Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

There is loads of things you could do, But it proberly won't make any difference because the tactic is so attacking, the fullbacks are designed to go up and push the opposition back and also pull them out wide so it opens gaps inside the middle.

Besy thing i could suggest is try and and have subs on the bench that can play in these positions.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have learnt to have at least 2 full back subs on the bench. The best ones are those who can also play in central defence.

To be honest, the full backs are fine as long as there is about 7 days in-between matches....but I'm always keeping an eye on upcoming fixtures now and using squad players to keep my best ones fresh. I suppose it's what managers do in real life as well.

How's the winger tactic coming along?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Hough, can i just check what's the difference between the roles of the middle st and the left/right ones? I have this striker on the left whose stats are honestly much better than the one in the middle.. but he doesnt score a lot of goals, but instead, has plenty of assists.. is it normal for the one in the centre to score more?

also, i notice that the player filter for the middle striker is actually the same as the left/right ones, minus a few attributes.. so by right, those who perform well on the left/right should be able to play well in the middle right? so how come the said striker above don't perform well when i put him in the centre?

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have learnt to have at least 2 full back subs on the bench. The best ones are those who can also play in central defence.

To be honest, the full backs are fine as long as there is about 7 days in-between matches....but I'm always keeping an eye on upcoming fixtures now and using squad players to keep my best ones fresh. I suppose it's what managers do in real life as well.

How's the winger tactic coming along?

The tactic is coming along slow to be honest.

If your looking for a winger tactic i recommend the Invinciables one, That is a brillinat tactic and well worth trying out.

Mr Hough, can i just check what's the difference between the roles of the middle st and the left/right ones? I have this striker on the left whose stats are honestly much better than the one in the middle.. but he doesnt score a lot of goals, but instead, has plenty of assists.. is it normal for the one in the centre to score more?

also, i notice that the player filter for the middle striker is actually the same as the left/right ones, minus a few attributes.. so by right, those who perform well on the left/right should be able to play well in the middle right? so how come the said striker above don't perform well when i put him in the centre?

yeah the Outer strikers are more creative wingers in a forward position really. they will look to find space out wide that will open the defence for the middle striker. You could try have there wide play as moving into channels That might help abit.

The middle striker is the more goalscorer, The Ruud Van Nisterooy of the team shall we say, You want him in the middle to score the goals.

so can ask something. in your classic tactic the team mantality is setting to a high attacking nothc, but will that matter at all since all players have their mentality set individually??

i always thought that if they had them set individually then it wouldnt matter what the team mentality was. if someone could let me know.

In that tactic I moved the 2 side strikers to wider positions (LF and RF) and set their wide play movement to ''cut inside'', also changed the team play to mixed instead of ''throught the middle'' and its working brilliantly, exploiting the space like never before :D

Hey there Mr Hough, I have applied the tweaks you spoke about in Kawee's. I understand putting the wingers in sync with each other which is pretty easy. But what have you done with the strikers? I have sync'd the strikers so that they are identical (i.e. Complete Striker and Complete striker) and wondered whether you did the same?

My midfield set-up is ball winning midfielder (Support MCR)) and deep lying midfielder (Defend MCL) is that correct?

Anyhow, after applying your tweaks my Man City team is playing cracking flowing football and beat Bolton 3-1 (Very cmfortably) away, beat Spurs 4-3 away (Pretty disappointing as Spurs were down to 10 men and my defence looked pretty weak) and beat Everton 2-0 (Very convincingly).

Is this gonna be the foundation to the winger tactic moving forward? Thanks for your time...

Hey there Mr Hough, I have applied the tweaks you spoke about in Kawee's. I understand putting the wingers in sync with each other which is pretty easy. But what have you done with the strikers? I have sync'd the strikers so that they are identical (i.e. Complete Striker and Complete striker) and wondered whether you did the same?

My midfield set-up is ball winning midfielder (Support MCR)) and deep lying midfielder (Defend MCL) is that correct?

Anyhow, after applying your tweaks my Man City team is playing cracking flowing football and beat Bolton 3-1 (Very cmfortably) away, beat Spurs 4-3 away (Pretty disappointing as Spurs were down to 10 men and my defence looked pretty weak) and beat Everton 2-0 (Very convincingly).

Is this gonna be the foundation to the winger tactic moving forward? Thanks for your time...

I have made slightly different changes to the striker, Also drop the defence line to the middle setting, That will help defence massivly.

I have made slightly different changes to the striker, Also drop the defence line to the middle setting, That will help defence massivly.

Absolutely, yeah forgot to mentioned i'd changed that...either way the football this tactic produces with your tweaks is great to watch...congrats to Mr Hough and Kawee!!!

Hey Mr. Hough, just a quick question and an update as to how my Swansea City team have performed under your tactic (AVD-MOD---Mr-Hough-4-1-2-3-Unbeaten-Final-Version) thus far.

