FM12: Official Rate My Regen Thread

Ty

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I can't believe how good he is in this game - it seems like pace and agility is a big help (it looks like he just breezes past everyone in the highlights) coupled with his good key stats for a goalscoring striker. He plays as a poacher obviously. He got into the 2017 world team of the year - 71 goals in 46 matches.

He also reckons he can do better - I "passionately" praised his finishing in front of goal after he scored 6 and a perfect 10.0 rating in one game and he said he doesn't understand why I was getting worked up, he could do better.

My 3 Best Regens at the club so far

First is my Argentinian striker (His name isn't actually Batistuta, i just gave him a nickname :) ), he cost me 2.8 mil last season, is now in my starting line up and has Man City and Real Madrid after him. Scout says he has 5 star potential and is currently fulfilling 4 of those.

batistuta.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Franz Beckenbaur ( nickname again ) he was without a club and his agent offered him to me, so snapped him up on a free transfer last season, currently fulfilling 2 stars out of a possible 4

beckenbaur.jpg

James Ford is a product of my academy, after a succesfull loan spell last season and with micah richards out for 4 months he is ready to be my starting RB, currently fulfillinf 2 stars out of a potential 4

forda.jpg

cheze.png

This guy is a little star for my forest team in the prem, still only 16, he holds the premiership record for youngest ever player ( 15 years and 169 days ) and youngest goalscorer ( 15 years and 268 days ), has the "Dictates tempo", "Shoots from distance" and "Tries Killer Balls often" PPMs as well. Cost me 7.5 million from Rennes and hes developing nicely, doesnt seem to be suffering any burnout from being the starting DM either :D

Not many posts from lower league managers on here. If you don't have millions to spend or world class youth facilities (or even if you do) this may interest you.

Signed this French youth international for Bradford City aged 17 just after promotion to League 1, and a first team regular from day 1 (now in Championship). If you manage a lower league club, try looking up INF Clairefontaine (French academy) after each season - I have signed 14 young players (aged 15-19) from there, of which this one's the best. Most have huge potential, cost nothing except a modest wage and for some reason no other club seems interested. Seems to be a flaw in the game which can be exploited, surely wouldn't happen IRL?

Once you've signed them it's not long before the big clubs come sniffing round, you can make a quick profit or hang on to them if you prefer. If they are under 18 when you sign them they should (hopefully) qualify as home grown after 3 years.

fredriddy.jpg

I think you've got to wait until they take their first youth intake in.

Yeah thats what I mean, when i'm a few seasons in it says they haven't had any player through their youth intake, I wasn't expecting them to be there straight away.

Starting to get a few promising youngsters now - arguably the best actually came through my own youth intake system in March:

Matthew Davies

Very versatile, having to fend off interest from Barcelona already but his value has doubled in one year and has already been capped by Wales!

38B5A9267CFBAEF7E6077F226563308CCE8492D0

Idrissa Gomis

Although his stats aren't amazingly great, he scored on his first-team debut. Could be a decent poacher for me in the future

1B03B3B1063F4AA4C0021DD1C90F0A40D29208F1

Nabil Colin

Another French starlet I picked up that continues to have impressive attribute improvements, thinking of giving him a few cup runs to keep this going

D15E0A16AB57830744DA87362E2E6FC9C2731DF6

José Manuel Gisbert

Along with Matthew Davies, José is a great prospect. He seems to have good stats in the right areas?

F821722C8E1A082EC474F92175B8EB04D3396082

Got a few to show here, hopefully more people will come and show theirs, as this thread seems to be a bit dead this year.

Anyway.......

5879F20E848780AE765CB82D8C74B7BC13B3BD2E

Next is my Brazilian. He is described as a Wonderkid at the moment and this keeps switching between that and Flamboyant midfielder. He reminds me of Kaka but a bit smaller, as he has pace to burn and great feet.

5EACD7A7D3AF3D2B704CBCEF393B7A47B3D4FCF7

Got this next guy through my own youth team so he's kind of my favourite really. Especially because when he came through he was described as, "Could be the best of his generation" which is fantastic. He's half Portuguese as well.

