Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair on the original thread for this tactic the guy does say that he has only tested it with a decent side and quality players so i expected that. im using tottenham with the latest transfers update and want to try this with them as i have bought one or two players i think will go well. any chance you can pm me your tactic or a screenshot of the changes so i can do it myself and see how it goes. thanks

to be fair on the original thread for this tactic the guy does say that he has only tested it with a decent side and quality players so i expected that. im using tottenham with the latest transfers update and want to try this with them as i have bought one or two players i think will go well. any chance you can pm me your tactic or a screenshot of the changes so i can do it myself and see how it goes. thanks

I didn't make that many changes to be fair, Just move the D-Line to the middle. Move the left midfielder to the striker spot and copy the original strikers settings over. That should be about it.

Mr Hough I have the latest version of your 4-3-3 tactic

AVD MOD - Mr Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version. (Crdoba, Oct 2018)

it works excellent.I just want some tips to make it work even better.What Preferred moves you suggest me to teach my players in order to fit better to the tactic?It will be more easy for them to follow the tactic instructions if they have it as favored move.

I have some in mind but I want a confirmation plus more suggestions.

Side forwards : Come deep to get ball - the side forwards are more creative.If they pull back to get the ball they will be either free of marking and perform an unpressured long shot or pass, or they will draw a defender and open space for the middle striker.At least this is how I understand it :p

Middle forward : Try to beat offside trap - This way will ensure that he will always be in front of the attack to get the through ball, and not somewhere in the middle of the pitch...

of course preferred moves in order to work they need player have the required attributes, but I am aware of this and know what attributes are needed for each preferred move, I just want to know the best preferred moves for this tactic philosophy and play style

Thank you in advance

I didn't make that many changes to be fair, Just move the D-Line to the middle. Move the left midfielder to the striker spot and copy the original strikers settings over. That should be about it.

How do you decide which of your strikers to set as targetman? Or do you not play with targetman?:-) If you do, still have it set to feet or change up that at all?

Tried the last version of this tactic with Espanyol in Season 2011/2012 and had very good results, take a look at the picture.

Espa.jpg?t=1284850256

Considering that the season before I finished 7th and that many teams had a better squad, I think the results are pretty good. I also managed to arrive to the spanish cup final, but lost there against Real Madrid (3-1).

I'm not only happy because of the results, I specially like the way football is played with this tactic: it is pretty solid defensivly, all players in the pitch use to have good ratings and midflielders and strikers use to have a good amount of goals and assists. I specially like that it creates first touch football (at least it does for me, cause all my midfielders and strikers have good first touch). Oh, and I can't forget about this one: the counter attacks are quick and precise, I love the goals the counters create. But the best thing of all is the incredible amount of chances this tactic creates - yay!

The only things I don't like so much is that many times I don't have much posession and my strikers miss many chances (maybe because they aren't world class strikers), but I don't really care as long as I have good results and beautifull football.

I know many people come here to talk about your tactic, but I thought you would like to see more feedback, Mr Hough, and not only the "when is your new tactic going to be released" kind of post.

Screenies of some of the best matches:

vsvalencia.jpg?t=1284850386

vsathetic.jpg?t=1284850434

farsa.jpg?t=1284850470

putabarza.jpg?t=1284850497

I advise to people using this tactic to be patient. I got this results after my team was gelled and adapted to the tactic, the first matches when you change the tactic use to be difficult, so don't worry if you don't get the desired results in the 4-8 first matches.

Ok i think i have finally crack it.... The winger tactic that is.

Now i know this has taken me ages to get right, But i don't think there is any point in releasing a tactic is isn't as good as my previous one, Now i think i have acheived that. Here is a screenshot of my current gam,e with Everton.

Everton League after 10 Games.

Evertonafter10gamesUndefeated.jpg

Some of the changes i have made in this tactic is.

Lowered the D-Line to Deep. This is because although i have been playing with a 2 man midfield the midfield does have a tendancy to break forwardand can leave the defence exposed especilly if the defence is High, But as it's Deep this gives my players chance to get back in position and stop attacks.

Completly Changed the Attack. We now attack with 4 players and by god do we attack!, Some of the best football i have seen comes from this because the 4 players AML AMR ST ST are so attacking and i am now on the counter attack they rarely come back to help out defence this gives them perfect opportunity to score goals becuase it's effectivly 4 on 4 and when you attack with the momentum that i do, Well you rarely miss as my screenshot above shows.

I haven't changed much on the defence as i think it's decent and didn't need changing that much.

I am playing with more tempo too, Simply to help the attack and get the ball moving up field.

I am really really loving this tactic at the minute. I am working tonight but expect release of this beauty in the next 2-3 days.

