FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

PC is playing up, but FM works fine it seems, so started a new season finally.

Went nuts in transfer window.

Not one player sold.

But signed..

Fossum

Embolo

Dozzell

Romagna

Barbosa

Rajkovic

Vlasic

Now there is a lot of profit to be made out of that lot, I am talking 200mil minimum profit..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just survived season 1 despite finishing 9th means no European football was given 87 mill to spend already have Horn,Hector,Gotze,Zielinski & Hughes as Matip is a pre transfer already sold Benteke,Allen & Llori trying to sell Bogdon but no offers yet might sign 2 more wonderkids with what money I have left will play Horn as 1st choice my team for season 2 will look close to this

Horn

Morneo/Hector, Sakho Matip,Clyne

Henderson, Can/Hughes

Coutinho, Firmino, Gotze/Lallana

Sturridge/Origi

Just finished my first season, I gave Jordan Rossiter a lot of first team action and he was one of my best players - might give him the number 8 shirt....

Looking to buy an AMR and a Striker, but haven't been given a budget yet... I like to buy players that are English or from the premiership - any suggestions? Strikers I'm looking at: Kane, Vardy & Berahino. AMR i'm looking at Mahrez, Shaqiri (Stoke got relegated) & Jay Rodriques (Southampton got relegated).

Also gonna play youth such as Ojo, Wilson, Sinclair.

you can also give origi a chance? Now in my 4th season he has 35 goals in 44 apps or something, 26 in the premier league. For AMR you have markovic and ibe right? If yes, are they not performing for you?

Just finished my first season with the new patch, here's a summary

Premier League: Finished 1st on goal difference to Spurs, maintained a steady form all the way through but struggled late on with injuries after Coutinho (8 months), Firmino (6 months) and Clyne (4 months) were all ruled out. Signing Zivkovic in January helped massively and he played out of his skin for us. Ibe was my best player by a mile! Leicester and Man Utd finishing 3rd and 4th, with Chelsea and Man City taking Europa spots, Arsenal finished 10th and were awful.

FA Cup: Won the final against a Derby side who were in poor form, expected a win after beating Tottenham and Man city on the way

Capital One Cup: Won easily in the final against West Ham, beating Man City and Tottenham on the way (again!!)

Europa League: Strolled through to the 2nd knockout round before an awful first leg showing against Leverkusen left me too much to do in the second leg.

Got Rulli, Saul and Fernando Torres coming in on bosmans, couldn't resist Torres, managed to get him on £50k wage, he had a good season last year too.

Have such a terrible start to the second season - Lost to Juventus in the Super Cup, drew to Watford at home, lost to Man Utd away and Arsenal at home. Now play Chelsea away. Tough first set of fixtures.

Reus has not performed well so far. Some of my players have just come back from the Olympics so should see some wins hopefully.

Coutinho has just come back after 4 months out with a leg injury.

FOzzctK.jpg

Second Season is starting very well. First season won the Premier League and the Euro League. Signed no players, doing a youth challenge. Sold Can for 60Mio to Paris. Second season and won the two Super Cups.

Playing a 4-4-2 counter Bob Paisley 80s System :)

I feel like I`m becoming more like Wenger, always looking for bargains and not paying the odds. Well, this time I want some German connection, so splashing the cash on Gotze and Ter-Stegen. If I can move on some players for good money, then I will try my luck on Reus as well.

Gutted losing Can to Man City after they met the 33mill release clause in the Jan transfer windows but Grujic is doing a good job in his place Gotze hasn't scored many but has lots of assists in March of season 2 I'm 3rd in the league one of the Mancs teams will win the league as they're top 2 already out of both cup comps also had no European football

ToPkQf0.jpg

0HCQC2Y.jpg

nmBkx9K.jpg

J2VyWip.jpg

Second Season, start of Decembre and we are looking very good. Here some stats. No transfers oly youth players recruitment from the academy. Grujic and especially OJO is a beast.

I think I will sell Benteke in the winter transfer window, I have a player from youth intake last year which has 5*. Scored already more than 35 goals this season fr the U19.