78B32AAD2D3C93E7A79B6F6A645200C243B01C73

The next guy is the least developed of them all but for some reason I think he will be the best out of all the regens I have because every single time i've scouted him when he wasn't at my club came back with 4.5* in a Premier League winning team, so have massive hopes for him.

4D03D5821AD746B556471A761CBEACB815180DD4

He was German u21 skipper when Bayern released him so i gave him a job.

In this current season he has scored 6 goals in a 10-1 win away to Rubin Kazan in the CL Groups.

Just been named in this which is a huge achievement for an Aberdeen player.

22hlzn.jpg

And here's his profile. I play him as a trequartista and he's really been immense this season

34h894l.jpg

well it seems you can find half decent regens in funny places.

signed this guy on my stirlingshire save.. after my scout found him in season 1.. in queens park FIRST team.

i know this guy is good, because i have signed many 4-5 star potential players up to SPL standard... and he broke into my first team O.o. granted he isn't superstar material but for where i am he is insane. and all those 11-12 are normal for established players and he has them in plenty of places. he sits in midfield.. got injured in a 6-2 win against montrose in the LCC early on so havn't seen him that well in a competative game

7AF9ED225083D36E8709CC09DD3DF7F76515F68C

and to my man utd save

6C44826C83A214613FCCABB0E3CD76095331FFF5

odd stats for a defencive midfielder

AD7997A01B69C594C7B9AEB6C18E3C8D7E825256

Both come through my academy I've got others but I these 2 I like to show off :D even though they're not that special

Anyway Ant Stevens is the first ever 4* regen I've ever produced and with his high determination, model professional personality and being U21 capped already and breaking my youngest scorer record in FA Cup albeit against Leyton Orient he scored 2 coming on as a last 15min sub, he's not the best technically but I'm hoping these stats will improve on a senior schedule. I'm not sure whether to focus on dribbling, first touch or technique to help boost up

dQ2p7.png

Dan Leach has been banging in the goals wherever he's been for me, first in league 2 being the main force getting Leyton Orient to the playoffs and now he's at Middlesbrough in the Championship having been mainly used as a sub for the first half of the season he's been getting a few starts lately and has been scoring, I'm not sure what's in store for him next as he's got Cavani & Doumbia infront of him in a 4-3-3 formation (2 AM wingers & 1 poacher) unlike Ant Stevens, Dan's got pretty decent technicals attributes and could probably be a decent player for lower Prem teams atm, my only real niggles are his poor dribbling and his physical side as he's not the quickest and playing with 1 up top I tend to favour a quick striker to get into the box when Lennon & Bale are bursting down the wing.

6lihv.png

As usual I seem to sign too many strikers but luckily the majority can even play on the wings in a 3 or as Attacking Mids if I were to switch formation. I'll keep you updated with how both progress, I might even sell Cavani in 2/3 yrs as Barca have been bidding £34m for him at 28 and he's on a 5yr contract but I'm kind of tempted to let him see out his career here and try and tempt him into a coaching role

I've got several newgens in my squad who are all on the outskirts of the side, but these two will probably be first teamers for many years to come.

craigwhite1516.jpg

This guy is a local lad, and will probably replace Vertonghen at the back in a couple of years, annd will most likely be an England regular.

tsietsimahlangu1516.jpg

He didn't sign until his 18th, so I had to wait a while, but he looks like a very promising playmaker, and will be replacing Cabaye once his determination and defensive attributes are improved a bit more.

My best regen, he won the Ballon D'or last year as Messi and Ronaldo came 2nd and 3rd. He's my talisman and produces moments of brilliance in games very regularly.

4E4573895B9A57372ABD0679BE5ED64A4C55A734

Here is my other favourite regen, he's an out and out left winger, he is very much a young Ryan Giggs and it will come as no surprise that I signed him from Man Utd when he was 19.

