Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I would like to see the option for one of your players to man-mark an oposing player (can this be done already?).

should be able to do that already, tactics screen, click ont he player you want to be the marker, and theres a drop down box entitled "marking"

I think that your transfer policy as a manager should be under great scrutiny, by a variety of factors, such as board, supporters, media, assistant manager, rest of squad.

Sometimes seasons can go by in FM2008 and it gets repetitive, the start of season doesn't have much excitement, except when a big-name signing comes and you announce your board expectations. I would like a more detailed 'board room' meeting with ideas and targets firmly negotiated. Thus, for example if you are at Man Utd, you could say:

"My first priority is to purchase a goalkeeper."

And then you could state what his importance is to you such as:

-I want him to compete with Van der Sar for a first-team start.

-I want him to provide cover for Van der Sar.

-I want him to be backup but with view of replacing Van der Sar in 1/2 years. (Thus, a player could be informed that his squad status will 'automatically' get promoted in the 2nd/3rd season of his contract etc.)

-I feel Van der Sar is too old, and would like a direct replacement for Van der Sar.

Thus if the board look for suitable players or deliberate on how much $$$ they would be willing to spend on both club and player wages, these factors could be taken into consideration.

Thus, I would like every transfer to be carefully negotiated for and its purpose in improving the squad is defined (for which after a season or two, it can be evaluated accordingly by media/board etc.)

Other examples would be:

-Manager X was wise in spending a mere 1.5million euros for Player Y who has duly delievered as the 3rd centre-back of the team.

-Fans are excited by the passion of Player Y, who at mere 19 years of age, has the potential to become a world-class player. The transfer fee of 8 million euros was justified, even though fans were a bit surprised to see such an amount spent on a young striker who has starred only 1 season in the Argentinian top flight.

These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:

* You do not have enough experience

* You do not have enough titles

* You have no effective acceptable

* We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:

* I am leaving because I will manage another club/country

* I am leaving because I do not get along with the team

* I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary

* I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:

* If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.

* Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers

Guest Scream78

Good morning,

it is my first post after SIGames changed all the forum system. I don't know if it is too late for some modifications that I would like to suggest. I hope that they could be included on the new version of the game. Let's start....

1) When you start with a low division team, sometimes they don't have a reserve team, they only have youth team, so after some years in the youth team you must loan them to other teams, make them play in the 1st team (usually not recommended), or just sell them. Is it possible to have the possibility to create the reserve team? Same as to remove it. Is similar as when you are invited to play your sub-teams leagues.

2) When you buy a non-EU player, after the needed time to apply for the nationality, sometimes they just remain without acquiring the nationality. I understand that could be the player decision, but a good idea is to force them to sign in contract that after the needed years they must to, or add an option to suggest the player to get it. I think that it will be more realistic.

3) When you play with a low division team, if you want to contract a new employee, sometimes the chairman blocks your transfer. I think that if you are UNDER the wage budget, they don't have to care how many coaches, scouts, physios or whatever I want to contract.

4) When you contract a youngster, lets say 15yo, they must be equal to an own youth player, for example when you select players for Champions League, that you must add own junior players. When seasons starts it could be good to choose on youth market which players you need or want to come to your youth team.

5) When you move to an AI team, some employees are set to your reserve team, or youth team, I mean physios etc... I kno that is possible to choose their trainer. Why do I not have that possibility?

I think these are the most important ideas I have. If i'm on time to give some more ideas, please let me know and I will do.

Please could any of SI Team tell me if any idea will be added, or has been added, or they will be investigated?

I have another question: could I be a beta tester?

Thank you very much and congratulations to your game.

;)

Something simple thaat I have forgotten to add it earlier, but when it comes to selecting "All Players from a Nation" instead of having a drop down menu, have a tick box similar to when you select which league you want to play in, as at the moment it takes a heck of while tos select all of the playing nations.

Small change I know but hey, it would make this devoted fans life a little easier. :D :D

There are a few things I'd like to see in the game.

A.

The game seems to trick you, most commonly with the second season. Usually the second season becomes twice as difficult, due to the AI giving you more resistance.

Personally I find this odd, as in real football, the season's difficulty doesn't change either. Teams change and thus could end up stronger, or weaker, but that is the only change.

The AI also seems to like to mess around, as I have encountered many many many times, when I scored a goal and a minute later the computer scored a goal, there are various of these situations that I am sure most of you know.