I had thought I had my own 4-4-2 tactic worked out with all friendly wins and a great opening day home 4-1 win against Burnley, but the following 4 games saw my team lose with my team toping both the goal scoring and goal conceding charts.

1-2,

3-4,

3-2.

I was getting a little annoyed at this stage; and then, I found this post.

Since switching over to your tactic I have had the following record,

League

Watford (A) 0-3

Hull (H) 4-1

Coventry (H) 2-1

Cup

Man Utd (H)

0-0 ( 0-1 ET)

Utd did put out their reserves and then fielded Scohles, Vidic and Giggs in the second half. I went down to 10 men in ET and only lost by the one goal so I found this quite impressive.

The over result over the last 4 games is quite impressive and I must thank you, however the question I have is in relation to the amount of yellow cards my players are picking up including conceding a couple of penalties.

Would this be down to the general tackling abilities of my players or does it require a tweaking or the tackling within the tactic?

Sorry i meant the strikers in sync with each other, What i mean by that is that the strikers are on the same settings, In Sync with each other so that they play off each other instead of one being low and one being high they are at the same level.

The wingers have a much higher mentality, This works incredible because what tends to happen is the striker will pick up the ball quite deep about 20 yards out and then either the other striker or the winger will make forward run beind the fullbacks and be in on goal, It's beautiful football to watch.

Have you made any other defensive tweaks bar dropping the defensive line Mr Hough?

None at all, You don't need to because of the pressing in the midfield and defence, Now i say high pressing and if the D-Line was high that would be a problem but becuase i have reduced it, There is no problem at all.

mr.hough, im now playing a flat 4411 and have some defensive problems.

as the invincible tactic does not contain a DMC aswell, I though your tweaks might help me aswell.

so you said, you just dropped the d line to very middle and thats it right?

you didnt make any other changes like changing the mentality/closing down settings of your defensive players and so on?

logically, if you are solid with your tweaks, I guess I might be even more since I have an extra midfielder who supports the team defensively.

would be nice if you could help me!!!

None at all, You don't need to because of the pressing in the midfield and defence, Now i say high pressing and if the D-Line was high that would be a problem but becuase i have reduced it, There is no problem at all.

could you provide a download link to this with your tweaks please mate

This tactic sucks if you play against a team that has quicker players and counters.

Assuming you are refering to the tactic that was linked from a french forum, the defense is a complete shambles. The offensive part is fun but it uses 8 players to attack, and has just 2 DCs sitting back and relatively deep as well. Often you will have 8 players in the opponent's area, and the rest of the pitch will be empty, with your two DCs sitting back miles away from any kind of support. Unless your DCs are vastly superior than the opposition strikers and can win in every 1v1 situation you will concede every time you loose possession. It's still a good way to score a fast goal when you're desperate and it can also steamroll small teams.

The Invincibles has also performed poorly in defense for me, possibly because I don't manage the best team in the world and when my DCs get dragged all over the place, every time they miss a tackle I concede.

Really love this tactics! Won Liga BBVA with Atletico Madrid and World Cup with Spain in 2014 with 10.3 Classic!

Currently managing FC Sevilla in 2017. Last match we won 1:0 in Camp Nou (with AVD MOD)! Really enjoyed this!!!

After 9 matches played we have 6/3/0 with 18GF to 6GA. Could be better if we would not concede those late goals in games we already won. Against Sporting Gijon we were 5:0 in front and conceded in 89th minute.

What can I tweak to prevent those late goals and save a clean sheet :confused: Increase timewasting, decrease tempo? Also can I do something if were are in need of a goal late in game? Something to go all out attack?

All tips welcome!

Thank you Mr.Hough for this brilliant tactics!!!:thup::thup::thup:

Assuming you are refering to the tactic that was linked from a french forum, the defense is a complete shambles. The offensive part is fun but it uses 8 players to attack, and has just 2 DCs sitting back and relatively deep as well. Often you will have 8 players in the opponent's area, and the rest of the pitch will be empty, with your two DCs sitting back miles away from any kind of support. Unless your DCs are vastly superior than the opposition strikers and can win in every 1v1 situation you will concede every time you loose possession. It's still a good way to score a fast goal when you're desperate and it can also steamroll small teams.

The Invincibles has also performed poorly in defense for me, possibly because I don't manage the best team in the world and when my DCs get dragged all over the place, every time they miss a tackle I concede.

Yea i just analyzed the positions of each player, my attacks are 90% successfull through the centre in combination with the left side, so im setting my right side some what more defensive and there are less counters now (also less chances for me) but it is a great thing to do if you want to balance this tactic

off topic question .. y my star player had many attributes decrease ? such as robinho and criscito .. robinho his dribbling from 19 to 18 ... and many more technique...i do not understand what going on.. eventhough my coach all had 5 star on their trainig..