1850E07D3CBB546DE47B6920448B22ED5150E7B5

This lad I forgot to post but I've been waiting since he was 16 to sign him, moved from an african team to Santo Andre, I'd bid £95k for him there and he chose Palmeiras over me...6 months later I'm buying him for £7m luckily his value has shot up now due to banging in so many goals and I'm looking forward to him coming into the first team, will probably try & sell Doumbia because of this lad, only negative is the stupid ACoN in the middle of the season -_-

UqwMu.jpg

found a few newgens i may sign in january, seems fenerbache is churning out world class potental players (top premier league), but no screenies yet.

i found this guy when checking out a differant american newgen, i checked thier olympic team, and found this guy.

CDD8258D65CB4623C1948AE147A195AB94A156E2

i would snap him up right away... but for one problem, he is in some crazy american development league, where i can not sign the youngsters.

when can i sign him.

Reached summer of 2016 and have several good regens who are making themselves regulars in the 1st team now. Also have a nice batch of 15/16 year olds who should be there in 4 or 5 years time. However due to injuries and loss of form from a couple of the senior players in my Newcastle side I went out and put in a couple 19 year old regens who could provide some cover for the main squad and might stake a place for a regular slot if they develop.

Koldo Larrazabal - D ©, DM, M ©

koldolarrazabaloverview.png

Signed from Xerez for 35.5 million, capable of playing in central defence or midfield, favoured position is as a DM. Has some decent physical and technical attributes already.

Valeriy Kosinets - Defender (Centre)

valeriykosinetsoverview.png

Belarussian defender signed from Red Star for £6.75 million as we only had 3 fit centre backs at start of the season and he looked like he would be capable of fitting in quite nicely. 6'3", strong in the air and tackle pretty much everything needed and is showing signs of improvement in training already. Already capped for his national side too.

While I'm seriously considering retiring my manager and creating another one (As the game became too easy and I want to start over but with the lowest reputation level) I'm at Manchester City and I've got some interesting regens (Some of them are already starters and leading stars)

Goalkeeper

Michael Chukwu - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/205/michaelchukwuoverviewpr.png/

When I started managing Hull City in 2015, I immediately realized I needed a good goalkeeper if I wanted to get promoted to the EPL. Suddenly, feeder team Ismaily accepted an offer for Chukwu. As soon as I saw his stats, I got advantage of the first option. He stayed at Hull for three years until I sold Joe Hart to Valencia and Petr Cech got too old to be the leading goalkeeper at City, so I bought him. Again

It's a shame Barcelona got an even better brazilian goalkeeper for free (!) but well...

Defender

Eduardo - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/eduardooverviewprofile.png/

I've been very interested in Eduardo since my first season at City because he had superb performances at Coritiba. However, his asking price and the excellent form the Salvatore Bocchetti/Vincent Kompany duo had (Oh, and the fact that Coritiba was at the Série B made me unsure of his performances) meant his signing had to wait. In this third season at City, I managed to buy him for a mere 10M, and he became an instant starter, either by pairing with Bocchetti (And Kompany becoming a DM) or by using just three defenders: Eduardo, Bocchetti and Kompany, in the 3-2-3-2 formation I use against big teams

Defensive Midfielders

Carlos Mario Muñoz - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/carlosmariomuozoverview.png/

Another 'bargain signing' in this third season, bought from Argentinos Juniors for just 3M. Overall excellent technical stats (But with just decent marking) and good speed are his greatest traits. While his mental stats are rather unconvincing, I hope he can get better and become one of the greatest colombian players ever. He's a starter at the 3-2-3-2 formation

Luca Bonfatto - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/lucabonfattooverviewpro.png/

One of my young prospects, currently on loan at Oldham. Very similar to Muñoz (A lot of high technical stats, unconvincing Marking and Mental Attributes... and also Passing) yet a little slower (Despite the fact he's still 18, his physical stats are not too biased over Speed)

Attacking Midfielders

Cristian Martínez - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/cristianmartnezoverview.png/

