What has been your...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fdc123:

Just wondering whats the best ever achivement!

My best ever would be my torquay one where i got them from league to to the championship promotion places! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took darlington from league two to the premiership, and kept them up the first season. then i left because it was getting too insane. I then joined Fulham where I won the FA cup with them. Then retired

When i get hold of my copy again, i will play FM07 with barcelona:

ronaldinho Eto'o Messi as three pronged attack. Legend. Barca without Ronaldinho, i.e. now, is lacking so much,

and borjan and giovanni in the reservers.

i will win everything. i want everything!

had a few stunning achievements that stand out, highlights are:

beating brazil in opening ceremony of world cup with togo, and finishing 4th.

beating brazil again as togo, 1-0

winning all 7 trophies in 2 consecutive seasons with arsenal

signing torres, and giovani on free transfers

won 38 games in a row now in all competitions and still going - chances are another record for me on the record thread

going 4-0 down on aggregate against chelsea with 88 minutes of the champions league semi final 2nd leg remaining - and winning 5-4 on aggregate.

winning 6 consecutive champions league trophies

that sums up the best of them i think!

i am in pre season in my 3rd season of football manager 2006 and this is my first football manager game i have owned. i am barnet ( who i football manager 2006 are the worst team in the league) somehow i have won the leyland daf in my first 2 seasons and at the end of the second season i finished 2nd and got promoted. As this is my first game i have probably made a few mistakes eg i have 100 players including reserve and youth team though i am looking to prune them back a bit icon_cool.gif

The most satisfying isn't necessarily the one that brings silverwear with it. My most fulfilling achievement so far on FM08 was saving Atletico Madrid from relegation. They were 8 points adrift at the foot of the table with 10 games to go when I took over and I managed to win all ten games and finish 13th, without making a single signing icon_cool.gif

It was all ruined by the confidence bug as I was sacked at the end of the season because I failed to achieve a European place icon_mad.gif

01-02 champ manager, my Rangers team unbeaten domestically for two years, won everything in Scotland with them, all done by buying amazing youngsters. Ended up runners-up in CL, losing 3-2 to Madrid, so with the massive win fall bought some established players, proceeded to spank Arsenal at Highbury 4-0. So sweet.

Took Republic of Ireland to the WC, got to the semis, and won the Euro Champs....Robbie keane my lone forawrd.

ahhhhh memories

Mine is taking Gateshead from being previously unplayable to eventual Premier League and Champions League glory. It took a long time, and there were disappointments along the way, but it was fantastic to fianlly have all that hard work pay off and win the Prem.

It was even more satisfying as I'd done it all on the back of my own tactic which I spent season after season perfecting but which in the end was fantastic.

I'm now playing as Inter so I can have a break from struggling. It's no-where near as exciting icon_frown.gif. I'm going to start an unemployed game soon with a lot of leagues loaded and try and do a Heath.

FM 07

Took over West Brom on Christmas Eve, they were bottom of the Championship, 4 points off Sunderland, and in £4 MILLION debt

I can't remeber their names, but i signed 3 youngsters on frees, and they lifted my team to an icredible surge up the table

Had made it up to 8th place come the last day of the season, and results went my way putting me 6th, and I went on to win the playoffs icon_biggrin.gif

Qualified forEurope with a Conference team, though we were in League 2 when we actually played, by getting to the FA Cup Final with Leigh RMI in FM05. My top scorer was injured and Liverpool beat us 1-0 with a reserve team in front of 38000 fans. We also won the conference on the last day and I went into League 2 with a £1750000 bank balance.

In CM 98/99 I took peterborough from division 3 to prem winners with 3 straight promotions, a consolodation season and the genius of Matt Etherington & Simon Davies on the wings with the legend that is Mark Tyler in goals!

In fm 07 took Peterborough up the leagues to win the fa cup, uefa cup & made them a top 3 pl team.

Best of all though is taking Dundalk from the Irish 1st divsion to winning the premier & qualified for the champs group stages. Got drawn against Celtic in the 3rd qualifying round, drew nil all in Oriel Park, then was losing one nil in Parkhead before I equalized in the 88th minute to win it on away goals. Got drawn then in a group of death with Ajax, Valencia & Fehnerbace!

