[FM2014] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded *OUT NOW*

Really sorry to hear that mm. It's a real sickener for those of us who were looking forward to playing a career game with your file, but, most of all, for you, after all the many hours of effort you have put in. Really appreciate all your efforts and hope you will still have the enthusiasm to put a FM2015 file together, game bugs permitting.

All the best

Improvise

I couldn't say it better myself, thank you anyway for your hard work and hopefully you will still be motivated for FM 2015 or other versions...

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With enormous regret I have had to stop working on this project for FM14. I can no longer afford to spend my time working on a broken product.

I wasn't planning on using this this year, but I have used older versions in the past on older FM's and know how much work has gone into it. Really poor show from SI not to get the underlying issues fixed, especially as it is a major update for many FM'ers, AND you've been on at them for so long to fix it... :(

as i said before somewhere... good games have new versions every 3-4 or even 5-6 years. We have new FM every year and this is main problem. They dont have enough time to fix all bugs. Here is all about money and nothing else. Also they dont have any serious competition so they can do whatever they want.

Competition = Quality

Chas, this would have been released by now. However as you will see by reading through this thread SI's shortcomings with the game and the editor may have made it impossible. Despite not having a download this is still a project and does not belong in the main forum which should be reserved for queries and help requests along with discussion.

Thanks to all our fans who have used our releases in the past - to whom I provide one final update from myself. I have made the decision to stop working on updates for Football Manager indefinitely. The project files have been passed to uncle ron, who started the project off and allowed me to join him and carry on his work. Whether he carries on the work is now up to him and if he does carry on I wish him the very best of luck and support should he need it.

For those who do not know why I have stopped this project, you only have to look around to find that the Editor has a lot of bugs which are ruining people's work. Sports Interactive don't seem to realise that these projects take months/years to perfect, and to stop supporting the game after a few months and neglecting bugs raised is not the way forward.

To those that are still providing updates to users of FM14, the choice is yours but I warn you that at some point you will realise how poor the support from SI is when it comes to your work and the hundreds of hours you may spend working on it. I have realised it twice - with the poor FM14 Editor and with the sudden decision to block discussion of the Advanced Rules when it was not supported.

I only hope for Sports Interactive's benefit that some day there is a true competitor to Football Manager, one that forces SI to really strive for excellence. Perhaps then and only then will their policies change.

Well it looks like I'll now be one of the guys using old versions of the game for the foreseeable future now.

Thanks Magic for your efforts and I'll run FM12 and FM13 until the OS doesn't support them any more I guess.

Has anyone tried FX Eleven to see if it's possible to create mods for it?

I'm very sorry to hear this magic, but I can understand you completely after reading all the posts in the bugs forum. This update was the only reason to buy/play FM and I'm shocked to see that SI doesn't value customers who are advocating and perfecting their product.

Without these fans they wouldn't have survived the Eidos split! The greatest difference was that football manager had a soul(the fans) and championship manager and even Fifa manager were shiny empty boxes. There was no huge marketing campaign for football manager, word to mouth from the fans has made this the most successful football manager simulation game ever.

I'm very disappointed because I truly believed in all my naivety that SI was a special company. Having learned my lesson, I will stop pre-ordering football manager and there is even a possibility that I will skip my first version since cm 99/00.

The inability of SI to provide a robust and functional editor (and any sort of useful manual/documentation to use it) means that I will likely bow out from purchasing the next few iterations of FM, not because I do much editing myself, but that I enjoy playing lower-league edited databases, speculative/fantasy databases and global competition databases created by the FM community. Besides, being told that broken/non-functional game features will be fixed in FM'15 instead of in FM'14 tells me that quality takes a back seat to yearly cash grabs (see: EA/Madden). Besides, I have 5 variably-finished editions of FM now, I don't need a 6th.

The inability of SI to provide a robust and functional editor (and any sort of useful manual/documentation to use it) means that I will likely bow out from purchasing the next few iterations of FM, not because I do much editing myself, but that I enjoy playing lower-league edited databases, speculative/fantasy databases and global competition databases created by the FM community. Besides, being told that broken/non-functional game features will be fixed in FM'15 instead of in FM'14 tells me that quality takes a back seat to yearly cash grabs (see: EA/Madden). Besides, I have 5 variably-finished editions of FM now, I don't need a 6th.

