[FM2014] FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded *OUT NOW*

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks a lot. are you planning an update in the next days? just to plan whether to go ahead with my save or wait for the next release...

What I have done in the mean time is start far enough up the pyramid to where the team has U21 and U18 matches instead of just friendlies. If that's what your looking for Jam that might take care of the fix until at a later date.

Noticed Magic is active on Steam as well.......remember to take sometime for yourself buddy.

Our next update (a minor one) will update the Reserves and Youth leagues, we just need to test it before releasing it. We will also be updating some of the awards that we have included and some of those already in game.

to benefit from the update we have to start a new game, haven't we?

Yes that is correct. We shouldn't be too long with the next update.

apart from the update, using your file, when you are promoted to a level that have res/Youth leagues will you take part in such leagues? or the fact that at the beginning you've got the 'no reserve' and 'no youth' box clicked (in the editor) will stop you to ever play in the reserve and Youth leagues/cup?

This is probably a useless question given the problems with the editor this year, but is it possible to eventually select your reserves or youth team to play in the county cups once the game has started?

apart from the update, using your file, when you are promoted to a level that have res/Youth leagues will you take part in such leagues? or the fact that at the beginning you've got the 'no reserve' and 'no youth' box clicked (in the editor) will stop you to ever play in the reserve and Youth leagues/cup?

I believe you do the get the option once you reach the higher level that you need to qualify for this. But this will soon be resolved with the next update as we plan to re-add the reserve/youth leagues down to level 8. This was in previous releases but as Gareth has said already we think the settings for it were lost with all of the problems with the general release.

I haven't tried but you might be able to create your own file and swap a team (either in the editor or using an EDT file. Of course we wouldn't be able to ensure that you won't encounter issues if you do so.

I can't seem to load the file in the editor, as you said it's locked. Will this be changing?

I can't seem to load the file in the editor, as you said it's locked. Will this be changing?

You don't need to. You can make a small, separate file which swaps Wembley with a team in a relevant level 8 league and that should be enough. I see no reason why it shouldn't work but of course we cannot guarantee it as MM124 has stated.

You don't need to. You can make a small, separate file which swaps Wembley with a team in the Isthmian Division 1 North and that should be enough. I see no reason why it shouldn't work but of course we cannot guarantee it.

To follow on from this as an alternative to using the editor, you can try this EDT file I have made for you.

Move it to this folder on your PC (default location) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014\data\db\1430\edt

This swaps Wembley with Edgam Town; last seasons winners of the Combined Counties League and places Wembley in the Southern Division One Central. I am pretty sure this is where Wembley would be placed if they did achieve promotion to level 8 sometime in the future. If you want to make further changes to Wembley such as reputation etc more changes would be needed; some of which can be done via EDT files.

How does the star rating work on the steam workshop? Is it based on likes and dislikes?

To be honest, I have no idea. There are at present 29 positive ratings and there are only 4/5 stars. The number of stars was not displayed until we hit 25 ratings, at which point we were given 3/5 stars. We haven't had a single negative rating yet, so I am not sure why it isn't at 5/5.

Screenshot2014-04-18105428_zps19be3b21.png

I would like to ask everyone again to rate us up on the Steam Workshop if they are enjoying using our file!

Oh, I hadn't seen the bit about positive ratings. I've upped you now.

Having not played this 'update' (or any update) before, I've very impressed.

I realise that some people may be waiting for the reserves and youth leagues, but I'm playing 8.0.1 and the higher league teams do have teams in those leagues. I'm in the bottom level and I feel that my squad is a bit bloated having about 20 players, so the reserve / youth leagues wouldn't be much use to me anyway. I hope that as I progress I will get into those competitions, and my U21 team will be entered in the county cup, but this update is splendid as it is, so I hope that people will jump in if they haven't already. It's really put a fresh spin on the game for me. (It probably helps that I'm kicking arse).

this will soon be resolved with the next update as we plan to re-add the reserve/youth leagues down to level 8

Any estimate as to when this might be available? I'd hate to start my last FM 14 career game without r/y leagues available ;)

I've wanted to host an online game of Football Manager for all our fans to compete against each other. I hope to raise enough interest over the next week to start a new game, with EEE running and Level 8 managable able only.

