FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just started a new save, and the transfer market is a real struggle. Tempted to edit my finances, but I feel it would be cheating and unrealistic. What have others done?

Work out the style of football you wish to play, work out tactics etc.

Once done, work out players best in each position, then your backups and so on.

Anyone that does not fit your tactics, sell for as much as you can.

Then use profit and sign young players who will fit your tactics, not demand much wages and as "Backup", they won't whine so much then.

I usually sell 3-4 players, get a good 60-70mil+ and hit the market.

Embolo is cheap, Horn is I think, and many more.

Started a Liverpool on the latest patch. Trying to utilise some of the methodology in Cleon's possession tactics thread.

I'm really struggling with injuries though:

Clyne - 4 months

Sakho - 4 months

Ibe - 5 months

Gomez / Coutinho - 3 weeks

Add in the injuries you acquire at the start Sturridge, Henderson, Flanagan.

I decided that I didn't need Caulker so cancelled his loan and a week later I lose Sakho!

Down to bare bones and the results have been a bit dodgy. Hoping to turn it round when the team get used to the tactics and get some players back!

Decided to start on the last long term save with LFC on FM16. Going to play my favorite formation 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1) which i think suits the team well. Only problem is with all the strikers, so Origi will mainly play as a winger. Did some interesting transfers.

In:

06.07.15 Jorge (Flamengo) - £18m

12.07.15 Andres Cubas (Boca) - £4.4m

15.07.15 Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £30m

20.07.15 Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan) - £1.8m

08.01.16 Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) - £16m

20.01.16 Predrag Rajkovic (Maccabi Tel-Aviv) - £2.7m

Out:

04.07.16 Jose Enrique (Crystal Palace) - £3.6m

04.07.15 Dejan Lovren (Tottenham) - £16m

06.07.15 Adam Bogdan (Sporting CP) - Loan

06.07.15 Lucas Leiva (PSG) - £17m

30.07.15 Kolo Toure (Lyon) - £250k

10.08.15 Tiago Ilori (Torino) - Loan

26.08.15 Andrija Zivkovic (Rennes) - Loan

11.01.16 James Milner (Juventus) - £10m

21.01.16 Danny Ward (Hull) - £700k

What a season! Won Premier League easily and were top of the table all season long. Coutinho was the main man, with 16 goals and 8 assists in the league.

9fz889.png

Also won Europa League after beating Sporting CP in the final in Basel.

35a65wy.png

Review season 5

League:1st

FA cup:3rd rd

League cup:Quarter finals

Champions league:1st knockout rd

Won the league by 6pts after Zivkovic went to Real Madrid for 60 mill moved Ibe as my AMR & scored 19 goals & 18 assists & just Sold Icardi to also Real Madrid for the same price time for Origi to stand up

Currently sitting 4th in 2nd season. 8 games left and it is quite tight for the champs league spots.

Got Real Madrid for the quarter finals of CL coming up.

Trimmed a lot of the squad in January, sending people out on loan etc.

Have Gimenez coming for £29m in the summer. Will sell either Matip or Mussachio.

Guardiola got sacked just now and replaced by none other than Rafa Benitez.

I have so many players out on loan, young players also that I want to play but unable to half the time...

Managed to hold onto Moreno and Can after interest from Real Madrid...although I did have to give them new contracts but I think that was worth it. And just as I've said that, Real want them both now...

They need to improve the board in this.

Like seriously.

I found heaps of Regens, 5-6 or so that are world class potential.

I needed 10mil to complete the signings of them all, board said No.

Now I will need lots more cash in the future to get these guys to Liverpool.

Finished my 3rd season and won the league at last, nearly threw it away though!!

I'm really happy with the squad, but looking for a CB (got Gomez and Matip at present, but conceding bit to much)- likes of Romagnoli and Rugani not interested in a move.

Also looking for a Roaming Playmaker- got Neves as a DLP and Renato Sanchez as a BBM but looking for a player to complete my midfield 3. Have been trying Alli but Spurs won't budge. Hendo been ok, but need an upgrade really.