Excellent analysis of the correlation of d-line and 2-MC midfields. How did you do in difficult away games against better teams (assuming you played any)? Do you think defending with 6 players will work with teams that aren't really top quality? At any rate, the Everton results are more than convincing, the attack looks spectacular, so I do believe congratulations are in order.

Excellent analysis of the correlation of d-line and 2-MC midfields. How did you do in difficult away games against better teams (assuming you played any)? Do you think defending with 6 players will work with teams that aren't really top quality? At any rate, the Everton results are more than convincing, the attack looks spectacular, so I do believe congratulations are in order.

I have just played Arsenal at there ground and beat them 4-2, Both there goals coming from Long Range efforts, Having a keeper with good Arial Ability Agility and Reflexes will help on this situations.

Hey Mr Hough Have you tried it with the mcl in the AM position?

I'm curious about how you would change the AM's instructions and mentality(this in on the Kawee tactic).

Have you dropped the D-line to the first notch of Deep or deeper?

I thought having the D-Line deep would leave a big hole between the midfielders and defence.

Have you left the AML as the target man?

And the Supporting CM as play maker?

Hey Mr Hough Have you tried it with the mcl in the AM position?

I'm curious about how you would change the AM's instructions and mentality(this in on the Kawee tactic).

Have you dropped the D-line to the first notch of Deep or deeper?

I thought having the D-Line deep would leave a big hole between the midfielders and defence.

Have you left the AML as the target man?

And the Supporting CM as play maker?

It can be tricky having the D-Line deep because of, As you say the Hole just above the defence, I have only encountered problems like this against high pressure and good counter sides like Man Utd Chelsea them types.

It's an easy problem to fix though just need to have midfielders who are composed on the ball good passing becuase the likely hood is that if the opposition is pressing you and you can move the ball about the pitch the opposition will open up easily becuase they are pressing themselves out of position where as your players are staying in position, Most notably attack where a AMR or AML will run from the touchline and behind the fullback onto a pass, I see this time and time again, It's great to watch

can you post the screen of the left striker and the screen of the team instruction pls...cos you are not so clear in your explanations and i cant understand the tweak...so i would watch it to myself...thank you

mike.

This isn't a working of Kawee's tactic this is entirely my own but if you still want screens i have not a problem with that.

Mr Hough, any idea how your new tactic stacks up against playing the FML default 4123 that the original tactic in this thread made wildly popular?

I am looking to get a non 4123 tactic going in my FML game, and being able to not get tore apart by the ME's implementation of the 4123 is key to whether a tactic is viable in FML for me.

Mr Hough, any idea how your new tactic stacks up against playing the FML default 4123 that the original tactic in this thread made wildly popular?

I am looking to get a non 4123 tactic going in my FML game, and being able to not get tore apart by the ME's implementation of the 4123 is key to whether a tactic is viable in FML for me.

To be honest i'm not sure how it would play becuase i don't use FML at all, Playing against other managers is incredibly tricky though becuase they all have different settings where as the AI on the game has default settings

Best off just having a look when i release it.

Now i know this has taken me ages to get right, But i don't think there is any point in releasing a tactic is isn't as good as my previous one, Now i think i have acheived that. Here is a screenshot of my current gam,e with Everton.

Lowered the D-Line to Deep. This is because although i have been playing with a 2 man midfield the midfield does have a tendancy to break forwardand can leave the defence exposed especilly if the defence is High, But as it's Deep this gives my players chance to get back in position and stop attacks.

Completly Changed the Attack. We now attack with 4 players and by god do we attack!, Some of the best football i have seen comes from this because the 4 players AML AMR ST ST are so attacking and i am now on the counter attack they rarely come back to help out defence this gives them perfect opportunity to score goals becuase it's effectivly 4 on 4 and when you attack with the momentum that i do, Well you rarely miss as my screenshot above shows.

I haven't changed much on the defence as i think it's decent and didn't need changing that much.

I am playing with more tempo too, Simply to help the attack and get the ball moving up field.

I am really really loving this tactic at the minute. I am working tonight but expect release of this beauty in the next 2-3 days.

4 goals / game is extremly impressive.

Could you post your fixtures, and 2 or 3 game stats of 'typical game' (to show a sample of what we can expect in term of possession, pass completion, CCC's etc)

Did you make any signing, and what do you like in the 'offensive part' ? I mean what makes you 'love this tactic at the minute' ?

Thanks,

S!lver

If there are any specific attributes that the players need, will you be informing us about those as well? Thanks

4 goals / game is extremly impressive.

Could you post your fixtures, and 2 or 3 game stats of 'typical game' (to show a sample of what we can expect in term of possession, pass completion, CCC's etc)

Did you make any signing, and what do you like in the 'offensive part' ? I mean what makes you 'love this tactic at the minute' ?