If you are interested, head over to the Saturday Night FMUpdates Football Discussion Thread and let us know!

FMUpdates EEE - England, Enhanced, Expanded

eff52eda-007c-483e-974e-db457b3e779f_zpsd9d152c4.png

Previously known as Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8, FMUpdates continues to bring you the best league expansion file that goes down to Level 8.

Uncle Ron's initial work carries on and our ideals are the same as when he made his first release in 2010, if not stronger.

Although he currently does not work on the file we have a dedicated team who want to bring you the best custom FM experience a league expansion can bring.

If you are enjoying our release, please rate up the file in Steam Workshop and rate up this thread!

v8.0.2 IS OUT NOW!

Added new cups and more reserve groups for teams at Levels 7 & 8.

DOWNLOAD ON STEAM WORKSHOP!

9b631b0d-2f0a-42e3-82aa-0d36abf31d2c_zpsd869d1a3.png

Morning

Cheers for all the hard work with this.

I've just created a save and run it for a year to see which teams move where before I start playing and realise there are issues at the end of the first season.

I note that Corinthian-Casuals, currently of the Ryman Division 1 South, moved to the Calor Southern Premier. This seemed to be the only strange transfer in terms of levels 8 to 7, although it looks as if the Calor league has 23 in the first year, and this change has been made to maintain this number.

Is this working correctly, or is this a querk of the problems that are well known and reported to SI?

Thanks again

Paul

Morning

Cheers for all the hard work with this.

I've just created a save and run it for a year to see which teams move where before I start playing and realise there are issues at the end of the first season.

I note that Corinthian-Casuals, currently of the Ryman Division 1 South, moved to the Calor Southern Premier. This seemed to be the only strange transfer in terms of levels 8 to 7, although it looks as if the Calor league has 23 in the first year, and this change has been made to maintain this number.

Is this working correctly, or is this a querk of the problems that are well known and reported to SI?

Thanks again

Paul

Where did Corinthian-Casuals finish the league?

They are based in South-West-South London, so while you would normally expect them to be placed in the Isthmian Premier nine times out of ten, it is not beyond reason they wouldn't get placed in the southern premier. So that; while not ideal, it would not be much of a problem.

2q1b1go.png

Thank you!

We will release another minor update within the next week. This will only include some minor bug fixes. I am also hopeful that the first major update would occur should SI bring out another fix for the issues that we have been having.

What minor bugs are you referring to mm? I'm wondering whether to start my all year career save with 8.0.2 or whether it will be better to fight off my withdrawal symptoms for a few more days and wait for the next update!

What minor bugs are you referring to mm? I'm wondering whether to start my all year career save with 8.0.2 or whether it will be better to fight off my withdrawal symptoms for a few more days and wait for the next update!

There's a few cups that have the wrong final stadium setting, the option worked in previous games but for some reason not in FM2014. I'll be updating this shortly.

Previously known as Uncle Ron's England Levels 7 & 8, FMUpdates continues to bring you the best league expansion file that goes down to Level 8.

Uncle Ron's initial work carries on and our ideals are the same as when he made his first release in 2010, if not stronger.

Although he currently does not work on the file we have a dedicated team who want to bring you the best custom FM experience a league expansion can bring.

If you are enjoying our release, please rate up the file in Steam Workshop and rate up this thread!

v8.0.3 IS OUT NOW!

Fixed incorrect stadium settings for some cup finals.

Fixed incorrect award dates and rules.

I've finished my first season (won the league on the last day of the season due to the club ahead of me losing at home to an already relegated side. if that's part of the update, many thanks).:lol:

A couple of comments about the next season.

Even though I'm on version 8.0.1, just by getting to the ryman premier I'm invited to join U21 and U19 leagues for the following season, which may be of interest to those who are also on version.1.

Of the newly promoted teams to the bottom playable divisions, only 1 was promoted to the Ryman Leagues, (the North). There seems to have been a fair amount of shuffling around of teams. For instance Godalming and Ashford (Middlesex) who were in the Calor regional divisions last season, are now in the Ryman Southern. That's not a problem. I of course couldn't give a rat's arse where these piddling little teams play now that I'm a Ryman Premier league superpower. Maybe that's what happens in real life as well. I just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, everything still seems to be working smoothly. I continue to be impressed with the detail and reliability.