These are almost my exact thoughts with where FM is going. Like you I don't do any editing besides maybe turning on all the reserve leagues for the EEE mod. But people like Magic did this for nothing in return but our enjoyment and also increase the playability of the limited English league structure included in the game. Figure I'll stick with fm12/fm13 for the future which is cool, but really liked the idea of Linux support in FM14 but FM14 doesn't have the features I rely on to play.

There is a lower league file from FCUtd.Will, so i dont see why some people dont use that if they are so desperate to play lower leagues in FM14.

But i understand the frustration of magicmastermind with the poor support of the advanced editor.

There is a lower league file from FCUtd.Will, so i dont see why some people dont use that if they are so desperate to play lower leagues in FM14.

But i understand the frustration of magicmastermind with the poor support of the advanced editor.

Not familiar with FCUtd's (have seen it listed) file but Magic's yearly file traditionally include all the lower level cups to included the youth league cups. It was also very easy to go into the xml file and turn on all the reserves and actually have fixtures.leagues and cups for them as well. FCUtd is doing his with the basic editor which does limit what you can do, but have read the posts about FCUtd's plans and he is ambitious.

Is this file completely unplayable, or can I use it to some extend (for example, just levels 1-6)?

Don't remember if Magic said how far down the pyramid the bug effects the mod. I believe he just packed in the whole effort which is a shame but understandable. I still had my FM13 save going so just went back to FM13.

For those who do not know why I have stopped this project, you only have to look around to find that the Editor has a lot of bugs which are ruining people's work. Sports Interactive don't seem to realise that these projects take months/years to perfect, and to stop supporting the game after a few months and neglecting bugs raised is not the way forward.

This is pretty much why I stopped working on various databases too (school leagues database, youth development project, and the lower league pyramid). I must have spent three times as much time on database projects last year than I did actually playing the bloody game! I submitted bug report after bug report for the FM13 editor only to find most of them popped back up in the FM14 editor - so I totally get where you're coming from. The time investment just isn't worth it at the moment. I'm sure the editor will get more and more stable with each edition, but at the moment, like you, I personally can't justify investing the hours I did like last year on projects that ultimately fail thanks to obscure issues within the editor.

The full club names database, fixing team text contrast issues, and a fairly unambitious lower league activation database is all I've bothered tinkering with this year. Roll on FM15 editor - lets hope you receive some love and attention....

SI have seemingly fixed the issue now, and I am no longer seeing it here. My absence was intended as I never thought they would fix the issue. I guess I was wrong!

I am going to hammer out a release as soon as possible. Get out there and tell everyone!

This is great news Mastermind!! Although it may mean I have to drop my current save and start over, but it will be worth it!!

This is great news Mastermind!! Although it may mean I have to drop my current save and start over, but it will be worth it!!

It will most definitely be worth it. I just need to test the file, it's practically complete so it shouldn't take too long to release.

Shame to see you go magic, you've put a heck of a lot of work in. Hopefully at somepoint soon you'll be back

Can you see into the future?

Oh the irony!

It took you packing up to allow me to finally get in to a save. Just 12 hours ago I was in the office tweaking tactics and thinking about my new Luton save.

Come in, see the changelist, see your reply, load the luton save and just think.... MEH

Literally can not wait!

SI have seemingly fixed the issue now, and I am no longer seeing it here. My absence was intended as I never thought they would fix the issue. I guess I was wrong!

I am going to hammer out a release as soon as possible. Get out there and tell everyone!

Great to hear mate, never leave us again :p

But seriously, good to see issue fixed and welcome back!

Thanks for your support guys, without it this wouldn't be possible.

A brief update: I am running a test version where for the first time in FM all the teams are in the correct league. I need to check that everything is okay before releasing, but most of this has already been checked, so it won't be too long before the release. I hope to bring this to you for the weekend (but don't hold me to it just in case!)

How many games do clubs at level 7 and 8 play in a season, on average?
46 league games at Level 7, 46 for Isthmian League Division One with 42 for Southern and Northern Premier Leagues, plus three cup games, one in the league cup, one in the FA Cup and one in the FA Trophy. There's some county cup games as well, so could be at least 50.

Archived