Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

Oh wow lol.

I'd looked at his Twitter earlier and saw nothing new, I guess I hadn't set it to show all. He should just not answer the questions, he always comes off as passive aggressive and it clearly annoys him.

He's made it pretty obvious in the past he doesn't think too highly off the community , so why bother getting mad by replying to the same question over and over all day ?

I'd just like to say hi at this point...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh wow lol.

I'd looked at his Twitter earlier and saw nothing new, I guess I hadn't set it to show all. He should just not answer the questions, he always comes off as passive aggressive and it clearly annoys him.

He's made it pretty obvious in the past he doesn't think too highly off the community , so why bother getting mad by replying to the same question over and over all day ?

I still wonder why someone so lacking in social skills is the face of the company...

Cue the mass excitement for 24 hours when its released before a massive bug or two is found and everyone slates SI

Not a massive bug, a minor trend whether it is too many/few penalties, injuries, sackings, corner goals, offsides or 100 other things. One person says they have seen it, then everyone else piles in and assumes there is a bug the next time they see something. Ignoring real life statistics and common sense, before long we have a "massive bug" or untested game and lots of how can they release it and did no one test it type nonsense. Every single release.

Not a massive bug, a minor trend whether it is too many/few penalties, injuries, sackings, corner goals, offsides or 100 other things. One person says they have seen it, then everyone else piles in and assumes there is a bug the next time they see something. Ignoring real life statistics and common sense, before long we have a "massive bug" or untested game and lots of how can they release it and did no one test it type nonsense. Every single release.

Wasn't there a 'bug' a few years ago that didn't actually exist but mass hysteria built it up to be a game breaking thing?

What is needed to be in the beta? I bought FM15 on GMG and activated it on Steam, is that it or is there a separate code for the beta that I should be looking for?

Thats all you need my friend, now just wait till its released then you ready to download :thup:

He knows,he know,i tell ya, its a sign that beta is comming any min now...

As you've all updated your graphics drivers by now it's probably a good idea to install Filezilla and make sure you know how a FTP works as I'm sure you can't wait to help by uploading save games and screenies of any bugs you may find :)

The majority of the "bugs" people find are of the "Doc, it hurts when I slap myself in the face" variety.

Well, stop doing that then.

Wasn't there a 'bug' a few years ago that didn't actually exist but mass hysteria built it up to be a game breaking thing?

It's normally an injury bug. Despite the fact that FM has never in its history had close to a realistic number of injuries in it - even the one time there was an injury bug - it still didn't create as many injuries as real life!

It's normally an injury bug. Despite the fact that FM has never in its history had close to a realistic number of injuries in it - even the one time there was an injury bug - it still didn't create as many injuries as real life!

Ah yes! "My players keep getting injured in training. I've been doing high intensity fitness training to make them fitter but it's not working!"

I think that was with FM Live, something to do with the match engine, but it was in people's imaginations, so SI said they fixed it and there were no more complaints afterwards.

I <i>think</i> so, anyway.

Naw, that was in FML when they mistakenly released an unchanged ME as an update and everybody reported bug by the dozen :D

Except in reality what happens is people come into the impressions thread pointing out things they've seen , people pile on and defend the game saying they haven't seen it or giving the infamous "it's your tactics" nonsense , all the while in the bugs forum SI are acknowledging the bugs exist and whatever the issue raised was get patched later on. There were a lot of you guys getting really angry in the impressions thread last year denying issues existed that Paul Collyer had acknowledged in the bug forum

Everything you listed above was broken at some point and fixed by PaulC and his team or the rest of the guys at SI.

You people have to stop taking it so personally when people find faults with your favourite videogame. I'm sorry mate , the beta is going to have bugs and teh ME isn't going to be perfect , I doubt 15.0.0 will be either , probably best you stay out the impressions threads.

SIDENOTE :

Just watching the FM Doc, it's pretty decent , you all should buy it.

Whatever happened to it? Did users just start cancelling their subscription by the dozen and therefore the gameworlds had no users?

Pretty much they messed it up first time reset gameworlds so everyone lost progress, a lot of people left but they kept strugerling to get subscribers, but for any FM addict it was amazing. I think it does't help that someone always had to come last and people didn't like losing. But was a great game!

Another thing when they do release can you PLEASE keep the feedback thread for feedback, not comments like OMGZZZZ!!!! it's 63% downloaded because any such posts will be deleted and repeats might see the posters being deleted too.

Maintain your discipline please folks.

You people have to stop taking it so personally when people find faults with your favourite videogame. I'm sorry mate , the beta is going to have bugs and teh ME isn't going to be perfect

That's not really the point he was making though. He was quite correct in what he said. You see it all the time. An issue that may or may not be that serious can go weeks/months without anyone mentioning it, then one person will post about it, and suddenly it's happening in everyone's game and it's the most broken game ever, despite the fact the issue had been around for ages without anyone mentioning it. The corner issue is probably the most famous one in the last release. While it was acknowledged it was an error, and fixed, it was never as bad as people made out, and it was a good few weeks into the build it appeared on before anyone posted about it at all.

That's what I think the chap was trying to convey in his post.

That's not really the point he was making though. He was quite correct in what he said. You see it all the time. An issue that may or may not be that serious can go weeks/months without anyone mentioning it, then one person will post about it, and suddenly it's happening in everyone's game and it's the most broken game ever, despite the fact the issue had been around for ages without anyone mentioning it. The corner issue is probably the most famous one in the last release. While it was acknowledged it was an error, and fixed, it was never as bad as people made out, and it was a good few weeks into the build it appeared on before anyone posted about it at all.

That's what I think the chap was trying to convey in his post.

Pretty much, although the majority of them - whilst true once or twice ever - are reported incorrectly every year. The injury one being the most evident, it is always reported almost immediately that there are too many injuries. In fact, there are not enough injuries in every version of FM ever.

To the staff at SI....I think the official release of the beta should be announced in this thread first.....

Miles has said on Twitter today he'll have no forewarning of it going up.

Whatever happened to it? Did users just start cancelling their subscription by the dozen and therefore the gameworlds had no users?

You could write a novel on what went wrong with FML. The game had so much potential and I genuinely believe the community and the most vocal fanboys aided in it's failing. Game worlds were dying on their ass while people were doing their best Chemical Ali impression on the forum.

Last year the fullbacks just passively watched the entire game for a couple weeks and I remember another FM where regen progression was broken. It's probably tough for SI because they have to fix these things in real time, but they have to also test the fixes and make sure the final changes are perfect instead of just done quickly enough to satiate the forums.

Super psyched about the beta, I don't remember feeling this way around release day. I actually really, really loved 14 when they fixed the fullback thing, it was almost definitely my favorite. I made an okay editor file last year that people liked, you should give me early editor access, c'monnn ;)

Archived