B.

Some other features. I don't know if any of you guys know the old game called: Ultimate Football Manager. If not, look it up.

Anyway, the game featured many options not seen in other football managing games, even up to today. It allowed you to improve your own stadium, choose your own advertisement, add facilities and basically allowed you to act like a chairman, as well as manager.

I think it'd be a neat idea if something like this would be added to Football Manager as well.

C.

More pictures of players. There are still tons of players without pictures. Is it difficult to obtain the pictures? Like, are the clubs being pedantic about this or something?

Personally I fail to see why many players don't have pictures, as the club websites usually have them up.

Anyway, these are just a few things I can think of. Hopefully a staff member will read these and thinks, "Hey! The chairman options in USM were pretty neat, let's add something similar in this game."

ALL FAIRLY EASY TO INCLUDE I THINK

I'd like to have the option of taking the coaching team with me when I move clubs. Something we often see as most managers try to bring their backroom staff.

I'd also like to give a players wishlist to the chairman, I think that's how a lot of Championship with limited funds work when there aren't big bucks.

I'd like to be able to interact with fans. I play as Southampton and the fans get demanding even when I finish in playoffs but my matchday team is only an average age of 19. In reality the fans would be excited about what I am buidling for the future.

I'd like to set playing instructions for some players that they will always play to, such as a player with a good long range shot to always use it rather than the instruction being specific to a position within your tactic. Some wingers like beckham you would want to always cross from deep whereas Walcott you would instruct to get to the byline. If the instruction for your right winger is byline you need to change the instruction when you make a substitution but the instruction could be set as player specific....(does that make sense?)

I'd like all football personel to be in the game, even TV pundits like Shearer and Hanson who you could try and tempt into the game.

I'd like to see testimonials and charity games on occassions.

I'd like to be able to get my team more disciplined and interact and develope players personalities more. The player unhappy charachteristics should be easier to solve with improved interaction (discussion?)

What do you think?

I'd like to see...

A more realistic reputation system.

e.g. whilst managing Billericay I was offered a job in Serie B in Italy. A bit unrealistic!

When a goal is scored in stoppage time, instead of it being displayed as 90, it should be 90+2 or whatever extra minute is appropriate

Wishlist for chairman, dependant on the clubs financial resources and reputation

More audio files to complement the matchday experience

When creating your profile, the ability to select multiple languages

It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.

It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again. I'm sure that while there are a few Winston Bogardes out there -- players who are happy to sit in the reserves for 40,000 a week -- most professional players would want to play as often as they could and if a manager said "You're never going to appear for this club again as long as I'm in charge," the player would get the hint and go somewhere else.

YES YES!:thup:

I'd like to see the following feature in some iteration of the game: A football chairman role you can take up if you gain enough money to buy a club, switching the game from a football focus to a more business one. It's hardly football management, but it's something I've never seen before in a game.

Transfer system.

Just a quick thought on the new transfer system.

Will you still be able to see what clubs are interested in players? This seems a little unrealistic to me. I would like to see a system whereby if a club has expressed a definate interest in a player (ie Liverpool with Gareth Barry, tottenham with Arshavin) then this should be clearly stated. However, where is it only a rumour (ie Liverpool with David Silva, Villa with Milner) this should be made clear. It seems a little unfair that as a manager adds a player to his shortlist everyone else around the world becomes immediatley aware. I would also like to see the opportunity for a club to buy a player without anyone becoming aware until the trasfer is completed (I am aware this is difficult in the current media age).

Just a thought.

Matt

These are my suggestions. I'm using a translator. Original post (in Spanish): here

- Reasons why a club rejects your job application:

* You do not have enough experience

* You do not have enough titles

* You have no effective acceptable

* We do not want Argentine coaches

- Reasons for resignation:

* I am leaving because I will manage another club/country

* I am leaving because I do not get along with the team

* I am leaving because I am not satisfied with my salary

* I am leaving because I am not in conformity with the president, xD.

- People and clubs favorites:

* If I always take the same player or coach to other teams, I want to be able to add him manually to my favorite people.

* Same with clubs, If I'm 2000 days in a club, I want to be able to put it as another favourite club since I originally selected Independiente as my favourite.

That's it.

Cheers

Hi:)

Which translator did you use? It's very good!

Some of the things suggested here are already in the game.

