FM09 Preview-code

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- When starting a game you can add favorite personel.

I really like this one. Never heard it mentioned before.

- Arrows now only go forward or backwards.

So you could combine forward runs often with a farrow? Seems a bit conflicting and I thought that's what they wanted to remove.

- The Polish site claims they could tell no difference in the transfer market. Comp still buys players for twice their value from other comp teams, while it's a miracle to sell your own AND you could still use exploits.

That's a downer. I thought the transfer system was completely rewritten. Hope it's fixed in the final release.

Not true. It says that market is really lively and it's not a problem to sell a player. What is more you can't use exploits.

The rest of you summary is ok :)

Ahh, I was close. Well, close as in 'completely backwards'. ;)

Just noticed someone found a translation about two posts after I started reading the original. Bah. At least the rest of the summary is ok, my Polish isn't half as bad as I thought it was :)

Not true. It says that market is really lively and it's not a problem to sell a player. What is more you can't use exploits.

The rest of you summary is ok :)

That's what i wanted FM to be like :D I hope prices are more realistic and that users and AI are treated the same. I often saw AI getting great deals like Mutu always going to arsenal for 50M€ but if i was fiorentina they would never offer that.

thanks for that miles i wouldnt pay attention to this dutch crap the demo will be out in a week or 2 we can all see for ourselfs and answer all our questions we have been asking. im really looking forward as ever to the latest fm and think the game will be amazing as ever thanks to everyone at SI Games. less than 1 month to go

That's what i wanted FM to be like :D I hope prices are more realistic and that users and AI are treated the same. I often saw AI getting great deals like Mutu always going to arsenal for 50M€ but if i was fiorentina they would never offer that.

I almost always saw Mutu go to Arsenal too. almost every savegame I have started, that has happened in first transfer window for around 33M Pounds which I guess is similar to 50M Euros

Those pictures, especially of the 3D match presentation look superb. I am impatiently waiting for the demo and November 14th. I am optimistic and I'm sure SI will deliver like usual so those "preview code" postings aren't bothering me, at least not much.

Thanks for sharing those new features to those who posted the translated versions, it was appreciated.

• SI Staff
Those two screenshots look good.

The 3d engine looks even better, and better pitch textures.

I've hated the last user interface, but this one looks like it's been improved immensley and looks very good. I like the silverly look to it

Well the original screenshots were work in progress and a hell of a lot of work has gone into it since then :)

Well the original screenshots were work in progress and a hell of a lot of work has gone into it since then :)

I mean no disrespect but I've never been a fan of the FM skins over the last few years for one reason or another.

But from what I've seen you've done a very good job on this skin.

:D

I still don't like the black beveled look button though, but spose that's just nitpicking.

I'd love to see a frosty or snowy pitch though in 3d engine.

• SI Staff
I mean no disrespect but I've never been a fan of the FM skins over the last few years for one reason or another.

But from what I've seen you've done a very good job on this skin.

:D

I still don't like the black beveled look button though, but spose that's just nitpicking.

I'd love to see a frosty or snowy pitch though in 3d engine.

Well of course everyone isn't going to like it. It's a team effort though and isn't down to any individual to take the credit. :)

lovin the new traffic light system
The skin looks much darker now. I actually like it now. Also the button bar on top doesn't look like a giant ***** anymore. Dr. Freud will be pleased with the progress Ter has made :).

Little changes make pleasant improvements. The "traffic light system" is one feature I really liked in the FML Beta and I'm glad it's come over to the stand-alone game. I hope there are others. Even that default skin looks noticably sharper. Well done!

From his comments it seems this version is so dated and buggy that the whole preview doesn't even matter. There were often 2 balls on the pitch and he couldn't even load a saved game. That doesn't sound like it would be anywhere near the final code. I wonder though, why would SI hand out such a horrible version to the gaming press, surely they must know that could only harm the anticipation of FM09? Or it must be a leaked version, in which case this whole preview is illegal. It would be nice if someone from SI could comment on this.

Two balls on the pitch at the same time is one of FM09's new features

Could anyone explain to me what that "traffic light system is all about"? I don't want to get the game, go into tactics, and just click randomly to bring out different colours just for the fun of it! :p

It means:

Green: player well suited to the position he is in

Amber/yellow: He is not well suited but it's not his worst position

Red: Isn't suited to the position

Hope you get me

Archived