Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

I'm inclined to agree.

With Cazorla on the verge of joining us, and Sahin likely, it will be interesting to see who starts, in midfield, vs. Suderland. A midfield trio of 'Song - Arteta - Cazorla' would work well. Although, Cazorla may be eased into things.

EDIT: The rumored fee for Cazorla is €16 million (£12.5-ish million). What a signing :D

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm inclined to agree.

With Cazorla on the verge of joining us, and Sahin likely, it will be interesting to see who starts, in midfield, vs. Suderland. A midfield trio of 'Song - Arteta - Cazorla' would work well. Although, Cazorla may be eased into things.

EDIT: The rumored fee for Cazorla is €16 million (£12.5-ish million). What a signing :D

Or its 22. What I heard was that the debate with the deal was whether to pay upfront or not. The lower fee would suggest upfront payment.

Also new manager for Barcelona they may play an altered style of play with a bit more variation.

Can play anywhere in midfield. Played, once or twice, as the deepest man in Málaga's midfield last season. Incredibly versatile and technically gifted.

SJ234 - Yes, a lower fee would elude to most of it being payed up front. £12.5 million, even if it is up front, is a huge coup. Bargain of the Summer? Let's wait and see :thup:

Song to Barca for between £15-20m. Hell yeah. Another horribly overrated player out the door please.

If we get Cazorla, Sahin and a new full back then it'll be a good summer for once.

I don't know how much truth there is with song going to Barca, but I'd prefer him to stay. Hes a good established player for Arsenal now, and you don't want to keep losing players like that and have to start again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kuu9uLAxMY

As much as youtube videos can make anyone look good (I know this), isn't this one of the most impressive compilations? Looks like the ultimate midfielder. Those tackles and the vision he shows is absolute quality.

I haven't seen so much of Sahin, but remember signing him on FM a few years back when he was 17, his stats were incredible and FM never lies right?? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kuu9uLAxMY

As much as youtube videos can make anyone look good (I know this), isn't this one of the most impressive compilations? Looks like the ultimate midfielder. Those tackles and the vision he shows is absolute quality.

I haven't seen so much of Sahin, but remember signing him on FM a few years back when he was 17, his stats were incredible and FM never lies right?? :p

Decent compilation considering he only played about 5 games for Madrid last season. He is easily good enough for their first team but I think while he was injured they went on an awesome run and he couldn't get into the team when fit again, I guess so as not to upset the applecart!

FM never lies right?? :p

Freddy Adu :(

--

Having watched Sahin though when he has played (not that often), that compilation does him justice. I see him very much like a Xabi Alonso. He will often sit there waiting for an interception or ready to make a challenge then instantly look for the spray out wide to get the play going again.

No idea why Madrid don't want him for a season, he is quality. Great signing for Arsenal, even if it is for a season.

And I'll assume Real aren't going to be asking for £10million loan fee, if you have to take a hit of £1 or £2 million I don't see how it's a huge issue for a club of Arsenal's stature.

He could do very well and help the club grow further or he could end up being average, even then though you would not be angry as you haven't parted with too much money.

Yossi is not here now but I think we all appreciate the season he gave us, it wasn't amazing but he helped and no one cares about the wages we payed up.

No idea why Madrid don't want him for a season, he is quality. Great signing for Arsenal, even if it is for a season.

From what i've read from the Turkish media, Mourinho wasn't very satisfied about him last season and he was also out injured for months when the season started and missed all the preparations.

He came in with Hamit Altintop and they are close buddies since they play together at the Turkish NT and share the same background in Germany. Now Hamit is gone, he wants to back out too.

He definitely wants to get out from Madrid and get to play games again since Real is trying to get Modric so his playing chances are very slim.

From what i remember, few years ago when Sahin debuted at the Bundesliga as the youngest player ever, Wenger tried to get him very much but he preferred to stay at Dortmund and develop further.

If given chance and confidence and he knows Wenger rates him highly, i dearly hope he goes permanently to Arsenal so he can flourish again like he did before, cause as long as Mourinho is at Madrid, he won't get any real chance to play.

The way i see it, he's waiting to see which teams want him and is considering the offers, but i hope he goes for Arsenal :D

The confirmation of Santi Cazorla's signing has been delayed, apparently. There's confusion, at Málaga, about who has to 'sign off' the transfer.

That's what Sky Sports News are reporting anyway. They go on to say that he'll still travel with the squad to the German training camp.

RVP's situation is becoming bleak. Juventus have the match fixing issue which is putting him off and just complicates the signing of him anyway. Man City need to sell before they buy but they can't shift the players due to their huge wages such as Adebayor. Man U won't try for the asking price.

