FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update 16.3 is now out gonna start a new save shortly :)

Gonna be starting mine too...hoping to find a nice formation that works for me also. I like to play with 4 up top (striker and 2 wingers plus amc) but then the midfield is lacking and overrun. I'm sure I'll figure something out!

I am liking the look of Rossiter and Chirivella!

For the first time in a few editions, may start a Liverpool save.. always felt bogged down with the over paid mediocre players in the team before, which never took my fancy.

But seeing some of the under 21 squads players... might have to bring in a new age of bringing homegrown (ish) talent through:

Ilori

Gomez

Wisdom

Teixeira

Ojo

Ward

Smith

Rossiter

Stewart

Williams

Awoniyi

Chirivella

Sinclair

Philips

They all look decent.

A Liverpool save definitely seems ideal for me as a side project to my main Sunderland save. Could use it to test tactics I've been using for Sunderland and could finally release my first ever set of them. :lol:

edit: A potential transfer target for you guys could be Jordan Pickford. He looks tremendous in the update, potential future England #2 for sure.

Screenshot time:

Ward got upgraded

mRsiz08.png

But Mignolet went down

xsMNngD.png

Flanagan got changed around a little

xhfjQan.png

Gomez got upgraded a little (determination might be random)

sWVNo7Y.png

Kolo got changed

54gJ34k.png

Can took a hit

Rbhrvgw.png

Rossiter has improved

KVIgycY.png

Wow, Lallana

Y0qmFEU.png

Oh, no, Stturridge

2bkPL0q.png

Firmino too

W8H1Hlf.png

Approaching my 4th season. Been pretty successful so far. Won everything except the FA Cup. It's that time where I need to renew contracts and the team have ridiculous demands.

Jordan Henderson - £215k from £105k- He's currently 29. Good player, but I have a personal preference towards Ajer in the B2B role. Listed as a club legend.

Geronimo Rulli - £190k from £70k - 27 years old. First choice ahead of Scuffet whose not really developed.

Nathaniel Clyne - £180k from £75k - 28 years old. Well ahead in the pecking order with only Flanagan as his competition.

Julian Weigl - £140k from £90k - The only one I am reluctantly agreeing too.

Roberto Firmino - £170k from £100k. Been really bad in the WM(A) (with IF(A) instructions) over the last 2 years.

What would you all do? Renew / Sell at a cut cost price? I'm not really wanting to give in to their demands as none of them are really worth the money they are asking for.

Approaching my 4th season. Been pretty successful so far. Won everything except the FA Cup. It's that time where I need to renew contracts and the team have ridiculous demands.

Jordan Henderson - £215k from £105k- He's currently 29. Good player, but I have a personal preference towards Ajer in the B2B role. Listed as a club legend.

Geronimo Rulli - £190k from £70k - 27 years old. First choice ahead of Scuffet whose not really developed.

Nathaniel Clyne - £180k from £75k - 28 years old. Well ahead in the pecking order with only Flanagan as his competition.

Julian Weigl - £140k from £90k - The only one I am reluctantly agreeing too.

Roberto Firmino - £170k from £100k. Been really bad in the WM(A) (with IF(A) instructions) over the last 2 years.

What would you all do? Renew / Sell at a cut cost price? I'm not really wanting to give in to their demands as none of them are really worth the money they are asking for.

Personally I think that's a hell of a lot. I guess it depends on your finances too.

I don't disagree, it is pretty hilarious to lose 6-0 at home.

I was playing a 4-2-3-1 with the AMR as a ST/DLF as an experiment for some games. Let's just say it didn't go so well. Was sitting 15th and the board calling for my head. After that game I changed my tactics immediately to a more stable 4-3-3 with a DM. That game was one of those games where the opposing team gets one goal and then just doesn't stop scoring. They converted every single chance.

I've been struggling A LOT with injuries though and I could barely get a team together with the likes of Sinclair, Brannagan and Williams starting, so it was essentially a C-team but we shouldn't lose like that though.

It's getting better after I changed but I'm still not quite happy. I'm trying to not play with my OP tactic that has worked in every single save as I want some variety and try new players. I'll continue tweaking and we'll see at the end of the season how it goes...

I've not really played much FM16 so I was keen to start a 16.3 game. I think I'm as far as December so far.

