Pre-Tournament Friendlies

Robokid87

Netherlands - Wales, HT 1-0, Robben putting away a loose ball after a cross was fired into the goal mouth. We're doing well possession-wise. Still not very threatening in front of goal though, we won't trouble heavy-weights like this. A few high balls forward looked potentially threatening, but I'd like to see the Hunter at the end of those, not RvP.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The commentator keeps going on about a Welsh player that could make a difference. Remzi Andbaile or something like that. Never heard of, can't imagine he'd be that good ;)

FT 2-0. Yes, I see progress. Some attacks, when the players finally played one-touch football, looked very good. Spain will not blow us away, of that I'm sure at least.

• SI Staff
The commentator keeps going on about a Welsh player that could make a difference. Remzi Andbaile or something like that. Never heard of, can't imagine he'd be that good ;)

I thought it was Bill Andramchi - but my old ears sometimes deceive me.

• SI Staff
FT 2-0. Yes, I see progress. Some attacks, when the players finally played one-touch football, looked very good. Spain will not blow us away, of that I'm sure at least.

1-1, 1-0, 2-0.

There sits a rising line in!

Argentina have been good. Bit worrying to get caught out as they have, as often as they have, by such a weak side, but they should have scored six in this half alone.

Of course T&T are playing 'as if' they've got nothing to lose, so they're wide open whilst creating at least something. That makes it an enjoyable match.

Belgium - Tunesia suspended after 25 minutes because of a hail storm. Looks like the apocalypse out there, pitch is white from hail stones the size of tennis balls.

Funny thing is, it's 30° out here. I'm about 20 miles north of the stadium and over here it's a clear sky.

BrilliantTastyBronco.gif

Brilliant.

Watch the attacker for Luxembourg on the far post, he is already walking back up the pitch, the body language says it all.

Doesn't want to even look at the ball and his arms swinging, you can almost hear him say "what a lot of ****".

Archived