Benteke however did really well for me last season. Scoring 17 goals

Had to reload from the end of first season as I had bought way too many players that I did not need.

Gonna make some changes this time round - not going to sell some players, but will get in new defenders as Sakho and especially Skrtel were not consistent for me and had very bad games.

Going to sell Lucas and Allen and bring in Tielemans and Maia in their place. Going to sell Benteke and most of the other loaned players like Balotelli. Might keep Markovic but I already have quite a few wide players and Ibe had a fantastic first season, scoring 16 goals for me.

Hopefully this time round, it goes much better. Going to be investing in youth since I will have a lot of money. Also will try to get Calleri on a free but nobody wanted to loan him unfortunately but his value goes to £24m after signing so may look to make a healthy profit. Might also buy some players for cheap, just to sell them on the next season.

ToPkQf0.jpg

0HCQC2Y.jpg

nmBkx9K.jpg

J2VyWip.jpg

Second Season, start of Decembre and we are looking very good. Here some stats. No transfers oly youth players recruitment from the academy. Grujic and especially OJO is a beast.

I think I will sell Benteke in the winter transfer window, I have a player from youth intake last year which has 5*. Scored already more than 35 goals this season fr the U19.

What is that amazing skin and where can I get it from?

it the FLUT skin , you can get it from fmscout

RfW9wWa.jpg

L4zo2EQ.jpg

Od6ouar.jpg

weare mid april, second season and with another win in the premier league we are champions again.

In Champions League we crushed the current champion Bayern away. Anfield is a real fortress. No defeat in league for this year, and everything with original squad, did not do any transfers.

edit in the fa cup we play arsenal in the semi final

The mighty Reds inspired by great Bob Paisley ;)

4-4-2 is simply so brutal in this fm version

Thank you. :)

Excellent progress, by the way. I love your playing style and is the style that I would normally play as with Liverpool.

Southampton got relegated in my Sunderland save in the second season as well, which is bizarre as they have a fantastic squad.

been fluting about trying a few starts from season 2 but cant get into it as decent players are all looking stupid wages which I refuse to pay so started a new proper career save. going to try and limit signings to 4/5 a season instead of 10-12 in each of the first 2 windows

season has started really well after I tweaked my tactic in the friendlies and moved the DM into a DLP CM role to play all 3 in the MC position.

after 8 games we're top with 6W 2D 0L. have a 3 point lead at the top. have won both EL games beating Napoli easily as well which gives me hope that this tactic can work.

I added a recall option to all loan players on the editor before I started and decided to recall Grujic so he could develop more by playing with us.

Brought in

Borja San Emterio

Rico Henry

Rui Pedro

Stefan De Vrij

Granit Xhaka

I see a lot of people moaning about wages. Do you get such a low salary budget? I am just a few games away in my 5th season and had a budget of 140 mil for transfers and 30 mil salary....Pretty ridiculous I know and I am also not using it. Could have bought Isco for just 50 mil, yet he wanted a ridiculous salary and signing/commision fee which I could not accept.

Wanted to buy Romagnoli (which is one of the best defenders in my save) but AC milan does not want to sell him. So if you want him, and I think you should buy him, then be quick. They refused a bid of 100 mil.....

Furthermore one tip with tactics if you are struggling against teams that are parking the buss and draw a lot (0-0). I changed my tactics in the 4th season from being patient (ball possesion, work the ball, control) to an attacking and fluid tactic in which players do not have to work the ball in the box.

it the FLUT skin , you can get it from fmscout

RfW9wWa.jpg

L4zo2EQ.jpg

Od6ouar.jpg

weare mid april, second season and with another win in the premier league we are champions again.

In Champions League we crushed the current champion Bayern away. Anfield is a real fortress. No defeat in league for this year, and everything with original squad, did not do any transfers.

edit in the fa cup we play arsenal in the semi final

The mighty Reds inspired by great Bob Paisley ;)

4-4-2 is simply so brutal in this fm version

wow, it's simply amazing ...

i have a question, could you upload your tactic or at least post some ss with TI, OI etc ?

thanks and good luck!