Jimbokav: Clubs do have disliked personal. Check the editor ;)

It's Football Manager for a reason. Once you stop and think about Football Chairman, you'll realsie how little there would actually be to do.

I would like you to post new ideas about FM.

I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.

Hi to all......I would like to see an option in the transfer section where you can agree to purchase a player and loan him straight back to the selling club( I know you could do this with the editor...but more realistic during in -game situations)..i.e. big club wants to get a youngster from a smaller team before he gets snapped up by someone else.

I would love the editor to be a real time one so current injuries/transfers/club take overs could be addressed......I know there are some great real time editors available but they are limited..you cant transfer/create people etc etc

One other thing would be the facility to create a tournament...i.e. uk home champs at end of domestic season england/scotland etc

The ability to interact with players more.........................such as leaving out a star player to protect him for a big game etc../more interaction doesnt have to be through media...just between you and player, for things like a kick up the bum for recent form/advice re-future games etc (currently you can ask/ tell a player you are going to rest him this usually upsets many players perhaps if you could give more reasons would create more understanding from your squad and be more realistic)

One last thing would be the ability to create sponsors...love the FM series have them all looking forward to 2009 looks great.

i would like to see more pics of players, it helps in terms of transfers to see who you are buying, ie, a big strong centre forward/back, or a pacy winger who can beat men, its good to know what the player looks like that you are developing into a world class player, also it would be great if these pics could age every year to keep in line with players getting older.

I agree it would be nice, but i don't think it is practical. The difficulty in adding a way that the game can realistically age pictures of a player would be far too great for what little benefit it would add to the game.

actually, i disagree - yeah there mite not be much to do as a chairman, but then there again there could b alot to do for example watch newcastle.

you can be a chairman and decide wat manager you want for th club and giv ur reasons why u want that manager and also y u want to sack that manager, also giv a contract to th manager that you think is relevant and decide how much money u want to invest into the club,

also, you could not interfere at all and jus keep quiet or if too quiet, hav a manager and th fans mayb question ur commitment or be fully involved in th team and mayb interfere too much by demandin to buy or sell a player and giv a reason, and decide wen u want to sell th club aswell as staff, and giv press conferences etc. there is alot to do

also, improve th staduims and training methods and also, be able to discuss with th manager bout transfer targets and possibly havin a manager com up to u and say wat player th manager wants and see how much extra you can giv to get th player or tell th manager it isnt possible, and set up targets for th manager to achieve and set up th transfer and wage budgets, and even suggest what players you want to play or which player u dont want to play in a followin match and recall players from internationals, basically hav a say in a lot of things

thats quite a lot of things you can do with th chairman and i hope it does work or at least try n attempt to try somthin bout it cos in th end of th day, it is managin a football club, except you're actually managin th club as a whole

n everythin i hav said does happen cos recently over th past 5 years, chairmen hav slowly grown into th football world and hav a say and hav alot of activity instead of jus som1 bein an owner and givin money out to buy players.

Apologies if this have already been suggested.

Shareholders Dividends

I really like to see an “option” for Shareholders Dividends. It will be nice for gamers, whom is interested to manage a club, and also watch the revenues grow. It’s another form of achievement for playing the game. For me, I love to discover young future potential player which might help the team to win the league. The young player, can later be sold for huge profit, in the transfer market. But at the end of the season, only to see the profit given out as Shareholders Dividends. It really spoil the mood and fun. After 2 or 3 season, I can't generate any further interest, as huge dividends is given out to shareholders.

How about adding some kind of 'after-life' for footballers when they retire?

For example, say you managed a great loyal player and he retired after a while.

If he chooses not to continue as a coach/scout/physio etc, normally he gets wiped out of the system and never get to see him again.

Sometimes, when I play all the way to 2050 or something, I want to look back to what I have been doing for 40+ years and interact or get in touch with players who used to play for me.

So what I suggest is, instead of wiping the player out, he should still stay in the system but with other profession such as a groundsman or a media officer at the club or even non-football profession such as teacher or businessman(pub/club owner etc).

If you click on the players name there will be no attribute but have the following:

1. Job title (eg. 'Groundsman at Arsenal' or 'Pub owner')

2. Location

3. Club history

4. Honours

It is very simple for SI to implement because all you have to do is to keep a long list of jobs in the DB and assign them any job at random out of the DB when they retire.

There are two problem with this.