All help would be appreciated.

1st season of new save, probably 20 odd signing but all youth. No expensive ones at all.

Struggled to win the Premiership but I got there in the end, won EPL, EURO and FA, and the other cup, what ever that is.. Capital One??

So won them all, but not easily, had to really manage the team to do it, unlike last save where I can set it and forget it and clean every comp up.

Sturridge injuries are driving me mad, as is Sakho's red cards!!

1st season of new save, probably 20 odd signing but all youth. No expensive ones at all.

Struggled to win the Premiership but I got there in the end, won EPL, EURO and FA, and the other cup, what ever that is.. Capital One??

So won them all, but not easily, had to really manage the team to do it, unlike last save where I can set it and forget it and clean every comp up.

Sturridge injuries are driving me mad, as is Sakho's red cards!!

I always found Skrtel's red cards to be worse. One game towards the end of last season he came on as a sub in 60th minute.

We were down to 10 men by 62nd minute! Ugh!

Finished my 3rd season and won the league at last, nearly threw it away though!!

I'm really happy with the squad, but looking for a CB (got Gomez and Matip at present, but conceding bit to much)- likes of Romagnoli and Rugani not interested in a move.

Also looking for a Roaming Playmaker- got Neves as a DLP and Renato Sanchez as a BBM but looking for a player to complete my midfield 3. Have been trying Alli but Spurs won't budge. Hendo been ok, but need an upgrade really.

All help would be appreciated.

3rd season may be a little too far, but I used Milner as a RPM in 2nd and 3rd (on and off) season and he performed really well for me. Something like an 8.4 rating in 2nd season. Picked up Tielemans from Anderlecht for my 3rd season (didn't pay much either) who took over the playmaker role (often used AP though) alternating with Wilshere (when fit) and sometimes Milner, who would also cover for Henderson.

Have you tried Tielemans?

I always found Skrtel's red cards to be worse. One game towards the end of last season he came on as a sub in 60th minute.

I really hate the Sakho/Skrtel partnership.

Infact, and Lovren..

Need to try sell all three and get a better defense!!

Ok, 2 big signings to end my spending.

Rugani and Stones, nice back combo!!! Sakho, Skrtel, Matip still around, Mammana is near ready, and I also got Romagna last season for backup.

Not sure if I should sell Skrtel??

3rd season may be a little too far, but I used Milner as a RPM in 2nd and 3rd (on and off) season and he performed really well for me. Something like an 8.4 rating in 2nd season. Picked up Tielemans from Anderlecht for my 3rd season (didn't pay much either) who took over the playmaker role (often used AP though) alternating with Wilshere (when fit) and sometimes Milner, who would also cover for Henderson.

Have you tried Tielemans?

Yeh thought about him, might give him a go. Anyone had Gomez from Valencia? My scouts given him a great review, but expensive.

when you start your game do you like to make huge squad changes or keep the same squad and only add 1/2 players a season??

1-2 First team changes and as much youth as I can find!

Although, this season I went a little nuts, Mignolet been annoying me so I replaced him, got Stones and Rugani for the DC positions, so that is 3 First team signings, and the rest is youth, and some very very impressive youth.

1-2 First team changes and as much youth as I can find!

Although, this season I went a little nuts, Mignolet been annoying me so I replaced him, got Stones and Rugani for the DC positions, so that is 3 First team signings, and the rest is youth, and some very very impressive youth.

in season 1 ive been trying to keep it simple. a CB and a DM and then just add 2/3 young players who can fill weak squad area's and develop but once I get to season 2 I make MASS changes and then I fall out of love with the game after I've spent 200m

really need to tone down the buys to get myself back into a save

I really hate the Sakho/Skrtel partnership.

Infact, and Lovren..

Need to try sell all three and get a better defense!!

Ok, 2 big signings to end my spending.

Rugani and Stones, nice back combo!!! Sakho, Skrtel, Matip still around, Mammana is near ready, and I also got Romagna last season for backup.

Not sure if I should sell Skrtel??

