Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great way of doing the videos :)

Question about the 2d/3d option; do they both play the same? As in, does the 3d engine play the same game of football as the 2d engine with the same player decisions and results; or are they 2 separate entities?

Yes, they play exactly the same. The engine is unaffected by your choice of how to display it.

Widgets! Love that!!!!! Even better than the 3D view.
looks absolutely fantastic in my opinion. Finally a game that isnt just an update of the last. Finally got me excited about FM again, well done SI. :D
Great 3D looks great and they still haven't finished it yet! Nice work SI im buying it defo! :D

Agree with you boys, simply put cannot wait for November 14th god willing

I'm amazed, 08' is by far the best FM to date, the ONLY one to keep me playing it in a regular basis till today, and quite happy the future looks promising

Loved the fact you guys are re-creating the transfers system from scratch, it's something we don't fully control, but please, be sure to control the chairmans correctly, it's a shame to see a chairman accepting offers when you're in the team for 7/8 years, but i guess that is already being improved

About the 3d, looks promising, it's nothing i really find useful, as i think the 2D game is more than enough, but since both will exist, why not? thanks

The fact you guys stuck to fm08 skin is good, it was the best to date, may not be amazing, but it certainly have a big rate of usability.

Looking forward for better quality videos, and screenshots, especially screenshots ;)

A bit sad it's coming ONLY on November, but it's better to come out awesome, than a good October release ;)

Resume, im am sure i'll be waiting for it on November 14 at the local store ;)

For women managers, is this only for human managers, or will there be female AI/regen managers too? Because without wanting to being sexist, it'd be a smidge unrealistic if the game started to get littered with female managers in the next few years. Not sexist, just a statement.

Glad to see SI catering for the girls out there though... might even be able to persuade my fiancee to join a game for a change!

Looks like they've improved the problematic areas, or at least so they say, so I'm looking forward to the demo.

However this 3D is something I'm certainly not likely to use. Based on the clips in these videos I don't like the looks of it at all. Players sliding on the ground, generally looks weird and will no doubt be lacking of animations as well. I still maintain we aren't ready for this yet. But I guess there's financial reasons for this as the game needs a selling feature so I can't blame them for it. As long as the 2D is still available I'm not really bothered.

I've been really critical of SI recently, the last game release, no matter what they say, was embarrassing. Almost every new feature was a mess, once again their communication was atrocious and all the faults totally put me off ever buying FM again.

But I have to admit it, I'm really really impressed with what I've seen today. SI has surprised me immensely. Yes 3D will be great for some and not for others, no problem, switch it off, but the changes I;ve seen and with the promise of fixes for confidence etc should make the game the best ever seen. Just little things like being able to view everything on one screen and utilising widgets, fantastic idea.

I'm surprisingly excited about this release, I didn't think I would be, I REALLY really hope that SI releases this game in a fit state because I have to say, the last two pre patch games were dreadful. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be different this time.

Very exiting, congrats SI!!!

I think that the topics covered in the video all sound rather promising, though I felt the same about promises in previous iterations of the game.

They do seem to be tackling many of the major issues that have been knocking about for years, and for me this was going to be necessary for me to invest in FM09 after my disappointment with board confidence implementation of FM2008.

I'm pleased at the new additions, and I very much hope that SI pull them off.

Where does it say there is an overhaul of the transfer system?

Miles said it in the second part video. He said hopefully it will beable to reflect real life more.

They ripped out all the code and started fresh.

Please dear God don't let the "no 3D" moaners effect the inclusion of the 3D match engine.

This is the most excited I have ever been about a game in my life.

I wanted only two things from Football Manager this year; a 3D match engine on the PC, and a 2D match engine on the PSP.

I would never have imagined I would have been given one of those things, let alone both of them.

God bless you SI, there is no better games developer.

Miles said it in the second part video. He said hopefully it will beable to reflect real life more.

They ripped out all the code and started fresh.

Oh, I thought people meant they'd changed the way that transfers are conducted. I'm sure he was just talking about who the AI sign, and that their signings will be realistic.

Archived