FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Emertino was good on the first patch, not sure how he is now. I got him for 2 million, sold him to Juventus after season 3 for 24 million.

his starting stats for his age are immense. his PA is not the highest but he's perfect as RB cover

Haven't been able to get into a save on FM this year! Gonna give it one last go with my team Liverpool! Is there anyway I can go into the editor to make Steven Gerrard the manager?

not if you want to manage them too

Tonight will be fun for me. Did great in Season 3, I think I got PL, CL and League cup.

But now is the time to move on some of the older players... here is my squad

GK

Jack Butland

Regen

Regen

1 Regen is getting some games against bad teams but the other one isn't ready yet - hope he develops in the U21's because he is one of our own!

DR

Flanno

Clyne

DC

Alexadar Dragovic

Sakho

Matip

Skrtel (for sale)

Gomez (will become club grown and isn't complaining about not playing!)

DL

Moreno

Ruben Duarte

MC

Hendo

Saul

Lucas Romero

Regen

Lucas (for sale)

AML

Ibe

Hirving Lozano - signed on a free and I think he might have been near enough my top scorer.

AMC

Coutinho

Firminho (for sale)

Lallana (for sale)

AMR

Julian Brandt

Kostas Foutinas [sp!]

ST

Studge

Barbosa

Regen

Regen

Regen

It's only season 3 so not many of my regens are 'ready' yet. One of the strikers is close, one of the other strikers is a Andy Carroll type who has rubbish finishing but might be useful to hang onto as a plan B

My plan for the transfer window is to get rid of those listed for sale, review my loanees and see if any of the regens are worth promoting to be the backup options for the above - I know I've got a handy left winger who might be ready. Then I'm going to bring in a world class AMC to sit alongside Coutinho and on top of that I am just going to hoover up youth as much as possible.

The only bad thing is I have 5 strikers and 1 position and I'm trying to progress all those regens!

I got rid of Mingolet for Jack Butland mainly for home grown purposes but he isn't amazing so I am hoping those youth guys catch up quick! I do need to trim the squad a bit because I keep leaving players out for CL!

Just won my 4th league title in a row but my cup performances are still poor hoping i can change that

well done mate. whats your squad like now?

wish I could complete 4 seasons!! cannot get into a game at all

well done mate. whats your squad like now?

wish I could complete 4 seasons!! cannot get into a game at all

I'm in my 8th season finally got into a save I'll post my squad when I'm on the laptop only Sakho,Moreno,Henderson,Ibe & Ojo are left from the original squad I sign youth instead of superstars

Finished 6th in my first season after a bad run through January, we sneaked into the UCL through winning the Europa League. Also got beat in the Capital One cup final. Didn't make any signings in year 1, biggest problem was cover for fullbacks and lots of injuries. Which I plan to deal with in the summer window.

Overall I think we did okay but can improve in the league for my 2nd season. UCL football is back home to Anfield which was my first target in this save. My second target for now is to get us playing some better football and improve on the finish of 6th.

Pretty much shadowed Lucas for the first year / two years then managed to start holding his own. Been a regular since mate :)

Nice! That's how I started to use him in previous saves this year - never have managed a proper save as of yet - here's hoping the current one is it!

Ok so i started a new save two or three days ago using the new data files made by Pro (iirc) and instead of the usual signings the only one i made who i normally make was Zivkovic.

I signed a few from the thread made by Welshy, the underappreciate thread and i have to say theres a few im glad i brought.

I was gutted to miss out on signing Zlatan and Fernando Torres on frees at the start of the game though!

anyways,

in my first season i have won the carling cup and premier league, im currently in both the other two finals aswell.

What i was really surprised at was how good we are already without buying first teamers, well apart from a new keeper as i brought Horn for the first time ever!

Ibe and Origi have been revalations for me, both have 15 goals or more, and they are mainly back up to Lallama :p and Coutinho, Firmino has nailed down the AM role.

Sturridge has been nothing short of lethal since his return, Benteke has been meh, Ings has been injured lol.