Achieved my goal of getting champions league football finishing 3rd Gotze didn't score much but set up a lot Chelsea have no European football next season Bourmounth were the shock finishing 4th just in pre season of season 3

been fluting about trying a few starts from season 2 but cant get into it as decent players are all looking stupid wages which I refuse to pay so started a new proper career save. going to try and limit signings to 4/5 a season instead of 10-12 in each of the first 2 windows

season has started really well after I tweaked my tactic in the friendlies and moved the DM into a DLP CM role to play all 3 in the MC position.

after 8 games we're top with 6W 2D 0L. have a 3 point lead at the top. have won both EL games beating Napoli easily as well which gives me hope that this tactic can work.

I added a recall option to all loan players on the editor before I started and decided to recall Grujic so he could develop more by playing with us.

Brought in

Borja San Emterio

Rico Henry

Rui Pedro

Stefan De Vrij

Granit Xhaka

Well after a great start October has been so very poor. up to the 31st of October and have only won 1 game out of 6 in the month and that was the win against Napoli (the curse of saving when you are on a run struck) have lost 2 and drew 3 and I have the bitters next on the last day of the month

games lost were to stoke in the PL and Peterborough in the League cup

5b3dc2b2d9f942543af7a7c538bc7f66.png

League was tight last season, made some massive signings with a lot of outgoings.

Signed Rulli, Saul and Fernando Torres on a free, Dybala for £98m, James Rodriguez for £26.5m, Ricardo Rodriguez for £33m and Jerry St. Juste for £3m as cover.

Big list of outgoings, Lucas, Ings, Benteke, Balotelli, Markovic, Origi, Allen, Ilori, Bogdan, Skrtel and Wisdom leaving for a combined £226m

Got very strong squad depth now, fight for places looking like this

GK: Rulli, Mignolet, Dragowski, Ward

RB: Clyne, Flanagan

CB: Sakho, Lovren, Gomez, Matip, St. Juste

LB: Ricardo Rodriguez, Moreno, Smith

CM: Henderson, Can, Saul, Rossiter, Grujic, Milner

AMR: Ibe, Zivkovic

AMC: James Rodriguez, Lallana, Firmino

AML: Coutinho, Ojo, Teixera

ST: Dybala, Sturridge, Torres

topkqf0.jpg

0hcqc2y.jpg

nmbkx9k.jpg

j2vywip.jpg

second season, start of decembre and we are looking very good. Here some stats. No transfers oly youth players recruitment from the academy. Grujic and especially ojo is a beast.

I think i will sell benteke in the winter transfer window, i have a player from youth intake last year which has 5*. Scored already more than 35 goals this season fr the u19.

have you got a link for tactic pal would love a good 442 with lfc?

How has Torres done for you so far since you re-signed him to Pool ?

Only played 3 league games so far, he's started 1 and 2 from the bench, got no goals and 1 assist.

Scored 5 in 3 friendlies though, including a hattrick against Celtic

First season round up for me:

Won the premier league, EURO cup and League Cup, knocked out of the FA cup in the first round.

Usual suspects in and out at the moment.

Things wot bug me

Players complaining about lack of game time when they're injured or are simply rested because they're at 80% fitness.

Players demanding new contracts and wanting £200k a week, no negotiation and then demanding to be transferred when you only offer to triple their wages.

After a slow start I'm putting a good run together won my last 7 league games after being 1-4 & in the top 4 after I was 19th after 5 games Champions league I'm 2-1-1 after 4 games & still a chance to go through to the knockout stage

Great start to the season for me, winning 10 from 10 in the league

Lost 2 so far in all comps, away to Schalke in Champions League, and away to Arsenal in the Capital One Cup.

Dybala been on fire scoring 13 in 10, Sturridge had no playing time so asked for a transfer

First season round up for me:

Won the premier league, EURO cup and League Cup, knocked out of the FA cup in the first round.

Usual suspects in and out at the moment.

Things wot bug me

Players complaining about lack of game time when they're injured or are simply rested because they're at 80% fitness.