I am still using 16.2 for my Liverpool save, and entering my 4th season, I am using Romagnoli and Gomez as my preferred back 2. Gomez has developed really well. I have Sakho as back-up/rotation, and I actually have Skrtel still if I get desperate, but tend to use him mostly for tutoring purposes.

I have toyed with the idea of selling him (Skrtel) too, but only offers so far have been pathetic :(

when you start your game do you like to make huge squad changes or keep the same squad and only add 1/2 players a season??

I think it depends on how you want to play. With Liverpool, there are some long term injuries to consider aswell.

Mostly, I try and pick 2 players to challenge for first team, plus as many youthies as I can afford, and of course get rid of any deadwood along the way.

I am still using 16.2 for my Liverpool save, and entering my 4th season, I am using Romagnoli and Gomez as my preferred back 2. Gomez has developed really well. I have Sakho as back-up/rotation, and I actually have Skrtel still if I get desperate, but tend to use him mostly for tutoring purposes.

I have toyed with the idea of selling him (Skrtel) too, but only offers so far have been pathetic :(

Well, Sakho has cracked it, lol.

So has Can, they both want to go, and I am going to let them, if the offers are good.

Will maybe need a new MC, but Sakho does not need a replacement.

My team is looking good, but do you think I could sign a striker? Nope. NOT ONE!!!

Got stuck in a Champions group with Barcelona, who got belted and didn't make top 2!!

I am like, WHAT??? How is that even possible, they were even playing there best team nearly.

Anyway, don't have to deal with them later on hey!

I've somehow managed to win the Premiership 3 times in the first 3 seasons, the FA cup twice, the league cup and two champions leagues. How many players have I had in any team of the year in that time?

Correct, none.

Now I've got that out of my system, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success trying the Chelsea approach of youth development by hovering up every bit of young talent going while they're cheap, loaning them out and flogging them on for profit if they don't think they're going to make it? I can do the hoovering up bit and the loaning, the making a profit element seems very hard. In fact I've only sold two players for what I thought was decent money. Can (£60m) and Balotelli (£40m). Pretty much every other player I've made a massive loss on.

I've somehow managed to win the Premiership 3 times in the first 3 seasons, the FA cup twice, the league cup and two champions leagues. How many players have I had in any team of the year in that time?

Correct, none.

Now I've got that out of my system, I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success trying the Chelsea approach of youth development by hovering up every bit of young talent going while they're cheap, loaning them out and flogging them on for profit if they don't think they're going to make it? I can do the hoovering up bit and the loaning, the making a profit element seems very hard. In fact I've only sold two players for what I thought was decent money. Can (£60m) and Balotelli (£40m). Pretty much every other player I've made a massive loss on.

I've got a couple of youngsters on the cheap and I am hoping to sell them on for quite a bit more - by loaning them out for first team football (make sure it is first team and not rotational, so they get more game time, naturally), their value gets higher and they're more likely to get noticed.

That being said, the most profit I made on a player who I have bought and then sold on is not actually a young player - it was Arda Turan - bought for £9m and then sold for £15m. And also Jetro Willems - bought for £9.75m and sold for £17.25m. Easier to buy players who are known and put on the transfer list.

Glad it's not just me then.

In many cases they're actually not bad players, played a decent number of games, get good ratings and the game values them 10-20x higher than the offers that come in. I seriously just got a non negotiable offer of £1.2m for a player rated as £16m with an average rating of >7.5 over 3 seasons

[edit]

Can better that now. £500k for a player rated at £17.75m and offered out at £10m. Not even a % of profit

I think I am going to start a new save...had to restart the one that I was currently on, in second season, as I was unable to add Coutinho to my Europa squad since he was injured so didn't include him in the 3rd round qual squad, but then I was unable to add him after due to the regulations.

I also had too many players in the squad that I was unable to play (and then also loan out). Plus I had scouted so many youth intake players from the world screen, which I was unable to get rid of unfortunately.

Not going to spend too much money though. I spent a lot of money buying youth players. I will buy some of them, but not all.

