[FM2014] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded *OUT NOW*

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep up the good work. Waiting patiently on this being ready.

Practically it is ready but due to the bugs in FM2014 that need fixing (that is, incorrect teams in leagues) that I have reported to SI I cannot release it. I'm hoping after some respite SI will bring out a fix and we can release this file to everyone. I hope that fix does not happen to be the January Transfer patch, and that it arrives soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any further news on this? It sounds like it going to be amazing. Really looking forward to using it!

That depends on SI's ability to fix the bugs that are stopping this from being released. If there weren't any bugs we would have released this already. As it stands, things are currently out of our hands. Once the problems are fixed, I'll be carrying on with the testing of the file and will get this out to everyone as soon as possible. I'm very much looking forward to that day!

Yes, they have reviewed the problem, a small patch (14.2.2) was since released but the bug is still around so I would hope that they are fixing it for the next patch.

I hope that SI's passiveness hasn’t demotivated you guys to continue this tremendous yearly effort. Keep up the good work!

We will have to wait for the January Transfer Update before we can reassess the file and see if the problems are fixed. In the meantime we are still working on the file. We have to admit that we are disappointed that we haven't been able to release as of yet, but given that we usually have to patch and update for the inevitable transfer patch, extra time has been given to make improvements to the file. I sincerely hope that the wait is worth it for everyone, and would like to once again thank everyone for their patience.

Thanks for the update mm. It's frustrating for those of us waiting for the file but it must be even worse for you, having put in so much work. I've gone back to playing FM2013 until there are further tweaks to FM2014 and your file is available as, judging by the comments on many threads, FM2014 is still something of a disaster at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

@magicmastermind124

Hi, mate. :D I was wondering if you had FM 2012 advanced panel activation. If you do, I would like to ask you to send me a link to it, I can't log in box.com (forgot my pass, it's been too long since I last played 2012 edition) to find it there.

Thank you in advance, cheers. :thup:

@magicmastermind124

Hi, mate. :D I was wondering if you had FM 2012 advanced panel activation. If you do, I would like to ask you to send me a link to it, I can't log in box.com (forgot my pass, it's been too long since I last played 2012 edition) to find it there.

Thank you in advance, cheers. :thup:

I don't have it anymore. If I recall correctly, to activate it you had to open format.xml and move the adva section inside the file section, then change one line so that it read <list> instead of <list id="adva">. I may be wrong, obviously it is not supported in those versions and you've always got the Advanced Rules in FM14 and presumably going forward to fall back on.

Still no word from SI? How about bombarding Miles again with tweets on twitter?

Someone gets me some time off work and a plane ticket and I'll come over. Miles will have an unwashed Yank living in his garden. I'll be there like a garden gnome greeting him every morning and evening with the same question as I get worse looking each day. In the end it will look like he's taking in the unwashed homeless.

14.3.0 is out

PRE-GAME EDITOR

- Fixed a number of unique crashes when verifying files in Advanced Rules

- Restored a number of verification warnings that were previously not generating

- Fixed an issue where fixture rules were removed when adding lower divisions to existing structures and converting to Advanced Riles

- Fixed an issue where certain leagues' default rules appeared with no dates or promotion/relegation information

- Improved the functionality of average points tables in custom nation rules

- Fixed a rare issue where a player would be given a positional rating of 20 and it would not extract into the game properly

I have just tried the file for the latest update and I still have the problems that I have described in post #19.

I'm uploading the file I am using for you to take a look at, and a save game that utilises the file. Save game is EEE Save 1 Test and edited file is FMU FM2014 EEE v8.0 Test 14.dbc, both in game-xml.

The files have verified, no errors and nothing in the comp error log file in the Editor.

But when loaded in the game, certain teams have been swapped around:

Abingdon United, who should be in the Hellenic Premier (inactive) are in the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League D1N and the Isthmian League D1S.

Rushall Olympic, who should be in the Northern Premier League, are in the Southern League Premier.

AFC Hayes, who should be in the Southern League D1C, are in the Southern League D1SW.

Redbridge, who should be in the Isthmian League D1N, are in the Southern League D1C.