I've finished my first season (won the league on the last day of the season due to the club ahead of me losing at home to an already relegated side. if that's part of the update, many thanks).:lol:

A couple of comments about the next season.

Even though I'm on version 8.0.1, just by getting to the ryman premier I'm invited to join U21 and U19 leagues for the following season, which may be of interest to those who are also on version.1.

Of the newly promoted teams to the bottom playable divisions, only 1 was promoted to the Ryman Leagues regionals, (the North). There seems to have been a fair amount of shuffling around of teams, but I remember now tis has been addressed in 330.

Anyway, everything still seems to be working smoothly. I continue to be impressed with the detail and reliability.

Of the newly promoted teams to the bottom playable divisions, only 1 was promoted to the Ryman Leagues, (the North). There seems to have been a fair amount of shuffling around of teams. For instance Godalming and Ashford (Middlesex) who were in the Calor regional divisions last season, are now in the Ryman Southern. That's not a problem. I of course couldn't give a rat's arse where these piddling little teams play now that I'm a Ryman Premier league superpower. Maybe that's what happens in real life as well. I just thought I'd mention it.

Sounds normal to me because the north lost teams overall; it took some moving around to reobtain the balance. This is because the game picks the level 9 teams at random based on rep and I believe it doesn't do one per division like it should, but I may be wrong on that for the FM14 file.

This problem cant be solved 100%. Can be reduced but never will be 100% correct. I have Serbian system file with 7 levels and about 1800 clubs. After 10-15 seasons i have 5-10% of clubs in wrong divisions and its great result

v8.0.4 IS OUT NOW!

Fixed incorrect playoff settings

Added more accurate cup round and cup draw dates

Added new derbies

New updates to awards

Added competition name changes

I've wanted to host an online game of Football Manager for all our fans to compete against each other. I hope to raise enough interest over the next week to start a new game, with EEE running and Level 8 managable able only.

If you are interested, head over to the Saturday Night FMUpdates Football Discussion Thread and let us know!

We are still interested in new players for this. The online game is live now. See link for instructions.

[QUO

TE=daniellewis_789;9583696]How are you able to play FM without using steam?

I am having problems using the steam download with fmrte, it will not let me make changes to sponsors where before I could with last years version.

I am having problems using the steam download with fmrte, it will not let me make changes to sponsors where before I could with last years version.

What does that have to do with Steam and running FM14 on it?

Because I cannot find it on the download from steam the doewnload from steam will not let me add sponsors with this editor.

I don't understand...

The EEE file is available from the steam workshop. It isn't hard to find.

What does editing sponsors with FMRTE have to do with not being able to use steam to download the file (or play the game)???

Unless you mean you cannot edit the EEE file; potential reasons are twofold... either you are trying to edit the file with FMRTE which is never going to work or...

You are in fact trying to edit the EEE file with the Football Manager 2014 editor by SI which is available to download with FM14 on Steam. If this is the case it has already been explained in above posts we have put a lock on the file; making the file available outside of the steam workshop will not change that!

What sort of changes of sponsors do you mean? If I am guessing correctly in that you ARE trying to use the the FM14 editor to edit the EEE file... you might be able to make a separate, standalone file which makes these changes and use it alongside EEE. You can do this as long the files do not cause serious conflicts with eachother...

You are in fact trying to edit the EEE file with the Football Manager 2014 editor by SI which is available to download with FM14 on Steam. If this is the case it has already been explained in above posts we have put a lock on the file; making the file available outside of the steam workshop will not change that!

What sort of changes of sponsors do you mean? If I am guessing correctly in that you ARE trying to use the the FM14 editor to edit the EEE file... you might be able to make a separate, standalone file which makes these changes and use it alongside EEE. You can do this as long the files do not cause serious conflicts with eachother...

I can confirm that you can add a file to work with/alongside EEE; I've created a FCUM dbc file that incorporates the move to Broadhurst Park for the 2014/15 season.

Archived