Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doubt this very much. When did Ribéry have a good tournament? Hasn't helped them in the past. Another overrated player

when did Robben have a good tournament before this one? he had a few decent games for Holland but wasn't as consistent as he's been in this one

Ribery could have done well for France, he might be overrated but we'll never know what he could have brought

I thought he was surprisingly good for a change in the last game to be honest. Poor penalty though, aye.

He wasn't good in the last game, he just was the least bad attacking player.

I thought he was surprisingly good for a change in the last game to be honest. Poor penalty though, aye.

He was better in the sense he was moving around more, but bar the handball goal, his final passing and his shooting in particular was wayward as usual. Just seems to always waste attacks with an awful effort :(

when did Robben have a good tournament before this one? he had a few decent games for Holland but wasn't as consistent as he's been in this oneRibery could have done well for France, he might be overrated but we'll never know what he could have brought
He was great at the 2010 World Cup.

I dislike this shoulder-holding thing from the Brazilians. Feels like a forced "LOOK HOW TOGETHER WE ARE" thing to me, whether they're together or not :lol: It's like something Woy would do with the England team to show their SPIRIT and PASSION for the FOOTBALL.

I dislike this shoulder-holding thing from the Brazilians. Feels like a forced "LOOK HOW TOGETHER WE ARE" thing to me, whether they're together or not :lol: It's like something Woy would do with the England team to show their SPIRIT and PASSION for the FOOTBALL.

Brazil's national team love this kind of thing, like the 1994 team holding their hands.

Big game for Mario Yepes, gonna have to be careful not to get ripped to shreds by Neymar. If Fred does his job properly then Neymar will be able to destroy Yepes... big if though, because Fred is Fred :D

Great to see Ferna starting again.

Maicon starting a WC QF in 2014. :D

He was finished 4 years ago at the top level after Bale run rings around him.

Finished in 2010 when he won the CL with Inter you mean?

Think you're getting 2010 and 2011 mixed up :brock:

(well, the 2011 season)

Armero/Guarin/Sanchez

Neymar/Hulk/Thiago Silva

5 out of 6 of those players would be MASSIVE misses for their countries in the semi-finals. No prizes for guessing which would not be missed :D Although Guarin missing isn't too bad because Aguilar has been great.

Armero/Guarin/Sanchez

Neymar/Hulk/Thiago Silva

5 out of 6 of those players would be MASSIVE misses for their countries in the semi-finals. No prizes for guessing which would not be missed :D Although Guarin missing isn't too bad because Aguilar has been great.

Sanchez would be a huge miss for Colombia if they got through and he got booked. Been very impressed by him. Think he would be a good fit in the PL but his age will probably prevent him from getting a move to a top 6 club possibly.

Armero was **** for West Ham last season but he has been good for the NT this WC.

Obviously Neymar and Silva would be massive misses for Brazil.

Yellow cards are wiped after this game btw.

Yellow cards are wiped after this game btw.

Didn't know this. That's good to hear, hate it when players miss the final because of too many yellow cards. It's the worst, most ridiculous rule in football.

so is it james or ham-es?

Whichever you prefer. The Spanish pronounce is "ham-ez" (well, Spanish speakers too obv), whereas English speakers say it as "jai-mz"... it's an English name so I tend to prefer jaimz, but half of the time I switch between them without realising :o

Hope we get the spray in the PL and CL soon-ish, quality addition to the game imo.

Should have been brought in years ago really, absolutely no reason whatsoever not to bring it in to the PL.

Archived