Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Dell, get the f*** away. I will spec you one when I get home, if you want to build it its a touch cheaper and as long as you have greater intelligence than a chimp you'll be fine. If you want it prebuilt I can get you one much better for less

Daz: Cheaper than Dell, slightly less RAM (you honestly only need 8GB unless you are rendering videos but I gave you 16) but everything else is far better: http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/583095

Nothing wrong with Dell. I have a Dell laptop, recommended in the GD thread, and its excellent. To be fair I timed it in a sale so I got a good deal.

My first one was a dell, didn't last long. My sister had one that she still used for ages even though it was falling apart (the cable being the only thing connecting the screen to the rest of it). Had Sony Vaio´s ever since, and they´ve lasted much better.

For laptops dell are fine, for desktops they are horrendous, the poor quality of the motherboards, power supplies and wiring lets them down. If you do it yourself or get it from an enthusiast site then you will get a much higher quality machine that won't end up wearing out after 2 years

Right gents, opinions needed please. This is my current striker, playing the lone striker role:

Paupol Ngoyi

Is it worth selling him (I think I could get £35m for him, with interest from Real and City) in order to supplant him with Hervin Ongenda - who is transfer listed for £20m...? Whoever I go for, I'd play them as a Treq in the lone striker position.

I think I know which decision I'm leaning towards, but would like to get some second opinions :). Cheers.

Haha FM solves the problem for me in moments:

ongenda_zpse52e2505.png

I was leaning towards staying with Ngoyi in any case, just a bit thrown by him misfiring in the league this season. Feel free to ignore my intrusion :D

Haha FM solves the problem for me in moments:

ongenda_zpse52e2505.png

I was leaning towards staying with Ngoyi in any case, just a bit thrown by him misfiring in the league this season. Feel free to ignore my intrusion :D

I would have said Ngoyi, he has very good aerial ability which would allow him to play the Target Man position pretty easy I would think whereas Ongenda would not be so good at that role.

FM has an odd way of making decisions for us!

Agreed, although I do use a Trequartista there so it's more about the movement than the aerial ability. Either way, all said and done now and I'll probably try to bring a youngster through instead :thup:

The First Annual FMCU Championships Discussion Thread - to avoid clogging up this thread any further, has anyone else tried out the export team/versus mode? I've just had a couple of matches against b101 and it is rather good.

If anyone fancies a one off match, let me know. I can post instructions if needed.

Further to that, if anyone fancies testing something out for me I'd appreciate it. Has anyone got a top class team without any regens? If not, would anyone like to start a new game with a top side (like Barca etc.) and export the team and play against mine so I can see if the regens compare well with the original database players?

How to play an online versus match

First you need to export your current squad. That is done here.

If you want to host a versus game, choose 'Versus' from the start screen. Set up your tournament and then wait for people to join.

If you know someone else has set up a versus game, go to 'Join Online Game' from the start screen.

Create your manager, then when you choose your club select 'Import Team', you should see the team you exported.

Once enough people have joined, just continue and play your match.

Hey, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but i've just started reading this forum and I'm loving the work! I'm thinking of starting my own thread but am already about 10 years into my save, would a quick roundup of the previous seasons at the beginning of the thread, and then pick up from where i currently am be a good way of going or would I be better off trying to start up a new save and kick it off from the very beginning?

Hey, apologies if this is in the wrong thread but i've just started reading this forum and I'm loving the work! I'm thinking of starting my own thread but am already about 10 years into my save, would a quick roundup of the previous seasons at the beginning of the thread, and then pick up from where i currently am be a good way of going or would I be better off trying to start up a new save and kick it off from the very beginning?

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, if I were you, I would put an entry for each season completed so far and then go from there. :)

You injured my star player too :D

Seeing as it was a one off match I didn't mind leaving him on the pitch with 48% condition.

Haha I was wondering why he played on.

It will be good to have a rematch in a few seasons time as my side will be so much better. Average age of my team is 21, with seven teenagers in the first XI.

Yeah that would be ok. Personally, people have done that before. Not updated for the first 10/15 seasons until they definitely feel they're into the save. Some people only update at the end of the season, so you could get away with doing a league table, league positions graph, transfers and that's it. Then when you get up to date, either continue with the same format but add more information or not for transfers, finances and fixtures maybe. Or do montly or 6 monthly updates with similar information.

Is that the same side you used against me? That welsh AM was just ridiculous!

No, I used the side from 11 years earlier which was when I was only using players who came through the youth system.

You played my new team that was mostly bought, which I think was a lot better. Especially David Speed.

For some reason all my player values have gone down to about 10% what they were so now i don't have anyone worth more than 2million. Very annoying and i have no idea why its happened. Any ideas? League rep has just gone from 14th to 10th in Europe so it cant be that.

Archived