Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst thing is, it seemed like the FK was blocked illegally and the kick taker(s) didn't give a ****...

If you're the free kick taker, you can complain all you like, ref isn't going to do anything

Same joke of a ref that forgot to send Godin off against England tbf

tbf to the ref and the others, they have clearly been told not to book people. ok, I don't want every tackle being booked, but we have gone way too far the other way

tbf to the ref and the others, they have clearly been told not to book people. ok, I don't want every tackle being booked, but we have gone way too far the other way

This is true I think. The refs have given few bookings early in the games, trying to not spam them I guess. But sometimes it's warranted and not given, which has been the case a fair few times.

Those were Brazil's best 45 minutes in the World Cup so far but Colombia will surely improve in the second half, as they usually do, while Brazil can't keep the same tempo the whole game.

Meh, I'm still right :brock:

It's not an easy thing to do, obviously.

My point was just that every commentator talks about "can he get it up and down" and well, it doesn't matter if he can or not, because there's more than one way to score a FK ffs. He could've blasted it low, hit it round the wall, aimed for the 'wrong' corner (opposite maybe a better choice of word here) or just hit it high and score anyway, because not all walls jump and sometimes jumping isn't always enough anyway.

Commentators just peddle clichés and it does my head in.

Those were Brazil's best 45 minutes in the World Cup so far but Colombia will surely improve in the second half, as they usually do, while Brazil can't keep the same tempo the whole game.

Perhaps not, but having an extra man always helps :thup:

I think both teams will be going off at half time shaking each others hands just to hear the manager saying "that was just the first half, another half to come".

Both teams going at it like there was only 10 minutes to go since the first ball was kicked, good stuff, the ref has to get a grip though.

Yeah that's the best Brazil have played so far and probably the worst that Colombia have played yet. (Not that they were overly poor mind)

Very good opening half hour in the game before it slowed down a little towards HT.

Neymar, Fred and Hulk swapping shirts at HT :thdn:
Hate to see that. Should be banned.

Swapping shirts at half time is common in Brazil, I can't see what's wrong with doing that.

Swapping the shirts won't affect their performance in second half though.

Whilst that's true, the niceties and friendly crap can wait til after there's a victor.

Ibarbo been non-existent, Ozil-esque in the first half. Good that he's come off. Hopefully Ramos wlil be more involved.

FWIW swapping shirts at HT doesn't bother me, I just don't understand it... I'd save all of that for after the game. Don't get why you'd do it at half-time. Like I say though, it doesn't annoy me or bother me.

I dont see all the fake outrage at shirt swapping think about it, they are literally just swapping shirts..what on earth is the problem?

There's fake outrage at pretty much everything, might as well add shirt swapping to the list.

I tell you what, if you were playing against the likes of Neymar and knew this could be your only chance to get his top you would probably ask him to swap as soon as the ball went out for a throw. :)

No harm in it.

There's fake outrage at pretty much everything, might as well add shirt swapping to the list.

What annoys me is the term 'fake outrage'.

I can be pissed off you know, it doesn't need to be classed as 'outrage' or 'fake outrage'.

'fake outrage'. It's the most condescending term I've come across on the internet. Oh no, I'm displaying fake outrage over the term now :rolleyes:

Archived