Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mate Mr Hough is silent but deadly =)) I hope he's not a sadistic guy enjoying the pain that he's causing by not releasing the tactic :)) kidding..... well when he thinks that the tactic is playble for every team... low mid or high he's gonna upload it in a sec

Well mate Mr Hough is silent but deadly =)) I hope he's not a sadistic guy enjoying the pain that he's causing by not releasing the tactic :)) kidding..... well when he thinks that the tactic is playble for every team... low mid or high he's gonna upload it in a sec

This is exactly right, I wanna make sure the tactic is playable for most teams, I am having hard times with the defence with teams of low standard, Could be the players but the opposition is finding too mucgh space so that tells me it's the tactic.

Seriously though as soon as i sort these problems out i will release the tactic for you all, I just wanna get these right first.

Thanks for your patience.

Im currently using the unbeaten tactic with my Man City team. Just played 2 away games, Arsenal and Newcastle. With the Arsenal i dominated the first half, though they came back and won 2-0. Then I played Newcastle, I took the lead but then they came back to beat me 2-1. Seems to be a problem playing away from home. At home, i seem to be fine, scroing for fun. Any hints or ideas?

To Mr Plough :)

I suggest that you take a look at what ron.e done to the defence tweak in the domination dabowski thread. I believe he has done something good there. I've tested the tactics in 2 games with the team I currently manage....and so far my defence have high rating, 8.0 and above

Done a test with Fulham?

Now I'm looking forward to seeing that, if you can get good results in the premiership with them then this is one hell of a tactic. (No disrespect to fulham) Would be nice to see how my man Bobby Zamora (ex brighton lad ;)) did.

Done a test with Fulham?

Now I'm looking forward to seeing that, if you can get good results in the premiership with them then this is one hell of a tactic. (No disrespect to fulham) Would be nice to see how my man Bobby Zamora (ex brighton lad ;)) did.

with fulham played 10 won 9 lost 1, Still having defence problems but scoring buckets almost 3 a game

In 10 premiership games Zamora has scored 9 Assisted 6 and MOM 3 times, Not bad going

Whose Zamora's partner upfront? or is he supported by 3 attacking mids behind him? 1 guess playing with wingers and the defence has to give. U cant score buckets without taking certain risks when attacking. Its a fine line.... so i say lets go with what we have for now

Mr Hough: Very nice results, and great to see Zamora doing so well ;)

edwinteo: I'd presume it's Andy Johnson? But I'm not sure if he's injured at the start of the game or not.

ah, i see.... i was kinda crossing my fingers that it has developed to become a 4-2-3-1 style of tactic. i'm biased of course, cos i'm playing a Weder Bremen save (pre Ozil leaving for Real)

formation still uses 2 strikers, I have mostly been using andy johnson up front, Gonna sign a few strikers in January maybe some better fullbacks too.

Thats the trouble position fullbacks getting cought out by the running coming behind him.

formation still uses 2 strikers, I have mostly been using andy johnson up front, Gonna sign a few strikers in January maybe some better fullbacks too.

Thats the trouble position fullbacks getting cought out by the running coming behind him.

off the top of my head:

1) with wingers playing wide, and with 2 strikers in the box, do the fullbacks still need to be high up the pitch? if its 1 striker then i suppose the wingers have to cut in, then fullbacks provide width

2) the dual DMCs are they meant to join the attack as well? or to sit back and form a defensive box, ala Brazilian box defence?

off the top of my head:

1) with wingers playing wide, and with 2 strikers in the box, do the fullbacks still need to be high up the pitch? if its 1 striker then i suppose the wingers have to cut in, then fullbacks provide width

2) the dual DMCs are they meant to join the attack as well? or to sit back and form a defensive box, ala Brazilian box defence?

Thats the thing with the fullbacks i'm trying to keep the back 6 in formation and not attack at all but they just go forward even though there on very defensive mentality.

Thats the thing with the fullbacks i'm trying to keep the back 6 in formation and not attack at all but they just go forward even though there on very defensive mentality.

have u tried putting them on low creativity as well? i am currently playing with my own asymetrical 4-2-3-1 tactic, with fullbacks on def duty but with mixed RFD. they dont get cut out by counter attacks. perhaps take a look at the default settings from the TC. or is it ur overall Strategy play could be too offensive?

have u tried putting them on low creativity as well? i am currently playing with my own asymetrical 4-2-3-1 tactic, with fullbacks on def duty but with mixed RFD. they dont get cut out by counter attacks. perhaps take a look at the default settings from the TC. or is it ur overall Strategy play could be too offensive?