Players demanding new contracts and wanting £200k a week, no negotiation and then demanding to be transferred when you only offer to triple their wages.

this annoys the hell out of me too.

Joe Allen has played 5 of the last 10 games. comes and complains about lack of game time.

the 5 he played and started were all cup games but I rotate my squad heavily and have a 1st and 2nd team. so everyone has basically played 5 of 10 games. it drives me mad

I let more players leave because of stupid contract demands. in 2 years every player regardless of age seems to want to be on 200k. but when you sell them they end up on a contract similar to the one they are currently on and a lot less than what I would have actually put them on if they made a reasonable demand in the first place

I began a Liverpool save sometime back, and had to change a lot of things..

I sold the following players in the first window:

Alberto Moreno to Arsenal for $35m

Dejan Lovren to Spurs for $24m

Joe Allen to Real Madrid for $20m!!

Lucas Leiva to PSG for $20m

Jose Enrique to Swansea for $6m

Kolo Toure to Bournemouth for $0.1m

that got me approx $105 from player sales.

the ones I bought are:

Tin Jedvaj $23.5m

Lucas Pratto $18m

Borja Valero $16.5m

Andreu Fontas $16m

Sead Kolasinac $11.5m

Matthew Targett $10m

Emmanuel Mammana $6m

Fernando Gago $5.25m

Donnarumma $5m

Nahuel Leiva $4.3m

Miroslav Klose $2.4m

Reece Oxford $1.8m

Ianis Hagi $1.5m

Asier Villalibre $1.2m

Matus Bero $1.2m

approx $124m spent..

the team is much more balanced now.. I'm approaching December, and Benteke is moving to Spurs in January for $56m!!

Also, I have deals to bring Ariel Sant'Anna, Joao Mines, Che Nunnely, Abdou Diakhate, Youri Tielemans, Jetro Willems, Filipe Soares, Jhon Arango, Carlos, Gabriel Barbosa and Lincoln + Joel Matip in Jan, summer and 2017..

Mignolet, Lallana, Skrtel, Milner, Kolasinac, Gago, Bogdan, Sturridge and a few more will be moved on asap due to injury proneness, wages, form etc..

Just finished the 2021/22 season and I am happy to report that some of the original squad are still doing the business...

ibebesteurope_zpsucd1ab7g.png

clyneff_zpszynyxgyg.png

Liverpool_%20History%20Best%20Eleven-2122_zpsinc8ctvr.png

I have found however that average ratings do seem to be linked to position/role in my tactic. For example my top 4 players by average rating are my first and second choice at ML and DR:

1 Nathanial Clyne 8.43 DR (fullback)

2 Sebastian Druissi 8.24 ML (winger)

3 Sam Byram 8.19 DR (fullback)

4 Andrija Zivkovic 8.05 ML (winger)

and of course my golden glove winning GK gets rubbish ratings :)

Yep, there is a glitch with average ratings and fullbacks in particular sadly, it will also effect other wide players who tend to get the crosses in...

Unfortunately, the issue was found pretty late in the day and the way to fix it would require a rewrite on certain modules which wasn't possible this time around.

season 1 review

finally managed to get back into a game. in a season very similar to this one for inconsistancy we managed to win the title on the final day. arsenal went into it 1 point ahead but could only manage a draw while we struggled to a 1-0 over bournmouth.

delighted with the title win but we were very lucky. 76 points in total. only scored 60 goals but defense was strong and we conceded only 33 with Migs getting the golden gloves with 16 clean sheets

both domestic cups were poor going out early in both but we won the Europa Lge beating West ham in the final.

out of my 5 strikers only Rui Pedro is being kept. will try and buy a star forward and looking at bring Fernando Torres back on a free, he scored 20 Lge goals for A Madrid as they won the title. will also try for Andre Silva from Porto who looks like mini Torres

Just finished season 3 won the champions league beating Bayern (Sturridge scored both goals) when i was 80-1 at the start but i let the league slip after leading mid season lost it by 1 pt to Utd went out early in both cups

season 2 has started brilliantly. won the Community shield and the super cup beating both Stoke and Bayern 1-0.

