Pre-Tournament Friendlies

Robokid87

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany weren't great today especially defensively, although I thought Durm impressed on his debut. It was also good to see Khedira playing another hour or so, as when in form he's quite important to the team.

Germany weren't great today especially defensively, although I thought Durm impressed on his debut. It was also good to see Khedira playing another hour or so, as when in form he's quite important to the team.

I thought Durm was exposed. The defence was a weakpoint and imo Durm did not contribute much and Moukandjo seemed to get the beating of him on several occasions imo.

I didn't see the game but heard Khedira was his usual self - left the defence too exposed because he has absolutely no defensive discipline.

Germany's injury problems are obviously a problem, but it's an even bigger problem if you rely on such a limited player.

He was always going to be exposed, really. I just felt that, for a young guy who's only been in the first team squad for this year, he did well. He won't start, but as a young guy he's an alright backup.

I thought Durm was exposed. The defence was a weakpoint and imo Durm did not contribute much and Moukandjo seemed to get the beating of him on several occasions imo.

Durm was one of the best german players. Absolutely focused and playing as if he got 50 caps already. It wasnt his fault that the team didnt get going. Tough guy it seems, guys like him are needed in the team. And if he plays like that he is way ahead of Schmelzer (who almost NEVER contributes). He most of the time was in control of Moukandjo (apart from the one moment after that Moukandjo failed the one-on-one against Weidenfeller), so no worries about that.

That was an interesting result, I thought. Was that a full Honduran side too, was it in Honduras?

Weren't Cameroon a bit rubbish a few days back too and now a decent result against Germany? You can't take much from these friendlies though, unless England lose of course and then it's the worst thing ever. We generally get decent results in these matches before tournaments, it's the performances that are an issue

Was at the Germany v Cameroon game last night. No need for Germany to press the panic button imo - missing Neuer, Mertesacker, Lahm and Schweinsteiger from the team and Podolski, Schurrle etc. didn't come on until the last half hour. But Cameroon were a LOT better than I expected... could easily get through their group 2nd behind Brazil when you think Mexico struggled so much in qualifying and Croatia are weaker than in previous years. You can get 9/2 on them qualifying for the second round.

Was at the Germany v Cameroon game last night. No need for Germany to press the panic button imo - missing Neuer, Mertesacker, Lahm and Schweinsteiger from the team and Podolski, Schurrle etc. didn't come on until the last half hour. But Cameroon were a LOT better than I expected... could easily get through their group 2nd behind Brazil when you think Mexico struggled so much in qualifying and Croatia are weaker than in previous years. You can get 9/2 on them qualifying for the second round.

Mertesacker was playing. Think he played the whole 90 mins in fact.

You sure you were there? :D

From Leeds. Went to England v Peru at Wembley on Friday, Holland v Ghana in Rotterdam on Saturday, Germany v Cameroon in Monchengladbach last night.

So yeah, driven 500-odd miles back from Germany today :D

Brazil really making sure they get a proper challenge before they face Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon *cough* 9 points *coughs*

Brazil will play against Serbia on Friday, hopefully it will be harder than Panama.

Do people in Brazil consider that a waste of time or they get positive about it?

Most don't even care about these games to even consider it a waste of time.

But it's fairly usual for Brazil to play against rubbish teams before the World Cup, so that's not criticized too much nowadays.

Archived