Going to maybe change my tactics around a little as well.

Youth Challenge with Liverpool. Winning the Premier League title the fourth time in a row and the CL title the third time in a row.

Didn´t buy any player. William Kelly is my first regen who brake trough the first team :). Still using the same 442 tactic which is imba in this game.

2022 getting a new stadium called Dalglish Park, 77k capacity. have a nice day guys

TZB08Li.jpg

well after the depression that was yesterdays game I started another new save determined to change this squad. holidayed season 1 so I can start from now. we wont the Europa in that season so we have Champs Lge football going into season 2

made major changes to CB position. probably bought 1 too many as I thought Sahko was going with barca bidding for him but he decided to stay

sold a huge amount of players Bogdan, skrtel, lovern, Enrique, lucas, allen, milner, benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, wisdom, albert, llori.

Players in: Rulli (free), Callum Chambers (15M), San Emterio (1m), Rico henry (2.7m) Andreas Christansen (15m) Jose Gimenez (23m) matip (free), Neves (27m) Kovacic (37m), Andrija Zvikovic (free), Andre Silva (17.5m) Driussi (4M)

went for Chambers to add some more HG players and give me quality cover. will retrain San Emterio to LB as Moreno has left within 2 seasons of every save once a big club have shown interest.

also promoted Chirivella to the first team and got a regen CB from the academy who looks monster. I may sell Mignolet and bring in Ben Garratt as second choice (2m for a decent HG Keeper)

@ryan045

keep it a go, a real challenge, even if you want to rebuild the whole team

@craigd84

i got him the first year in my youth intake. last year he alreasy scored 14 goals and the year before 11. i hope one day he will replace ings/sturridge or firmino ;)

here is a screenshot of him

BLVxjtn.jpg

@ryan045

keep it a go, a real challenge, even if you want to rebuild the whole team

@craigd84

i got him the first year in my youth intake. last year he alreasy scored 14 goals and the year before 11. i hope one day he will replace ings/sturridge or firmino ;)

here is a screenshot of him

BLVxjtn.jpg

Gonna try this but with u18 british signings allowed. Looks more of a challange then signing the same old players the whole time. Cheers for inspiring me

youth challenge with liverpool. Winning the premier league title the fourth time in a row and the cl title the third time in a row.

Didn´t buy any player. William kelly is my first regen who brake trough the first team :). Still using the same 442 tactic which is imba in this game.

2022 getting a new stadium called dalglish park, 77k capacity. Have a nice day guys

tzb08li.jpg

got a link to try tactic pal?

Started again.

New rules though.

No signings over the age of 19, try to sign English players.

As young as possible so quality for HG etc..

Unfortunately I lost all the best young guys, straight up, bigger clubs out bid me on most of the players I really wanted.

Started new season yesterday. Sold Lucas for 15m to PSG and brought Bender from Dortmund for 8m. Wow...I might add one centre back and winger, but I'll try to use the current team at least until winter break, no crazy shopping. What worries me is right defender, there's currently only Clyne, Flano is injured. Any tips ? Might even be pleased with someone on loan.

Started new season yesterday. Sold Lucas for 15m to PSG and brought Bender from Dortmund for 8m. Wow...I might add one centre back and winger, but I'll try to use the current team at least until winter break, no crazy shopping. What worries me is right defender, there's currently only Clyne, Flano is injured. Any tips ? Might even be pleased with someone on loan.

You can train Hendo and Milner to play RB fairly easy, I think Toure can play there also. I normally wait for Flano to return from injury and take care of him.

Gomez can play RB if you don't want to spend any money.

Or you can get Yanni Regasel on loan from Frankfurt - I've gotten him on an earlier save and he was really good and consistent for me.

Thanks both. Hendo is injured too unfortunately for a quite long, not really sure with Milner, the schedule will be tough in autumn, would he learn the position that fast ?

Gomes was my last option, if there wouldn't anyone suitable on market, I really like Regasel, will give him a shot.

passlack on loan from Dortmund

Archived