For transfers I got rid of Enrique to Swansea for 3.6 mil and bought Rubén Duarte for 7.75 (release clause)

I've also tied up a deal for some Greek dude called Kostas Fostinas (I think) for about 7 mil

I'm in the top 4 but I don't seem to have played many of the big teams and I think I'm on target to go through the the Europa group stage which is good.

In terms of the squad

Mingolet - I'll stick with him until I have a decent transfer budget to get someone in, not a high priority but something that does need resolving.

Full backs - all good, could do with Flanno coming back

Centre backs - my preference seems to be Lovern/Sakho - obviously Matip will come in so will probably let Toure go. Not even touched Caulker

Centre mids - Lucas and Can seem to get sent off a lot so need to address my tactic - I upset Lucas by rejecting a PSG bid. Hendo is fine and Joe Allen can step in when needed but I'll probably change at least one of these players before next season (Joe for Lucas Romero I hope)

Attacking Mids - Coutinho has been relatively quiet and I really can't get anything out of Firminho or Lallana. Ibe is a good inside forward and I seem to be doing well with Milner as a defensive winger

Strikers - all hopeless. :D

Sturridge says he wants to play more so I said you're not ready after injury.

He says he knows his body and is ready to play so I start him as everyone else is poo.

He didn't even last the first half. :(

I am debating weather to try Ibe up front

Been doing much better with the new tactics (could barely be doing worse than I was though) and then this happens against the team occupying 20th place in the league...

b3a8a1afebd69b0b8344dc146b8da84c.png

I'm thinking of abandoning my usual playstyle of using current lineups as much as I can and just buy a shitton of good players and buy my way to victory.

I'm close to getting sacked if I didn't beat Everton I would get sacked I won that game but have a feeling I won't last much longer.If I started again I'm gonna disable the transfers in season 1 & add a file which disables all transfers up to March 2016 making the game realistic

After a busy weekend finally had some time to play the new save. Started with disabled transfers for the first window and settled on a 4-4-1-1 tactic.

First match against Manchester United and of course I have many players side-lined with injury. Along with Sturridge and Hendo, Coutinho and Lallana (who will be out for half a year) were unavailable. I start with Ibe and Milly manning the flanks and...

hyM27GI.png

I guess Firmino is still class after the downgrade. Great performance against a strong United team. Rooney and Mata, who typically cause me problems were silent and a only a strong showing from De Gea meant the match wasn't over after the first half.

Gonna start a save with Liverpool in the hope it will kickstart my love again for the premier league..

Don't hate me, I will be overhauling the squad if I can and using the youth as much as possible.

As a fan, an overhaul to the current squad is much overdue. Haven't advanced much in the save so far, but Ibe and Ojo looks cracking, make sure to give them a run!

Started a new save with 16.3 as my main save (unemployed, no badges/experience) went tits up after going to a relegated Newcastle who's players all wanted to leave.

Released a lot of youth players and overhauled my backroom staff.

5c9dacc9c6dd67db3b5755637bcaf7fa.png

Dragowski is a long term back up to hopefully Rulli if I can get hold of him on a bosman

Diakhate was recommended by a new scout I brought in, looks a bright box-to-box

Bentacur recommended the same, sort of a Milner type all rounder CM or RM

Enrique to go was a no-brainer

4 games gone and I've won 3, all at home, scoring 8 and conceding 0.

Lost my only away game so far against Utd, Rooney ripping my to pieces

Why have Firmino, Can and Sturridge taken hits!? Makes 0 sense. Firmino has been in excellent form and has a good goals and assists return in what's his first season in England.

Sturridge is injury prone but still class when he plays, why reduce his stats?

Can I've never been a big fan of but is now looking decent and is a regular starter.

Can actually didn't took a massive hit, more hardworking and team player and better tackling and dribbling. Doing really good for me. And I'm unhappy about Robbie F to, but he improves quickly atleast (and scores and assist for me).

The one that most disappoint me (along with Firmino) is Lallana. Really proving himself recently.

Crazy eh, not had a look but I'm betting none of Chelsea's players took a hit, nor probably have United's

Could understand Benteke taking a hit, but Sturridge is harsh, for his injury proneness to go up may be fair but still to knock him down...

In January I did a few deals.

