Quarter Finals - France vs Germany (17:00 BST) & Brazil vs Colombia (21:00 BST)

gillsminnow

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On current ability? I disagree. They're about the same quality. Varane is a solid defender, undoubtedly, and with a ball at his feet he's very comfortable. But Sakho is like an "old-fashion centre half". No-nonsense, stops everything. He's very good, imo.

Haha fantastic. Disagree all you want but it's not even debatable that Varane is far, far, far, far ahead of Sakho.

Varane is one of the best in the world, Sakho is...not.

Haha fantastic. Disagree all you want but it's not even debatable that Varane is far, far, far, far ahead of Sakho.

Varane is one of the best in the world, Sakho is...not.

Haha, nice exaggeration. He's still a kid and he's still got much to learn. The way Hummels schooled him for the goal says it all, really.

German so dirty :D

Allee Allee

Allee Allee

Eine Straße, viele Bäume

das ist eine Allee

(Lane Lane

a street with many trees

that is a lane)

(Popular in Germany since WC in France)

Oezil the invisible man. Hasn't done anything of note in 5 starts or something this tournament :lol:

How he continues to be an automatic inclusion considering the talent around him...

e: Oh wait he scored an open goal in the Algeria game, my bad.

Haha, nice exaggeration. He's still a kid and he's still got much to learn. The way Hummels schooled him for the goal says it all, really.

German so dirty :D

He's handled Messi a few times, I'm sure they'll forgive a mistake today.

Think you must be one of the few who doesn't think Varane is one of the world's best, you surely can't be a big La Liga watcher if you think so.

He's handled Messi a few times, I'm sure they'll forgive a mistake today.

Think you must be one of the few who doesn't think Varane is one of the world's best, you surely can't be a big La Liga watcher if you think so.

Watch La Liga more than any other league bar the BPL.

I'm not doubting his quality, but to say he's one of the world's best is gross exaggeration over him imo.

That makes no sense?

"I'll play with 10 strikers and a goalkeeper, we're guaranteed a goal that way!"

Throwing more strikers on the pitch =/= likelihood of scoring.

United seemed to pull it off in previous seasons.

That makes no sense?

"I'll play with 10 strikers and a goalkeeper, we're guaranteed a goal that way!"

Throwing more strikers on the pitch =/= likelihood of scoring.

No point doing a like for like swap and keeping the formation that hasn't worked for 80+ minutes, need a goal so adds another striker.

No point doing a like for like swap and keeping the formation that hasn't worked for 80+ minutes, need a goal so adds another striker.

The only reason it 'hasn't worked for 80+ minutes' is because Benzema has squandered every chance that's been created :D

Archived