Dundalk champs league group

Also look at this screenie of my odds, its hilarious!

champs odds

well i have football manager 2006 and have been playing it for about 6 months after work, it is the first game i have had in this series and i am playing my first save. i am just at the start of my 3rd pre season with barnet! now bear in mind barnet are the worst team in the league in fm 2006 (i chose them intentionally to have a tough game) i have won the leyland daf trophy in my first two seasons and at the end of my 2nd season i got promoted as well! i spend a lot of time scouting new players and have improved my team to the point where it is way better when i started eg grazioli my best striker when i started is now my 6th/7th best striker. when i have time i will post a thorough report on my progress and thoughts about this brilliant game.

• 8 months later...

Just added to another achivement i have managed Grays Athletic for 3seasons with two promotions as champions and in league one in my last season i got them to the playoff final but lost to MK dons was gutted now going into season four and i am top in December!!!!

having a news item to say Burton Albion have been crowned the Best Team in Europe! Won Prem, FA Cup, League Cup and Champ League in 2029, had 3 regens who i had since they were 16 in the starting squad (FM07)

That is pretty impressive!!!

It's a bit difficult to compare successes between different versions of the game I think. Back in the old days it was easier to achieve a certain success.

WBA from L2 to Prem Title in 3 years in CM93 was no better performance than promotion to EPL from CH and then staying in the upper half of the table in FM09 imho.

So all in all it maybe was winning the CL with Wolves on 00/01 for me. :)

My best CM/FM moment has got be when i was about 12 or 13 playing CM97/98, loved that game!! its the longest ive played one of these games for. I won everything with liverpool, knowing hardly anything about tactics or the players i was signing, i just used a guide to the best stats for the best positions and found no end of jems from all over the world.

Ive never quite got that feeling back were you can just match a player to the right stats that they need for there position and have them play really well. I felt like a real manager finding great unknown players from the lower leagues etc and bringing them to liverpool and having them make it big an play really well!

Or maybe am just thinkin about it through rose tinted glasses haha

Going from obscurity as Halifax manager to CL, Prem, FA + League cup glory with Tottenham, then the World Cup with Ireland in the same season :D

how did you manage to do that what was your reputation level?

in 09 taken Leeds to EPL and win EPL 5 years straight won every domestic cup and Champions League and Euro Super Cup twice in a row, world cup for club teams or whats its called. Then i switched to Stoke.

in 07 managed Notts Co. to EPL titles and champions league final (lost to Barca).

with fm09 i would say getting ivory coast to 3rd place in the world cup and beating brazil/italy along the way and losing on pens to spain in the semi. i would have beat them if drogba didnt get injured. and i would say it was a great acheivemant as i only had 1 game in charge of them before the world cup. and only took over them after the africanc up of nations

Probably on Football Manager 2006. Started with Fafe, a Second Division A team, got lots of players loaned from FCPorto and won the Portugal Cup. In the following year won the Uefa Cup against Arsenal by 2-1. It was me, or that game was really easy ?

Becoming the most sucessful manager in the world without being a national manager:D Got a stadium named after me but Im still not on my clubs favourites list :thdn:

Haha you manage to get the stadium named after you but there like nah didn't to enough to be our favourite!!

i'v won loads of leagues and champions leagues, won everything i could win for a few years running..................., but have to say think it was footman 07 won the FA cup with rusden and diomands when i was in league 2.............. played man utd in final they did'nt put on all the big guns but they had a few on and still more than a match for me. beat them 1:0, i really could not believe it

Hey guys first post!! been lurking for a little bit. I havent got around to getting FM09 yet, so still going with my battered and tested FM07.

Im with the mighty AFC Bournemouth and in the current save game taken them from expected relegation in league 1 to Prem (top half by 2012.

But sorting out my finances was the biggest achievement. Buying in cheap scandanvian (sp) players and then selling them on for big profits has changed status from insecure to rich . Just wish AFCB could do this IRL!!!

• 2 months later...

I love lower league ones like my Grays Athletic one got them from blue square prem to championship and i believe with the side i have i might be able to push for promotion in my first season in the championship!!!

playing owen and him being injury free the whole season.

Hull City when they were in Division 3.

League CHampions and FA Cup Winners in debut season.

Second season, gained promotion and won the UEFA Cup!

A lot of luck involved I must admit.

Granted, Hull at the time were prbably the best team to manage in Division 3. They had a massive stadium and healthy finances. Still a good acheivement though.

Went on to be the dominant force. Rooney eventually signed!

winning the uefa cup(ist season in europe) and finishing 3rd in the premier league (1st top four finish on this file) with peterborough united in 2014-15 uefa cup included beating inter milan, sporting lisbon and valencia en route to the final where i beat arsenal followed up by my biggest achievement in a single game beating ac milan 4-2 after ex.time in the euro super cup final the following season.

Archived