It means:

Green: player well suited to the position he is in

Amber/yellow: He is not well suited but it's not his worst position

Red: Isn't suited to the position

Hope you get me

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every thing on the pictures look so dlean and crisp. even the skin, i didnt like last years white skin but this skin is so clean and crisp on the eye, im well impressed :)

do the 3D players legs move when they run? Can you see them actually taking a dive in the pen area via 3D

what does the traffic light things do?
every thing on the pictures look so dlean and crisp. even the skin' date=' i didnt like last years white skin but this skin is so clean and crisp on the eye, im well impressed :)

do the 3D players legs move when they run? Can you see them actually taking a dive in the pen area via 3D[/quote']

Im sure on the shortlist.com video you can vaguely see there legs moving and SI have worked very hard on animations so I am sure both of these will be in the game :thup:

the only thing that worries me is something in the english one posted - that there's no way to 'ffwd' through the parts of the game you don't watch you can only change the pace of everything?

that would really bug me, I always have match speed full and highlight speed normal cos otherwise matches take too long :( Ter? Paul? Miles? please deny it! lol tell me it's as it was

To answer each of these points individually...

The preview code was from roughly 5 weeks ago. The latter stage of development is all about fixing bugs, so that will always be the main change from preview to review. In a preview, things like that shouldn't be mentioned (in my opinion) because if the reader is unaware of the dev process, it's sensationalitic. If the journalists thinks the same when he has review code (which will be the same code as goes in the box - we don't let anyone do previews with non-gold code) then he should be talking about it then, with online reviews hitting before the game is out.

The match engine itself has not changed because of 3d. It's the same match engine, just visible in 3d.

The assistant manager gives feedback to you - it's up to you what you do with it. He's not going to give you all the answers, otherwise you may as well let him play the matches for you.

The only time questions are asked more than once in a press conference is if you have given an answer the journalist isn't happy with, or if you have been contradictory. The question is changed to reflect this. I have no reports of multiple press conference questions outside these parameters from QA, or any offsite testers.

The only loading screens are at the start of the game, and when the 3d match view is loading up. So you'll see these every match. As was the case with 2d previously - the graphics have to draw somehow!

The data in that build is old. And I don't know if he's talking about transfer fees, or the fees clubs have to pay, which are, of course, different things. Or which clubs fees were from and to, or which league. I haven't seen any issues personally in this area for a while now.

The injury module has hardly changed since FM2008. Sounds like he got unlucky, or was overplaying his players/training them too hard or something.

Still, everyone is welcome to their own opinion - the best way, as always, to tell whether you think the game is good enough for you to part with your hard earnerd cash is to play the demo when it comes out, which will, as always, be well before the release of the game.

It was me who wrote the Dutch preview actually. It's cool to see some feedback from the developer :)

Anyway, the screenshots in the article are the ones in the press release. The preview-code was the one I got from SEGA, but Miles already pointed that out.

About the mentioned points:

- As I said in the preview, most of the bugs were little things that were perfect in other FM's so I don't doubt that they'll be gone in the final game.

- About the match engine: I guess that's just me then.

- I really loved the introduction of match feedback in the game, and it was actually pretty helpful. The only problem I encountered was that, whatever tactic or personal play instructions I used, I kept getting the "the space between defence in midfield is too big"-message.

- I know that some questions get repeated when the manager isn't getting into a subject, but in two cases (both when playing as AC Milan) I actually got question asked twice, while I already answered them.

- I didn't get loading screens, but longer loading times inbetween screens compared to FM 08, especially when returning to the Manager Overview. Maybe my PC's getting older ;) but I'm still playing FM 08 daily without any trouble.

- The transfer fees were actually a weird bug I think. When bidding for a player and clicking on his value to bid that exact amount of money, the amount was about two million (Euros) higher in the field were I put in my bid. When I confirm my bid, it's the same amount as his real value though. When I manually put in the higher amount, I actually bid that higher amount.

- About the injuries: Every player with an injury from the start (see defence of Internazionale for instance) seemed to have a standard injury-time of two months. Every player that got injured after that, was to be out for at least one month, usually two months. I think it didn't have anything to do with overworking them, as I didn't change anything to the already fixed training schedules at that time and I got the problem at multiple clubs.

Anyway, I'm really REALLY looking forward to playing the final version as I am every year, and I'm confident that all the small bugs will be gone by then.

I got a call today by the way to have a chance to interview Miles, sucks that I'm on vacation than :( I'm a long time fan of the series and have been playing since CM 2 back in the day, so I'm really bummed to miss the chance to talk to the man in person.

i've seen 2 balls on the pitch in real life. player gets the ball for a throw in, ball boy throws an extra ball in, and then the ref had to stop the game.

This happened between Sunderland v Leeds (26/12/2006) when Leeds were attacking when the ref stopped play. Sunderland then counter-attack 'forcing' Gus Poyet to throw a ball onto the pitch tomstop us (SAFC) scoring. He was duly sent off.

what does the traffic light things do?

A guy has already explained this a couple of posts above

Green means-player is suited to the certain position

Yellow/Orange means-not the players natural position but is comfortable there

Red means-player will not be comfortable playing in that position

Archived