Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Llorente has only a year left on his contract so I doubt he'd cost that much. And if Wenger plans to play Podolski out wide we definitely need another striker. Either way, I don't see Giroud starting for us.
Llorente would cost whatever his buy out says as long as he is under contract with Athletic, and if Athletic fail to renew it you would probably be fighting a biding war with the likes of Barca and Real.....and I think we all know how that would end

You're obviously gonna call me a bitter Chelsea fan but anyway...

Despite not signing all these great young attacking players I don't think you'r gonna achieve much next season. Fair play to Wenger, God hes trying his best to not bring quality attacking football to Arsenal, but it won't work. RVP's gone, that's a big deal for Arsenal. not just because he was a great player and your biggest scorer, he was tailor made to play that system and one of the few in the world who could do it so well. Sure Giroud, Mertesaker, Mannone etc sounds great on paper but it's not the Arsenal way. Also I don't think Bould will last long.

Just my opinion.

You're right, the only way forward is to bring back Mark Randall.

From what I'm hearing we've offered £15M for Cazorla, and they want closer to £25M. Personal terms are still to be agreed, so don't count any chickens yet. M'Vila won't be signing for us this summer. Too expensive and his attitude is ****. He'll just be another Nasri.

His attitude isn't 'sh*t'. France Foot reporting today that Rennes will agree to seel him for arounf €15 million. Player wants to move and this saga, as their general manager Peter Dréossi's said, is hindering their transfer plans. Club relying on the money coming in from any M'Vila sale.

Strong rumors of Nuri Sahin coming on loan to us. Would be absolutely delighted if it happens. Marca - who are notoriously pro-Real Madrid: 'Nuri Sahin will play next season at Arsenal'. AS also reporting this, as are the Times apparently.

His attitude isn't 'sh*t'. France Foot reporting today that Rennes will agree to seel him for arounf €15 million. Player wants to move and this saga, as their general manager Peter Dréossi's said, is hindering their transfer plans. Club relying on the money coming in from any M'Vila sale.

Strong rumors of Nuri Sahin coming on loan to us. Would be absolutely delighted if it happens. Marca - who are notoriously pro-Real Madrid: 'Nuri Sahin will play next season at Arsenal'. AS also reporting this, as are the Times apparently.

He was arrested for attacking a teenager in May, refused to shake hands with his fellow teammates when substituted and is one of the four players being investigated by the FFF (inc. Nasri) for their conduct at the Euro's. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the dressing room. That's a serious attitude problem.

As for Sahin, loan with an option to buy - Great. If it's a loan for one season then what's the point? Cazorla in the long run will be a much better player to sign, and really the efforts should be focused on an agreement with Malaga and him.

Why would you reject the chance for Sahin on loan for the season?

We can get both him and Cazorla, we don't have to be limited to one.

Can't see Sahin happening, we're pretty stocked with deeper midfielders. Of course he'd be better than all of the ones we've got, but you know what Wenger's like.

Why would you reject the chance for Sahin on loan for the season?

We can get both him and Cazorla, we don't have to be limited to one.

Without being a bit snobbish about it, we're not a feeder team. Why would we take a good young midfielder on loan, play him week in and week out, improve him immensely and then send him back with thanks. If we've got an option to buy, I'm all for it. I really rate him as a player. But take him on loan for a season and ultimately stall the development of Ramsey and possibly Wilshere presuming we're going to play 4-2-3-1, I'd rather develop our own players then someone else's.

Şahin returned to Dortmund, where he played an important role in the 2009–10 season, starting 33 out of 34 matches. He ended the season with four goals and eight assists.[6] Şahin won the Bundesliga title with Dortmund in the 2010–11 season.[7] After a strong season, in which he scored seven and made eight assists, Şahin was voted best player of the season in the Bundesliga for 2011.

That's why I want Sahin, a very good young midfielder who can help us compete for trophies this year. You don't end up at Real Madrid unless you're very good.

It can only be good if we bring him in on loan.

That's why I want Sahin, a very good young midfielder who can help us compete for trophies this year. You don't end up at Real Madrid unless you're very good.

It can only be good if we bring him in on loan.

Ramsey's record in the PL last year: 34, 2 and 6. That's not far off what Sahin was doing at Dortmund. As I've said, I'm all for loan with option to buy, but if it's just a loan I'd rather continue to develop Ramsey for the deeper lying midfield spot.

You're obviously gonna call me a bitter Chelsea fan but anyway...

Despite not signing all these great young attacking players I don't think you'r gonna achieve much next season. Fair play to Wenger, God hes trying his best to not bring quality attacking football to Arsenal, but it won't work. RVP's gone, that's a big deal for Arsenal. not just because he was a great player and your biggest scorer, he was tailor made to play that system and one of the few in the world who could do it so well. Sure Giroud, Mertesaker, Mannone etc sounds great on paper but it's not the Arsenal way. Also I don't think Bould will last long.

Just my opinion.

:applause:

Ramsey's record in the PL last year: 34, 2 and 6. That's not far off what Sahin was doing at Dortmund. As I've said, I'm all for loan with option to buy, but if it's just a loan I'd rather continue to develop Ramsey for the deeper lying midfield spot.

Ramsey was awful last year and his passing did us no good in numerous games, I remember painfully watching him struggle to play a side pass. I wasn't getting at the assists and goal stats anyway (I mean Modric only got 4 assists and 4 goals in the EPL last year, he's always a good example), it's more about the effect they have on the game. And I'm guessing despite not seeing a lot of Sahin other than youtube etc that he has a much bigger effect on games than Ramsey.

People complain about us not competing for trophies and whinge about the previous youth policy but then how can we go ahead and ignore players like Sahin to produce a good player out of Ramsey at the cost of winning. (Probably anyway, I can't see Ramsey turning important for us this year)

Ramsey needs a loan move if anything tbh, wasn't ready for us last year. Sahin however, he's a winner.

Ramsey was awful last year and his passing did us no good in numerous games

Based upon your opinion. Certainly his form tailed off a little in the middle of the season, but for large stretches (when he wasn't on the left) he played very well as part of the midfield three alongside Song and Arteta. Don't forget last year was his first full season for us, and quite frankly he will only improve going forward.

• Administrators

Squillaci was a 'winner' as well btw. Don't mean to create friction here btw, I just can't stand the term 'winner' in sports when it suggests that one is better than another purely because they've been a part of a successful team in the past.

Squillaci was a 'winner' as well btw. Don't mean to create friction here btw, I just can't stand the term 'winner' in sports when it suggests that one is better than another purely because they've been a part of a successful team in the past.

Yeah, I agree, it always seems rather facile. Especially when we're talking about the personalities of people we've don't know personally and have probably never even met.

I see no reason not to take Sahin on loan if we could get him, future fee or no future fee. The majority of the midfield players that we currently have at the club are relatively injury prone, why turn down a young upcoming player who needs to have an impressive season if he wants to break into the first team at Madrid in the future? Ramsey was over-played last season anyway so him missing a few games here and there would probably do more good than bad for him.

Also talking of Sahin, didn't he and Podolski have beef at some point last season?

How was the game? I hear we were the better team but the decision to play Gervinho central is baffling, give Chamakh more gametime or let Afobe (who looked sharp vs Malaysia) start for once.

Sahin would be nice, but it's just another rubbish rumour I fear.

Archived