A. The game DB might become too big

B. The SI might want to keep it simple and limit non-football related factors

For A, you can solve the problem by having an option for each player whether to keep him in the DB or not; and for some significant players who were classed as Worldclass or something the game itself can automatically keep them. Unless automatically kept by the game or 'keeping' options ticked by the gamer, all other footballers will be wiped out as usual thus game speed slowdown kept to a minimum.

For B, you can solve it by partly implementing the feature: you can only restrict the professions to football related such as groundsman, media officer, chairman(might not be straight after retirement), technical director and so on at a football club.

For football professions, the SI can even develop this further in future by having these retired players continuously interacting with the managers in the game.

Groundsman: the retired player appear when altering pitch dimensions

Media Officer: appear during press conference which is to be implemented in FM09

Chairman: appear (after sometime) when there is a takeover bid for a club

What do you guys think?

I don't know if this has already been suggested, and it's only a small tweak, but one I think that could prove important.

I would like the ability to ask a player to work on his weaker foot. I know in FM09 that I can now ask him to learn a new 'preferred move', but strengthening his weaker foot would also be nice.

The example I have in mind at the moment is a regen in my current game whose positions are listed as D RLC. His natural positions are DR and DC, but his foot is listed as 'Left only'. Surely, if I see him as my DR, I want him to be comfortable with his right foot?

Please SI :)

How about something to do with the fans in the game suggesting which players to buy etc?

I remember a few England managers before Capello were doing bad and fans were saying why does he pick Heskey and not Owen etc. Also I believe this happens at clubs where the media say the fans are not happy with the managers tactics and he should have put this player in and not him etc. Fans also have a say on which potential signings they would like to see, from media to Football club official website fanzine forums.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (there are too many pages to read here) but i'd like some kind of virtual prize and a place in FM history when i win the Champions League with Swindon Town... at least this way ill have something to use when arguing with my mrs about why playing this game is not wasting my time and that it is more important then sitting with her while she watches Ugly Betty :-)

Seriously though some kind of online Hall of Fame would be ace!

My other suggestions would be

-Specific instructions for subs, ie go kick Christiano Ronaldo around and make sure he doesn't score

-More feedback about how the fans feel about you, may not change the game but nice to hear fans supporting you if you get sacked after winning a clubs first trophy in years but then having a few bad seasons, also nice to have the added pressue if you are doing badly and the fans start to get agaisnt you such as protests outside the stadium etc and then to have all this change because you win a local derby! Fans and the newspapers can be this shallow!

-On that point the newspaper headlines and transfer news would be a cool feature, i mean who doesn't read the back pages of the newspaper to see what they think of their team/players and to read the latest transfer gossip

-If a player is in high demand his value should increase, maybe even the possability to offer to other teams stating you have recieved £x from another club

-Improve the favorite staff feature, if you work with an assistand for many years and especially if you are sucessful you can expect a really good realtionship to build up. If you then leave the club it should be easier to recruit these people from your old club, infact on occasions they should be determined to leave and join you at the new club.

-Rather than players becoming unhapy at you for turning down a bid from a higher profile club, they should speak to you and make their frustrations known, allowing you to try to persuade the to stay through new contracts, promises of new signings etc

-Refs should on occasion come out after a game and admit they made a mistake, im thinking not giving a penalty in the FA cup final etc, after all these things do happen and they are only human :-)

I'm sure there are lots of ther things i will think of and i'll post them in due course but that will do for now! Overall a great series of games and i cant wait for the next installment. I can remember the conversations all those years ago in the first Champ Man where we were saying wouldn't a 3d real life view of the games be great. Looking forward to trying it out and im sure it will only get better over the years!

Like when you have two players with the same surname and you offer one to clubs - the sneaky buggers bid for the good one :D

I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much. :(

I had two Aaron Brown's in my Gillingham team- one was a left winger, and one was a centre back signed from Reading who was immense. Real captain's material so I made him captain. Only I didn't. I had a left winger who generally only came on as a sub and had an influence of 6 as my captain. Wrong Aaron Brown. I was annoyed, so I used the nickname function and named one Aaran Brown. It didn't help much. :(

You could have called him Brownie..it also adds a sweet taste to the game..yum yum

So, in other words, you're not very good at FM anymore - so it should be changed to suit you?

