What feature from former FM/CM's do you miss the most ?

Despite the game is improving year after year, some feature are sometimes left off for some reason by SI. However, some of us might disagree with such choices. Let us know!

Ok i'll begin, by order of priority :

- User interface and its tree menu (RIP :'() of FM09

- Skins of FM09

- Strikers rounding the GK much more often than now, from FM09 before patch

- Video tape sent by agents (not sure it has been taken off, however it's been a while I haven't seen any)

I'm sure there are others...

Despite the game is improving year after year, some feature are sometimes left off for some reason by SI. However, some of us might disagree with such choices. Let us know!

Ok i'll begin, by order of priority :

- User interface and its tree menu (RIP :'() of FM09 2 quality ones in the skinning hideout by cleira and davebyrd

- Skins of FM09 Indeed apart from the 2 mentioned above skins have been awful this year

- Strikers rounding the GK much more often than now, from FM09 before patch This doesn't happen as often as I'd like but having said this I did have one of my strikers do this twice in one game recently

- Video tape sent by agents (not sure it has been taken off, however it's been a while I haven't seen any) Miles said recently that its still there, just very very rare.

I'm sure there are others...

See my answers in bold

Thanks for your answers. Don't hesitate to state whether you agree with the OP or not as well.

@Edgar, so you agree more or less to all (you also prefer tree menu ?) ? For the skins, I had a look and one is 2007 like and the other (mickael murray's you mean ?) is far from perfect from what I saw in screens, still a big gap with 2009's.

Chairman stats I still can't understand why they are hidden.

Legal issue : some Chairman IRL have complained about their stats IIRC

Thanks for your answers. Don't hesitate to state whether you agree with the OP or not as well.

@Edgar, so you agree more or less to all (you also prefer tree menu ?) ? For the skins, I had a look and one is 2007 like and the other (mickael murray's you mean ?) is far from perfect from what I saw in screens, still a big gap with 2009's.

Legal issue : some Chairman IRL have complained about their stats IIRC

Yeah I guess you can say I agree, especially about the skins. I think this has been the worst year for Fm skins ever. Some of them are so eye bleedingly horrid.

Weren't 07 and 09 skins similar? If not then my bad. The 2007 one is v good IMO and Flex builds on that.

training ground punch ups, players not training twice a week becasuse they cant be bothered, players sent off for violent conduct, chairman actually having personality i.e saying you should sell a player.

Training ground spats are still in, as is not showing up for training.

Request to postpone matches.

Complain about ref in previous game.

Both from CM01/02.

I miss that too, right now you can only complain about the Referee after certain games.

And most of the time you can't complain about the one decision they got wrong. I've had a clear penalty's turned down, injuring my player in the process of the foul and the commentary line 'the players surround the referee' & 'that decision was a bit dubious'

But in the post match press confrence they ask you about a goal given that looked offside, even though thier goal was not offside and if you complain you will get a warning.

It's the penalty decision that wasn't given that i want to complain about, but i get no chance to do this! :D

i would love to see more videos from agents, especially in the days leading up to the transfer window. i would be very suprised if it did not occur more often with the more active roles agents will play in fm 11. im a blackpool fan and ian holloway was constatnly saying how frustrating it was dealing with agents. he reckons he got easily a hundred videos weekly from them trying to sell their players.

also, what did complaining about a ref actually achieve? from what i can remember, if you complained nothing happened, or am i wrong? im pretty certain you couldnt ask not to have that certain ref again, which i thiunk tony pulis did???

-Lengthy Bans- in CM01/02 I remember (very rare) that players got 9/10 month bans for pushing the ref and serious misconduct.Have never seen it sine and have had a lot of the games in the series.

-Training schedule- another from 01/02 was to pick what exactly the players did in each period of the day.eg. weights, long runs, tactics, sprints. Idon't like how its just so general in the recent games

-Training schedule- another from 01/02 was to pick what exactly the players did in each period of the day.eg. weights, long runs, tactics, sprints. Idon't like how its just so general in the recent games

Really miss this feature. Training was more "realistic" and understandable then rather than just turning them into another area of the game related to sliders....we already have too many sliders in the game :p. Also the part about scouting individual teams....hope it makes a comeback next year if not the next version

also, what did complaining about a ref actually achieve? from what i can remember, if you complained nothing happened, or am i wrong? im pretty certain you couldnt ask not to have that certain ref again, which i thiunk tony pulis did???

I remembered I got a red card overturned once from that (not appeal, complaining). And if the FA felt you had a case the ref will be dropped down a division temporarily (very rare but it happens).

Also the other way, if your complaints were frivolous you might get a fine or even a touchline ban.

ARSE was a command that allowed you to see chairman stats and made players act a little differently, like swearing at the crowd.
I miss match bans for use of doping, I know the legal issues with that, but made the game more realistic :(

That's what ARSE did - you had to insert the word 'ARSE' into the programme somewhere and it enabled players to get bans for drugs etc. Apparently it was to avoid legal issues - because you'd interfered with the programming, it wasn't SI Games fault

Archived