Thanks,

S!lver

Exactly what you said the offensive part Thats why i am loving this tactic, It's brilliant to watch as the passing just rips through teams and i had scored 40 goals in 10 games

I am playing around with the D-Line and i feel that is crucial to my team as if i play too deep i get pressured to much against the big teams If i play too high they break with more players and will score that way, I have given this extra attention and even against some smaller teams it happens but becuase i score 4-5 goals i forget about it.

Getting the D-Line just right for my team is crucial.

whats the best defensive formation? call me old fashioned by i dont like 4-4 and 6-4 results etc. theres so many tactics now that testing them all will take me days. i was hoping someone out there might help me?

Most if not all of the popular and succesfull formations in FM10 are excesively offensive ones. If you are specifically looking for a defensive formation, I would recommend taking a look at the TT&F '10, in the appendix section there is an excellent implementation of a counter attacking 4-5-1 based on the real Bolton team. It works well and with a few tweaks it can be quite effective. If for whatever reason you can't find it, PM me. Let me point out however that most of Mr. Hough's tactics have a good ballance between offense and defense, so unless you absolutely want to play anti-football you will get lots of convincing wins without conceding much if you use any of the tactics in this thread.

Exactly what you said the offensive part Thats why i am loving this tactic, It's brilliant to watch as the passing just rips through teams and i had scored 40 goals in 10 games

I am playing around with the D-Line and i feel that is crucial to my team as if i play too deep i get pressured to much against the big teams If i play too high they break with more players and will score that way, I have given this extra attention and even against some smaller teams it happens but becuase i score 4-5 goals i forget about it.

Getting the D-Line just right for my team is crucial.

mr hough, I have changed my 4231 deep to the manU 451 with the central midfielders, one amc and 2 wingers and I must say that its unbelievable, well must admit, that giving your two central midfielders tight zonal instead of tight man marking will definetely mean smaller gaps between d-line and midfield.

just try it out, I have one cm with defend duty who has mentality 7 and closing down 12 so acts more like a backup for the 4 attacking players and his partner.

as I SAID, pls try using tight zonal for your 2 CMs it will definetely improve your defense.

also giving my covering central defender tight zonal and my normal defender tight man has been successful so far.

mr hough, I have changed my 4231 deep to the manU 451 with the central midfielders, one amc and 2 wingers and I must say that its unbelievable, well must admit, that giving your two central midfielders tight zonal instead of tight man marking will definetely mean smaller gaps between d-line and midfield.

just try it out, I have one cm with defend duty who has mentality 7 and closing down 12 so acts more like a backup for the 4 attacking players and his partner.

as I SAID, pls try using tight zonal for your 2 CMs it will definetely improve your defense.

also giving my covering central defender tight zonal and my normal defender tight man has been successful so far.

my defence isn't that bad it's the midfield that i needed tightening, Anyway just beat chelsea 4-1 at there ground, They created 1 CCC i created 4 still unbeaten by the way.

Here is some screens to wet your appitite. Both the Chelsea games where with my new midfield settings the other 2 games where with the basic tactic base.

EvertonvsChelsea4-1.jpg

EvertonvsChelsea4-0.jpg

EvertonvsWestBrom.jpg

EvertonvsAstonVilla.jpg

As you can see Brilliant Results and away from Home too.

I'll be back to answer any Questions in an hour, There is something on TV i wanna watch.

my defence isn't that bad it's the midfield that i needed tightening, Anyway just beat chelsea 4-1 at there ground, They created 1 CCC i created 4 still unbeaten by the way.

lol I was writing about how to stabilize the midfield, since I wrote that giving tight zonal marking to your CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS will lessen the gap between your midfield and defence, since your central midfielders will not stay that high up the pitch!!!

but I wonder why youre complaining about your defence, when I see your screens^^

lol I was writing about how to stabilize the midfield, since I wrote that giving tight zonal marking to your CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS will lessen the gap between your midfield and defence, since your central midfielders will not stay that high up the pitch!!!

but I wonder why youre complaining about your defence, when I see your screens^^

Yeah i get that but it's not just about the zonal marking you have to get the other settings right too, I get countered alot becuase my midfield goes up to support the attack i found it hard to change this and no matter what settings i gave my midfielders they still did it, This give the opposition chance to break and i don't like that.

With these new settings the do up but are more defensive and rock solid in front of goal.

Yeah i get that but it's not just about the zonal marking you have to get the other settings right too, I get countered alot becuase my midfield goes up to support the attack i found it hard to change this and no matter what settings i gave my midfielders they still did it, This give the opposition chance to break and i don't like that.

With these new settings the do up but are more defensive and rock solid in front of goal.

so what did you change so far? giving both mcs no rfd? and what about your fullbacks? are they allowed to make forward runs?

so what did you change so far? giving both mcs no rfd? and what about your fullbacks? are they allowed to make forward runs?

I have basicialy given my midfielders nothing, everything on Defence because i want them to defend first attack later, That is there purpurse.