Exactly - I'm crap ... however for every one awesome person at this game I bet you there are at least a few crap ones. SI Games need to appeal to these people just as much as those that are great!!! After all I pay my 30 quid just as much as you do - why should I have a lesser gaming experience? Just because I've no talent ... thats not very fair. What I am proposing is not a solution that only benefits me - I want easy and hard mode (as exists in most mainstream games). Then I can enjoy my easy game and you can enjoy being the best of the best....

If SI games had any sense they would prioritise this - as their game is awesome - the only thing that will drive people away is if the game becomes unplayable to a large community - and with each year that passes the game gets harder and another portion of the community gets excluded. Eventually only a small crowd will be able to compete which means lower sales and end game to Football Manager.... The guys at SI are a clever bunch I'm sure the AI is do-able....

Difficulty levels are the key!!!!

I do like the idea of an Online Hall Of fame. Be nice if the game could have some sort of scoring system that reflects just how well you've done. Plenty of people could win the CL with Barcelona, for instance, but an online HOF that showed people who've done the same with, say, Worcester City, would be a nice touch. Certainly be good bragging rights, if nothing else.

Whenever i come on this immensely popular thread, i'm always sure to read the first 10 posts again. Great fun.

What I want SI to add to the games is the ability to see lower leagues tables . I dont mean opening up more leagues to play, say lower than Conference North/South, but to be able to see the league tables of those that feed these leagues. I want to be able to keep an eye on my local team Truro City as they make their rise to league football, which in reality is coming quicker and quicker due to the financial backing and our setup but I want to be able to see it in FM too. At the moment when you search for a team who isnt in a playable league they are just listed as being in a lower division, yet in the database these lower leagues are named and the teams are included.

A faster reaction from the board to your form (in some situations).

To illustrate my point, an example:

I'm managing Lens in Ligue 1. The board have said they expect me to finish mid-table, and make a push towards qualifying for Europe. They gave me a small transfer budget (something like £500,000). I managed to sell a couple of young stars and raise some cash which I promptly spent on strengthening my squad. A third of the way through the season, and I'm sitting pretty in 2nd place. I line up a transfer for a 20yo who will be brilliant for me. I need another £3m from the board, and so I ask them for the money. They tell me they "have yet to see a return on the money spent this season". Now, I know it could all go horribly wrong, but I've got a mid-table side to challenge for the title, what more do they want? Surely that's enough of a return for them to find me a bit more money?

I think there needs to be somewhere in the board confidence where as manager you can see your clubs reputation in the country of play ie england then europe then rest of the world, this could show how well your clubs is known for signing players from other countries.

also there shouldnt be set postions to drop players in for match selection, should be able to pick up players and drop them onto the pitch where you want them to play, as you might want to drop a player just afew yards from his normal postion ie play rooney as a 2nd striker so inbetween attacking midfield and centre forward.

hope theres are good ideas :)

It must be easier to get rid of players who you don't like and who know they'll never play for you again. In my case, Damien Duff sitting in the Newcastle reserves on 60,000 pounds a week. I've offered him to other clubs for 0 (zero) pounds and no one's interested. In older version of FM you had the ability to pay part of a player's wages if he agreed to go to another club and I wish we could see this again.

That kind of exists in FM 08, but it seems to only work when a player offers it. I have sold saha from Utd in the past and he has demanded I pay 20k a week so he'll leave. I'd agree that having it as a standard option to get rid of players you dont want would be good.

Also when clicking on a player after a season the history should show the goals and average rating from the whole season instead of just league goals and avg rating.

I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or i have done this thread wrong but i cam across a website which i thought would be useful for future Football managers

http://www.imscouting.com/

Its a scouting database of players now or up and coming, its full of stats and all that sort of shizzle , so its upto date and realistic ... Its been put together by the agent pini zahivi?? or summat like that.

Also a few other ideas of mine are:

1.) To hire youth team managers rather than a coach and give them a budget from within your transfer budget so they can sign youth players also .... This may need a bit of tweakin hear and there but ppl i ave spoken to seem to like the idea

2.) When networking to be able to set up a friends league , so instead of doin a full season in england with for example 10 of your mates , to just have you and your mates in one league with one transfer window, this would be quicker and gettin to the point of networking ... beating your mates.

What do people think of my ideas?

I'll second that one. It is ridiculous where in a season where a player may score upwards of 50 goals in all competitions (don't laugh I've had players do it by playing in the EPL, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League) yet some 15-20 of those goals are ignored in their history once the new season starts.

They aren't ignored, you just have to select the individual season to view the breakdown

Archived