BBC or ITV for the World Cup?

Razzler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't get Super Sunday in Italy mate :D

:D

But in seriousness, I've heard a few people say things like that (someone on 5 live said something similar this morning.) Do they honestly think they'll see Sterling/Barkley and think "goodness, who on earth is this?!?!" Do they seriously think top teams (or any team there) haven't done some research into the opposition? There's plenty of reasons to start Sterling, but "they won't know about him" is just plain wrong.

But in seriousness, I've heard a few people say things like that (someone on 5 live said something similar this morning.) Do they honestly think they'll see Sterling/Barkley and think "goodness, who on earth is this?!?!" Do they seriously think top teams (or any team there) haven't done some research into the opposition? There's plenty of reasons to start Sterling, but "they won't know about him" is just plain wrong.

I agree fully, but then, as I said to you on Twitter earlier, I expect nothing less from the BBC :(

No, that's not quite what he meant! Internationals from the continent would have played against more seasoned players like Rooney and Gerrard than the relative newcomers such as Sterling and Sturridge.

It's not an invalid point. Of coarse they know of them, they'll just be less familiar.

anybody sick to death of twitter polls?

I prefer the bbc because there is more chemistry between them all, you can tell they spend a lot of time together watching matches/playing golf, where as the itv lot just look like they meet up 5 minutes before going live and see who can look the least awkward when listening to chiles try to be funny

anybody sick to death of twitter polls?

I prefer the bbc because there is more chemistry between them all, you can tell they spend a lot of time together watching matches/playing golf, where as the itv lot just look like they meet up 5 minutes before going live and see who can look the least awkward when listening to chiles try to be funny

Abso-freaking-lutely

Not just football but everything.

Let's hear from people on Twitter ... just cause people are commenting it doesn't mean you need to read it or they will be worth reading

"Will Sterling start ... tweet this or that" ... why?

I can understand why a TV show would promote a Twitter poll as it gets people talking about a show which more people might watch with increased visibility.

I don't understand why people use 'official' hashtags - it's the kind of thing old people do because they don't really get it.

Its a shame there isn't a button you could press thats an option for no commentary and just watch the match like being at the game,Sky used to have an option for watching from behind a goal which was great,thats the place I sit when I'm at a game!

BBC games(as I've said already)just use the Audio option better commentary,camera before game is watching crowd/stadium/tunnel area/players warming up ,so I don't see the pricks summarising in the studio,,,ITV I have TV@PC in same room,just turn the sound down on TV or watch Sky till kick off lol

I'm liking whole thing so far :D

Shearer thinking Italy "won't know a lot about" Sterling :applause:
They don't get Super Sunday in Italy mate :D

This is a big constituent part of my rant about the UK Tv commentators and pundits in the 'State....' thread.

Just because xxxx doesn't play in the Premiership and you know jack-**** about him doesn't mean

A. He's a no-hoper playing for a diddy-side

B. The league he plays in must be ****

C. He's a 'dark-horse' and a 'revelation'

D. He's an 'unknown quantity' and 'well plenty of people are going to know his name after this tournament!'

What it does mean is -

1. You're an over-paid lazy arsehole who quite clearly hasn't bothered to do any actual research, even if it just meant watching BT Sport..........

Archived