Pre-Tournament Friendlies

Robokid87

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching Argentina. 1-0 at halftime, Ricky Alvarez with a goal that I actually initially thought went wide :D

Messi and Aguero on the bench. Argentina "B" 1-0 Slovenia.

Not cancelled, just waiting to continue. Pitch is covered with hailstones so I'm not sure how long this is going to take.

They are such a bunch of sissies to stop the game just because of this. :D

Jokes aside, video here:

[video=youtube_share;Qx3LXDubZa0]http://youtu.be/Qx3LXDubZa0

I hope it's nothing serious, this World Cup already looks rubbish as it is, it will be even worse if another interesting player misses the tournament.

I hope it's nothing serious, this World Cup already looks rubbish as it is, it will be even worse if another interesting player misses the tournament.

Looked like mildly sprained ankle ligaments to me. Not sure how long a player needs to rest with that injury

Looked like mildly sprained ankle ligaments to me. Not sure how long a player needs to rest with that injury

Yes, I haven't read anything suggesting it's bad, but press here a bit scared he might miss the tournament.

Scoreline tells me everything iirc.

Actually it doesn't - need to add the 20 mins against 10 men in there too.

At least those lot got to the World Cup unlike Luxembourg :p

To be fair all the big teams I've watched over the last couple of weeks never really left 1st gear to be honest.

France, England, Italy, Argentina looked like they were definitely just taking it easy and clearly saving their best for the World Cup. Surely they all wont be that poor next week. France did have a spell where the looked good against Norway however.

Fluminense:

Felipe

Bruno

Carlinhos

Gum

Fabrício

Diguinho

D. Conca

Jean

Chiquinho

Gustavo

Walter

Italy:

M. Perin

G. Paletta

M. Darmian

I. Abate

A. Ranocchia

Thiago Motta

A. Aquilani

A. Cerci

M. Parolo

C. Immobile

L. Insigne

Hopefully Jamaica will be better than this in Copa América next year.

We have been actually making some progress tbh. Today just proved how inferior we are. If only players like Sterling and Sturridge represented Jamica we would be much better. At least Puncheon is joining up :D

We have been actually making some progress tbh. Today just proved how inferior we are. If only players like Sterling and Sturridge represented Jamica we would be much better. At least Puncheon is joining up :D

Shame they didn't, I suppose besides playing for a bigger national team, they didn't want all the intercontinental traveling that they would have to deal with if they were to choose Jamaica.

Shame they didn't, I suppose besides playing for a bigger national team, they didn't want all the intercontinental traveling that they would have to deal with if they were to choose Jamaica.

Yeah I guess so and add to the fact that England are better but there is always a starting point. Annoying with Sterling as he is Jamaican born and was considering playing for our NT before and his mother wanted him to as well. He is still eligible on paper :D Apart from Sturridge and Sterling there is also Ravel Morrison who said he will consider representing Jamaica but doubt it. Then there is Jonathan de Guzman, Nathan Dyer, Ashley Young, Walcott and many more. I am proud to say they have Jamaican heritage :D

Archived