The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what your coaches are like but the Pompey ones are either full of 15 year old chavs on a day out or just generally ******** folk. Always felt awkward on them. Train is by far the best method of travel' date=' one day we'll get back football specials. :mad:[/quote']

the forest coaches are very placid whenever i've been on them. admittedly the two games i've been on them - newcastle away and crystal palace away have both been at weird times - newcastle on a monday night, so we left on a monday afternoon (when it was in school term time for nottinghamshire) and palace at 1pm on a saturday so we left at half past 6.

i usually drive to every match. not decided what i'm going to do for watford yet, might see if i can get a cheap train so i can go out for a drink beforehand like i did for qpr - but i know a free parking spot for watford!!

You can blame the ner ner ner brigade. Although the Benjani/Kanu one is original ffs. Our fans at home just clap along to the drum' date=' and when we get to away games noone has the balls to sing something new away from what Westwood dictates. sad really. For song originality we are pretty poor, but for general noise regardless of the song we're pretty good.

[/quote']

lol westwood

anyone else have any **** stained and plain weird fans? we have ebby from duisburg. ebby is the most famous forest fan - he's german and flies to every game. he's bloody mental.

lol westwood

anyone else have any **** stained and plain weird fans? we have ebby from duisburg. ebby is the most famous forest fan - he's german and flies to every game. he's bloody mental.

Yep, Bernie for us!

He absolutely reaks and just talks in this sort of weird extended grunt. He's also a face painter.

tumblr_ljryu20Vno1qhx1qdo1_500.png

Yeah, that's right.

what does bernie look like?

leicester has a few freakish weird celebrities. the traveller man is a particular favourite, the one who just walks around with the dead look in his eyes and a HUGE RUCKSACK. anyone who has lived in leicester for an extended period of time will definitely know who i mean.

lol westwood

He's a c**t. Simple as.

He lives in Hucknall, along with his 'wife'...

what does bernie look like?

leicester has a few freakish weird celebrities. the traveller man is a particular favourite, the one who just walks around with the dead look in his eyes and a HUGE RUCKSACK. anyone who has lived in leicester for an extended period of time will definitely know who i mean.

bernie1.jpg

0,,10442~9495867,00.jpg

[video=youtube;DeObadMQ1eM]

No chance of it being on TV. And I've read that there hasnt been an international license sold for it anywhere because of the Olympics and not wanting to give people the wrong idea about East London (not that the riots were a great advert anyway).

Its on radio here though if anyones interested: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8273061.stm

well that was just ****, played well for the first 20 minutes, they score after cohen goes down with a serious injury ( although tbf, he was injured in their half, the ref should maybe have stopped play but there still a lot of defending to do :( ) and we had a lot of possession, but very little cutting edge, their keeper had very little to do and they won it with a rare attack, neither team played well, but something is seriously wrong with our defence, considering how reliable its been in the last couple of seasons, confusing and disheartening

well that was just ****, played well for the first 20 minutes, they score after cohen goes down with a serious injury ( although tbf, he was injured in their half, the ref should maybe have stopped play but there still a lot of defending to do :( ) and we had a lot of possession, but very little cutting edge, their keeper had very little to do and they won it with a rare attack, neither team played well, but something is seriously wrong with our defence, considering how reliable its been in the last couple of seasons, confusing and disheartening

Ref should never have stopped it. He was not fouled, just went over on his ankle.

18 league games in a row without a clean sheet, apparently an horror show at defending again today. But still, we leave Amougou on the bench again.

Trying not to become fearful, but I think we could really do with a couple of experienced heads in there with our youthful squad.

Nott'm Forest keeping us out of the relegation places.

Ref should never have stopped it. He was not fouled, just went over on his ankle.

i didnt say he was fouled, he was badly injured, they spoke to a referee assessor at half time ( not the one assessing the match, ) who said the ref shold have stopped the game earlier to allow medical treatment

Abseloutely, Completely, Utterly destroyed Blackpool, 1-1.

That's why we don't get promoted.

Yeah I heard that on Radio Lancashire, the reporter at Bloomfield Road said Cardiff absolutely dominated that game, but thanks to poor finishing from the Cardiff strikers, Blackpool escaped with a point.

Maybe if Cardiff had Kevin Phillips, you might have won. :D

Another disappointing result for Burnley today. I know it's too early to really start talking about things like relegation, but I'm starting to get seriously worried. It's difficult to see where we're going to pick up points unless we sort our defense out sharpish. We can't keep conceding 2-3 goals per match and expect to win games.

It's rubbish. We lost to Swansea against ten men as well but that's another story for another day. We just can't score or defend at the minute. McClaren is obviously doing something wrong in training. What were Derby's goals like?

I was optimistic when McClaren took over but right now, I want him to leave. If we continue the way we are we will get relegated. I don't care what you say about losing players and signing new ones. From the games I've seen and the comments from people and talking to people, we seem to be trying to attack more. Davies built the team on a solid defence so we could nick games. It's not pretty but it works. McClaren must have abolished that in training since he's taken over. If we don't pick up 6 points from our next 3 games then he has to go. The sooner he realises the better. Because eventually, if results don't pick up we'll start to fall behind and eventually we'll be in a relegation battle and could even be relegated. If we were to be relegated, I can't see us going up for a few seasons because all our strikers will probably want to leave. Infact most of the squad probably will.

If the board had backed Billy in the January transfer window a few seasons ago maybe we could be in the Premier League.

Archived