won my opening 2 PL games and got my CL group - Real Madrid, Basel & Fenerbache

massive changes made to the squad. have made near 250M in sales and spent 150m. All the usual suspects have been sold. benteke, balotelli, Allen, Milner, Ings, Skrtel, Lallana, with Moreno and Markovic going after i rec'd big bids and both asking to leave. 34.5m & 30m couldnt be turned down

players in

Rulli, Matip Fernando Torres & Ben Garratt on frees and 4/5 Regens for the youth squads. major signings was Kovacic for 39m with Ruben Neves, Brandt, Barbosa, Grimaldo, Andres Christensen, Andre Silva and Ward_prowse coming in.

squad is fairly beefy but still have to sell Mignolet and will prob let Flanagan leave too.

Season 3 review

League:2nd

Fa Cup:5th round

League cup:3rd round

Champions league:Winner

Overall:

Well I'm happy with that season took the lead mid season & was ontop until a mini slump in March cost me the title & losing 4 of my 1st 5 games but winning the champions league made up for that I beat Bayern 2-1 in the final Sturridge scoring both goals already signed Icardi & Goretzka sold Gotze back to Bayern for 50mil not sure if I'll play 4-4-2 with Sturridge & Icardi upfront or stick to my 4-2-3-1 & rotate both tried to sell Sturridge but only got a offer of 15mill when he's worth 28mill will keep him will post my squad later on

First season, got to Euro League Final.

We played Dortmund away.

We won 1-7..

Poor Dortmund.

Barbosa with 4.

FA Cup final next, Barbosa scored within 30 seconds, up 0-1 as I type this, WAIT!!! Barbosa scores again to make is 0-2 Lead!!

Won FA Cup 1-3, Barbosa with a Hat-Trick, so 7 goals in the last two games to Barbosa, what a Star!!!

Decided to start a game unemployed with the highest rating for experience and coaching badges hoping to take over a struggling mid-table top division side and make them a force in their respective league. However, the Klopp was sacked in December in the first season with the team sitting 17th in the league and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Promised the board a top half finish and managed to finish 6th on the last day of the season, level on points with West Ham but with a better goal difference. Highlight of the season was reaching the final of the Europa League. Unfortunately it wasn't to be a fairy tale ending as we came up against a strong Juventus side who had walked to the Serie A title and we were brushed aside 2-0 without offering much resistance. I didn't hold much hope as our form had been indifferent towards the end of the season but was still disappointed with the performance. Star performers were Sturridge, who I am managing to keep fit by rotating him with Benteke who was also outstanding for me. However, Coutinho ran the show from MC as an Advanced Playmaker.

In terms of signings, Klopp had only bought in Shane Long (yes I don't know why either!!!) in the summer. I recruited Asmir Begovic in Jan from Chelsea for £7.75m. Mignolet was out injured long term, and as I had little faith in him anyway, wanted a more reliable keeper for a few years until I can hopefully bring someone through the youth system. I let both Enrique and Toure leave for Swansea for small fees. More concerned with getting them off the wage budget than making money from them.

This season I plan on giving a chance to more of the youth already at the club, Gomez, Brannagan and Rossiter in particular and Grujic also coming in. However, Gotze was available from Bayern and with an asking price of just £9.25m I would have been stupid to let him go elsewhere and has been my only major singning. Got a couple of regens in as future prospects as my youth intake wasn't very good this year. Long, Lucas, Allen, Balotelli, Bogdan, Illori, Luis Alberto all left for pastures new. Total transfer spend is £14.75 with £41.4m coming in. Still have £71m to spend but I don't think that I can recruit better than I already have without paying over the odds for someone. Like the look of Icardi but I went all the way up to £71m which Inter still refused.

Looking forward to this season, have ambitions for a top four finish and hopefully some silverware. Struggled to get into a save this year but this one has reignited my passion.

has anyone managed to sell Mignolet for anything over 5m in season 1 or 2.

he's valued at over 17m for me and even tho I've offered him out for around 10-12m I can only get bids of 2.5-5m back. this is after season 1 where he had 16 clean sheets

Archived