Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get why France are so insistent on long balls when they're high up the pitch. Doing it when they're deep and there's plenty of space is fine, it's also effective. But high up the pitch and scudding it high into 5'6 Valbuena, 5'9 Griezmann and Karim Benzema is not going to pay dividends...

Matuidi has been poor today, first time this tournament really. Looks out of his depth up against the German trio in midfield... should bring on Sissoko or Schneiderlin soon.

He's been the best player on the pitch since half-time.

Sakho worries me. Can't believe other Liverpool fans think he's good enough to build the defence around, dreadful on the ball.

He's not dreadful on the ball, he's average.

And as far as CBs go, he's fantastic defensively. Switch Sakho and Varane for the goal this afternoon and there's no goal. Sakho doesn't get bullied like that.

I hope Brazil and Colombia is a better game.

Don't be surprised if it is worse than this. Brazil are not a good team to watch in the first place and Colombia could be edgy because of Brazil's home advantage... however if Colombia attack like they have in every game so far it could be cracking. That style of play would suit Brazil more too, who prefer to counter-attack.

Sakho probably wouldn't have, you're right, but Varane is simply a class above,

On current ability? I disagree. They're about the same quality. Varane is a solid defender, undoubtedly, and with a ball at his feet he's very comfortable. But Sakho is like an "old-fashion centre half". No-nonsense, stops everything. He's very good, imo.

Every time I see Sakho play I always chukle at how much Liverpool paid for him. Just looks so clumsy and really can't play passing football.

What we paid for him is made even worse that he only had 1 yr left on his contract. The mind boggles :)

Archived