I brought Torres back he went to Leciester, had to pay 7.5 million and Mingo... he scored in his first five starts and looks good although definetly near the end of his career however he is currently tutoring a regen who i KNOW will become great as he came out of my first intake with 15's in dribbling finishing and first touch combined with some decent stats for an under 18 player sad thing is, hes injury prone :'(

Decided to start a new game as i was bored of my old save after winning the league 5 years in a row but no cups i want to add both also ive included Karius in future transfers will still use the same tactic

Ok update,

finished the first season winning everything, i couldnt believe it as i normally make first team signings but as i said i didnt this time apart from Horn and Nando (nando was in Jan)

Stated season 2, sold Emre Can for 65 million to City, Skrtel for 2.5 to Newcastle, Lucas 12 mil to Valencia and a few other reserve players. Still trying to sell Allen.

Brought in one to many forwards so will be building a formation with 2 strikers, that plays similsr to my 4231. I have signed a few quality looking young players regens and non regens.

will post up some more info later!

Where did Jerome Sinclair end up for you guys? To me he sign for Everton (!!) on free transfers! Anyway, mid through my 3rd season with LFC. Have one everything except Capitol One Cup (Only used reserves) and FIFA Club World Cup (Will participate in a month). Have built a new team, and have a fantastic squad!

Squad:

Marc Andre ter-Stegen

Predrag Rajkovic

Joe Gomez

John Stones

Jonathan Tah

David Alaba

Jesus Vallejo

Riechedly Bazoer

Nathaniel Clyne

Jorge

Ruben Neves

Paul Pogba

Alexis Marsilli (Regen)

Roberto Firmino

Jordon Ibe

Martin Ødeggard

Mitch Modest (Regen)

Ante Coric

Divock Origi

Philippe Coutinho

Paulo Dybala

Mauro Icardi

Where did Jerome Sinclair end up for you guys? To me he sign for Everton (!!) on free transfers! Anyway, mid through my 3rd season with LFC. Have one everything except Capitol One Cup (Only used reserves) and FIFA Club World Cup (Will participate in a month). Have built a new team, and have a fantastic squad!

Squad:

Marc Andre ter-Stegen

Predrag Rajkovic

Joe Gomez

John Stones

Jonathan Tah

David Alaba

Jesus Vallejo

Riechedly Bazoer

Nathaniel Clyne

Jorge

Ruben Neves

Paul Pogba

Alexis Marsilli (Regen)

Roberto Firmino

Jordon Ibe

Martin Ødeggard

Mitch Modest (Regen)

Ante Coric

Divock Origi

Philippe Coutinho

Paulo Dybala

Mauro Icardi

Very nice squad that :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a very late comer to FM 2016. In fact I haven't played FM since FM 2010 so some of the changes took me a while to get a handle on.

Made a number of changes my first year. Team went very well. Best highlight though were some of the goals scored. James Milner scored with an overhead bicycle kick after the ball had been headed away from a conent by a CB and then headed toward him by Jordan Henderson. I almost fell off my chair when it happened I was so stunned. In my second (and current season) Daniel Sturridge did one (i.e. a bicycle kick) with such venom I thought the net would break. Found Danny Ings a disloyal little so and so. Started to develop nicely whilst Sturridge was out and went on a tear - was so effective became a fan favourite. However once Sturridge came back he overtook him. In my second season would not take being a back up and demanded I sell him. He is current wasting away at AC Milan who took him off my hands. Benteke went after the first season too, just didn't fit my group.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps,

Just a quick question really. Not been on for a while due to laptop dying and having to save up and wait for a new one! torture!! Anyway I now have one but have had to obviously reinstall the game and all my kits etc etc.

But I cannot find a competition logo download anywhere, also a manager facepack too! just wanted to see where people got theres from and which is best really? any help gratefully received!

Don't know about anyone else but personally cant play the game without pics, kits and faces!!!

Thanks in advance guys!!

Hi Chaps,

Just a quick question really. Not been on for a while due to laptop dying and having to save up and wait for a new one! torture!! Anyway I now have one but have had to obviously reinstall the game and all my kits etc etc.