Whilst this is happening we are having an increasingly large outlay on top players headed by Cazorla. Therefore making the lack of ambition comment slightly absurd. U-turn possible? I think it could happen but I would say 5% chance of a u-turn tbh.

Would we even want a u-turn?

That's what I've been thinking for some time, even before the Cazorla rumours. His argument looks less and less sensible, unless he meant something else than signing good players. If things go well, you can't rule out a scenario in which the club didn't sell anyone of importance and at the same time signed Giroud, Cazorla and Podolski and (hopefully) convinced Walcott to extend his contract. That obviously doesn't match Man City or Chelsea busy transfer windows, but is a big difference to previous years.

Obviously what he said was probably just an excuse.

It would be so disappointing if he did stay, couldn't even impress in pre-season. He's an embarrassment but then you can blame no one if they don't want to take him on. Either way shove him to the side, he's had his chance and isn't good enough, replace him.

At the very least you would hope to see Niang come in.

There is just one thought that keeps on coming back to my head.

What if all these transfers are no different to previous years when we were merely replacing important players who were leaving? If Wenger knew a few months ago he'd lose van Persie, Walcott and Song (luckily it sounds unlikely even now), he signed Giroud, Podolski and tried to get M'Vila as replacements? Then only Cazorla would be a really new addition, but then again Rosicky is unlikely to be as influential as last season and possibly Wenger realized Ramsey's not reday yet.

Would rather see Bendtner stay than Chamakh staying.

Apparently, we've had a second bid for M'baye Niang knocked back. There seems to be some disagreement over the structure of the deal. As usual, I'm guessing, we've offered a staggered clause package while Caen seem to want most of it up front :thdn:

Also, this seems legit. Read the small part on the top :D:D:D

Cazorla is coming to us for 20mil Euro's (16million pound), i really hope we dont lose song as there is no player who can replace him in our midfield unless Arsene buys a replacement, lets look at who can replace him in our team, Frimpong? not proven/young/injured, Diaby? injury prone/extremely one footed and in my opinion average at best when he is fit, that leaves Coquelin, Eastmond, Yennaris and Aneke who are all inexperienced and noway able to perform to the level song does for a whole season, dont forget also that alot of van persies/arsenal goals last season were supplied by song (12 or more) which is extremely good for a player of songs type, to think we can win anything without a powerhouse like song in our midfield is delusional at best, we cant play a midfield combination of 3 consisting of Arteta/Sahin(if we get him)/rosicky/wilshere/ramsey/diaby without song or a similar type of player being involved we already get shown for our lack of physical presence during games.

Wenger did well to secure us 3rd last season and im fully expecting 3rd or 4th this season, cannot see us finishing any higher without changes to the defensive areas of our team, i would also like to see him sell Bendtner, Djourou, fabianski, mannone, diaby and squillaci.

Looking forward to seeing Kyle Bartley's return to the team looked quite impressive for rangers helping them finish 2nd, i would like to see Wenger use Lansbury this season, i feel the guy is being wasted and is pretty good, also want to see Rosicky perform as well as he did last season, Arshavin to return and play like he did when he first joined us though would be also nice to see wenger play him in his preferred position for once in his arsenal career!

As for RVP, id love him to stay and there is talk that he might now that we are finally trying to bolster the squad to some of his expectations, i know some dislike him for wanting to leave, but can we really blame the guy? we had become a glorified feeder club for the last 3-4 seasons and hes not getting any younger, but if he does go id prefer him to go to Juventus in exchange for vidal or marchisio, or Man city with Richards or de jong + cash the other way.

We are really improving our attacking options and thats great to see, but we have never had much trouble in recent years scoring goals, its out defensive frailty that will again be on show next season unless significant improvement is made whether that is in transfers or training is up to wenger.

Apparently Miyaichi will go to Wigan on loan if Chelsea sign Moses, another season with a relegation threatened team?

I don't see a problem with that. It's probably better experience playing for a team where every point is massive than a solid mid-table side.

Did I just seriously see someone suggesting that we get Richards? He is massively overrated.

He was very good for large chunks of last season. Still a bit inconsistent and sometimes brainless. I definitely wouldn't have him over a fully-fit Sagna.

No way that sort of swap deal would happen anyway.

I think the whole Van Persie saga will be resolved next week at the latest, back from Asia and all. Looks as if its gonna be City or United, still find it hard to believe. Its a pity none of the big Spanish clubs don't seem interested.

Well I was wrong. Who knows how this is gonna turn out now???

Archived