I'm playing in the classic tactic type and my overall team mentality is the last notch of normal,

I have reduced the fullbacks creativity to the lowest it will go, It was on the last notch of little anyway so it won't that high. As i see the play unfold i have been watching my fullbacks very closely and what they seem to do is go up with the ball and then come back with the ball if you get what i mean, Obviusly staying in there positions but if the ball get passed into midfield they will move to midfield if it goes to attack they will move to attack, What seems to happen is that if i lose the ball the opposition counter like demons and my fullbacks are out of position, I have RFD on rarely too, I'm not sure what is causring this to happen.

I'm playing in the classic tactic type and my overall team mentality is the last notch of normal,

I have reduced the fullbacks creativity to the lowest it will go, It was on the last notch of little anyway so it won't that high. As i see the play unfold i have been watching my fullbacks very closely and what they seem to do is go up with the ball and then come back with the ball if you get what i mean, Obviusly staying in there positions but if the ball get passed into midfield they will move to midfield if it goes to attack they will move to attack, What seems to happen is that if i lose the ball the opposition counter like demons and my fullbacks are out of position, I have RFD on rarely too, I'm not sure what is causring this to happen.

I've had something similar happening on various tactics. In my opinion this is happens because the fullbacks always have a lot of space in front of them to run into, and possibly not enough passing options. What I usually do is increase their crosses from deep, and increase their passing range to mixed. Furthermore, personaly I never put any player on 0 mentality, I think giving them a mentality of 2-5 notches can help prevent them from doing irrational things at times. I also believe Tempo has a role to play in this so it probably depends on more than one factor.

I've had something similar happening on various tactics. In my opinion this is happens because the fullbacks always have a lot of space in front of them to run into, and possibly not enough passing options. What I usually do is increase their crosses from deep, and increase their passing range to mixed. Furthermore, personaly I never put any player on 0 mentality, I think giving them a mentality of 2-5 notches can help prevent them from doing irrational things at times. I also believe Tempo has a role to play in this so it probably depends on more than one factor.

i am doing what you are suggesting and more, My tempo is slow, I think it's just stupid and typical of this game really, You tell you players to do something and not matter how logical and 'right' you set the settings they still go forward, It's stupid and really ****ing me off.

So the theory of only narrow formations working well on fm10 could be true after all. It's the only times I've ever had success on this version but kudos to you if you can pull out a winger tactic. I'll certainly try it out.

i am doing what you are suggesting and more, My tempo is slow, I think it's just stupid and typical of this game really, You tell you players to do something and not matter how logical and 'right' you set the settings they still go forward, It's stupid and really ****ing me off.

You have to take into consideration that players are not robots.They have their own personalities and tendencies.They rarely follow team instructions at 100% . Preferred moves, teamwork and flair play a big part to the player attitude on the pitch and how much he will follow his instructions.

I am not trying to play the genius, I am using your 4-3-3 tactic and I think it is excellent.I just don't think that this is a bug of the game

You have to take into consideration that players are not robots.They have their own personalities and tendencies.They rarely follow team instructions at 100% . Preferred moves, teamwork and flair play a big part to the player attitude on the pitch and how much he will follow his instructions.

I am not trying to play the genius, I am using your 4-3-3 tactic and I think it is excellent.I just don't think that this is a bug of the game

Maybe your right, I ahve pulled the wingers back into the MR/ML position, This could help the defence/closing down and also keep the fullbacks in position, Fingers crossed anyway.

So the theory of only narrow formations working well on fm10 could be true after all. It's the only times I've ever had success on this version but kudos to you if you can pull out a winger tactic. I'll certainly try it out.

The reason I believe most narrow formations work better defensively that any 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 variant, is that a three man miedfield in FM10 can cover the flanks and the midfield at the same time, exceptionaly well. With any 4-3-3 variation you could have up to 3 players covering each flank, switching to 3 covering the middle of the pitch when the ball is being played through the middle ( depending on the particular instructions of each tactic of course). In any 4-4-2 you can usually have 2 per flank and you can't cover the middle with more than 2 either. For example, if you try to get 3 per flank in a 4-4-2 (adjusting the closing down for one of the MCs),it will simply leave one midfielder alone to cover the central area of the pitch, whereas a 4-3-3 will have 2 players there in a similar situation. Similarily, when you are playing a 4-4-2 and your opponent is attacking through the middle it is hard if not impossible to get the wingers in that area, so you're left with 2 MCs/DMs covering the middle. In any situation a 4-3-3 variation can have more players in whatever area of the pitch the oppossition are attacking from.