At first look, he's amazing since he has the very same name and nationality (Argentinian, despite the fact he's playing at the Spain National Team) as myself. However, that can also be seen from his stats: Excellent attacking stats, with few to no weaknesses at his position. His shots are extremely powerful regardless of his position, and he can manage to get A LOT of assists (He once got FOUR assists in a single game) despite being somewhat inconsistent in that matter (Sometimes he's always assisting while there are moments he never takes part in goals). This season, he got 16 assists in 19 league games (21 in 28 overall)

Alejandro Pereira - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/alejandropereiraovervie.png/

Despite his natural position, he looks like the ideal winger: Blazing speed, excellent Set Pieces, good Work Rate and Teamwork, and decent Crossing. I'm worried about his OTHER mental attributes (And his pathetic Natural Fitness), though

Strikers

Rafael - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/rafaeloverviewprofile.png/

Lenny Nangis on steroids? It could be plausible, since Rafael has relegated Nangis himself to the subs. He shares a lot of strong points with Lenny, but, by doing the impossible, he adds many other traits, such as very good Finishing, Passing and First Touch, which become godlike due to his amazing speed, Determination, Off the Ball, Workrate and Anticipation. No wonder why he is the first regen to become World Player of the Year AND win the Ballon D'or. He's just got everything he needs to become a fearsome strike. Oh, and for a World Cup Golden Boot, he was very cheap: I bought him using his release fee from Barcelona, just 27M

Victor Hugo Ortiz Lopez - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/vctorhugoortizlopezover.png/

Remember I talked about how I found Chukwu at Hull? Well, Ortiz Lopez is not very different than him. He was having fun in Argentina, at Huracán, scoring a lot of goals at the Nacional B. Since he was 19, his stats weren't that different than those of now, so I bought him for just 1.5M. However, fun ends there, as he didn't get a work permit and therefore I couldn't take advantage of him at the Championship. After my first six months at City, I decided to buy Ortiz Lopez YET AGAIN, but this time I had to pay 9M for him. He got a work permit this time, and he became Dzeko's successor VERY quickly (In fact, Dzeko left the club at the end of that season)

Ortiz Lopez is an amazing Target Man or Deep-Lying Forward. He's like having Iniesta or Fábregas as a Striker (I may be exaggerating, but...). Excellent at Set Pieces (He doesn't take Corner Kicks, though), world-class Finishing, very good First Touch and Technique, good Passing and excellent overall Mental Attributes (Despite a rather bad Positioning) mean there are too few players in that role that could compete with him (Funnily enough, his closest competitor is ANOTHER argentinian player who's only marginally worse than him -They could be technically lookalike-). BTW, should I take Michael Owen's advice and train his Dribbling?

In this third season, his goalscoring rate rose dramatically in the first half, as he scored in 13 consecutive matches (With some hat-tricks and a match with 4 goals -And a disallowed one- against Borussia Dortmund... sheer coincidence, since Edin Dzeko plays there). Along with Rafael, they are the EPL goalscorers and the bearers of the two highest average ratings (The 'Top 6' only has City players)

Hi

I play in the Premiership Glory Clan: The Underdogs and have just signed this guy for free. Don't think any help is needed and he also isn't from Clairfontaine, he was signed from Nantes. Take particular note of his height!! He will be my starting lone striker for my 1st season in the Prem.

2e3bzn4.jpg

Look forward to some replies..

Couldn't resist signing this guy with those technicals at his age, but I honestly have no clue what to do with him. His defensive attributes seem too low to use him as a wingback, especially since his physicals also need a lot of work. For now I put him on a rather heavy physical training regiment. Some advice would be appreciated.

fernandooverviewprofile.png

Quick question - what's the key to getting these guys playing at full potential?

Simply:

Game time

Good coaches and a good training program

A good mentor, not any old chap from the first team. Match personalities, PPM's and make sure the Determination stat of the tutor is good.

Avoid Injuries ( If possible )

Dont annoy him or make him disillusioned...

Archived