But I cannot find a competition logo download anywhere, also a manager facepack too! just wanted to see where people got theres from and which is best really? any help gratefully received!

Don't know about anyone else but personally cant play the game without pics, kits and faces!!!

Thanks in advance guys!!

I use these https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces http://www.fmscout.com/a-standard-logos-megapack-2016.html

I cant believe it, i think i have built the BEST squad i have ever built.

Its my second liverpool save, and im using Pro's files. Only loaded it up to see how it went now im almost 6 seasons in!!

However all i seem to get during intakes, is world class strikers!!! now thats not a bad thing BUT i want other positions. All i get is ST's AML's and LB's lol... wheres my central players damnit!!

Cannot sell anyone!!

I put every player up for sale for their value, no bids, lol..

Game is stupid.

Interesting. I cant seem to stop seeling hah!

Holidayed first season and took over in May 2016 (Klopp finished 11th but won the EL, and got fired). Anyway:

Markovic 32M, Sakho 28M, Balotelli 21.5M, Leiva 17.75M, Lovren 15.75M, Bogdan 3.6M

Didnt really want to sell Markovic and Sakho, but PSG and Real Madrid came knocking on the door.

Brought Ruben Neves in for 33M and still have 141M left to spend. Unsure what to do, but considering letting Benteke go and bring in a more creative and hard working striker.

Sold Gotze back to Bayern for 50mill after buying him for 21mill & spent most of it on Icardi who will join at the start of season 4 meaning Sturridge will be sold

How much did you have to spend to get Icardi? I'm trying my best to get him on my save, but Inter just declined an offer of 60M... :mad:

I think I cannot sell anyone because I load up to many nations and players???

How do people set up their databases?

I use around 145k data base, so I can search the world...

Is it to much and teams have to many options so hard to sell?

What on earth!!

I could not register anyone for Euro Cup..

I have now 4 registered in the team, lol..

Stupid game..

hpMvVFD.jpg

Above is my Euro Cup squad top play Kobenhavn. This squad ties away leg 1-1, today is home leg...

Wish me luck, lol.

5-1 Winners on Aggregate!! Bring on Dortmund :(

Tough decisions were made in my 2nd season.

Players were moved on if they didn't fit my tactics and were constant whiners and so on. So some big names have left the club.

Some I have even let go because i simply cannot offer them game time, or I hate them in real life, lol.

Mignolet

Firmino

Can

Lallana

Balotelli

Benteke

Allen

Leiva

Skrtel

Wisdom

Ilori

Alberto

Flanagan

Origi

Milner.

So those are the outs, a lot of them as I reshape the team Klopp style..

The ins are not so bad either, some big names and some quality backup.

Martial (yep, 70mil!!!)

Goretzka

Rugani

Tah

Many regens and a few players I have never got before, like:

Cancelo

Mendy

Dragowski

Arana

Carrasco

Almamy Toure

Manea

Fossum

Mere

Donnarumma

I have kept a few from the original team, my first team will look like this..

MgovVHyh.jpg

Of cause there is a lot of youth and fringe players in U/21's.

To name a few..

Mere

Fossum

Manea

Any many good looking Regens.

Still got 75mil in bank and 200k of wages up my sleeve.

Transfer figures are huge. 274mil in / 278 Out..

Balanced the books nicely.

Well as I said up thread I was a late comer but am powering along. Into my 3rd season and we are the defending PL UEFA Champions Leagues Titleholders. Sakhou and Can are now club icons whilst Couthino is so liked he is listed as a club legend. I re-trained him to play on the left wing as I brought in Mario Gotze in my first season and I wanted them both in the side, Gotze often plays as a shadow striker position or advanced playmaker centrally whilst Couts plays out wide on the left. With Moreno at left back, I get heaps of assists on that left hand side. Just beat Arsenal early in January 2018 4-0 at Anfield (they were 2nd on the ladder whilst we are sitting 1st).

Archived