Faversham Town, who should be in the Isthmian League D1S, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League D1C but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

Poole Town, who should be in the Southern League Premier, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League Premier but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

Merthyr Town, who should be in the Southern League D1SW, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League D1SW but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

This swap around results in the competitions being balanced in number, which is why the editor's verification system is not spotting the fault.

Hopefully this can be looked into as a matter of urgency.

We will need to wait and see again I am afraid guys. Things are not looking too good. I am trying anything now to try and get this to work.

Are there any work arounds? I'm sure people will except 1 or 2 inaccuracies in irder to use the file. We all really appreciate the work that you guys are putting into this. Pity the editor is not quite up to scratch!

Are there any work arounds? I'm sure people will except 1 or 2 inaccuracies in irder to use the file. We all really appreciate the work that you guys are putting into this. Pity the editor is not quite up to scratch!

I would be very surprised if people wanted to play with this release considering the horrible bug I mentioned on post #175, which is what I am trying to fix. If that can be fixed, the file will be good to go.

Alternatively I could support an older version of FM, but I'd rather not do that as I would lose a lot of work that had to be done last year to get this file to work with FM13. If I did go back I would only support FM12.

I would be very surprised if people wanted to play with this release considering the horrible bug I mentioned on post #175, which is what I am trying to fix. If that can be fixed, the file will be good to go.

Alternatively I could support an older version of FM, but I'd rather not do that as I would lose a lot of work that had to be done last year to get this file to work with FM13. If I did go back I would only support FM12.

The only thing that we can do is add more pressure to SI by complaining, remember that last year they brought out their last patch 13.3.3 on the 28th of March!

I can't understand the lack of communication in the bugs forum that's just terrible customer service, especially because the advanced editor was the only killer feature for this edition.

Have FM12 as well so could go back to that version as well. Doesn't have to be FM14 or FM15 for me as your patch is what gets me playing and spreading word of mouth about giving this a try to my American sports fans.

had a fixture problem with my db i created where after editing fa cup to include early rounds premier league etc wouldn't play on fa cup weekend dates and still dont work after patch there customer service is rubbish. no help at all and considering this problem i'm having also happened in FM12 and FM13 thought they would have fixed that basic error for game release not to still be waiting 5 months and still no fix

best version in 4-5 years :thup:

It is certainly the best in terms of the editor. Other that the one downside of having to manually change the XML for advanced rules to load it into the editor, FM12 has the capability of allowing massive user expansion thanks to being able to load dbc's into the database. I have spoken to others who are in agreement, and one day I would probably go back to it anyway.

Well, as i have said, maybe its time to bombard Miles on Twitter again, telling him how disappointed we are. Im shocked to see that they didnt fix this for the release. This file is the only reason i continue playing FM. And by god i have played manager games since The Boss on Commodore 64.

And whats the disadvantage of basic rules so that magicmastermind doesnt want to use that? Im sorry, you both surely want to achieve the best for the community, im just curious.

With the advanced rules you can add a lot more things, like say if you got promoted to Level 6 using advanced rules you can remove the Level 7/8 cup competitions (that's only something simple in the advanced rules section, they go more in-depth)

I like the advanced rules myself, but I don't know where to start with them so I use the basic rules. I've always used the basic rules so have stuck with what I know. My files have got better over the last couple of years as I've been learning while editing.

I'm back playing FM2012 and it's a breath of fresh air after the last two steaming piles. However, this db update for FM2012 appears to no longer exist, at least the download links for it are dead. Is there anywhere that I can still get hold of this file? Thanks.

I'm back playing FM2012 and it's a breath of fresh air after the last two steaming piles. However, this db update for FM2012 appears to no longer exist, at least the download links for it are dead. Is there anywhere that I can still get hold of this file? Thanks.

I have just checked and the download links still work. FM2012 Release.

With enormous regret I have had to stop working on this project for FM14. I can no longer afford to spend my time working on a broken product.

Really sorry to hear that mm. It's a real sickener for those of us who were looking forward to playing a career game with your file, but, most of all, for you, after all the many hours of effort you have put in. Really appreciate all your efforts and hope you will still have the enthusiasm to put a FM2015 file together, game bugs permitting.

All the best

Improvise

Archived