Match 6 - Group D - Uruguay vs Costa Rica - 20:00 BST

Moto Club

42484_500.jpg

201302201552-Castelao-jpg_232504.jpg

Arena Castelão - Fortaleza - Brazil

Fortaleza-beach-007.jpg

Today, the first match in Fortaleza, 5th largest city in Brazil. Fortaleza is known as "Land of Light".

Venue: Arena Castelão (Capacity: 60,348)

Referee: Felix Brych (Germany)

Assistant Referees: Mark Borsch (Germany) and Stefan Lupp (Germany)

Fourth Referee: Victor Carrillo (Peru)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shouldn't be too dissimilar to the Colombia-Greece match: only one team will look to attack here. Difference is Costa Rica aren't that good at defending - despite going at it with 11 men regularly - and do possess a bit of genuine pace and threat on the counter. You'd fancy Uruguay to win whichever way, but Uruguay without Suarez (is he playing?) really aren't that impressive, aging side that has regressed from 4 years ago, will probably rely on a set piece or a header from Cavani to unlock the first crucial goal.

Learned loads about Costa Rica there, hopefully after the break they go to England HQ so I can digest it all.

I am just looking out the window watching birds fly around the garden, more interesting than this ITV pre-match crap that has been going on since the first game.

I will just switch on 2 minutes before the game starts.

Truly is that poor that you can't switch the telly on for a pre-match build up anymore, well at least the BBC has been quite good.

There's something ironic about people complaining about the build up all being the same England talk on ITV and then repeating this over and over and over in every thread

should turn it into a drinking game, it will happen until England are eliminated from the tournament

happened in most World Cups I've watched so it's a tradition to me now :cool: apart from 94 which when everybody pretended to be Ireland's friends

Archived