not his post count.

Thanks for the speedy replies, guys. :)

Re-logging in, even with a different browser, didn't help. It seems to be a problem with posting text that I've pasted into the reply box, rather than with the actual creation of a new thread (as I managed that earlier even in this same forum).

I think it's just the 'source' editor.

I pasted an update and tried to preview it, as before. No good.

Then I removed all the formatting. It worked fine.

Then I copied the unformatted post into the WYSIWYG editor and re-added the exact same formatting, even the pictures, using the editor's tools, and it seems to work fine.

So I think it's just the Source editor which is broken and has issues with pasting.

im not playing fm as much as ive strangly got myself hooked on Euro Truck Simulator 2

Same here, but with Crusader Kings 2. Think Daz is playing it as well?

Also, I'm moving house in about 10 days. Heading down to the twin cities of Laughlin, Nevada/Bullhead City, Arizona. Damn near 45 degrees every day in the summer, but I'll be less than a 2-hour drive to Las Vegas. :cool:

Its not bad, I am 500 or so in with 47% (IIRC) but I am now pretty much dominating my league

I was about that at 500. Since getting to prem though its been really hard especially with hardly any money to improve the squad. highest i have finished in prem was 5th. qualified for Europa and won it amazingly.

I'm at 59% with Salamanca (just over 100 games in charge), but that's mostly due to our season in the Spanish 2nd tier where we only lost a couple of games. Since promotion i've won just about half of my games in all competitions.

On my other save (Everton, Sunderland, Crystal Palace) i've won 62% of my 1,500 or so games. Only a 41% win ratio at Palace, however.

That's not surprising with a one club career I guess once you reach the top there won't be many seasons where you don't win the vast majority of your matches!

How many more seasons do you think your current save will last?

So, question for the journeyman types among you (I play a lot of journeyman games, might turn one into a thread if/when Boavista goes tits up. :p). What's the worst job you've ever accepted? I mean, a job where you turn up for work and realise for the first time the scale of the problem, and think "so THAT'S why the previous guy got sacked...".

I've just accepted a job as Osasuna B, comfortably mid-table and expecting nothing more than that this season, I figured it'd be easy enough after being relegated from C2/A in embarrassing fashion.

Then it dawned on me. Not counting unregistered players (the window has closed, it's March) and players currently injured for longer than two weeks, we have 13 players.

Five of them are strikers who can't play anywhere else.

Three are goalkeepers (you're only allowed two, but one is under 18 so is 'free').

I have two centrebacks, but one prefers to play on the right. I have a rightback but he's the worst player in the squad. I have no natural leftbacks. I have a left winger and a right winger... but they're the same person. And finally, one central midfielder.

Failing a revolutionary 3-2-5 formation with two goalkeepers (or perhaps a lose interpretation of the term 'sweeper'), there'll be a lot of players out of position here...

And to top it all, despite the dearth of players, we're still £6k a week over the wage budget!

Probably Xolos Tijuana on FM 10, it was part of an initiative on a forum to get people playing in lesser-played countries (we were split between Uruguay and Mexico so went for both). Not quite a proper journeyman on the style of a main save of mine but I had moved on from elsewhere. What wage budget there was was taken up by just a few (admitedly very good) players, mostly in defence. The rest of the squad were youngsters, and very poor at that. I understand that now Xolos have become a rich and reasonably good Premier Division club, but that's pretty far removed from what I got back then. It took months before I got my first and only win (which I celebrated like a CL win) in what was a disaster from the start.

Hey guys, quick question. I'm getting a new computer (thank god) on Wednesday and I was thinking of holding off on a journeyman/career save til then so I could have more capacity. I'm dying to start it now though. Can a save be put on a USB drive or something like that and used on a different machine?

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask in btw. Its technical but also pertains slightly to careers lol.

Thanks!

Gah. Very frustrated with FM right now, I've not been able to get on it for what feels like weeks thanks to real life, and when I do come back to my only save since I've had FM13 I have crash dump issues.

Need to get my mojo back, which might take a fresh save. Leaning towards starting in the bottom tier in Sweden for the first time in an LLM type game as I've read many people are struggling in the lower leagues. Nothing like a real struggle to get me back into the game! Anybody in the midst of a similar career?

Archived