Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone recommend any good English step 3 & 4 leagues add-on?

Last I heard, Uncle Ron was unable to put out his excellent and highly reliable add-on for FM13 due to real life commitments.

Has anyone else produced a step 3 and 4 download of the same kind of quality?

I have a save in mind that I'd quite like to try starting with a particular club at step 4.

Last I heard, Uncle Ron was unable to put out his excellent and highly reliable add-on for FM13 due to real life commitments.

It's been released as the EEE update (or something similar) in the sub forum of the Editor's Hideaway.

The one that I (and several others I've noticed) use is here:

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm13-data-england-level-9-plus-real-club-and-competition-names.html

It seems pretty awesome to me, but to be fair I don't really know much about the leagues that far down to be able to tell...

Thanks for that. I'll check it out. Perhaps it will meet with my ridiculously and stupidly high expectations as a Non-League nerd! ;)

It's been released as the EEE update (or something similar) in the sub forum of the Editor's Hideaway.

Thanks Nobby, I'll check that out then. Heading over to the Editor's Hideaway now. :thup:

Is it still by Uncle Ron then? I guess I'll find out when I manage to locate the thread over at EH.

By the way, has anyone been playing the FM Classic mode on FM13? Either for a quick fix or for their main career save?

I'm curious as I might give it a try. I've been struggling to get going on FM13 over the last couple of weeks and I think maybe a new casual save on FMC, with its quicker style, might be worth a shot to get me back into FMing mode.

By the way, has anyone been playing the FM Classic mode on FM13? Either for a quick fix or for their main career save?

I'm curious as I might give it a try. I've been struggling to get going on FM13 over the last couple of weeks and I think maybe a new casual save on FMC, with its quicker style, might be worth a shot to get me back into FMing mode.

It's ok, the skin is nice but you might find it difficult not having a 'full say' on things. It significantly reduces what you have to do. Which is good for people with less time, prefer the older games. But I didn't like the fact I didn't have full control.

I agree with the first response, I never loan aside from players offered by a parent club, probably because I think it's rather short-term, and I like to build gradually and in a longer-term way. Nothing wrong with it (I do think Watford are abusing it rather a lot right now but that's hardly illegal) but that's just my preference, stability and a more long-term outlook. Anyway the second is just stupid. The sort of anti-logic you only get with club boards and chairmen.

I agree with the first response, I never loan aside from players offered by a parent club, probably because I think it's rather short-term, and I like to build gradually and in a longer-term way. Nothing wrong with it (I do think Watford are abusing it rather a lot right now but that's hardly illegal) but that's just my preference, stability and a more long-term outlook. Anyway the second is just stupid. The sort of anti-logic you only get with club boards and chairmen.

I have no issue being turned down for the first response. It is the second one I am highlighting.

I have no issue being turned down for the first response. It is the second one I am highlighting.

I know, just pointing out contrast between the sense of the first and nonsense of the second.

It'd probably be all right if you had all leagues from Italy, Spain and England. That is, if you wanted a mainsteam Europe style career. That should provide a decent amount of variation.

Obviously, it's never going to offer as many choices as a normal game where you can load a ton of leagues though. But that said, I have to confess that when I have a career, I usually end up managing in just a few countries anyway despite my intentions to travel the world! When I look through other people's careers, it's often the same too!

Struggling to get into a save now my Asia save has hit the rocks. I was wondering whether any of you would be able to recommend me and English side from either League 1, 2 or the BSP. Where fudns could be tight and where I'd have to wheel and deal. Not Barnet though. Or Accrington.

Struggling to get into a save now my Asia save has hit the rocks. I was wondering whether any of you would be able to recommend me and English side from either League 1, 2 or the BSP. Where fudns could be tight and where I'd have to wheel and deal. Not Barnet though. Or Accrington.

AFC Telford. No money, favourites for relegation...but have decent facilities for that level.

Tesco says as low as £3.64 :D

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technology-gaming/usb-flash-drives/cat3374732.cat

Oh, and yes, you do just shove it in, copy and paste your save game file and there you are

Or use the internet
Make sure you buy one which is big enough to hold your save on though.

Thanks guys.

How much would I need, size wise?

I told you I was not technically minded! :D

Daz, check the PC thread in GD.

I know most people despise GD. But, the laptop thread in there really helped and the website I got mine off was good. How much you looking to spend? If you haven't already purchased it?

Edit: You said computer. Still might be worth asking in the laptop thread. welshace and others seem to know their stuff.

Daz, check the PC thread in GD.

I know most people despise GD. But, the laptop thread in there really helped and the website I got mine off was good. How much you looking to spend? If you haven't already purchased it?

Edit: You said computer. Still might be worth asking in the laptop thread. welshace and others seem to know their stuff.

Thanks mate, I will take a look.

Ideally, I want to spend around £800 but I can stretch to £1,200 if required. Definite computer as I despise laptops. Not bought one yet.

Cool, I'm not technically minded and whilst my brother hopefully will be in a few years, he's still at the learning stage. So when I needed a new laptop at Christmas, I'd already been looking in there and asking questions and asking welshace. Eventually one was suggested and a I got it.

Archived