Can and Allen went

Kostas Fortinas (sp), Lucas Romero & Julian Brandt in

I also didn't allow the renewal of Jordan Rossiter's Loan as the coaches seem to think he has mega potential and I need a CDM that is happy to only get the odd game :D

I have quite a big squad now so looking forward to trim the fat and bringing in some better players, it's close but I think I'll get top 4 so that will help!

The difficult bit I think will be home grown balance. A few decent prospects though so fingers crossed.

Played my first game of the season at Home against Man Utd. Won 2-1, thankfully. Was 1-0 down but managed to do it. Gave Rossiter about 25 to 30 mins and he did well. He will be a regular sub in most of my games I think and will probably start games against so called 'lesser opposition'. Really excited for this save and wanting to integrate Ojo and Rossiter into the team.

Played my first game of the season at Home against Man Utd. Won 2-1, thankfully. Was 1-0 down but managed to do it. Gave Rossiter about 25 to 30 mins and he did well. He will be a regular sub in most of my games I think and will probably start games against so called 'lesser opposition'. Really excited for this save and wanting to integrate Ojo and Rossiter into the team.

Which season are you in?

I have just started my third season in an online game, have started to introduce Ojo who is looking good, although tires quickly, so until that is rectified, he'd make a fine sub + some rotational purposes.

Have earmarked him to replace Milner next season.

Rossiter, however, still looks a bit away from playing regularly for me personally. Will probably look to bring him in regularly next season.

Which season are you in?

I have just started my third season in an online game, have started to introduce Ojo who is looking good, although tires quickly, so until that is rectified, he'd make a fine sub + some rotational purposes.

Have earmarked him to replace Milner next season.

Rossiter, however, still looks a bit away from playing regularly for me personally. Will probably look to bring him in regularly next season.

First season under the new patch. Been bringing Rossiter on as a sub and he's been doing okay so far and with Lucas out for 3 weeks, he'll get more game time.

First season done, won the Europa against Schalke 2-1.

4th in League

lost FA cup final and Milk Cup semi final to Spurs

60mil to spend and no idea who to buy :D considering Kante from Leicester but dont really like players that have to go to AcoN so might blow my money on Ruben Neves

concerned for the Home Grown quota though because that would probably mean the end of Milner.

When the game went along a bit my transfer budget went to £138 million. Got Matip coming in already, brought in Butland, Saul and Gabriel Barbosa.

Can't remember my outgoings, think I've got rid of Markovic, Balotelli, Ings and Origi though. I'm going to try another season with Benteke/Studge but hopefully Barbosa will come good and I can ditch Benteke fairly quickly.

I'd like to shift Milner, Lallana and Studge (hate injury prone players) but I'd knacker my home grown quota.

When the game went along a bit my transfer budget went to £138 million. Got Matip coming in already, brought in Butland, Saul and Gabriel Barbosa.

Can't remember my outgoings, think I've got rid of Markovic, Balotelli, Ings and Origi though. I'm going to try another season with Benteke/Studge but hopefully Barbosa will come good and I can ditch Benteke fairly quickly.

I'd like to shift Milner, Lallana and Studge (hate injury prone players) but I'd knacker my home grown quota.

Is that with the new patch?

I got Barbosa for £7.5m at the start of a new game with the new patch. He's currently worth £16.75m and has 2 goals in 4 apps. He's been playing as my main striker.

I sent Origi out on loan at Lyon and he's got 5 goals in 4 games.

so we don't get the arsenal money for lallana in 16.3. that's ruined my plans :(

shocked that Bobby F got a downgrading based on a slow start in a new league. been on fire recently and looks every inch a 29m player

will start a new save over the wknd so will hopefully get on here a bit more

hopefully my few usual cheap youth buys have had no knock on potential - Dozzell, Rui Pedro, Borja San Emertio, Zvikovic. sadly Grimaldo and Ajer are no go's now with them moving clubs. Need to find a new left back now

hopefully my few usual cheap youth buys have had no knock on potential - Dozzell, Rui Pedro, Borja San Emertio, Zvikovic. sadly Grimaldo and Ajer are no go's now with them moving clubs. Need to find a new left back now

Good luck getting Ajer...hasn't he signed for Celtic?

What did you pay to get Butland?

Archived