Whos Starting Their Long-term Save On The 19th?

I for one will pre-order through steam and have my copy on the 18th nov (midnight)

having been confirmed that the beta(pre order) version will have large database and option to load countries/players from across the board, i personally see no reason why i would wait for the full version to begin my journey as a newcastle legend!

I'm not going to bother with either the beta or the demo this year. I will quite happily wait for the full game to be released. I think the decision to release a beta is a bad move because I remember all the trouble that happened the last time they did this.

I'm not going to bother with either the beta or the demo this year. I will quite happily wait for the full game to be released. I think the decision to release a beta is a bad move because I remember all the trouble that happened the last time they did this.

In the past the beta was for testing purposes and had known issues with it (not the final product)

From what i can gather this is the final Gold product (albeit slimmed down slightly) just available sooner. The name Beta is misleading

I was thinking that I might just use the demo to increase a lot of the font sizes as I'm getting a new laptop which will be using 1920*1080 and so far theres been no announcement on the changed in the way fonts work. I would like the same zoom method that is applied to internet browsers. Either through the use of a shortcut combo like ctrl + mouse wheel or a little button in the corner where you choose the zoom level.

Not a chance.

I don't feel the need to demo FM anymore, any new features I like to find when I'm actually playing the game properly, which is half the fun surely.

Also, when I launch into my first full save I want to be playing the best version I can with as few bugs as possible without waiting too long.

I can wait 2 weeks to get the first patch and the full, proper game. I don't want to start my save and then find out something in the first patch is only for new saves or working for SI as a tester finding bugs and reporting back. I like to be done with these forums as soon as I start playing the game.

Someone said here it will be the 'gold' version of the game and not a true beta, and I am sure that is the case. But you can bet they will still be working full out on ironing out the bugs right up to the demo release and then right up to the first patch.

I was tempted to wait (for the first time ever) until around xmas to get the game this time, and benefit, for once, of starting on a later patch. It was only the big discount from Ackter and green man gaming that made me go for the pre-order. Nothing has been said to convince me not to wait an extra two weeks and start playing the game properly after the first patch.

Don't agree here pal. I, like you, will not bother with it. But a lot of bugs can be found by people who are to expect them, ready for a hopefully clean game for us. :)

TBH SI would not allow such a bonus of pre-ordered customers to play 95% of the whole game 2 weeks before hand if there were any decent bugs in the game. You can call this glorified gold demo if you want but I don't think SI would take such a risk.

I'll probably start a 'dummy-save', pick the team I want to manage but really use it for looking at the new features, see what players/staff are worth signing etc. On full release, I'll open the editor and do the usual (add myself ;)), then start a new save knowing who I want to sign, what features I want to use / discard etc :)

I doubt it, the fact there releasing a beta 2 weeks before release looks to me like there's a lot of bugs and we'll be finding them so they can get a headway on fixing them. Thats why it's being released as a beta and not a gold, tbh I'm used to the 1st version or so being buggy before patching gets it to where it needs to be. I expect I'll play for abit to see new features etc then go back to an older version until the patches are released. I'm not bothered to much as it's being released as a beta and in fairness finding bugs etc is the point of one.

I doubt it, the fact there releasing a beta 2 weeks before release looks to me like there's a lot of bugs and we'll be finding them so they can get a headway on fixing them. Thats why it's being released as a beta and not a gold, tbh I'm used to the 1st version or so being buggy before patching gets it to where it needs to be. I expect I'll play for abit to see new features etc then go back to an older version until the patches are released. I'm not bothered to much as it's being released as a beta and in fairness finding bugs etc is the point of one.

Perhaps the thinking behind it is that because everyone finds something to moan about when the final game comes out, that they release this, people find them, they somehow find a fix for them for the demo to find out if they are fixed for good and if there are any more, and if not, then we get the final release, thus making the game all round better for us, it's a good move by SI if you ask me. Although, I could be completely wrong, but I trust them, they've made how many football management games, and I've enjoyed every one, and I have no doubts that I'll enjoy every other one they make.

I'll be straight into a long-term save unless I find a bug that gets fixed but is not save game compatible. If I have to start a new game when the main game is released then so be it, at least I'll know my way round any new features.

Archived